• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does having to replace the robots on dungeons pulls bug you at all? Not sure if that's a common complaint or not.

I know it's not a true pet like SMN/SCH pets but the ability to place and move later would be nice instead of having to replace every time.

No, I think it's fine.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've just beat
Nidhogg
and damn is this story depressing. Fuck, haha.

Having a great time!

scy

It's basically as much work as Flaming Arrow but way cooler, more useful, less likely to be wasted if the tank moves, and without the CD.

This. Once I just thought of it as Shadowflare and not a pet, it just became "oGCD set-and-forget."

Omni

Hit level 20 so I'll be buying the game today.

Question. Should I stick to levelling up my archer or should I be looking into something else too? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I've heard of things like Black Mage... etc.

Sorian

Banned
ugh, when does the HS story pick up? I just
killed Bismarck, I miss the scions =\

That spoiler,

f6Hxn.jpg

Pancho

Qurupancho
Does having to replace the robots on dungeons pulls bug you at all? Not sure if that's a common complaint or not.

I know it's not a true pet like SMN/SCH pets but the ability to place and move later would be nice instead of having to replace every time.
This honestly doesn't bother me much since Im used to "activate" dps with my scholar, its no different than stance dancing between Cleric Stance.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm just trying to get the Odin quest done, since I never bothered with it before, am I just unlucky with DPS that i'm getting through DF? No one seems to be able to not die in the second half of the fight. I'm tank, but it doesn;t seem all that tough to avoid stuff, and the healers seem to have been OK.

Was this considered a hard fight when it came out?

aceface

I'm just trying to get the Odin quest done, since I never bothered with it before, am I just unlucky with DPS that i'm getting through DF? No one seems to be able to not die in the second half of the fight. I'm tank, but it doesn;t seem all that tough to avoid stuff, and the healers seem to have been OK.

It's not that hard. Theres not too much stuff to avoid, what usually kills folks is the dps don't kill the gungirs fast enough and the healers don't esuna the bleed so everyone ends up with double bleed. Tell the dps to kill the swords and the healers to esuna the bleed they can esuna.

Sorian

Banned
It's not that hard. Theres not too much stuff to avoid, what usually kills folks is the dps don't kill the gungirs fast enough and the healers don't esuna the bleed so everyone ends up with double bleed which kills folks. Mao, tell the dps to kill the swords and the healers to esuna the bleed they can esuna.

Tell everyone to not be bad, criticize the tank(s) too for being lazy.

Jeels

It's a very easy fight if you have a decent group that understands their class role. Unfortunately, for some reason that particular duty I would always get a bad group in.

King_Moc

Banned
It's not that hard. Theres not too much stuff to avoid, what usually kills folks is the dps don't kill the gungirs fast enough and the healers don't esuna the bleed so everyone ends up with double bleed. Tell the dps to kill the swords and the healers to esuna the bleed they can esuna.

I didn't even notice the bleed. Does that come from attacking the Gungnirs? I'm amazed that it's so hard to tell people to kill them, when everyone must have done Ifrit, which is similar.

aceface

I didn't even notice the bleed. Does that come from attacking the Gungnirs? I'm amazed that it's so hard to tell people to kill them, when everyone must have done Ifrit, which is similar.

Yeah there's one bleed caused by the gungirs that effects everyone which you can't esuna, which disappears when the gungirs are killed. There's a second bleed caused by a different attack (not sure what this one is) which the healers can esuna. Anyone with both of these bleeds on for any amount of time is gonna go down pretty quick. I think dps tend to tunnel on Odin on this fight cause they are nervous about Zantetsuken.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah there's one bleed caused by the gungirs that effects everyone which you can't esuna, which disappears when the gungirs are killed. There's a second bleed caused by a different attack (not sure what this one is) which the healers can esuna. Anyone with both of these bleeds on for any amount of time is gonna go down pretty quick. I think dps tend to tunnel on Odin on this fight cause they are nervous about Zantetsuken.

Which is funny because even when it released, the DPS check wasn't even close*

*Disclaimer: For DPS that have any idea what their rotation is so YMMV in DF.

King_Moc

Banned

Good advice, thanks. That may have been what was killing some people.

Sorian

Banned
Or are at least halfway trying. Since going DRG I've come to realize 'not enough DPS' is the most recurring problem in PUGs.

I ran Alex T1 first thing Tuesday morning and we beat the enrage by mere milliseconds (and only with an melee LB3). Looked at the meter and I was the highest DPS over a MNK and DRG and BRD. And it was not a close race at all.

Lanrutcon

So I'm busy updating the client to get back into this. What's the current DPS pool looking like? Summoners any good now?

linid0t

Just unlocked flying in the
Coerthas Western Highlands.

Wow, this is exhilarating! Can't wait for the snow to clear up so I can see further. It would be awesome if this got patched into the old maps.

fedexpeon

Banned
I ran Alex T1 first thing Tuesday morning and we beat the enrage by mere milliseconds (and only with an melee LB3). Looked at the meter and I was the highest DPS over a MNK and DRG and BRD. And it was not a close race at all.

