• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Weird thing about second half of A4 was I just stood behind the mecha-balls and ninja'd away the whole time, never got targeted except once by the orbs, and then move out of sight. I still have no idea what the other 7 people had to deal with...

I hope they update the Libra app soon, i enjoy having the gear info handy

Rising_Hei

Yay finally got Ravana EX killed !! (solo tank)
Couldn't farm after that because suddenly people starting derping a lot with the preys and such but oh well.

I had to do a "training" pt and make them learn until we cleared it, "Kill pts" always ended up with many asses that thought they knew the fight and didn't, people that joins training have a much better attitude, don't ragequit and have will to learn.

Yay finally got Ravana EX killed !! (solo tank)
Couldn't farm after that because suddenly people starting derping a lot with the preys and such but oh well.

I had to do a "training" pt and make them learn until we cleared it, "Kill pts" always ended up with many asses that thought they knew the fight and didn't, people that joins training have a much better attitude, don't ragequit and have will to learn.

I think what happens with parties advertising themselves as kill/clear groups is that people who haven't studied or experienced the fight join expecting to get carried, and both they and the people who actually can do it get exasperated.

Groups going into it with a frame of mind to practice and learn the fight tend to be more forgiving and enjoyable.

Getting geared up for Alex sucks. Mostly because PLD is my only 60 and it gets stale for me really fast.

What also sucks is getting a new piece of gear only to see your average ilvl not even increase by 1 level.

Weird thing about second half of A4 was I just stood behind the mecha-balls and ninja'd away the whole time, never got targeted except once by the orbs, and then move out of sight. I still have no idea what the other 7 people had to deal with...

I can never see anything from behind the boss, which makes me nervous because it gets in the way of me helping to deal with mechanics.

rubius01

I know several bards, so I am a professional at that as well.

Quick tips:

Don't sing until the healers yell at you
Wanderer's Minuet is Love
Wanderer's Minuet is Life.

Galen is the captain going down with the SS Bard

kind-hearts-and-coronets_3866.jpg

I'm getting conflicing information on this, so I want to ask here to get some additional feedback about Alexander Floor 4. Spoilers just in case people want to go in completely blind:

I play as a Monk, and have been told you don't need to worry about moving for your positionals. I saw there's no arrow showing where the mob is facing like usual when you target the legs, but I still see everyone else using their positional rotations and nobody can give me a specific answer either way.

Any thoughts on this? Does anyone here know for sure?

Leveling up classes you don't care for for cross class skills is such a pain. :(

I know, right? I ended up putting off getting Blood for Blood for my Monk for over a year before finally giving in and getting it out of the way. Going to have to start leveling up Bard now for Machinist as well because I really have no excuse not to have Hawk's Eye.

I'm getting conflicing information on this, so I want to ask here to get some additional feedback about Alexander Floor 4. Spoilers just in case people want to go in completely blind:

I play as a Monk, and have been told you don't need to worry about moving for your positionals. I saw there's no arrow showing where the mob is facing like usual when you target the legs, but I still see everyone else using their positional rotations and nobody can give me a specific answer either way.

Any thoughts on this? Does anyone here know for sure?

As a fellow Monk, I can confirm that when fighting the forelegs you don't need to worry about moving, everything will register as being done from the right side. When you're actually fighting the boss proper, you'll need to move as you regularly would though.

As a fellow Monk, I can confirm that when fighting the forelegs you don't need to worry about moving, everything will register as being done from the right side. When you're actually fighting the boss proper, you'll need to move as you regularly would though.

Thank you very much.

LegatoB

Thanks for this.

Are these something that you should definitely do? Like, would it just be incredibly stupid to focus on the one class - such as an archer - until level 50 or whatever?
When you hit level 30, you should raise the second class you need to unlock the Job you want up to 15, at least. There's no reason to be an Archer and not a Bard at level 30. So you should probably take Pugilist up to 15 when you hit Archer 30, and you'll probably want to raise Lancer some too.

I'm not too familiar with Bard so I don't know what the "must-have" cross-class skills are, but you might end up taking one (or both) of those classes up to 30 or so eventually. You don't need to do it right away, but it's something to plan for later on.

