• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

artsi

So what's this talk about being able to solo low level dungeons? Can you just solo without level cap assuming you are high enough lv to handle it? I had no idea this was a thing.

Yep, my new dragon dragoon just destroyed Tam-Tara alone.
Fun to pull the whole dungeon behind, few AoE's and you're done.

unJLlKi.jpg

Rafterman

Banned
Wow, the texture shimmering in the DX11 client is brutal. What are you guys doing, if anything, to get rid of this since you can't use hardware AA in DX11?

Garlador

So this welcome back campaign.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee8ce49640c3c4cfd0a2235f307f53b0d1aa8e0

I have not logged in since sometime in 2014. Would I still get the stuff if I log in today or tomorrow since it is before 6/23 but after 6/7?

... I'm not sure if I'm eligible. I beat the main scenario during the free month, but never actually subscribed, but I kept popping back in often during frequent free weekends for the past year.

I REALLY would love to get some easy level 120 items. I quit playing because the grind to get good i120 gear was crushing my soul, no matter how much Hildibrand was making me smile.

Does DRK/PLD/WAR share the same gear?

Yep.

... I'm not sure if I'm eligible. I beat the main scenario during the free month, but never actually subscribed, but I kept popping back in often during frequent free weekends for the past year.

I REALLY would love to get some easy level 120 items. I quit playing because the grind to get good i120 gear was crushing my soul, no matter how much Hildibrand was making me smile.

Starter quests reward i115 and poetics rain from the sky right now. i120 is really nothing now.

Dunan

Nope, there's another ~2 gigs to download. Make sure to keep the launcher open and ps4 on. DL stops if you suspend or put the ps4 on rest mode.

Thanks for the info; I should have set this thing up before leaving for work. But no, my better half insists that she has to watch the news and it can wait until morning! :(

Tendo

It's been so long since I've played I'm tempted to just start fresh. Just not feeling my summoner anymore :( I'd rather just tank or level an archer.

That said is there an alt rule for the FC? I'm currently in on my summoner but will probably switch my main.

gryvan

It's been so long since I've played I'm tempted to just start fresh. Just not feeling my summoner anymore :( I'd rather just tank or level an archer.

That said is there an alt rule for the FC? I'm currently in on my summoner but will probably switch my main.

I believe we are not technically accepting any alts atm until all the new recruits are filled up

Dunan

So this welcome back campaign.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee8ce49640c3c4cfd0a2235f307f53b0d1aa8e0

I have not logged in since sometime in 2014. Would I still get the stuff if I log in today or tomorrow since it is before 6/23 but after 6/7?

I sure hope so! How do you find out when you last logged in? If I'm eligible, I would love to take advantage of this before starting Heavensward, because I still have some 2.55 story left to do.

_woLf

why not just switch classes on that same character again then? That's one of the best parts of XIV D:

Tendo

why not just switch classes on that same character again then? That's one of the best parts of XIV D:

If I do that what is the best way to earn gear now that I did quests on my other toon? Is there a way to reset the stat points I spent?

If I do that what is the best way to earn gear now that I did quests on my other toon? Is there a way to reset the stat points I spent?

Stats are completely independent of each class. Gear below level 50 is honestly not a big deal. You can vendor it, GC it, dungeon it, craft it, whatever.. knowing how to play your class is more important than having great gear when you're something like level 37.

Anyone know where we can exchange soldiery yet?

Same place as always, they just forgot to change the wording of the old tomes. It will do soldiery -> poetics 4:1.

Tendo

Stats are completely independent of each class. Gear below level 50 is honestly not a big deal. You can vendor it, GC it, dungeon it, craft it, whatever.. knowing how to play your class is more important than having great gear when you're something like level 37.

Same place as always, they just forgot to change the wording of the old tomes. It will do soldiery -> poetics 4:1.

Time to level my crafter then :O What should I do for leveling then?

Dunan

OK GAF, help me out:

I'm trying to get my account set up to play Heavensward, and I went to the Lodestone and logged in.

It's asking me to adjust my privacy settings, which is fine, but it isn't letting me log in with my main character!

It only shows me my alternate character on Durandal (here) and then another throwaway person I made on Hades during the beta.

SE hasn't lost my data; I can see my Ultros/GAF protagonist right here, at the correct level, and correctly affiliated with the GAF FC:

She's the one who will be visiting Ishgard, as my male main is nowhere near level 50 in anything.

