• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

IvorB

Broom quests were nice and 'different' from the usual fetch ones.. hope they'll add much more like those.

Players: we want original and different side quests from the standard fetch/kill!
Yoshida: here you go.
Players: these quests are too hard! Wtf?

Sandfox

no, I play a MNK where every skill in my rotation requires me to hit a positional.

I have no sympathy for Dragoons who can't hit theirs. This is the one scenario where Yoshida's standard response of "get good" should apply.

God forbid Dragoon actually gets some complexity instead of /afk working through a rotation.

It's already the highest DPS class in the game because of the sheer buffs it got in HW. Now it's becoming easier to play?

:lol
I'm cool with how Dragoon is now, but I can see why other people have complained when you consider that the positional is random and hitting it has about a 3x difference in potency. They wanted to lax the penalty a bit.

Arkeband

Banned
The broom quests were nice because it incentivized you to actually read them instead if pressing M and looking for the Orange circle and fast-clicking through what I'm sure was very clever dialogue.

Arkeband

Banned

They were still fetch/kill, they just basically turned off the minimap telling you exactly where to go to fetch/kill, or the quest tracker saying "type /this".

They Morrowindized those quests when players are used to having Skyrim difficulty "giant arrow pointing toward where you need to go"

Qvoth

blm enochian to refresh for full duration?
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Zomba13

Huh the broomstick quests weren't popular? I thought those were interesting.

Well when you have people who complaing about having to search a small area for things with bright pink beacons on their heads how do you think those people will feel when not even given a map pointer?

Those were the best quests and it will suck if we don't get any more like it.

Munba

They were still fetch/kill, they just basically turned off the minimap telling you exactly where to go to fetch/kill, or the quest tracker saying "type /this".

Mmh no, some quests were about exploration following some hints. And i like it.

Zomba13

Mmh no, some quests were about exploration following some hints. And i like it.

The broom quests were waaaaaaay easier than the previous "no hint" quest. They basically told you exactly what to do so instead of it being a visual signpost (like a big red circle on a map) we were told "follow the river west" which would only be an issue if you couldn't read (which tbh I think many MMO players can't...).

They were still fun though and actually told a nice story. I just wish they could find a balance between code deciphering like the previous one and reading directions like the brooms. Only issue I had with the brooms chain was when it wasnted a specific emote that I just didn't use because to me the emote is used more in triumph and victory and not to make someone feel better.

I'm cool with how Dragoon is now, but I can see why other people have complained when you consider that the positional is random and hitting it has about a 3x difference in potency. They wanted to lax the penalty a bit.

Even when those positionals are occasionally missed Dragoons are STILL the highest melee DPS class in the game. What more do you want?

The fact that Yoshida's response to classes that actually have issues (Bard with Minuet, Ninja with Mudra lag) was just "get good" and his response to the best melee class in the game having to miss positionals sometimes was "oh let me fix that a bit for you" is laughable.

Dragoons should just have to deal with the reduced potency loss and be content with the fact that they're still the best. If you have to give up positional damage once in a while, welcome to the MNK life where that happens constantly?

Ferr986

Even when those positionals are occasionally missed Dragoons are STILL the highest melee DPS class in the game. What more do you want?

The fact that Yoshida's response to classes that actually have issues (Bard with Minuet, Ninja with Mudra lag) was just "get good" and his response to the best melee class in the game having to miss positionals sometimes was "oh let me fix that a bit for you" is laughable.

Dragoons should just have to deal with the reduced potency loss and be content with the fact that they're still the best. If you have to give up positional damage once in a while, welcome to the MNK life where that happens constantly?

Wait, is this true? If that's so, fuck you Yoshi. There's no room for gitting gud when lag is involved as much as with Mudras.

It really seems like I should return to my 50 DRG...

Sorian

Banned
Nice, adjustments for Enochian. It'll be nice to actually use Thunder during the entire rotation [and not just the first application of Enochian], but if they don't extend the Astral Fire buff duration, I can't see myself using the GCD on anything but another Fire IV/Fire I to keep up Astral. :/

What really needed changing, at least in my opinion, was an Astral Fire/Umbral Ice duration increase [to maybe 12-13 seconds] and not an Enochian extension.

I've already been using thunder for the entire rotation, it always fits in with my blizz IV during that MP regen phase. The issue I had more of was using the thundercloud procs which, yeah, an enochian increase does nothing for.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just been through support got access to my account yay

Sandfox

Well it looks like we can change the FC name now.

