• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Ken

I saw your original post so I'm going to roll with that. My point is, 3.5 will roll around and we'll have a lot of content to do again and yay all is well. Then 4.0 will drop and nothing from 3.x will matter so we will just have a few things. And they will have to ramp up to the end of 4.x again and yay content! <repeat cycle>. My point is, I hope they don't go down that route forever.

Yeah, I think the second expansion will be the most indicative of how they want to handle it going forward.

Jayhawk

BELIEVE ME I AM AWARE.

Have you seen the crafted Mog gun? It's created specifically to drive me insane because the only way to get the drop is to farm Mog synced to 50 and the mere idea gives me a headache.

Of course, I have seen it. One of the first things I did during early access was selecting 'Try On' for new additions to my master recipes. My level 38 Astrologian will wield that crafted Moogle weapon one day.

With all the talk about FFXI and Alexander, I am disappointed by the lack of people making mention of old FFXI mechanics like Discoid and Mortal Revolution making their appearance in this game.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Chariots#Special_Attacks

BELIEVE ME I AM AWARE.

Have you seen the crafted Mog gun? It's created specifically to drive me insane because the only way to get the drop is to farm Mog synced to 50 and the mere idea gives me a headache.

No offense angary, and you may need to sit down for this one, but that mog gun is terrible. Maybe it's your fetish with weird hats, but let that gun go.

pls respond if okay

Omni

When in combat, occasionally for some reason the targeting is weird for me. Like I'll be locked onto the guy in front of me, I'll fire an arrow, but then my target lock will switch over to the guy behind me? Am I doing something wrong?

Also is there an easier way to target specific enemies? Pressing the d-pad seems really inefficient. Like it'll 'miss' enemies that are directly ahead of you...

iammeiam

No offense angary, and you may need to sit down for this one, but that mog gun is terrible. Maybe it's your fetish with weird hats, but let that gun go.

pls respond if okay

I will fight you.

With my AMAZING Mog gun.

Just as soon as I find 13 million gil.

Once that happens, though? It is on. Mog gun, Amon's hat, you have no chance to survive.

WolvenOne

When in combat, occasionally for some reason the targeting is weird for me. Like I'll be locked onto the guy in front of me, I'll fire an arrow, but then my target lock will switch over to the guy behind me? Am I doing something wrong?

Also is there an easier way to target specific enemies? Pressing the d-pad seems really inefficient. Like it'll 'miss' enemies that are directly ahead of you...

Hold down R Trigger and click R bumper to tab through enemies.

Also, yeah the targeting in this game is occasionally weird. There are times where I'm targeting an enemy, but cannot attack until I untarget/re-target said enemy. Doesn't happen too often, but it's weeeeeird when it happens.

Ken

On a controller, if you select a target and hit X, you put them as your primary target. However, you can still "soft-select" other targets. If you have a target "soft-selected" you can either:

Press X to make them your primary target.

Perform 1 action on them and then automatically revert to your primary target.

It's really nice for healers since you can toss a heal on someone and automatically revert to the main tank, or for DPS if you want to toss a DoT or something on one dude and go back to hitting something else.

WolvenOne

Angary's got a gun.

Eorzea's come undone.

From lookin' at Minfillia's two suns.

What did Qhon do!?

What did he put you through?!

....I hereby declare Operation Derail the Argument in the OT, a success.

Alrus

Farming Mog Ex seems like the stuff of nightmare. I'd just get the non crafted version and pretend it's glowing.

Edit: Can you imagine if Mog Ex dropped a Pony with the original drop rates? :p

Sorian

Banned
Farming Mog Ex seems like the stuff of nightmare. I'd just get the non crafted version and pretend it's glowing.

Edit: Can you imagine if Mog Ex dropped a Pony with the original drop rates? :p

Am I the only one that loves the Mog EX fight? I legit want to farm it, I could use the gil.

MogCakes

SE should make a huge maze and release it as a dungeon, the boss/enemy/spawn/respawn locations are randomized and aggro is permanent even when you die. You have to find your party before you can progress and you need to get past the randomized enemies/traps/bosses to get to them.

And the walls move.

Sorian

Banned
SE should make a huge maze and release it as a dungeon, the boss/enemy/spawn/respawn locations are randomized and aggro is permanent even when you die. You have to find your party before you can progress and you need to get past the randomized enemies/traps/bosses to get to them.

And the walls move.

Rift had a hedge maze as a part of one of their early raid bosses. I enjoyed doing it every week.

Alrus

Am I the only one that loves the Mog EX fight? I legit want to farm it, I could use the gil.

It's because it took me so long to do it and I didn't find it particularly fun (too much stuff happening at once and, at the time, I just couldn't keep up as a healer), just hearing that music makes me twitch.

Maybe if I tried it again now, I'd enjoy it more, who knows.

Sorian

Banned
It's because it took me so long to do it and I didn't find it particularly fun (too much stuff happening at once and, at the time, I just couldn't keep up as a healer), just hearing that music makes me twitch.

But it's basically Nightmare Before Christmas music which makes it GOAT.

Uthred

Yeah I ran it later when it was old content, did it via DF, took forever, the music haunts me

While this is all true, it's also true that when FFXIV subs dip far too low for far too long, the game will probably go F2P. I think that's what they may mean by "doing bad." If that is what they mean, I agree with them.

FFXIV is in a great space right now.

FFXI never went F2P no matter how few subs it had. Even today right now you have to pay a sub to play it.

Omni

Hold down R Trigger and click R bumper to tab through enemies.

Also, yeah the targeting in this game is occasionally weird. There are times where I'm targeting an enemy, but cannot attack until I untarget/re-target said enemy. Doesn't happen too often, but it's weeeeeird when it happens.

On a controller, if you select a target and hit X, you put them as your primary target. However, you can still "soft-select" other targets. If you have a target "soft-selected" you can either:

Press X to make them your primary target.

Perform 1 action on them and then automatically revert to your primary target.

It's really nice for healers since you can toss a heal on someone and automatically revert to the main tank, or for DPS if you want to toss a DoT or something on one dude and go back to hitting something else.

This helps. Thank you!

Outside of FCs and maybe Linkshells is there anywhere that people sort of go just to idle and chat? Between doing endgame stuff I mean.

That was a big draw in the MMO I used to play for me, but there was a global chat system there, combined with a rather miniscule community.

Sorian

Banned
Outside of FCs and maybe Linkshells is there anywhere that people sort of go just to idle and chat? Between doing endgame stuff I mean.

That was a big draw in the MMO I used to play for me, but there was a global chat system there, combined with a rather miniscule community.

Because linkshells exist, I think it generally killed that aspect in this game. People tend to hang out in either Idyllshire or Foundation and /shout happens in those zones but YMMV on whether the conversation is actually worth it.

MogCakes

Idyllshire is the happening spot if you want to stand around and chat, specifically in front of Rowena and her lackies. The marketplaces around the citystates are mostly just full of crafters, save maybe for Limsa's market because it's so close to the aetheryte. You may find some chatter in the expansion zones as well - at least for now. Hunt calls are taking over the chats more and more.

Ferr986

The only global chatting in XIV is "Please invite for hunt" spam.

Top Bottom