• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Xux

You're missing two story dungeons and actually three more hard level dungeons, I'm not sure why the list is showing only 3 missing.
I believe that, if they're not on the list, they've already done them.

They'd have to have done the story dungeons if they have Heavensward content unlocked.

Kenai

Oh I didn't understand the question. The ???s should be Wanderer's Palace Hard, Lost City of Amdapor (sp?) and uh....maybe AK Hard?

Kitoro

Question: Is farming The Atherochemical Research Facility about as efficient as a High/Expert Level Roulette run?

I ask because I have neither of those anywhere near unlocked at the moment, and was wondering if I truly would be better served to unlock those, or just farm said Research Facility instead.

Thank you!

Giving a best man speech in front of audience = harder than anything I've done in FF XIV. And it was babby mode too since it was only during the rehearsal dinner and not the reception. Got the clear though...but next time pls send help. So nerve racking. Can't wait to be back Sunday to play with you all again GAF, miss you.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
What exactly do I need to do to unlock the high level roulette ?
K0T23NZ.jpg
You are missing The Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard), The Wanderer's Palace (Hard) and Amdapor Keep (Hard).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Giving a best man speech in front of audience = harder than anything I've done in FF XIV. And it was babby mode too since it was only during the rehearsal dinner and not the reception. Got the clear though...but next time pls send help. So nerve racking. Can't wait to be back Sunday to play with you all again GAF, miss you.

Give me pointers plox

Kitoro

Totally thought you were talking about an in-game wedding for the first line, hahaha.

already hate the alex turn with the trashtrain. running around picking adds up while dps and sometimes healers blame you and the other tank for every misstep. meanwhile, large spiders are piling up because dps is so low. always hated dungeons or raids with trashtrains. so tedious and boring,

anyway, somehow managed to knock off the last 3 drops. i don't feel this stuff is too hard, it can get rather toxic though. met one asshole group, other had 1-2 idiots, but most were fine. can't say i'm a fan of this loot system. i know i was lucky. next week could be hell.

Alex

This is a wonderful expansion so far, has exceeded my expectations by a large amount and the additions to the game from 2.5 and heading into 3.1 has done and will do a lot for the general welfare of the end game.

The music surprises me a lot, too, I really did not care for a lot of Soken's work in most of Realm Reborn but I really enjoy all of the music in Heavensward. I think it's a little more... Uematsu-esque, sounds more like Final Fantasy to me I guess.

fedexpeon

Banned
Question: Is farming The Atherochemical Research Facility about as efficient as a High/Expert Level Roulette run?

I ask because I have neither of those anywhere near unlocked at the moment, and was wondering if I truly would be better served to unlock those, or just farm said Research Facility instead.

Thank you!

Do quests, trial roulette, and spam library to hit 60 first.
Just do the Expert/Trial, and spam Neverreap for Law later on when you hit 60.
No point in doing the lvl 50 high roulette from what I can tell even with the bonus experience.
Maybe I am wrong, but the 51+ instances give great exp, in the 200k+ in early level, with food buff which is more so than the 20k roulette.

Squishy3

atherochemical research facility is probably my least favorite dungeon in the game

it has the exact opposite problem of neverreap, everything up until the final boss is terrible

rubius01

Take some of this

being nervous will be the least of your problems

Valor

As a bit of advice that will probably come way too late to be of use: keep it short and sweet, people will remember it more and no one really cares what you have to say anyway. It'll be fineeeee

Squishy3

i was trying to parse that and then realized it was copperbell hard and i was trying to read it it as if it was copperbell normal

makes a lot more sense that way

Hey guys, sorry it's a little off topic but I'm losing my mind.

Just bought realm reborn and I'm trying to log in, first it locked my account as I must have got my passwords wrong, I followed the links the unlock and then set up new passwords, website says password has been changed, but then when I try and log in it says invalid password. I have tried to reset three times now, all resets successful, but still can't log in, is this an issue people have came across?

Aselith

Hey guys, sorry it's a little off topic but I'm losing my mind.

Just bought realm reborn and I'm trying to log in, first it locked my account as I must have got my passwords wrong, I followed the links the unlock and then set up new passwords, website says password has been changed, but then when I try and log in it says invalid password. I have tried to reset three times now, all resets successful, but still can't log in, is this an issue people have came across?

