• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What exactly do I need to do to unlock the high level roulette ?
K0T23NZ.jpg

Weird, I had filled out the 'Hard' mode versions of the missing dungeons on your list by playing through the 2.x storyline naturally over the last few weeks to get into HW proper.

Did you complete the storyline quests leading up to the expansion? At level 59, I assume you have, but it is really strange you could somehow breeze past not experiencing those missing dungeons during progression.

K0T23NZ.jpg

I had the same "problem" (I rushed the lvl 50 just before the expansion). You'll have to finish all these dungeons to unlock the roulette, and the "???" means that you probably have some quests where you have to go right next to the dungeon to discover it.

K0T23NZ.jpg
This happened to me when I took a break from the game and came back. A bunch of dungeons I had done before that it said I hadn't done were under that including relic quest stuff.

In the case of the relic related stuff I merely had to go to the spot where the instance was and activate it again, I didn't actually have to do the trial.

Hey guys, just got back in the swing of things. Never hit cap (50) back in vanilla but some friends pressured me back in, and I've definitely been having a bit more fun this go around. I'm sitting around level 42 DRG (up from 32 when I reupped) and I'm kind of hitting a drag in that levels are definitely coming in slower, which is to be expected. Any tips to make it as painless as possible. The story mode is definitely fun and I'm enjoying it regardless.

Also I'm a bit confused as to whether I should stop at 50 to do my relic stuff that I've heard about or should I shoot straght for 60. Will I miss out on anything? I'd love to also go back and experience missed end game stuff. I know Alex is the new hotness but how often do people still do like Bah/Ifrit/Shiva/TitanEX or that stuff?

suzu

Make sure you do your daily low level duty roulette. It gives a huge bonus chunk of exp. Also you can do hunting log, challenge log, guildleves, fates.

Continue doing the MSQ (main story quests) and job quests. Skip relic weapon and just go for lv60. It's not useful anymore except for glamour purposes.

WolvenOne

Hey guys, just got back in the swing of things. Never hit cap (50) back in vanilla but some friends pressured me back in, and I've definitely been having a bit more fun this go around. I'm sitting around level 42 DRG (up from 32 when I reupped) and I'm kind of hitting a drag in that levels are definitely coming in slower, which is to be expected. Any tips to make it as painless as possible. The story mode is definitely fun and I'm enjoying it regardless.

Also I'm a bit confused as to whether I should stop at 50 to do my relic stuff that I've heard about or should I shoot straght for 60. Will I miss out on anything? I'd love to also go back and experience missed end game stuff. I know Alex is the new hotness but how often do people still do like Bah/Ifrit/Shiva/TitanEX or that stuff?

Use cheap food for the 3% Exp boost. If you can, queue with a tank or healer friend for faster queues. Remember to do your daily lowbie roulette. If you have any incomplete Guildhests,they'll give you a nice chunk of Exp.

And, yeah people go back to old content from time to time.

Adaren

Why does completing a Levequest and getting "Duty Completed" prevent you from doing anything for, like, 6 seconds? >< Just killed me.

I want to like this game, but some of the basic QOL/clarity/control issues like this are really aggravating.

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll just need a bit of luck to get it then, as the loot pool seems pretty big.

I have almost the full tank set(missing the helm and necklace) just from greeding on it, you get a lot more drops in the heavenswards dungeons than the old ones, as long as you hit every chests(and people always get them). Do need to run the dungeons a bunch of times though.

Make sure you do your daily low level duty roulette. It gives a huge bonus chunk of exp. Also you can do hunting log, challenge log, guildleves, fates.

Continue doing the MSQ (main story quests) and job quests. Skip relic weapon and just go for lv60. It's not useful anymore except for glamour purposes.

So they have no plans of extending it up to current ilvl? I guess I'll focus on hitting 60, getting to current content, and go back and grind through possibly easier so with the higher level.

I'm still a level 25 archer. What's a good sub class with it? Can I just use one based on preference or is it expected of you to choose bard when in parties?

I'm still a level 25 archer. What's a good sub class with it? Can I just use one based on preference or is it expected of you to choose bard when in parties?

You'll need Pugilist at 15 to become a bard at 30. You'll also want Lancer for Blood for Blood and Invigorate. That's it, once you become a job, you can only pull your cross class from 2 predefined classes(in this case PUG/LNC for Bard) so the rest becomes useless. I'd recommend getting Pug to 15 as it gives a bunch of fairly decent skills for general leveling(Second Wind to heal a bit, Internal Release for damage, Featherfoot for a bit of survivability while lvling), as for Lancer is a lot of work to get it to a level where you can get good skills so you might want to wait until later.

suzu

So they have no plans of extending it up to current ilvl? I guess I'll focus on hitting 60, getting to current content, and go back and grind through possibly easier so with the higher level.