I think they are just changing dragoons because its an extremely easy thing to change rather then them feeling the class was any harder than the others or anything. As a side note, Monk potency losses aren't as high as the ones being changed.

Wait, is this true? If that's so, fuck you Yoshi. There's no room for gitting gud when lag is involved as much as with Mudras.

It really seems like I should return to my 50 DRG...

If people continue to complain he won't be able to use that excuse anymore.

IvorB

Well if the Enochian timer doesn't reduce I guess we will be free to just Fire IV until we run out of mana. That makes it slightly less interesting than it is but hey ho I guess. On the plus side I guess that would be less sheer panic to deal with during the fight. Actually I don't even know if that's a plus since I kind of liked the panic. :-( That change would remove a lot of the reactive element and decisioning.

chrono01

I've already been using thunder for the entire rotation, it always fits in with my blizz IV during that MP regen phase. The issue I had more of was using the thundercloud procs which, yeah, an enochian increase does nothing for.
Exactly. If they don't extend the Astral Fire/Umbral Ice duration, I doubt I'll be using that Thunderclouds proc during my Fire IV/Fire 1 rotation [unless I really have to move and it's available].

Here's hoping they have other stuff planned. The Enochian timing I never really had an issue with personally. If used properly [and you're not screwed with an in-game mechanic], it falls off just as the ability becomes available again.

Well if the Enochian timer doesn't reduce I guess we will be free to just Fire IV until we run out of mana. That makes it slightly less interesting than it is but hey ho I guess. On the plus side I guess that would be less sheer panic to deal with during the fight. Actually I don't even know if that's a plus since I kind of liked the panic. :-( That change would remove a lot of the reactive element and decisioning.
I'm 99.9% sure that's not what Yoshi-P meant. He was likely referring to making it so each additional refresh of Enochian lasts a longer time so you don't feel as pressured to hurry/perfect your rotation in the second/third refresh, or maybe lowering the CD on Enochian itself so that, if it does end up falling off, you won't have to wait as long to reapply it.

We're not entirely sure yet, but I'd find it extremely surprising if they took away the duration.

Valor

Q21. It’s often difficult to find the NPCs and quest points for the quests in Churning Mists. Are there plans to adjust this?

A21. I definitely think we kind of over did it with the Moogle-related quests, so we will be careful in the future not to have these kind of quests. It seems like there is a high amount of hatred towards the Moogles who keep getting lost.
KIND OF?

God I hate those things.

Azzurri

Players: we want original and different side quests from the standard fetch/kill!
Yoshida: here you go.
Players: these quests are too hard! Wtf?

This is what happens when you wanted the game to be accessible to everyone. You reap what you sew.

They can't go and change it now or people would quit.

I really wish SE would release Koji Fox or someone else from the dungeon to translate these things.

I can only look at Mr. Happy getting his translations wrong for so long

I am pretty sure the Enochian reapplication is what I have been saying since I hit 60. It's just when you make that dumb screw up and use the Enochian ability too soon and rather than refreshing the full duration like any other buff in the game, it acts like Blizzard IV.

That being said I'm sure they'll look at umbral/astral as well. It really feels weird not using thundercloud procs.

Maybe they can do something fun with thundercloud under Enochian where it either extends your astral/umbral, gives mp, or shortens cast time on the next spell.

chrono01

This is what happens when you wanted the game to be accessible to everyone. You reap what you sew.

They can't go and change it now or people would quit.
"Neverreap."

THE ANSWER WAS IN-FRONT OF US THE ENTIRE TIME!

No but seriously, I loved the broom quests too. It'll be a shame to see them go away.

Sorian

Banned
I am pretty sure the Enochian reapplication is what I have been saying since I hit 60. It's just when you make that dumb screw up and use the Enochian ability too soon and rather than refreshing the full duration like any other buff in the game, it acts like Blizzard IV.

That being said I'm sure they'll look at umbral/astral as well. It really feels weird not using thundercloud procs.

Maybe they can do something fun with thundercloud under Enochian where it either extends your astral/umbral, gives mp, or shortens cast time on the next spell.

This is the only thing they could do to make me interested in using it without just always increasing the astral/umbral buff.

Ken

I really wish SE would release Koji Fox or someone else from the dungeon to translate these things.

