• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Ferr986

Fuck, I was gonna say fuck it and resub but I got into the Mogstation and neither there and the Lodestone show my old character. Where in the fuck is she? :_(

Arkeband

Banned
Looks like the Soldiery gear models make a return as i150 gear. Some of the marketboard gear is stuff from the last patch.

Between this and no 50-60 hunting logs, I think we're starting to see the shortcuts the dev team made to put this out on such a tight schedule...

Tash

I am such a derp - I got all aether currents in coerthas highlands on my own and was thinking..man this is really annoying as hell..totally forgot about the compass -.-

Ruruja

Alphinaud's new voice makes me sad. I mean, it's a fine voice, but I was fond of Sam Riegel's performance.

Possible spoiler of a character a little further in

he's not as bad as Cid the cockneyyyyyy, wonder why all the new VA seem to be Londoners

Moaradin

Alphinaud's new voice makes me sad. I mean, it's a fine voice, but I was fond of Sam Riegel's performance.

That's too bad. They got Sam Riegel for all the patches but not the expansion? D:

He was one of the better voices in this game. I hope Richard Epcar is still Ilberd

AgeEighty

Possible spoiler of a character a little further in

he's not as bad as Cid the cockneyyyyyy, wonder why all the new VA seem to be Londoners

Cid the cockney, Merlwyb the cockney, AND Ilberd the cockney.

Might be easier to list who hasn't changed VAs since 2.55. I think only Hauchefort and Aymeric so far?

Arkeband

Banned
Japanese voices have more interesting animation work in the cutscenes, otherwise maybe I'd share in this disappointment.

Kouriozan

Missed that part, looks like the new raf reward will only be available after July 2015.

TrzcZB3.png

And I also have to wait for the early access to end for my griffin, I want it now!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Between this and no 50-60 hunting logs, I think we're starting to see the shortcuts the dev team made to put this out on such a tight schedule...

Seems like most of the marketboard gear is reused.

nikos

Get booted from Gilgamesh, check Mr. Happy's stream, witness him log back in with no problem, continue getting errors over the next 10 minutes as he receives $40 in donations for playing a game, realize you should probably do something else with your time. -____-

Astra

Get booted from Gilgamesh, check Mr. Happy's stream, witness him log back in with no problem, continue getting errors over the next 10 minutes as he receives $40 in donations for playing a game, realize you should probably do something else with your time. -____-

I'm sitting in a queue of 245 for Gilgamesh :(

Tomat

That streamer privilege. You should try getting in on that.

nikos

I'm sitting in a queue of 245 for Gilgamesh :(

I've given up for now. I can't imagine it getting better since everybody's getting home from school and work.

That streamer privilege. You should try getting in on that.

You know, I actually said "streamer privilege" to myself when I saw him log right back in. Wonder if it's even possible. I wouldn't doubt it.

I'm trying to get on that but it's hard to build a following these days. I started gaining one in 2009 with Street Fighter IV but haven't really streamed since. Streaming has really blown up since then.

What I'm trying to do is stream and forward a portion of donations to charity, sort of like Gaming for Good. We'll see if it ends up working out. Just need to put a lot of work in.

Anyway, HW is fun so far! Almost level 52. Might have to take a break until Monday though. Busy weekend. :(

Wow, I started playing a new character on the Ultros server like 3 weeks ago. I was under the impression that I was playing maybe 4 days a week and putting in maybe an hour or two a night. I also haven't played at all this past week.

Just checked my playtime, I have 1 day 4 hours played.Totally did not expect more than 12 hours tops. o_o

BTW, on the GAF free company application, it has text fields for Character and Character Name. What's the difference?

Arkeband

Banned
Tight schedule? I thought they started working on this at the same time 2.0 launched.

Maybe concept art, or basic outline. Whenever an MMO company says they're working X patches or an expansion ahead of time, take that with a grain of salt, it's mostly PR bullshit.

