• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

I just want to hear Yoshi tell Bards and MCH to git gud like he did to people when everyone was complaining how hard Titan HM was back in the day.

Omni

Alright, thanks guys. Very, very helpful. Much appreciated especially since I've noticed people in-game are kinda rude when you ask questions...

Just one more thing. If I start off as an Acher and get that to level 30, can I still become a Black Mage if I level up Thaumaturge to level 30 as well? Or am I locked into becoming a Bard and nothing else? And how do you level up a secondary class? I assume I can't do it yet because my first is only level 21 right now.

chrono01

Just one more thing. If I start off as an Acher and get that to level 30, can I still become a Black Mage if I level up Thaumaturge to level 30 as well? Or am I locked into becoming a Bard and nothing else? And how do you level up a secondary class? I assume I can't do it yet because my first is only level 21 right now.
You can definitely level anything and everything in this game, assuming you have the drive/passion to do so.

I do not. BLM for life!

UzLBwTF.jpg

da480p5.jpg

Tank got killed during the terrible dragon/sleeping dragon part forcing me to summon Titan and save the party from a wipe, from there on the healer and tank spent the rest of the dungeon bitching each other out. Meanwhile me and the ninja said absolutely nothing and just observed the two of them, they got so into it I had to summon Titan another two times just to force them to progress.

Damn why so serious.

Audioboxer

Who are you in game? Jade Arcana here :).

And yeah, generally in most primal fights, there will be something you have to do to not get OKO'd. Ifrit it's the Nail.

Also it's Emerald Carby being best for dungeons, Topaz is best for field/solo stuff. (Topaz = tank pet)

Need any help, feel free to hit me up if you see me in game :).

Yeah, it doesn't matter. It's really only used for frontlines. Some people even switch just to do all the missions/achieve max rank in each company.

Hey Stuart thanks for the advice. Kupo Kopo on Ultros :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
About BRD:

BRD's image was "a class that can attack while moving", which is useful during various fights where movement is required to deal with different boss attacks and gimmicks.

Minuet was basically put in to allow BRDs deal more damage when the above isn't required.

They made switching between stances etc. better in 3.01 and they're not planning to change BRD's playstyle - it'll stay as it is now.

Edit:
Huh, they're considering changing Enochian from becoming shorter and shorter when refreshed to a full refresh, nice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
About BRD:

BRD's image was "a class that can attack while moving", which is useful during various fights where movement is required to deal with different boss attacks and gimmicks.

Minuet was basically put in to allow BRDs deal more damage when the above isn't required.

They made switching between stances etc. better in 3.01 and they're not planning to change BRD's playstyle - it'll stay as it is now.
Except the inherent problem is Bards have little to rely on when using the song like Machinist does when they do have to move. There is nothing wrong with Minuet itself, but what it's framed by is the problem.

chrono01

Nice, adjustments for Enochian. It'll be nice to actually use Thunder during the entire rotation [and not just the first application of Enochian], but if they don't extend the Astral Fire buff duration, I can't see myself using the GCD on anything but another Fire IV/Fire I to keep up Astral. :/

What really needed changing, at least in my opinion, was an Astral Fire/Umbral Ice duration increase [to maybe 12-13 seconds] and not an Enochian extension.

If they don't adjust Enochian by the end of year I'll eat my hat (I don't own any though, har har).

For the record, I like the current state of Enochian. I think the idea is great, it just needs tweaking to make it feel a little more fluid.
Thank you. I knew they would adjust it, lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I love that complaints about most classes boil down to "it got more difficult :("

That said, it's an mmo, everything will probably reworked ten times within the next few years, like WoW talents.

Wow, Dragoon buffs. lol

god help the poor people who play Dragoon who are too fucking dumb to hit the boss from a certain side, let's make it less punishing!

:lol

Hasney

I love that complaints about most classes boil down to "it got more difficult :("

That said, it's an mmo, everything will probably reworked ten times within the next few years, like WoW talents.

Exactly. I'll come back when it's reworked again somehow, or it might even be forgotten by 4.0 (although I'll be back before then cuz I need that STORY)

Wow, Dragoon buffs. lol

god help the poor people who play Dragoon who are too fucking dumb to hit the boss from a certain side, let's make it less punishing!

Ahahaha. It really is the canon class!

Sandfox

Well that Ninja comment was interesting lol

Wow, Dragoon buffs. lol

To be fair, the penalty is pretty crazy and in some situations it would be harder if not impossible to pull off in fights.

Arkeband

Banned
Wow, Dragoon buffs. lol

To be fair the positional requirements aren't even always possible.

I dunno if you play DRG but pulling off perfect rotations in HW is kind of a clusterfuck if anything significant occurs.

I dunno if he went into specifics but the reason the step 2 and 3 combo moves do 100 potency in TT/CT is because you're meant to use them in sequence, but you're allowed to use them improperly.

FaC and WT do 100 potency if you aren't on the proper side, but you aren't allowed to spam these abilities - they aren't even usable until after your third move.

They could easily make the fail state 150 potency to make it fall in line with the potency of the lowest attack in the chain. Right now you either do ~490 damage at i180 if you mess it up, or you do 2100+ damage if you get the positional right. That's HUGE for something that isn't always in your control.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That Moogle hate.
Yoshida apologised and promised to not make such quests again (hide and seek).

To be fair, the penalty is pretty crazy and in some situations it would be harder if not impossible to pull off in fights.

To be fair the positional requirements aren't even always possible.

I dunno if you play DRG but pulling off perfect rotations in HW is kind of a clusterfuck if anything significant occurs.

no, I play a MNK where every skill in my rotation requires me to hit a positional.

I have no sympathy for Dragoons who can't hit theirs. This is the one scenario where Yoshida's standard response of "get good" should apply.

God forbid Dragoon actually gets some complexity instead of /afk working through a rotation.

It's already the highest DPS class in the game because of the sheer buffs it got in HW. Now it's becoming easier to play?

Hasney

For the moogle question, he should have said get good, because forelands was way worse than the moogles ever were.

Nah, that was pretty simple once you found the 2 caves. Enjoyed the chocobo hunters arc.

Huh the broomstick quests weren't popular? I thought those were interesting.

I like them, but they're a little pointless when you can just Google them. I like that kind of idea for side quests though.

Top Bottom