I can only look at Mr. Happy getting his translations wrong for so long

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ducer-LIVE-Part-XXIII-Q-A-Update-Thread/page2

Q18. It's hard to stack up Meditation while moving around inside the dungeon. Do you have plans to add an action where we can stack up to the maximum amount at once?

A18. While developing, we did consider making it possible to stack up to 5 while not in combat; however, doing this made it where they were able to output strong damage every time for individual fights, therefore, we currently have no plans for this.

wat

Reknoc

I haven't done the broom quests yet, but are they anything like that one treasure side quest added in one of the patches? Because that was great
even thought the troll reward was super obvious

Sorian

Banned

Their balancing is worked around the fact that they know tanks will usually pull before anyone is actually ready.

I haven't done the broom quests yet, but are they anything like that one treasure side quest added in one of the patches? Because that was great
even thought the troll reward was super obvious

Exactly the same, though much less thought required.

Ken

But that's just busy work, it's just a time sink. They should just get them through the main story quest.

Nope.

The only annoying thing about how it is now is that some aether current quests follow from quest chains that wouldn't even appear to be related to aether currents, like the Hunter Becomes Kweh one.

Sometimes I wonder how you even play the game, since I recall you complaining about Heavensward content being gated by MSQ, wanting the ability to buy level 50/60 boosts, and now you just want aether currents unlocked via MSQ.

Ferr986

Nope.

The only annoying thing about how it is now is that some aether current quests follow from quest chains that wouldn't even appear to be related to aether currents, like the Hunter Becomes Kweh one.

yep, that was the only annoying part.

I actually liked having to explore the map to be able to fyling. Afterall, flying means you actually sort of "skip" the map , so it makes sense to have to traverse all of it at first.

Valor

Sometimes I wonder how you even play the game, since I recall you complaining about Heavensward content being gated by MSQ, wanting the ability to buy level 50/60 boosts, and now aether currents is just busy work.
Can I just skip the game so I can play the game? The game really is interfering with my enjoyment of the game.

I lost the game

Azzurri

Nope.

Sometimes I wonder how you even play the game, since I recall you complaining about Heavensward content being gated by MSQ, wanting the ability to buy level 50/60 boosts, and now aether currents is just busy work.

I complain about everything, but I still do it. Lol

But these theme park MMO's are about endgame, so I'm not wrong, so you spend 20 or so hours until you hit max from 50. Is it fun, sure, but you're doing it to reach level 60 and endgame where the game actually starts for the majority of people. I get you need these because if not there isn't as much to do, but people race to endgame in every MMO because that's where all the major content is.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Game fully installed now off to work lol. Ill request to join company when i see someone online. I joined ultross

Sorian

Banned
Q36. Do you have plans to introduce a Haurchefant minion or painting?

A36. Since we're receiving lots of requests for this...let's add this in Patch 3.1!

Brb, buying a house so I can make a shrine to the paining.

IvorB

I'm 99.9% sure that's not what Yoshi-P meant. He was likely referring to making it so each additional refresh of Enochian lasts a longer time so you don't feel as pressured to hurry/perfect your rotation in the second/third refresh, or maybe lowering the CD on Enochian itself so that, if it does end up falling off, you won't have to wait as long to reapply it.

We're not entirely sure yet, but I'd find it extremely surprising if they took away the duration.

Yeah that was my understanding as well. So currently when I first apply to Enochian it's all good and I can rip Fire IV's until the mana runs out. But after the refreshes, and considering mechanics and movement, when the timer shortens it becomes tricky to do the Fire IVs and still refresh in time as you said. So if we no longer have to deal with the reduced timer then it just becomes a simple thing to keep pumping out Fire IVs with plenty of time to refresh and without having to consider what to do when in the shortened window. I mean black mage will do a lot more damage that way but for me that sounds a lot less fun to play.

I am pretty sure the Enochian reapplication is what I have been saying since I hit 60. It's just when you make that dumb screw up and use the Enochian ability too soon and rather than refreshing the full duration like any other buff in the game, it acts like Blizzard IV..

If you are using triggering the ability while still under the effects of Enochian that's a pretty bad mistake. :-(

Sorian

Banned
Q41. Can you increase the methods for obtaining cute minions?

A41. Even if we increase the methods for obtainment, the drop rate will not change. We understand the demand, but it’s because of their rarity that they are sought after. There is an element of luck in the game, and if everyone obtained it immediately they would get bored. We’d like to keep this as an element that you can brag about.

Yoship making sure Kagari doesn't become bored.

Top Bottom