• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

koji kabuto

this is going to take for ever

RobDmGT.jpg

Does it still cost a ridiculous amount to move servers? I just got everything registered and and currently updating, but if it's still something crazy like $20, I guess I'll be hanging out by my lonesome on Sarganatas.

So, just managed to get in the game and I already have a question:

How does one redeem the Collector's Edition bonuses (the minion, mount, fantasia, etc.) if you ordered the digitial CE off PSN?

plake

So, just managed to get in the game and I already have a question:

How does one redeem the Collector's Edition bonuses (the minion, mount, fantasia, etc.) if you ordered the digitial CE off PSN?

You wait for the game to be released then check your mailbox.

creid

Does it still cost a ridiculous amount to move servers? I just got everything registered and and currently updating, but if it's still something crazy like $20, I guess I'll be hanging out by my lonesome on Sarganatas.
There's at least a dozen of us on Sarg, find someone from Red Dot and apply.

Dagnabit.

Further technical difficulties with PSN. It looks like it's not going to let me register the digital copy of this game with my mog station account until the 23rd.

So, even though I own the game already, and have early access privileges from the CE version I bought for PC, they're not going to let me play early on my PS4.

Getting my pc working again is my last hope. :p

Yeah, unfortunately Square sees the PS4 and PC versions of the game as completely separate, each needs their own copy of Heavensward to access the content, each needs their own Early Access code. Heck, check this out - if you have Heavensward on one platform and log out in a Heavensward area, you cannot log in at all on the platform without Heavensward. You've basically locked yourself out of playing on that platform in that situation.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Awww man I miss this game. Dark knight is right up my alley too.

Might have to see if I can convince the wife to let me join up again.

artsi

The best thing about this patch is now I can solo all the low level dungeons needed for my Zodiac upgrades.

Item Box

Large temple leves are a great addition, especially for someone like me who rarely uses their leves and is capped at 100 most of the time.

Tabris

So my internet is still down lol. What horrible timing. Apparently they think the fibre line in the building may be cut.

Bittercup

What is the Character Lighting setting in the DX11 config?
In A Realm Reborn player characters had an invisible light source in front of them, so they were always lit. In Heavensward this is disabled by default to generate a darker atmosphere.
The setting is just in case you don't like the new lighting.

WolvenOne

Yeah, unfortunately Square sees the PS4 and PC versions of the game as completely separate, each needs their own copy of Heavensward to access the content, each needs their own Early Access code. Heck, check this out - if you have Heavensward on one platform and log out in a Heavensward area, you cannot log in at all on the platform without Heavensward. You've basically locked yourself out of playing on that platform in that situation.

I think the bigger issue is that I bought the bundle, and they aren't sending out the codes to activate it until the 23rd, or something. I'd have likely avoided this issue if I'd bought them separately, I think.

Zalasta

I thought it has been repeated many times that the bundle does not come with pre-release code. You need to buy the base game and the expansion separately if you want to play Heavensward content before the 23rd.

WolvenOne

I thought it has been repeated many times that the bundle does not come with pre-release code. You need to buy the base game and the expansion separately if you want to play Heavensward content before the 23rd.

I remembered that after the fact. Before the fact, well I'm working on around 4.5 hours sleep, and had spent a couple hours trying to diagnose and fix my computer beforehand. Mentally I wasn't at my best.

Not the end of the world of course, so long as I eventually get my PS4 copy working. Just makes it more important to try to get my PC working again in the meantime.

Dunan

this is going to take for ever

So 3978 MB is the last block to download, after the 1700 or so MB from the pre-load?

Was hoping to play a bit in about 3 hours (5 AM local time; I work overnight), but it looks like I'll be setting the PS4 to start downloading and then I'll go to sleep.

jorgeton

So 3978 MB is the last block to download, after the 1700 or so MB from the pre-load?

Was hoping to play a bit in about 3 hours (5 AM local time; I work overnight), but it looks like I'll be setting the PS4 to start downloading and then I'll go to sleep.

Nope, there's another ~2 gigs to download. Make sure to keep the launcher open and ps4 on. DL stops if you suspend or put the ps4 on rest mode.

I propose a new topic title of "Crap I fell and died res pls <pos>"

Do what I do and run up to them on your healer class and sit down with them (while they're dead) and talk with them about their choices in life. If they're not open to new ideas like not jumping off cliff faces while aggroed or into a gaggle of enemies six levels higher than them, leave without raising them.

WolvenOne

If I buy this today from the SE store will I still get early access to heavensward?

If you buy base game and expansion separately, I think so.

Hmm... well if you want PM me or something and we can try to work this out, I still have a few ideas in mind to resolve this :)

And this game is still as beautiful as ever if not more :eek:

fxdbzf.png

Well I'm about to try flashing the Bio's with a DVD ROM drive I borrowed with work. I'll let you know if it doesn't work.

So what's this talk about being able to solo low level dungeons? Can you just solo without level cap assuming you are high enough lv to handle it? I had no idea this was a thing.

Arkeband

Banned
So what's this talk about being able to solo low level dungeons? Can you just solo without level cap assuming you are high enough lv to handle it? I had no idea this was a thing.

What the patch notes say (and they've been talking about this for a while now) is that if you join a level sync'd dungeon with less than the full amount of players, you can turn off the level sync. So yes, you can be level 60 and run around terrorizing Sastasha. You don't get item drops or EXP but you get completion credit, or in the case of raids, treasure chest spawns.

Even with level sync, they buffed that to use stats that don't reflect normal quality items of that level, but of at least green items (I think). Throw in the changes to the crit stat modifying your crit multiplier and skill/spell speed influencing dots, and they've made low level dungeons a little less of a chore.

Sophia

Do what I do and run up to them on your healer class and sit down with them (while they're dead) and talk with them about their choices in life. If they're not open to new ideas like not jumping off cliff faces while aggroed or into a gaggle of enemies six levels higher than them, leave without raising them.

Usually what seems to happen is people fall by accident, get down to 1 HP, and then get aggroed by the nearby monster for a one shot.

And in no way has this happened to me. Twice. Nope. Not me. I am not my own worst enemy. >_>

It's still amusing watching people die tho.

Top Bottom