• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sorian

Banned
Lol if I'm reading right out there. There's folks that ain't Alex nm nerfs? Why are people so bad

It seems like they more want a boost to how many drops there are as opposed to actual battle nerfs if I'm seeing everything right?

Well, it's nice for people who maybe weren't able to clear for the week. At least they get something?

Oh yeah, I completely agree. On a regular week though, it'll just mean if there's a group who can do it 7 or 7.5 man then a group of 7 can easily bring a bunch of people through whatever turns they are capable of pretty easily just to get them a token for the week. And, as Angary said, that's going to boost the carry market for better or worse.

Arkeband

Banned
You know what feature I'd like to see implemented?

/visor when drawing your weapon / entering combat.
tumblr_mg687bXUo81s21ob1o1_500.gif

/unvisor when sheathing your weapon / leaving combat.
tumblr_mkcczhwRVW1raa96go1_400.gif

Pancho

Qurupancho
My most wanted feauture is an option to turn off battle music and FATE music. That shit gets old so fast. Everytime an enemy decides to attack you the awesome Zone music gets interrupted. If they did it with mount music, why not this, too?

scy

Time to switch to master race Dragoon? Is that what this Live Letter said?

My MCH opener is hot garbage right now, though. There are somehow more buttons to hit than bard, the Wildfire timer giving a massive punishment for missing something, and then Rapid Fire messing with oGCD weaving for those GCDs.

everytime my last 3 hits after Wildfire explodes, I cry.

also, someday I'll enter a fight with ammo ready

Did he seriously give a "git gud" response for Mudra lag? I can't find anything in the QA talking about it. If he did he's fucking daft, you can't do anything to "git gud" when it comes to server lag. This is on top of the fact that Ninja has gotten nothing but nerfs since it came out, meanwhile the DF derp squad who jumped onto Dragoon because it's flavor of the month are now gonna make it easier while it still gets to be top DPS all because the common DF scrub (no offense to real DRG players) is too stupid to hit positionals.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Klyka

Banned
No one should ever stop playing Ninja.
Best class, best animations and my dude looks fucking amazing.
Need to take a pic when I am at home.

If you ain't spinnin', you ain't winnin'!

Arkeband

Banned
Did he seriously give a "git gud" response for Mudra lag? I can't find anything in the QA talking about it. If he did he's fucking daft, you can't do anything to "git gud" when it comes to server lag. This is on top of the fact that Ninja has gotten nothing but nerfs since it came out, meanwhile the DF derp squad who jumped onto Dragoon because it's flavor of the month are now gonna make it easier while it still gets to be top DPS all because the common DF scrub (no offense to real DRG players) is too stupid to hit positionals.

To a guy with Dragoon in his username -

I main DRG, in some fights the *random* 4th move in your combos simply can't be pulled off, most often the 'rear' one. You don't have access to Bismarck's core's rear. Alexander 4F's legs are treated as flanks.

For our optimal rotation to take a nosedive by forcing us to use a 100 potency move (50 potency weaker than True Thrust and 80 potency weaker than Impulse Drive), you're now in a position where ignoring the moves entirely is actually a DPS increase, because even with 30% stronger jumps, just the overall potency of 150+200+360+150... is better than 150+200+360+100...

Bad DRG's will still be bad, juggling Heavy Thrust + Phleb + Chaos + BotD is still fairly challenging, especially during any fight with mechanics.

suzu

lmao at that Roegadyn in the background.

Q47. For someone that loves FINAL FANTASY Tactics, I just can’t get enough of the Valerian equipment. Will you be adding more designs from other FFT classes?

A47. If there are enough requests we’d like to do this by fitting them in with the lore.

This should say Tactics Ogre, not FFT. D:

Yeah, MCH is all about managing WF burst. My initial WF did about 5.7k on a dummy but I think it can be higher. However, the 2nd and 3rd WF is more complicate to manage.

Also I did my own experiment. Despite 30% buff, Split/Slug shot + AA still do more damage than Split/Slug + GB. Clean Shot does about the same for both cases. This is in line with calculation on SE forum. So in theory you do more damage if you do stance dancing.

So ideally, you want to equip GB when
- Burst WF
- Apply Lead Shot
- Gauss Round/Ricochet are ready

This is very complicate in a real practice to gain small dps increase so most players just stick with GB on all the time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That's the way chrono presented it, blame him!
Yeah, I'm guilty of this as well.
I rechecked that part and Yoshi-p is saying about reusing the skill, but since it's such a non-issue for me personally, I thought he means all means of refreshing the buff (both skill and Blizz IV).
Mea culpa.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, I'm guilty of this as well.
I rechecked that part and Yoshi-p is saying about reusing the skill, but since it's such a non-issue for me personally, I thought he means all means of refreshing the buff (both skill and Blizz IV).
Mea culpa.

