• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

I've only played about an hour of Heavensward before going to work, but I was able to start some story quests, found a new area and nearly unlocked Machinist. I'm going to rock that job as hard as I can... mainly because I never had the chance to play Ranger in XI before it went from useless job to bandwagon(relic only) post Adoulin. Bard eased that desire, but now that I can use the same gear leveling MCH I'm thrilled to bits to level it up.

Well, I was going to balance out doing the story on Monk and leveling Machinist, but considering the instant DPS queues, I think I'm going to try to fast track learning how to shoot stuff.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
... I'm not sure if I'm eligible. I beat the main scenario during the free month, but never actually subscribed, but I kept popping back in often during frequent free weekends for the past year.

I REALLY would love to get some easy level 120 items. I quit playing because the grind to get good i120 gear was crushing my soul, no matter how much Hildibrand was making me smile.
Have you paid for any game time? The new recruit stuff that goes in effect on Tuesday gives recruited people enough currency to buy a ilv 120 weapon, body, and pants. If you haven't subbed for any time at all you should still be able to input a recruit code on Mogstation (Hint:
Use mine 9FTHA929
). You have to log in after early access though, don't think you'll get the feathers during early access.

Sorry - I went to bed.

Yes it has been fiddled with a lot so if impacts as little as possible on the HUD. Most configurations apply DoF in a manner which obscures the HUD elements to a point where you cannot read the quest log. I have made it in a way that there is as little blur as possible.

I will post an updated guide later if people are interested as my original graphics overhaul in the OT is now a bit outdated.

I would love a guide for just the DoF if possible! :)

Au Ra retainer with an Independant personality is Tsundere

I repeat Independant Au Ra is Tsundere!

Greeting text:
"I-it's not like I want to sell your items or anything"

Goodbye text
"You're leaving already? Fine, then! I-it's not like I wanted you to stay or anything."

Whoa, I-its not like I want such a retainer or anything >.>

Also is anyone elses Graphics Card and CPU notably quieter ever since the DX11 client? o.o

Kenai

Approaching lvl 40 ASt despite logging in 2 hours late + lunch break. Don't think it's replacing SCH for me, but it will be a nice off healer for when i can't SCH.

Decided to give the game a go again, sadly I can't make a new character on any of the populated servers.

Has anything changed in terms of leveling since uh, last year?

Dunan

Lodestone is fucked right now. It says my char isn't even in GAF. Unless Strawberry went on a rampage after I logged and kicked me for being bad, that's clearly not right. Though it shows Korra as not in GAF too, so maybe.

I just went to Mogstation and can't see my main character there either (but can see my two alts just fine).

Now I'm getting worried.

I just went to Mogstation and can't see my main character there either (but can see my two alts just fine).

Now I'm getting worried.

It's certainly a weird situation, but a mod on the official forums said our characters are fine and the log in thing should work.

Anyone have a recruiter's code they'd like for me to use? I never subbed past the 30-days and it's letting me input one before I subscribe for the first time.

EDIT: It is done.

Frazley

Hey guys,

I'm going to jump back in again tonight. Still need to finish main questline to get into Heavensward, but everything looks so awesome in HW.

So am I seeing it right that relic weapon is no longer worth finishing?

Dunan

It's certainly a weird situation, but a mod on the official forums said our characters are fine and the log in thing should work.

OK, good to hear. I might just wait until the free access begins on 6/23, play through the rest of 2.55 for free, and then pay for a month once I'm done with 2.x content. I think I'll be needing that i120 gear as my item level is in the high 90s.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Looks like the Soldiery gear models make a return as i150 gear. Some of the marketboard gear is stuff from the last patch.

8afa00226c.jpg

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Getting through to SE support to remove a security token is a joke. 3 hours now and still no response from email, chat, or phone.

Getting through to SE support to remove a security token is a joke. 3 hours now and still no response from email, chat, or phone.

SE support is atrocious in general, but you picked a hell of a time to try to get to them. Even in the middle of March it took 24 hours for an e-mail response.

Kouriozan

Wait, I never knew you could get a preview of armors with that fitting room.
EDIT : Yeah, totally missed the "try" option until now, feel dumb.

Bittercup

Decided to give the game a go again, sadly I can't make a new character on any of the populated servers.

Has anything changed in terms of leveling since uh, last year?
If you want to play on a highly populated server it might be possible to create a character during different times.
When I started FFXIV I couldn't create a character on the server I wanted either. I tried again the next day on the very early morning and the character creating restriction was suddenly lifted.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Wait

That means Evenstar models are being used for relevant gear again

SON OF A BITCH

_woLf

This is why I always remove my security token when I unsubscribe. Super risky.

You'll be lucky to get through to them by the time the next expansion comes out. :(

Since everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon, if you're planning on subbing new to the game PM me and I'll give you a recruit a friend code :3

Sora_N

So for disc version of HW will I need a disc? I got the disc copy for PS4 preorderd for $5 less after taxes than if I bought digital.

If I need the disc I'd rather buy digital.

dubq

Did they officially rename this game to Final Fantasy XIV Online and drop "A Realm Reborn?" I haven't played in a while, just curious. :)

Kouriozan

Did they officially rename this game to Final Fantasy XIV Online and drop "A Realm Reborn?" I haven't played in a while, just curious. :)

It was named "A Realm Reborn : Final Fantasy XIV", now it's "Heavensward : Final Fantasy XIV"
It's just to differentiate the 1.0/2.0/3.0 versions

If anyone is looking to sign up, feel free to use my code:
XED8V4ZR

Heavensward is absolutely amazing. I was getting tired of 2.x mostly due to grinding my Zeta, and it's so nice to have a huge amount of new content to explore. Sucked in yet again...

Top Bottom