• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Azzurri

Then you will just bitch about the team rehashing content.

Also, what is the carrot on the end of the stick for this refreshed content? More end game gear? The hardcore (you) will just min max it down to a science, get your gear as soon as possible, tilt your nose up and bitch about the lack of meaningful, "challenging" content.

I'm all for a variety of different content, but its clear that Yoshi and his team aren't up for spending their budget on shit 1% of people will do for the time is takes to develop it. Then having them turn around and bitch about it. Let's see how creative they get as time goes on. FFS, the damn expansion only launched 3 weeks ago.

He's asking for more variety which isn't the same as catering to the 'shit 1%' as you put it. If he said we need everything to be super hard that only 1% or so of players can do then you have a case, but all he and others are asking for is multiple ways to progress in endgame then just going from A to B to C.

That's not catering to the 1% that's catering to everyone who plays and reaches level 60 which is basically everyone who has played more than a couple months daily or weekly. Why is this so hard to understand? It's like everything YOSHIP does is gold standard and we should love and accept it and never criticize anything he does.

Sorian

Banned
That's not catering to the 1% that's catering to everyone who plays and reaches level 60 which is basically everyone who has played more than a couple months daily or weekly. Why is this so hard to understand? It's like everything YOSHIP does is gold standard and we should love and accept it and never criticize anything he does.

Which is funny because yoship has a lot of garbage ideas.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Speaking for myself at the very least I decide that this patch will be my cool down period and I'm not going to fret over getting BiS Gear right now.

My goals for now are:

-Level up my Conjurer 19 more times to get Stoneskin

-Get my Astrologian to Lv.60 (Currently at Lv.41)

-Get my Machinist to Lv.60 (Currently at Lv.30)

-Finish my Bard Relic Weapon (Currently in Nexus Form)

-Finish The Second Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 and the The Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 so I can finally finish and witness that story line.

***Optional:

-Finish and do all EX Primals after Moogle EX

-Finally Unlock and mess around in The Gold Saucer

-Work on and finish 2 More Zeta Weapons for my Astrologian and Machinist.

I wonder how much of this I will actually get done by the time 3.1 drops in October-November....and I hope that by than Square-Enix finally decides and settles on what they want to do with the Bard because for the time being I'm not committing any time to adapting to Wanderer's Minuet.

kiryogi

Banned
Kinda sad that Tabris is right here.

The Towers would be fantastic 8man hard mode content if they went and redid that, but instead it's a dreaded causal after thought that people troll or ignore.

I wouldn't mind it at all if they rehashed it but made it something for more endgame folks to chew on.

Jayhawk

The best way to supplement this vertical progression system in this game is to invest in that Jet Black HQ Thavnairian Bustier on the Ultros market board. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, maybe some Odoru-brand NQ Chivalric glamour chests is the right choice for you.

Since I've been averaging about 10 mails a day in game for crafting requests, I wish they improved the mailing system and stopped bugging me to delete mails one at a time because my inbox is always almost full.

Alexander normal is finally out and I only had 6 level 60 crafters with master books by the time it was out. My 56 ARM and 57 CUL have shamed me. Not hardcore enough.

Sorian

Banned
Speaking for myself at the very least I decide that this patch will be my cool down period and I'm not going to fret over getting BiS Gear right now.

My goals for now are:

-Level up my Conjurer 19 more times to get Stoneskin

-Get my Astrologian to Lv.60 (Currently at Lv.41)

-Get my Machinist to Lv.60 (Currently at Lv.30)

-Finish my Bard Relic Weapon (Currently in Nexus Form)

-Finish The Second Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 and the The Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 so I can finally finish and witness that story line.

***Optional:

-Finish and do all EX Primals after Moogle EX

-Finally Unlock and mess around in The Gold Saucer

-Work on and finish 2 More Zeta Weapons for my Astrologian and Machinist.

I wonder how much of this I will actually get done by the time 3.1 drops in October-November....and I hope that by than Square-Enix finally decides and settles on what they want to do with the Bard because for the time being I'm not committing any time to adapting to Wanderer's Minuet.

Do Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 3 as well since you appear to want story.

Edit: I bet that thav bustier would sell if it was dyed metallic gold.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
He's asking for more variety which isn't the same as catering to the 'shit 1%' as you put it. If he said we need everything to be super hard that only 1% or so of players can do then you have a case, but all he and others are asking for is multiple ways to progress in endgame then just going from A to B to C.

He started with all this...