I believe it.
I told this DRG that HT must be on 24/7...and he told that I don't know how to play a DPS since using HT would break his higher potency combo...

WolvenOne

Sadly, if you aren't asleep at the switch, you're better than at least half the DPS out there, possibly more. I hate to sound negative, I really do, but there is a certain segment of the playerbase that is just mindboggling.

Well, to be fair, this may be the same segment that treat this game like a single player game. If you're not interacting with other players more than you have to, you're probably not picking up on ways to play your class more effectively. Granted, that's mere supposition on my part.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This honestly doesn't bother me much since Im used to "activate" dps with my scholar, its no different than stance dancing between Cleric Stance.
Maybe it's just me then. Stance dancing with Clerics I don't mind. I think I just hate having to place any AoE marker.

Jarate

Banned
Being a Tank in Heavensward with all the DPS checks in the dungeons makes me feel so powerless.

People just do not comprehend how to do good DPS, I have no clue why, maybe adding in an actual DPS meter would help, but man, its so frustrating being level gated, having to do
the Vault
70 times and half those runs having DPS that fails to do the simplest things.

The worst is when you tell them in the nicest way possible to do their proper rotation and tips on how to play their class, and they get super mad at me. Like why are you getting mad, I'm trying to make you better at the game

Also, for anyone who's lvld multiple classes to 60, what's the best way to level an alt class to 60 in this expac

Sorian

Banned
He he. Gonna reroll as a lalafell gardener. All bets are off.

If I ever switch to lala of my own free will (I don't think I'd ever risk a fantasia bet but I mean, I could be swayed, maybe at the chance of turning Drama into a cat girl), then please send a hit squad to take me out.

Being a Tank in Heavensward with all the DPS checks in the dungeons makes me feel so powerless.

People just do not comprehend how to do good DPS, I have no clue why, maybe adding in an actual DPS meter would help, but man, its so frustrating being level gated, having to do
the Vault
70 times and half those runs having DPS that fails to do the simplest things.

The worst is when you tell them in the nicest way possible to do their proper rotation and tips on how to play their class, and they get super mad at me. Like why are you getting mad, I'm trying to make you better at the game

Also, for anyone who's lvld multiple classes to 60, what's the best way to level an alt class to 60 in this expac

Roulettes and highest available dungeons. FATEs in new areas yield crap xp for effort given to complete.

_BtB_

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has a good site for learning to heal as a whm or in general? I just did brayflox longstop (story) and that was a wake up call for me. I struggled with healing the tank and switching to dps to heal when things were going south. We only wiped once at the last boss, but i feel I need to learn more before heading into other dungeons if they are anything like brayflox. FYI I have virus/swiftcast/eye for eye as some guides I read suggest I get.

My main problem with healing is what to do at certain situations? for example the last boss of brayflox, everyone was spread around due to poison pool, had poison debuff, was at half health. I tried swiftcasting the tank with a cure2, but messed that up by accidently healing myself =/

So share your tips/sites with me pls,thx
:)

aceface

They're worse than just doing 10 individual leves (hell, ~3 leves beat them).

Really no reason to use them as of right now.

I think they are mainly meant for people like me who are constantly sitting on 100 leves and want a quick 100k or 200k xp. I sometimes use them for gathering to get me over the top for the next level. Ain't no one got time for 3 leves.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would say the Large Leves are less Leve allowance efficient but far more time efficient.

10 leves takes a very long time.

iammeiam

Blow everything you have with a bonus to get to 51. Challenge log, roulettes, hunts, whatever. It's the worst part. Dungeon spam through the odd levels--you get a chain bonus in dungeons when you match the level that bumps up the experience you get per-run a little, so you want to maximize your level-matches runs. When you hit even levels, blow your roulettes and hunts for the day to cut down on the number of dungeon runs needed. Then just dungeon spam through it. You can knock out a couple of levels per day pretty easily this way; if you're going to marathon and try to get through two even levels in a day, save the bonus stuff for the second one.

Above has kind of made level grinding fun. You get a new dungeon every odd level, and a new skill to change up how you handle the old dungeon on the even. Aery is probably the worst dungeon of the leveling process for me.

scy

I think they are mainly meant for people like me who are constantly sitting on 100 leves and want a quick 100k or 200k xp. I sometimes use them for gathering to get me over the top for the next level. Ain't no one got time for 3 leves.

Maybe true for Gathering (and maybe Battle?) but the crafting ones are strictly inferior. Same items needed except more ... that you could turn-in for the normal one for better rewards.

aceface

Maybe true for Gathering (and maybe Battle?) but the crafting ones are strictly inferior. Same items needed except more ... that you could turn-in for the normal one for better rewards.

Ah I've never used them for crafting so I can see your point. For me with gathering it's like, I'm not gonna use all the allowances they give me anyways so rather than sit at 100 and have them wasted might as well burn a quick 10. Especially if you can get an evaluation temple leve for gathering, the exp is good.

Also related pro tip for gatherers: don't forget to keep doing your GC turnin every day! If it's starred, turning in 10 hq items can net 1mil+ exp.

Top Bottom