Are you maybe entering something in the one time password field?

suzu

When do servers that are closed for new characters open up?

Or, how easy it is to transfer to that server after creating character on another server?

Usually really late night or early morning. Like try creating a character now, or in a hour or two.

Easy. It costs like $18(?) though.

already hate the alex turn with the trashtrain. running around picking adds up while dps and sometimes healers blame you and the other tank for every misstep. meanwhile, large spiders are piling up because dps is so low. always hated dungeons or raids with trashtrains. so tedious and boring,

anyway, somehow managed to knock off the last 3 drops. i don't feel this stuff is too hard, it can get rather toxic though. met one asshole group, other had 1-2 idiots, but most were fine. can't say i'm a fan of this loot system. i know i was lucky. next week could be hell.

Yeah, if DPS aren't crashing mobs in Alex two in seconds, they're ass

Our tanks turned off their defensive stances

fedexpeon

Banned

I hear you. I got all 4 loots within 6-7 runs due to luck, and never went back again because of the toxicity of the playerbase. Probably worse than DOTA feeders.
I was in a run when a warrior died in A3 because he couldn't handle the final hand phase damage.
So I took over for both hands and tanked the boss in the final phase to 10-12 stacks because the warrior didn't want to rez back to taunt because he blamed the healers for his death and complained for the rest of the fight. I just smh and told him I am a paladin, I got CD rotation so he can stay dead and stfu instead of spamming party chat because we won't wipe because of him.
We killed the boss, but 1/2 of the party died because healers were focusing on me.

But seriously, people get so touchy in the game.
Dying isn't like other game where the repair bill is crazy expensive, you can die 10+ times in FF14 and you wouldn't even feel the pain of repairing.
But this Warr cared so much that he wanted to throw the boss fight at the last 30% because he died earlier...

Zomba13

Is there a particular server that Eurogaf are using?

Like Reknoc said Ultros has a fair amount of Eurogaf on it. Partly because right now it doesn't make a difference with lag as all NA and EU servers are at the same place in Canada and partly because the biggest GAF presence is on Ultros so there are almost always people on no matter the time.

Like Reknoc said Ultros has a fair amount of Eurogaf on it. Partly because right now it doesn't make a difference with lag as all NA and EU servers are at the same place in Canada and partly because the biggest GAF presence is on Ultros so there are almost always people on no matter the time.

The EU datacenter will be up supposedly by patch 3.1 or so Yoshi hopes. At that point any Euro players on Ultros will face a hard decision to stay in laggy NA or transfer servers to a EU server actually in the EU.

Unless Squenx decides to put the EU servers in Greece.

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but I don't think the info is in the OP, soooo I'll try to keep it short:

Bought the 'complete experience' on PS4. Comes with 30 day free trial. Already have the game on pc (not the Steam-version), haven't played that in a while but have a lv 30 character still on a square enix online account from that time.

Can I still take advantage of the free trial and just be on my merry way on my 'old' account with my character still on it, or is it best to start fresh? What are the steps here?

Thanks!

Ken

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but I don't think the info is in the OP, soooo I'll try to keep it short:

Bought the 'complete experience' on PS4. Comes with 30 day free trial. Already have the game on pc (not the Steam-version), haven't played that in a while but have a lv 30 character still on a square enix online account from that time.

Can I still take advantage of the free trial and just be on my merry way on my 'old' account with my character still on it, or is it best to start fresh? What are the steps here?

Thanks!

Registering your PS4 copy to your existing account should give you the 30 days.

Registering your PS4 copy to your existing account should give you the 30 days.

Thanks, it worked!

I might have to start a new character again, anyway. Mostly because my old character is on Cerberus and not on Ultros. Also because I have no idea what that character was even doing/aiming for :p

DarkKyo

Does anyone know which bosses drop Valerian Terror Knight's Plate Mail? I'm interested in obtaining it for glamour purposes.

Valor

Does anyone know which bosses drop Valerian Terror Knight's Plate Mail? I'm interested in obtaining it for glamour purposes.

I think stuff just drops randomly in any of the gear-based loot chests.

Yeah, what Dark said. Neverreap and Fractal both have the same loot tables and you can get different pieces of gear all over the place. Be sure you loot every chest to get the most opportunities of finding gear.

Top Bottom