FFXI did it right by always having "impossible content" available (i.e. AV) for people to constantly work towards. I mean all they would need is a couple bosses where it's nearly impossible to clear with current HP & DPS levels until maybe i230, so everyone has something to work on.

And Turn 5 was insanely hard until the first nerf right due to twisters? See, that's what they need to have. Near impossible content that takes a couple patches until the average raider can clear. Gives something for the world firsts to do and the rest of us to learn with.

Impossible content. Ten year old FFXI references. Getting the amount of subs of FFXIV vs. FFXI to try to prove a point (he was wrong btw)

And what's wrong with that? Why does the average player need to be able to clear everything? Most people didn't beat Ozma in FF9 for example.

I want unique bosses. I don't want the same bosses, just tuned for harder play.

But then goes on to say that refreshing content provides variety....

I just keep thinking to the following from FFXI: <snip>

More FFXI nostalgia. Most of which were actually HARMFUL to the game, its community and to SE.

He goes on and on and I don't even know where the goalposts are. First its impossible bosses few can do. Then its 35 bosses. Then its shit that was only there because of HORIZONAL progression (which meant few people actually did it back in the day because new gear rarely offered much over the gear they had!). now it's remixing dungeons/bosses...something that he said he didn't want to start with.

Content variety would be great. But using TEN YEAR OLD METHODS from a game people left because of said TEN YEAR METHODS is a piss poor way to do it. All of this because Savage is even out to fuck our faces up.

If all he said was 'It would be awesome to have more than one thing to do for progression content." That's cool. But FFXI nostalgia, without recognizing why most of that actually worked (completely different style of game, comparing 3+ expansions to one, etc) and also harmed the title in many, many ways leading for them to completely rework it in Abyssea... yeah.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Do Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 3 as well since you appear to want story.

Edit: I bet that thav bustier would sell if it was dyed metallic gold.
I have done T1-T5 in order but let me ask that for those of you that have cleared this is there any Turn I can actually Skip that doesn't contain story elements? Because I was under the impression that only Turn 1 and Turn 4 had story elements but I was wrong apparently.

Sorian

Banned
Oh I meant to quote that whenever it was posted and forgot. That tidbit about twisters being a good thing because they prevented people from clearing. No, that timing was so bad, it was basically considered a bug. Something like that preventing progress is not good, its annoying.

I have done T1-T4 in order but let me ask that for those of you that have cleared this is there any Turn I can actually Skip that doesn't contain story elements? Because I was under the impression that only Turn 1 and Turn 4 had story elements but I was wrong apparently.

I don't remember before final coil but t9-T13 all have varying degrees of exposition either before or after the bosses. T12 is very important because after the boss is quite a lot of explanation and an actual CG cutscene.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Titan Extreme i can get, but is Turn 5 still a road block?!

....Actually I could totally see that. Turn 5 still has one-shot mechanics that even being 60/running in as undersized can't overcome..

As long as people can die to divebombs and twisters they will.
T9 has the same problem, I dont know about T13 because I never did it.(Never even tried)

Jayhawk

They've hinted at adding more difficult open-world monsters, possibly similar to sky/sea/kings in FFXI. I don't think you all are ready for FFXI-style drama with LiveJournal posts documenting events and then community-established rules agreed upon by both NA and JP linkshells that then get shit upon by newcomers. People already complain about hunts. CAN'T WAIT.

Sorian

Banned
They've hinted at adding more difficult open-world monsters. I don't think you all are ready for FFXI-style drama with LiveJournal posts documenting events and then community-established rules agreed upon by both NA and JP linkshells that then get shit upon by newcomers. People already complain about hunts. CAN'T WAIT.

A lot of the FFXI drama won't exist because of the way mobs calculate rewards based on who fought it. It's not just whoever tags it wins the day.

Jayhawk

A lot of the FFXI drama won't exist because of the way mobs calculate rewards based on who fought it. It's not just whoever tags it wins the day.

Instead, it will be like the node in Frontlines. Alliances will then start berating their own members for not outputting enough enmity and damage.

Zomba13

Endgame Story spoilers question:

Speaking of Y'shtola am I right in figuring when she collasped the tunnel she effectively turned herself into Aether/killed herself and Queen of Kan-E-Senna pretty much revived her from death? However she lost something when that happened because the witchlady mentioned the glow from her eyes was gone...?