I think they've said that they were going to add a new relic weapon quest. Either way, you should ignore it until you hit 60. lol

Soma

So as a fresh 60 DRG should I first use my Law tomestones for the weapon or focus on body gear?

Or accessories first since I still have a bunch of rings and stuff in the i130ish range.

So the grind to level in this game is real. I've hit 23 on gladiator and 15 on conjurer over the past four evenings. I can tell the road to 60 will take a long time unless there's a change to the experience curve.

I'm about four levels above the main quest requirement since I spammed several dungeons along the way. My big issue now is I'm struggling to decide if I prefer tanking or healing. I've done a lot of both in the past playing other games, and each is fun so far in game. Healing and tanking this early content is really straight forward, so I'll probably have to wait and see how it morphs later.

Is our FC short on either role? I'm getting instant queues either way so that's not a factor for leveling.

Do you guys suggest saving side quests for later alt leveling, or does that matter?

How do the attribute points work?

Do I get them every level? I got 3 at level 10 but none for level 11?

It's every now and then, honestly I don't really know, but it's not every level. It's like 30 at lvl 50 and 35 at lvl 60 or something like that. Just check every now and then and put points into stuff, no big deal if you forget. I forgot about them until like 52 on my AST.

Stuart444

It's every now and then, honestly I don't really know, but it's not every level. It's like 30 at lvl 50 and 35 at lvl 60 or something like that. Just check every now and then and put points into stuff, no big deal if you forget. I forgot about them until like 52 on my AST.

It also tells you in the chat when you get new attribute points so keep an eye there each time you level up :)

If I could get the full LUCT Wizard set I'd actually play BLM more. Shit never drops for me though, neither does Terror Knight. It's like the game doesn't want me to be happy. :(

Klyka

Banned
So the grind to level in this game is real. I've hit 23 on gladiator and 15 on conjurer over the past four evenings. I can tell the road to 60 will take a long time unless there's a change to the experience curve.

I'm about four levels above the main quest requirement since I spammed several dungeons along the way. My big issue now is I'm struggling to decide if I prefer tanking or healing. I've done a lot of both in the past playing other games, and each is fun so far in game. Healing and tanking this early content is really straight forward, so I'll probably have to wait and see how it morphs later.

Is our FC short on either role? I'm getting instant queues either way so that's not a factor for leveling.

Do you guys suggest saving side quests for later alt leveling, or does that matter?

What you want to do is the following:

A) leave sidequests.
B) always do your daily roulettes/hunting log
C) Just do the main story until you are actually too low level to continue it *

* if you are too low, do sidequests/dungeons/FATEs in the appropriate level zone and then continue the MSQ

This is how I have done it and it never steered me wrong.
I also have tons of sidequests left over for alt leveling.

Stuart444

Unlocked Bismark EX today and was disappointed that it's not in PF. Has SE said when/if it will be added into PF?

I assume you mean DF in which case it won't be added til new EX primals are added based on 2.x stuff. The newest EX primals always needs pre-made parties for them.

If you actually mean PF then none of the HW stuff is in PF (I think?) so you just need to put in comments what you're doing for people.

barrin87

Yes sorry, duty finder. That's disappointing that it won't be in for a while. I'll need to try seeing if my FC is looking for an extra DPS.

Unlocked Bismark EX today and was disappointed that it's not in DF. Has SE said when/if it will be added into DF?

probably the last patch before 3.1.

when someone brings this up people always say "it's always been like that." but the truth is they let garuda, ifrit, and titan extreme into df DAY ONE of patch 2.1

i really wish they'd just open up ravana and bismark for df simply because of the 'hop in, hop out' nature. the thing that annoys me when using pf for new extreme content is when you join a learning party that fills up to 8/8 after 2 hours(gotta wait for those other learning parties to fill up amirite) and someone abrubtly rage quits after 10 minutes, causing a chain reaction.

i know df is filled with terrible players but i've gotten moogle, ramuh, and shiva cleared in duty finder. though it's probably because the majority of the community was still getting their ass whooped by Titan.

can confirm that after a week of running it with my static to get everyone their gear I am already sick of Alexander

please please please please please please please let the Savage fights be completely different. I can't take farming this and progressing through a Savage version of it

Top Bottom