Everyone was pretty surprised with the release date when it was announced. WoW takes an ungodly amount of time between their final patch and subsequent expansion, so that's the status quo.

Then they buckled down and said they want an aggressive release cycle with a patch every year, as opposed to the year-and-10 months between ARR and HW. As a software dev that made me as uneasy as the PR claim that HW was 'as big as 2.0 at launch', which with open-world type games is about the most contextless boast you can make.

Tomat

Curious to see who has the most /playtime on GAF.

Mine is 76 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes.

Primus

So what are the requirements for getting access to the Heavensward content, exactly?

Level 50
Finish all of the original ARR storyline content (ending with the fight with Ultima Weapon)
Finish all of the post-ARR storyline content (ending with the Steps of Faith and the three hours of cutscenes that follow)

Doing the Steps of Faith requires you to be at least ilvl 90, which is trivial now if you have a friend who is already in Ishgard, as they can buy you ilvl 115 white gear off of vendors.

K.Sabot

Random tangent but is anyone starting to think that boss room lockouts are dampening the potential of boss designs? There's only so many bosses I can stomach being in a giant circle arena before it starts rubbing me wrong. I want more ambitious boss designs.

Maybe concept art, or basic outline. Whenever an MMO company says they're working X patches or an expansion ahead of time, take that with a grain of salt, it's mostly PR bullshit.

Everyone was pretty surprised with the release date when it was announced. WoW takes an ungodly amount of time between their final patch and subsequent expansion, so that's the status quo.

Then they buckled down and said they want an aggressive release cycle with a patch every year, as opposed to the year-and-10 months between ARR and HW. As a software dev that made me as uneasy as the PR claim that HW was 'as big as 2.0 at launch', which with open-world type games is about the most contextless boast you can make.
How is that a contextless boast? 3.0 has roughly the same amount of story, dungeons, raids, and explorable area, as 2.0 did at launch - that's what they were talking about. It's a clear, accurate statement.

And just because WoW does a poor job of linking old content to new, doesn't mean everyone else will - that would really suck if there was a huge delay between a patch that setup an expansion, and the expansion itself. Even this small delay made my static party have little to do. And I'm a software dev too, I don't see what the problem is with coming out with an expansion every year - there are franchises that get a new game every year, this is just an expansion. Just don't expect each expansion to be as large as this one.

There is no evidence that Square had a tight schedule to put this expansion together.

chrono01

So I'm finally going to get a chance to play my Early Access tonight. I tried earlier this morning when the servers first came up, but I couldn't get past the lobby. :/

For those playing, how have things been? Constant disconnects, lag, etc.?

Aselith

I played from just after launch to about 8am today EST so about 3 hours with no difficulties at all. When I first logged in there were 11 on queue and I got in about 2 minutes after queueing.

Zareka

What's with all the recasting going on in the English dub? I've only heard Alphinaud enough to know he's been changed, but it sounds like they changed
Cid's
and I'm reading all of the city leaders have been recast too. What happened?

HooYaH

So I'm finally going to get a chance to play my Early Access tonight. I tried earlier this morning when the servers first came up, but I couldn't get past the lobby. :/

I do notice some lag in the game when I was finishing up my quests leading up to the expansion.

Tomat

Seems fine to me so far. Couple disconnects but far, far more stable than what I was expecting.

chrono01

I do notice some lag in the game when I was finishing up my quests leading up to the expansion.
Lag I can deal with, as long as there are no disconnects. Well, unless the lag is game-breaking.

Seems fine to me so far. Couple disconnects but far, far more stable than what I was expecting.
Thanks man, hopefully things remain stable by the time I log on. Have fun in there!

Man

Wait... how do I suscribe to FF14 (was banking on a free month like every other MMO but...) ?

When I launch the game on PS4 it tells me to close the game and check the Mog Station.
Mog Station sais it cannot activate the PS4 version as it has to be done through PSN.
I check the PS Store for subscription options etc but I don't see anything there.

Top Bottom