She collapsed the tunnel and then teleported herself (and very likely Thancred) into the lifestream. That magic is forbidden because of stuff like that. With aetherytes you have to attune to them them before you can teleport and it's a slow teleport (we have a cast time) Y'shtola didn't have the time and didn't really even have an exit point and just used the forbidden teleport spell as a GTFO button. Both teleports turn you into aether and move you somewhere but the Aetheryte crystals are like beacons or lighthouses that guide you so you end up in the right place in one piece, Y'shtola didn't have a place to guide her so she was then stuck in the lifestream as energy because she had no where to go and no way to rebuild herself.

Then Kan-E used Y'shtola's sister to pull Y'shtola back from the lifestream and rebuild her but it ended up causing her harm and she can no longer see. She did come out of it more in tune to aether and magical energy which she can now use to "see" (I assume much like Daredevil sees if you've seen the Netflix show) but in doing so it's slowly killing her.

I assume Thancred has suffered similarly and we'll have to pull him out at some point.

Sorian

Banned
Instead, it will be like the node in Frontlines. Alliances will then start berating their own members for not outputting enough enmity and damage.

We both know they baby open world content so it'll be the same system that calculates FATEs or hunt rewards.

She collapsed the tunnel and then teleported herself (and very likely Thancred) into the lifestream. That magic is forbidden because of stuff like that. With aetherytes you have to attune to them them before you can teleport and it's a slow teleport (we have a cast time) Y'shtola didn't have the time and didn't really even have an exit point and just used the forbidden teleport spell as a GTFO button. Both teleports turn you into aether and move you somewhere but the Aetheryte crystals are like beacons or lighthouses that guide you so you end up in the right place in one piece, Y'shtola didn't have a place to guide her so she was then stuck in the lifestream as energy because she had no where to go and no way to rebuild herself.

Then Kan-E used Y'shtola's sister to pull Y'shtola back from the lifestream and rebuild her but it ended up causing her harm and she can no longer see. She did come out of it more in tune to aether and magical energy which she can now use to "see" (I assume much like Daredevil sees if you've seen the Netflix show) but in doing so it's slowly killing her.

I assume Thancred has suffered similarly and we'll have to pull him out at some point.

We need a person with Thancred's blood to find him right? I hope we get to meet an illegitimate child

Xion_Stellar

I don't remember before final coil but t9-T13 all have varying degrees of exposition either before or after the bosses. T12 is very important because after the boss is quite a lot of explanation and an actual CG cutscene.
Oh well fuck it I guess I have no choice but to clear each turn at least once.

On that note is there any reward for doing Savage Mode of FCoB? Any item,Weapon,title or achievement?

Klyka

Banned
So many people are talking about "hardcore" and "difficulty" and I just don't see this working with FF14 AT ALL.

Are you sure this is the MMO you want to play for those things?

Sorian

Banned
Oh well fuck it I guess I have no choice but to clear each turn at least once.

On that note is there any reward for doing Savage Mode of FCoB? Any item,Weapon,title or achievement?

There is no savage for final coil, only for second coil. There is a title as a reward for each turn, nothing else.

So many people are talking about "hardcore" and "difficulty" and I just don't see this working with FF14 AT ALL.

Uh, I know you didn't play much but the coils at release would fall into most people's definition of difficult.

Klyka

Banned
There is no savage for final coil, only for second coil. There is a title as a reward for each turn, nothing else.

Uh, I know you didn't play much but the coils at release would fall into most people's definition of difficult.

Oh, were they?
Ah alright then.
That's just a really small part of the game though,right?

So instead of it being like, a spicy dish for people who want spicy food it was a mild dish but with some spicy side dish?

iammeiam

The problem is they already have some content that fills this criteria, just arguably not enough. That's the whole point--they spend time and money creating content that will appeal to only a small section of the potential playerbase (arguably because they're more likely to stay subbed than drop in and out for patches), but then don't expand on things for the audience that content caters to. It's not "please introduce challenging things for the first time ever", it's "you made this thing and that's great can you maybe make another thing or two in similar spirit?"

Sorian

Banned
"FIRE THE MACRO, NATASHA!"

"RIP. Missed out on the invite."

"There goes my i300 weapon reward for this week."

Hey man, don't be slow on the macro. I would hope difficult open world means more than a 30 second fight though, who knows.

Oh, were they?
Ah alright then.
That's just a really small part of the game though,right?

So instead of it being like, a spicy dish for people who want spicy food it was a mild dish but with some spicy side dish?