I'm hoping this is just a glitch or something... anyone else having this? Not about to re-subscribe if I'm stuck doing all that 2.0-2.55 content again.

aceface

Female au'ra retainer with independent personality:
Greeting text:
"I-it's not like I want to sell your items or anything"
Goodbye text
"You're leaving already? Fine, then! I-it's not like I wanted you to stay or anything."

Waifu confirmed

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Au Ra retainer with an Independant personality is Tsundere

I repeat Independant Au Ra is Tsundere!

Greeting text:

Goodbye text
"You're leaving already? Fine, then! I-it's not like I wanted you to stay or anything."

Arkeband

Banned

Greeting text:

Goodbye text

This is some Grade A Koji Fox mischief right here.

OK GAF, help me out:

I'm trying to get my account set up to play Heavensward, and I went to the Lodestone and logged in.

It's asking me to adjust my privacy settings, which is fine, but it isn't letting me log in with my main character!

It only shows me my alternate character on Durandal (here) and then another throwaway person I made on Hades during the beta.

SE hasn't lost my data; I can see my Ultros/GAF protagonist right here, at the correct level, and correctly affiliated with the GAF FC:

She's the one who will be visiting Ishgard, as my male main is nowhere near level 50 in anything.

I'm hoping this is just a glitch or something... anyone else having this? Not about to re-subscribe if I'm stuck doing all that 2.0-2.55 content again.

If you mean logging into the armory/forums, if it's like any other mmo you can't login since your account is not active. Once you resubscribe you can log in. Why do you want to log in there though?

We get a new expansion...

BUT NO NEW HUNTING LOGS?

Hunting logs are for classes, not jobs.

K.Sabot

If you mean logging into the armory/forums, if it's like any other mmo you can't login since your account is not active. Once you resubscribe you can log in. Why do you want to log in there though?

Hunting logs are for classes, not jobs.

Yes but our classes are going to level 60

also still no new Grand Company ranks.

Yes but our classes are going to level 60

also still no new Grand Company ranks.

Oh, I guess. I don't even think of it like that. Once you hit level 30 your "class" never gets played again lol. It's a weird system that they just have to deal with it from legacy. They might just want to tie the hunt log to the coming GC rank increases.

OK GAF, help me out:

Currently there is a bug where you might not see characters on the lodestone/mogstation/forums. You need to log into them in game and then they will appear on the lodestone/mogstation/forums again.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I like to imagine the VA session for the female Au'ra emotes went down like this:

"Act like anime"
"I don't know how"
"Just try your best"

Man

Final Fantasy VII hype and Square Enix E3 2015 appreciation made me buy the FF14 bundle on PSN just now. It's going to be an amazing weekend.

Dunan

Just wanted to post a comment on the Welcome Back Campaign news item and ask for details.

Currently there is a bug where you might not see characters on the lodestone/mogstation/forums. You need to log into them in game and then they will appear on the lodestone/mogstation/forums again.

So I have to re-activate my subscription first? OK, I suppose, but why would my alt character and a beta-only character that I've never used be available but not my main one? I would understand if all three were visible, or all three were not visible.

Ferr986

I guess I know the answer, but just incase, Can i accept a quest or leve with a lvl 50 job and get the exp for a lower level? Got a Ninja halfway done.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Damn gaf is rolling deep in coerthas, just went past like 40 people.

So how do I start Heavensward? Can't seem to find alphinaud.

Go to that small room next to Haurchefant's place in Dragonstone. It's the room you ended up in at the end of the last patch. The same one you met the Lord Commander in several times.

Jijidasu

Guys, how do you get this sweet-looking DoF effect in the game? Is it viable for real game play?

Sorry - I went to bed.

Yes it has been fiddled with a lot so if impacts as little as possible on the HUD. Most configurations apply DoF in a manner which obscures the HUD elements to a point where you cannot read the quest log. I have made it in a way that there is as little blur as possible.

I will post an updated guide later if people are interested as my original graphics overhaul in the OT is now a bit outdated.

Greeting text:

Goodbye text

Oh god lol I need this

Just wanted to post a comment on the Welcome Back Campaign news item and ask for details.

So I have to re-activate my subscription first? OK, I suppose, but why would my alt character and a beta-only character that I've never used be available but not my main one? I would understand if all three were visible, or all three were not visible.

Lodestone is fucked right now. It says my char isn't even in GAF. Unless Strawberry went on a rampage after I logged and kicked me for being bad, that's clearly not right. Though it shows Korra as not in GAF too, so maybe.

Top Bottom