BadRNG

Are these something that you should definitely do? Like, would it just be incredibly stupid to focus on the one class - such as an archer - until level 50 or whatever?
The only benefit you get from remaining on a singular class is you get more cross class skills, but you lose out on free bonus stats from your job crystal, your job skills, and your job gear. So it's not really ever worth it.

There are no more class quests after 30 either, they are replaced by job quests. If you ever see someone post-30 still using a class, they are likely either new and uninformed or trolling for reactions.

Flambe

Just out of curiosity, did you have a security token attached to your account? It sounds to me like maybe you were hacked. :(

I didn't, nope. I only played like a month when ARR first came out and my passwords are pretty skookum so that's surprising but always possible I suppose.

It said that resetting the pw would restore access but that isn't working either so I guess I have to wait until support is open tomorrow =[ blah

Edit: And yeah I do have one now lol

chrono01

I didn't, nope. I only played like a month when ARR first came out and my passwords are pretty skookum so that's surprising but always possible I suppose.

It said that resetting the pw would restore access but that isn't working either so I guess I have to wait until support is open tomorrow =[ blah

Edit: And yeah I do have one now lol
Sorry to hear that. I wish you luck in [hopefully] restoring your account. If not, at least you have a security token now!

I strongly advise everyone with an account to get one. It's definitely worth it for the added security, and you get a helpful additional free aetheryte teleport!

n27OgAB.jpg

I almost threw my controller at the wall.

Context: I waited over 30 minutes for the previous FATE to show up. Once I completed that fate, I went to do the next one but found that I only had 4:30 to complete the FATE. I went over as fast as I could and started doing the FATE recklessly. I couldn't take my time to deal with the other 5 adds that were agro on me because I was trying to beat the clock. As you can see, I had 14 seconds left on the clock, and the boss had like 1% of his health remaining.

My chocobo ended up killing the boss and completing the FATE for me!

KTO

Do you guys think i should switch servers? I can barely play after 10pm with how congested and laggy the game gets on Gilgamesh.

chiliboy

Do you guys think i should switch servers? I can barely play after 10pm with how congested and laggy the game gets on Gilgamesh.

are you from EU and what datacenter is gilgamesh?

EU players on Ultros, how are your experiences of the server?

chiliboy

I'm in norway and it's fine for the most part. There are times (though, this is not common) when things take some time to happen, but that might be my terrible connection.

okay what kind of connection are you running? :) wireless or wired?

Im in sweden and running a 100/10 connection wired, really stable on all other games I've tried. Will see how my experience on ultros is!

zeox

okay what kind of connection are you running? :) wireless or wired?

Im in sweden and running a 100/10 connection wired, really stable on all other games I've tried. Will see how my experience on ultros is!
At the moment I live in the middle of nowhere with a 2/.5 connection. So barely usable for games. Despite that, ultros is fine for the majority of my game time

Kitoro

I just hit level 60 with my Dark Knight, and I want to start loading up on Law tomes, but I left the game after burning out on Amdapoor Keep back in October 2013, and missed out on a ton of other dungeons that are apparently required to unlock the High Level Duty Roulette.

Do I have to clear every single one of the 14 dungeons listed on the High Level Duty Roulette in order to unlock the roulette? If so, I'm in for a long, dull journey over the next week or so...

Hopefully there's a faster, more reasonable way to unlock it...

KTO

I just hit level 60 with my Dark Knight, and I want to start loading up on Law tomes, but I left the game after burning out on Amdapoor Keep back in October 2013, and missed out on a ton of other dungeons that are apparently required to unlock the High Level Duty Roulette.

Do I have to clear every single one of the 14 dungeons listed on the High Level Duty Roulette in order to unlock the roulette? If so, I'm in for a long, dull journey over the next week or so...

Yeah, you do.

Doing them at level 60 (even synced) means you should be able to blow through them pretty easily, and since you're a tank your wait times should be fairly low.

Keep hope alive

Reknoc

There isn't, have fun! I'm slowly unlocking it myself, just four more dungeons left..

chrono01

What is it supposed to cover?
Mostly Q&A from what I can see, so probably a lot of class/balance stuff. Also, "news", but nothing to state what it actually is.

I'm guessing we might hear more about Alexander Savage [and how the loot system might work], a release date for it, and maaaaaybe information on the next 24-player raid. Might be too early for that, though.

Top Bottom