I guess that analogy works actually. It's just kind of expected with this genre though and people aren't really needing a lot more difficult content. They are already pretty close to standard, whatever they do will get eaten through quick which is just a problem with the genre at this point. That being said, read post above mine, we just need a few things in the same spirit released together not one and wait six months, etc.

Zalasta

People don't even seem to acknowledge the fact that they didn't put a weekly restriction on how much Law Tomes you can get (as well as raining down the new seals so you can upgrade just as fast). If it had been the case, most people wouldn't even meet the minimum ilevel restriction for Alexander (or meet the dps check for the new trials). They could've waited more than 2 weeks to release that content. Oh there are plenty of new stuff that is non-combat non-raid related, or have you all hit 60 on every classes already?

Sorian

Banned
People don't even seem to acknowledge the fact that they didn't put a weekly restriction on how much Law Tomes you can get (as well as raining down the new seals so you can upgrade just as fast). If it had been the case, most people wouldn't even meet the minimum ilevel restriction for Alexander (or meet the dps check for the new trials). They could've waited more than 2 weeks to release that content. Oh there are plenty of new stuff that is non-combat non-raid related, or have you all hit 60 on every classes already?

The original philo tomes didn't have a cap either in 2.0. Precedent was already set.

Zalasta

Well, I don't see the introduction of Philosophy being the same as Law. All subsequent tomestones have always came with a weekly restriction, and they could have easily done the same here. They didn't, and this is the result. People geared up to max within two weeks then complain about how easy everything is and how there is nothing left to do.

Sorian

Banned
Well, I don't see the introduction of Philosophy being the same as Law. All subsequent tomestones have always came with a weekly restriction, and they could have easily done the same here. They didn't, and this is the result. People geared up to max within two weeks then complain about how easy everything is and how there is nothing left to do.

That's cool that you don't see it being the same, except it is. The difference here is that esoterics are being delayed while myth was available right from the start. Philo = Law 100%.

MogCakes

A great weekly thing that would keep players playing at endgame is Dev bots. Have them be experimental models for random untested shit the devs come up with and have a disclaimer saying 'ENTER AT OWN RISK' and throw the players into the gauntlet. A dev bot that does 9999 hit per swing, one that attacks 3 times per second, one that creates permanent level walls for that instance with its abilities. Just random shit, whatever the devs feel like that week, put it in and let the playerbase see if they can handle what they come up with. It won't be story or raid related, it would be a bridge gap closer between the devs and the players.

Xion_Stellar

Hmmm OK I guess I could give them a try at the very least if I can get a Static going in my Server/FC since The God's Bow as a title is getting old.

Hmmm OK I guess I could give them a try at the very least if I can get a Static going in my Server/FC since The God's Bow as a title is getting old.

They are fucking hard and basically require 10 minutes of perfection from 8 people. Its not something you really have time for with new content out.

Just prepare yourself

Arkeband

Banned
Tabris is actually not wrong here, and it's really amusing that people are taking offense at any constructive criticism of their game.

The further other MMO's have drifted from the "donut" model, the worse off they've become. They get more casual subscribers but ultimately what an MMO truly aims for is recurring subscriptions. This is why FFXIV only quotes total registered accounts - they know that concurrent user numbers are not impressive. People buy, they try, then dip out.

Having "impossible" content (subjective, I personally saw Illidan as 'impossible' or so far off it was something always looming in the distance in WoW's Burning Crusade) is important for the 'gamer' crowd - the people who have reached max level and aren't using this as a social vehicle, but are treating it like a video game.

Don't be so shocked that this crowd also wants to discuss game mechanics and the pros AND cons of the game. Our passion is games, its not being negative, it's being objective.

The silly part is any good ideas brainstormed up during these discussions is utterly wasted outside of the official forums, and even there they're rarely seen.

Sorian

Banned
They are fucking hard and basically require 10 minutes of perfection from 8 people. Its not something you really have time for with new content out.

Just prepare yourself

I didn't mention difficulty because I don't actually know. How bad are savage turns with 7 level 60s?

fedexpeon

Banned
Certainly none of this is a surprise to a jaded MMO veteran like you, of course!

TBH, I think this will be my last MMO for a while.
I am too old for this genre now...I am hitting 29 next year and have been playing MMO when I was still in middle school.

I will wait for that VR-MMO though...the grind would be bearable right?

Zalasta

That's cool that you don't see it being the same, except it is. The difference here is that esoterics are being delayed while myth was available right from the start. Philo = Law 100%.