I understand the confusion. They are "fixing" such a non-issue that I don't think it was even worth mention. Yoship plays BLM, he's probably one of those baddies that keeps clicking enochian right off of CD.

I main DRG, in some fights the *random* 4th move in your combos simply can't be pulled off, most often the 'rear' one. You don't have access to Bismarck's core's rear. Alexander 4F's legs are treated as flanks.

Not calling you a liar...but I don't think either of these are true. Reasoning: I can hit a full power Aeolian Edge (rear positional) on both of these. I can also Trick Attack them both which is also a rear positional. They both to me appear to be the mob types where positionals do not matter, such as the meteor calling robot things in the final boss of Syrcus Tower.

Tabris

Man those questions from the Q&A are awful.

They ask about number of macro lines but not about the issues that prevent everyone from using macros in the first place for anything but crafting, some misc cooldowns, and hunt callouts.

Sorian

Banned
Man those questions from the Q&A are awful.

They ask about number of macro lines but not about the issues that prevent everyone from using macros in the first place for anything but crafting, some misc cooldowns, and hunt callouts.

I don't want them to "fix" that. I want people to play based on skill not based on a macro they copy and pasted from reddit. I did that in Rift, yeah it lead to max dps but it was just boring.

You jelly?
I actually like those swim trunks.

That shirt though, lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yoshi-P, I like you man but seriously consider your answers for a world wide audience.

Yoshi-P was at one of the North American events (I believe the Fanfest) and was playing on our servers. His first response was "Why is there all this lag". Someone replied to him "That's normal". His response was shock and "We need to fix this".

Simply put Japanese players have an advantage compared to the rest of the world. If the groups I've been in didn't have lag issues and people being dropped I can't imagine the amount of time that would have been saved.

Then he got back to his office, took a look at North America and realized

a) It's fucking huge.
b) The country's internet infrastructure fucking sucks.

Then laughed and went back to playing NIN on his native servers.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't want them to "fix" that. I want people to play based on skill not based on a macro they copy and pasted from reddit. I did that in Rift, yeah it lead to max dps but it was just boring.

That shirt though, lol

The shirt is whatever. I like the female one this time too. Very nice!

Klyka

Banned
Not calling you a liar...but I don't think either of these are true. Reasoning: I can hit a full power Aeolian Edge (rear positional) on both of these. I can also Trick Attack them both which is also a rear positional. They both to me appear to be the mob types where positionals do not matter, such as the meteor calling robot things in the final boss of Syrcus Tower.

Yep,I can also trick attack/aeolian edge/etc... those things without needing to position myself.

Wilsongt

Reading through the live letter... LOTS of bitching about jobs.... Wtf people. Learn to adjust. Also, YoshiP realizes we all hate Moogles now.

Also, I would love an extreme version of the final story line trial. Yoshipls

Omg dhamel mount yes

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Then he got back to his office, took a look at North America and realized

a) It's fucking huge.
b) The country's internet infrastructure fucking sucks.

Then laughed and went back to playing NIN on his native servers.

Let's put the server data center in the north! Problem with that is that even people in Canada near the servers have shitty latency. Then you have the fact that the data center all the way in Montreal serves currently all of the Americas and Europe.

Meanwhile Japan has I believe three seperate data centers throughout Japan. Three! For that tiny island country.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Reading through the live letter... LOTS of bitching about jobs.... Wtf people. Learn to adjust. Also, YoshiP realizes we all hate Moogles now.

Omg dhamel mount yes

Adjusting is fine, sure... but when your job is now broken? Sorry but I can't defend that anymore.

Klyka

Banned
Let's put the server data center in the north! Problem with that is that even people in Canada near the servers have shitty latency. Then you have the fact that the data center all the way in Montreal serves currently all of the Americas and Europe.

Meanwhile Japan has I believe three seperate data centers throughout Japan. Three! For that tiny island country.

Please be excited

iammeiam

The amount of time where you're not going to have any oGCD damage stuff up on MCH combined with no higher-damage hits, no ammo, no need to reapply Lead Shot... I really think the most recent round of adjustments made it where you have to work to justify stance dancing most of the time. Both Minuet and GB changes were designed to appease stance dancers while emphasizing damage gains for not doing it.

Omg dhamel mount yes

I adjusted by switching jobs.

I don't really think that's what they were going for.

scy

Also I did my own experiment. Despite 30% buff, Split/Slug shot + AA still do more damage than Split/Slug + GB. Clean Shot does about the same for both cases. This is in line with calculation on SE forum. So in theory you do more damage if you do stance dancing.

Auto-attack timer doesn't sync perfectly enough, however, and there's concerns about how autos will scale long-term with the changes.

