• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

glaurung

Guys, how do you get this sweet-looking DoF effect in the game?
xbCnqoL.jpg
Is it viable for real game play?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not yet; I did the unlock quest but am trying to get to 60 first before I start another job.

Machinist will be tough to get a real feel for early on--they get their Gauss Barrel Minuet at 52 so it'll take a while to get to that point. They do seem to have more skills that will proc instant casts for better weaving, but I dunno.

Edit: Just died; Minuet stays active through death. Pretty sure stance dancing isn't an intended thing at this point.
You must learn to become to turret. To never move. To stand in all AoEs for the sake of never interrupting a cast. To ignore all mechanics as your friends die for the sake of more DPS.

Only then will you be enlightened.

Tendo

So my summoner is 42. Would it be viable to switch that to machinist at 50 or would it be better to start archer and go Machinist at 50? It has been ages since I've played so I'm still a bit rusty on how that works. I only ask about my Summoner as it is my highest level.

RK9039

Guys, how do you get this sweet-looking DoF effect in the game? Is it viable for real game play?
I think you can do this by tweaking one the extra files that comes when you download reshade. I've not tried reshade on this game yet, I might try it tonight since I have HW installed now.

They work in the bios, and I can get a charge off them, they just become unresponsive once Windows boots.

This happened once before, flashing the Bios fixed it. Not really an option right now with my disc drive busted, buuuuuut, I think my work will let me cannibalize/borrow a drive for a few days if I ask nicely.

Sounds like a plan but hmm... did you install any libUSB filters recently? Either way what you still could try, if you have a PS2 Keyboard or Mouse try to completely uninstall the USB nodes in the
Device Manager and reboot.

Are all the raids from "vanilla" obsolete? I haven't tried them and would be sad to not be able to do them since everyone will migrate over.

Jolkien

The instance zone mechanics is one of the most horrible I ever saw in an mmo. Can't get the same instance as my friend.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm seeing SURPRISINGLY few Au Ra dudes around and even less ladies.

Not everyone's going to order the digital CE and less are going to outright pay ~$10 every time they want a cosmetic change.

I'm personally sitting on my fantasia potion for future use, I kind of like my miqo'te dragoon. I've kind of grown attached to what I've quested as for the last year+, it seems odd to suddenly show up sprouting horns and being a foot and a half taller.

Tomat

Are all the raids from "vanilla" obsolete? I haven't tried them and would be sad to not be able to do them since everyone will migrate over.
People will still be doing them. They added new weapons to some of the old raids for the new jobs.

Soi-Fong

I want to get back into to this sooo bad and rejoin Ultros GAF. I just don't think I have the patience and dedication to go back %100 like before.

Yeah, it's the same with me. I played so much last year it was crazy. Will need to relearn the controls and all that jazz.. Don't think I'd really have time for it too.. :(

WolvenOne

Sounds like a plan but hmm... did you install any libUSB filters recently? Either way what you still could try, if you have a PS2 Keyboard or Mouse try to completely uninstall the USB nodes in the
Device Manager and reboot.

Nope, I don't even know what a libUSB filter is.

Also, tried a PS2 keyboard, same deal. I know, that's bizarre.

creid

I was shocked to be able to sign in to Sarg with only a 2 minute wait a half hour after maintenance ended. I'm afraid of how long it's going to take to get back in tonight, and now I really wish I'd taken the day off. I didn't think there was any chance of stable servers today ;_;

Nope, I don't even know what a libUSB filter is.

Also, tried a PS2 keyboard, same deal. I know, that's bizarre.

Well this might be a redundant question but just to be sure, you did connect the PS/2 keyboard directly to a PS/2 port and not via a USB adapter right?

I just started last week... I don't have a lot of time to invest in the game on a day to day basis, but I really have enjoyed what I've played so far. Once I'm a bit further and more familiar with the game, I'll probably hit up some of your NeoGAF folks on Ultros.

My internet is finally working over here, so I can play now- I'm so excited. Decided I am going to switch to Au Ra and will do so immediately.

khaaan

I feel bad I stopped playing this game, especially because I had just hit 50 and was starting to get into the "real" parts of the game. There was also a GAF'er who crafted some awesome weapon for me once I hit 50 and said that he hoped I wouldn't quit the game like a lot of others.

Kitoro

Ugh.. I preordered the digital CE off PSN, I have the early access listed under my PSN service account list, and it's still not letting me accept the quest "Coming to Ishgard," telling me I need to purchase and install Heavensward.

Any tips?

Panic time. I logged in to The Lodestone and it said I must have a service account with at least one character. I logged into S-E Account management and my character is gone. What the heck? Has anybody else run into this?

Edit: this might be why

Bittercup

So my summoner is 42. Would it be viable to switch that to machinist at 50 or would it be better to start archer and go Machinist at 50? It has been ages since I've played so I'm still a bit rusty on how that works. I only ask about my Summoner as it is my highest level.
If machinist is the class you want to play I would just hurry to level 50 and Ishgard with the highest class you have so you can switch and later level archer for the cross class skills. Especially since your summoner is already so close to level 50.

I get to play in an hour, but I don't know what I want to do first! I've got 4 lvl50 jobs, but i want to try DRK and play TT and explore. BAH!

I'll probably start doing stuff with PLD and get that exp wheel going.

DarkKyo

Does anybody know how/where to get these glamour sets they showed on the lodestone in early June??
oshare08.png

I'm guessing there's a vendor in Ishgard somewhere?

Kouriozan

Putting an hold on story quest until I can fly in the first 2 big map that unlock at the beginning of Heavensward, it's really time consuming.

Stacey

Banned
Just beat through the maelstrom....

The grind to main scenario completion continues.....

What exactly is the reason behind locking out players from the new areas?

Tomat

Sooo.... there are already crafters that made it to 60? The fuck?

What exactly is the reason behind locking out players from the new areas?
Because it's part of the story - Ishgard is keeping themselves separate from the rest of Eorzea, they don't trust or want to deal with outsiders, particularly key members of an outside political/military organization (like you). FFXIV is very much a Final Fantasy game, in that it's based around the story. It's similar to how you can't join a Free Company until a certain part of the story, you can't use airships until a certain part of the story, you can't access dungeons until you reach them in the story.

WolvenOne

Dagnabit.

Further technical difficulties with PSN. It looks like it's not going to let me register the digital copy of this game with my mog station account until the 23rd.

So, even though I own the game already, and have early access privileges from the CE version I bought for PC, they're not going to let me play early on my PS4.

Getting my pc working again is my last hope. :p

Kouriozan

Looks like I'm reaching the first new dungeon in the story, it was a great idea to take a "break" and unlock flight in that map now.

Top Bottom