Right, except for the fact that when Philosophy was introduced there was also raid equivalent gears in Coil. Not to mention there was no Duty Roulette that would allow you to get the tomestones so quickly. No hunt, no upgrades. So I would be happy to concede the point if you can show me where SE said that they designed Law to work exactly as Philosophy had intended to be. Otherwise I respectfully disagree because of all the different mechanics that have been put into the game since then. It seems that you are basing it solely on this being the first Allagan currency for the expansion so of course it should be the same.

dcye

Oh there are plenty of new stuff that is non-combat non-raid related, or have you all hit 60 on every classes already?

How does alt-job levelling combat this issue in any way? Levelling alts doesn't count as endgame content variety.

Klyka

Banned
So, what's everyone's favorite dungeon and trial?

I really like Stone Vigil, it just speaks to me.
And my favorite trial is Moggle Mog cause it just makes me smile every god damn time.

Jayhawk

Tabris is actually not wrong here, and it's really amusing that people are taking offense at any constructive criticism of their game.

The further other MMO's have drifted from the "donut" model, the worse off they've become. They get more casual subscribers but ultimately what an MMO truly aims for is recurring subscriptions. This is why FFXIV only quotes total registered accounts - they know that concurrent user numbers are not impressive. People buy, they try, then dip out.

Having "impossible" content (subjective, I personally saw Illidan as 'impossible' or so far off it was something always looming in the distance in WoW's Burning Crusade) is important for the 'gamer' crowd - the people who have reached max level and aren't using this as a social vehicle, but are treating it like a video game.

Don't be so shocked that this crowd also wants to discuss game mechanics and the pros AND cons of the game. Our passion is games, its not being negative, it's being objective.

The silly part is any good ideas brainstormed up during these discussions is utterly wasted outside of the official forums, and even there they're rarely seen.

The "impossible" content argument being thrown about is amusing. Is a boss you're not beating until 3-4 months after they're introduced not "impossible" enough?

Sorian

Banned
Right, except for the fact that when Philosophy was introduced there was also raid equivalent gears in Coil. Not to mention there was no Duty Roulette that would allow you to get the tomestones so quickly. No hunt, no upgrades. So I would be happy to concede the point if you can show me where SE said that they designed Law to work exactly as Philosophy had intended to be. Otherwise I respectfully disagree because of all the different mechanics that have been put into the game since then. It seems that you are basing it solely on this being the first Allagan currency for the expansion so of course it should be the same.

You made it sound like that it is a special case because it is not weekly capped. Since the game started, there has always been a lower tomestone that is uncapped weekly and a higher tomestone that is capped weekly. The only time two tomestone have ever been released at the same time is at the beginning of a content cycle and this is presumably done so that the lower tomestone can be used to lift you closer to the gear needed to make use of/earn the other. In this current cycle Law is the lower uncapped tomestone while esoterics is the higher capped tomestone.

Again the only difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is that esoterics was delayed, there is no difference between Law and Philo in terms of their purpose or the rules for earning them. Just because there are more options of HOW to earn Law as compared to philo does not mean there is any fundamental difference. All they did was with 3.0 was delay everything. Law gear was meant to be a little boost to hold you over until you got the good gear.

I've always had a soft spot for both Haukke Manors. I also like the creepy HM, Tam tara? Favorite trial is definitely Singularity Reactor now, just so well made from a design stand point.

Arkeband

Banned

I really like Stone Vigil, it just speaks to me.
And my favorite trial is Moggle Mog cause it just makes me smile every god damn time.

My favorite trial is the last one from Heavensward's MSQ, because it has interesting mechanics and isn't frustrating because people are dumb. It's nearly impossible to fail. Outside of this, Shiva EX is pretty well-made.

My favorite dungeon might be The Vault for being a shameless Anor Londo ripoff, or Snowcloak for having perhaps the only boss in the game with fun mechanics that dramatically speed up the fight if you do them correctly.

The worst dungeon is Sastasha HM for having a boss with a billion HP for no good reason. Such a chore. Also, DD for having regular mobs with a billion health for no good reason. Basically any dungeon they didn't tune properly can eat a bag of dicks. When you have to run these 100+ times for your relic, that's where the jadedness sets in.

Kintaro

He's not wrong but his examples are poor and all over the place. Which is why he is getting the reaction he is.

Want to know how we know this game is successful for SE? It's not free to play yet. Look around at every other MMO except for WoW. All free to play in order to survive.