Basically, this seems more like a product of circumstance rather than always being true going forward.

Wilsongt

Adjusting is fine, sure... but when your job is now broken? Sorry but I can't defend that anymore.

Which jobs are broken? I've only been on my SMN Ahk Morning things and have only played my bard a bit. Which, I don't agree with the fact they took out the Wide volley-rain of death combo and the proc sharing.

Kintaro

Their non JP Data Center placement makes no sense either. It's the FFXI situation all over again.

iammeiam

Which jobs are broken? I've only been on my SMN Ahk Morning things and have only played my bard a bit. Which, I don't agree with the fact they took out the Wide volley-rain of death combo and the proc sharing.

The Wide Volley/RoD change is like... the only 100% good thing they did to bard.

Arkeband

Banned

Even if this is true (you're probably right) then the examples I gave are just bad - there are plenty of mobs that don't let you attack from the back or side, Demon Wall and Demon Book, for starters. They exist.

Sorian

Banned
Even if this is true (you're probablt right) then the examples I gave are just bad - there are plenty of mobs that don't let you attack from the back or side, Demon Wall and Demon Book, for starters. They exist.

All of those type of mobs are specifically designed where positionals do not matter. Demon wall might be the only exception because it's content from the original release but I get the feeling it would have been fixed awhile ago if that was the case. I believe the target indicator gets rid of the front facing arrow if positional requirements are not needed for the mob (though that could be wrong, I don't play these classes much so it's not often I check this).

Kintaro

Sad to see no questions about their DX11 engine was brought it. It's pretty bad. Something is hard crashes my GPUs. Sometimes, the game decided to lock itself to exactly 18 FPS, which is shit. The growing amount of people with issues with it grow every day.

Back to DX9 I guess.

kuroshiki

Sad to see no questions about their DX11 engine was brought it. It's pretty bad. Something is hard crashes my GPUs. Sometimes, the game decided to lock itself to exactly 18 FPS, which is shit. The growing amount of people with issues with it grow every day.

Back to DX9 I guess.

Join our superior PS4 race, brother.

Even if this is true (you're probably right) then the examples I gave are just bad - there are plenty of mobs that don't let you attack from the back or side, Demon Wall and Demon Book, for starters. They exist.

I understand that they exist (mainly in ARR content as the non-positional mobs were added in later ARR patches due to feedback from players). But the thing is, when they do happen the screw everyone that has positionals, not just Dragoon. Monks can't do any of their full damage weaponskills from the front. Ninjas can't do full damage Armor Crush or Aeolian Edge and more importantly can't apply the debuff from Trick Attack without being able to go behind the enemy, which is huge for the whole party.

Changing Dragoon's fourth hit positional seems like more of a knee jerk reaction. My brother mains Dragoon and has no trouble with the fourth hit combos, and I know several other Dragoon players in the free company who don't have trouble either.

WolvenOne

Honestly, I'm further from the servers than a lot of people here, (not the overseas people obviously,) and while I occasionally get a little lag most of the time my connection seems pretty stable.

I think it has less to do with distance, and more to do with which hubs your ISP is routing you through.

That, and server side congestion is real.

Honestly, I'm further from the servers than a lot of people here, (not the overseas people obviously,) and while I occasionally get a little lag most of the time my connection seems pretty stable.

I think it has less to do with distance, and more to do with which hubs your ISP is routing you through.

That, and server side congestion is real.

When the EU server is up, will all the NA people see a noticeable benefit you think?

All of those type of mobs are specifically designed where positionals do not matter. Demon wall might be the only exception because it's content from the original release but I get the feeling it would have been fixed awhile ago if that was the case. I believe the target indicator gets rid of the front facing arrow if positional requirements are not needed for the mob (though that could be wrong, I don't play these classes much so it's not often I check this).

I think you're right. I seem to remember all my positionals hit for full potency on Demon Book, at least. Pretty sure the same thing happens on Bismarck's core.

I made a new character and I'm waiting for Cerberus to open up so that I can join some friends. Can I quit the game and try again later, without losing my character?

Sorian

Banned
i hate how old world mounts became worthless. nothing lasts in this game.

minions are the new endgame.

I'd be highly surprised if every single mount doesn't become a flyer in a future patch. Air bladders or some non-sense. I just got the draught chocobo yesterday and, while I'm not surprised, seems like an odd thing not to make fly. I assume the wedding chocobos aren't flying either. I feel like 2 seater flying mounts need to happen.

I made a new character and I'm waiting for Cerberus to open up so that I can join some friends. Can I quit the game and try again later, without losing my character?

There should be something that says save character appearance data. Click that and name the appearance. When you go to make a new character later at any time, it will ask if you want to load data, say yes and select it from the list.

Top Bottom