I would say that SE thinks XIV and XI are doing just fine despite the "lack of content."

Sorian

Banned
He's not wrong but his examples are poor and all over the place. Which is why he is getting the reaction he is.

Want to know how we know this game is successful for SE? It's not free to play yet. Look around at every other MMO except for WoW. All free to play in order to survive.

I would say that SE thinks XIV and XI are doing just fine despite the "lack of content."

Here's an unpopular opinion: Going F2P is not always indicative that a game is doing bad. It can be a very smart business model when done correctly and people really need to drop this weird fear they have of it.

Kintaro

Here's an unpopular opinion: Going F2P is not always indicative that a game is doing bad. It can be a very smart business model when done correctly and people really need to drop this weird fear they have of it.

It can be, if you start that way. When you start paid and end up F2P? You're seen as a failure.

The list of them are quite long. Mainly because they couldn't keep a subscription base. Some do well, some don't. Most as seen as poor MMOs. Tera, Rift, TOR, Wildstar, AO, Elder Scrools, LOTRO, the list is endless.

Cmagus

PhilipCostigan's point is right on. The issue is content burnout.

FFXIV doesn't create much content so they create systems that require you to run that same content over and over and over. Trust me, we'll be so sick of Alex Normal in a couple weeks.

And as pointed out, WoW had a lot more active raids on expansion releases to run, so not just a FFXI thing.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I've honestly become completely bored of this game and for the very reasons you've pointed out. Now I'm not saying the game is bad because I really enjoyed the Heavensward story but the actual game content is so repetitive that I just can't bring myself to be bothered anymore.

I took a 2 week break before the expansion hoping it would help but it really hasn't. I main BLM but I honestly don't feel like playing that job anymore, I tried leveling one of the newer classes but as soon as I start it's like I don't want to grind FATES I'm sick of them, I don't want to run the older dungeons I've done them to death and the entire tome system is dreadful.I can't even be bothered to grind the law tomes to get into Alexander.

Maybe I don't have the time for it anymore but I'm just so bored with this I mean the only thing I enjoy at this point is the soundtrack I rather just spend the $60 on the soundtracks than the game at this point. Not sure what the solution is but this expansion hasn't done much for me and I think it's time for me to take a long break from this.

Sorian

Banned
It can be, if you start that way. When you start paid and end up F2P? You're seen as a failure.

The list of them are quite long. Mainly because they couldn't keep a subscription base. Some do well, some don't. Most as seen as poor MMOs. Tera, Rift, TOR, Wildstar, AO, the list is endless.

And yet, some of those MMOs became much more profitable/successful after going F2P, TOR being the main one from that list. SE is stubborn, I believe they've made it clear in the past that they will do anything to stay as a subscription model for this game so, I mean, it doesn't really mean much that they are still sub based. It's obvious they are making money, yes, but if they weren't they'd still be clinging to nothing.

Arkeband

Banned
Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I've honestly become completely bored of this game and for the very reasons you've pointed out. Now I'm not saying the game is bad because I really enjoyed the Heavensward story but the actual game content is so repetitive that I just can't bring myself to be bothered anymore.

I took a 2 week break before the expansion hoping it would help but it really hasn't. I main BLM but I honestly don't feel like playing that job anymore, I tried leveling one of the newer classes but as soon as I start it's like I don't want to grind FATES I'm sick of them, I don't want to run the older dungeons I've done them to death and the entire tome system is dreadful.I can't even be bothered to grind the law tomes to get into Alexander.

Maybe I don't have the time for it anymore but I'm just so bored with this I mean the only thing I enjoy at this point is the soundtrack I rather just spend the $60 on the soundtracks than the game at this point. Not sure what the solution is but this expansion hasn't done much for me and I think it's time for me to take a long break from this.

The fights in Alexander are dumb easy but they're well designed, so if you do make it to i170, it's worth the couple of hours it takes to make it through them. The music is also fun. (Turn/Floor 4's is basically Titan's Theme 2)

I feel you though, I'd like to see how differently the new classes feel but the thought of drudging through those older dungeons or FATE grinding again just makes me shudder. I ended up sticking with my DRG just because I didn't want to start off the expansion grinding old content in a vegetative state.

While this is all true, it's also true that when FFXIV subs dip far too low for far too long, the game will probably go F2P. I think that's what they may mean by "doing bad." If that is what they mean, I agree with them.

FFXIV is in a great space right now.

Top Bottom