• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

I pre-ordered my HW through PSN... downloaded both files... now when I go to start the new content, it says the game isn't installed and registered? What the hell? In my Settings > PSN/Account Management > Account Information > Services List... it shows FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and in that, it shows "Heavensward: Early Access" and "Heavensward: Playing Entitlement" and they've both got "1 remaining."

I have no clue what to do to make the game realize I've preordered and downloaded from PSN. Any help people?

Dunan

So I thought I had downloaded all the content and just finished paying for a month of play only to find that only after you activate your subscription can you get the final giant patch.

Download is scheduled to take several hours, and it will be past midnight PT when I can play again. I feel like I was scammed out of 1/30 of my subscription.

I'm starting to think I won't get be getting my physical CE on Tuesday. Still haven't gotten an email saying my order is being shipped. Order has long been validated and I paid for overnight. I better fucking get my game on Tuesday

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm starting to think I won't get be getting my physical CE on Tuesday. Still haven't gotten an email saying my order is being shipped. Order has long been validated and I paid for overnight. I better fucking get my game on Tuesday
Early acesss last until the 27th

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Somebody put gaf in my Ravana.

That fight though, good lord. So good. Extreme version is gonna be so fun.

_woLf

Is there a gallery of good shots comparing DX11 vs DX9 anywhere?

Further, are there any performance enhancements on DX11? It's a 64-bit client right? So it should be able to use more RAM?

Stacey

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuuck

Haven't been able to connect to my data center in 3 hours.

What's worse is I have to sign in all over again. Urgh

Man

If you buy the Heavensward bundle (including FF14 Reborn) you won't be able to play the original Reborn content before Heavensward itself launches this Monday...

...found out the hard way (as the EU PS Store doesn't give this warning).

LtOrange

So it sounds like I'm going to be running into a lot of log in issues when I get off work. Definitely stopping at the store to pick up some beer.

Blitzhex

Is there a gallery of good shots comparing DX11 vs DX9 anywhere?

Further, are there any performance enhancements on DX11? It's a 64-bit client right? So it should be able to use more RAM?

My dx11 client uses around 860mb ram, similar to the dx9 client, which used around 660mb. So far I get more fps/less dips in crowded areas with the dx11 client, haven't noticed any other fps increases.

_woLf

My dx11 client uses around 860mb ram, similar to the dx9 client, which used around 660mb. So far I get more fps/less dips in crowded areas with the dx11 client, haven't noticed any other fps increases.

Bah, not as much of a ram increase as I was hoping. I want maps to load faster! Are the graphics noticeably better?

Ceebs

Well it is going to take me forever to finish the damn pre-expansion story at this rate. 45 minute queue as a healer for a required trial.

Locking the content was a terrible move.

Blitzhex

Bah, not as much of a ram increase as I was hoping. I want maps to load faster! Are the graphics noticeably better?

HBAO+ is great and adds a lot of depth to architecture and the new reflections make everything look shiny. The textures are still low resolution, which makes ground/dirt tessellation look really bad, but looks decent at other places. I'd say the graphics are noticbly better if you're in to these little things, makes the world look less flat.

RTSS OSD works in windowed now and microstutter seems to be gone in borderless windowed mode now with this dx11 client as well, which is great.

Alphinaud's new voice makes me sad. I mean, it's a fine voice, but I was fond of Sam Riegel's performance.

My ears must be bad, I didn't even notice the change and I just beat 2.55 story two weeks ago. I did hear that near all the VA's have changed, from reddit or here I can't remember which.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Well it is going to take me forever to finish the damn pre-expansion story at this rate. 45 minute queue as a healer for a required trial.

Locking the content was a terrible move.

Still can't agree with that. If all you care about is endgame content and level then yeah I guess. Have you tried asking around for help?
Man the music in Ishgard is so good.
The music in general is incredibly good.

_woLf

HBAO+ is great and adds a lot of depth to architecture and the new reflections make everything look shiny. The textures are still low resolution, which makes ground/dirt tessellation look really bad, but looks decent at other places. I'd say the graphics are noticbly better if you're in to these little things, makes the world look less flat.

RTSS OSD works in windowed now and microstutter seems to be gone in borderless windowed mode now with this dx11 client as well, which is great.

omg, megaton for me. Can't wait to give it a shot!

fedexpeon

Banned
Glad I am a tank...Most of these story quests are requiring you to group up, and I would probably just cancel my pre-order if I was a DPS class trying to progress.

Jarate

Banned
Anyone else having issues logging in?

Also being a tank doesn't matter when the incompetent teammates you do have can't do Chrysalis within an hour :/

How? Mine still doesn't, did you do anything special? D:

Also I wish I could HBAO+ High but it eats away frames like nothing on my 7970 so I will have to do with HBAO+ Normal, other than that I can pretty much max everything sans Shadows which are at 1024 resolution and still get 75fps in non-crowded areas.

Man the music in Ishgard is so good.

It sure is, I disliked the music in Central Coerthas but all of Ishgard so far is amazing, I can't stop listening to it :D

iammeiam

In continued "revamped bard is really really weird guys" news, Empyreal Arrow:

- Costs 60 TP
- Has a 15 second cool down
- Is OFF GCD
- Is a weaponskill, and so has a cast time under Wanderer's Minuet (and can't be used without Minuet, so will always have a cast time)

It feels incredibly strange to intentionally push my GCD out a few times a minute.

Blitzhex

How? Mine still doesn't, did you do anything special? D:

Also I wish I could HBAO+ High but it eats away frames like nothing on my 7970 so I will have to do with HBAO+ Normal, other than that I can pretty much max everything sans Shadows which are at 1024 resolution and still get 75fps in non-crowded areas.

It sure is, I disliked the music in Central Coerthas but all of Ishgard so far is amazing, I can't stop listening to it :D

Didn't change any settings for rtss, it just started working as soon as I opened it with the dx11 client in b/l windowed.

Didn't change any settings for rtss, it just started working as soon as I opened it with the dx11 client in b/l windowed.

Ooops... I think I found the problem... I restarted my GPU drivers manually earlier which took RTSS out which also explains why my PC was so silent, my GPU Fan is normally controlled by RTSS, I hope I didn't damage it...

Wagram

All the complaining about needing to progress through story reminds me of how terrible ALL non SE MMOs are when it comes to that.

Wow I'm probably super late to the party but when did they add touchpad compatibility to the DS4 on PC? Freakin awesome. Wish more games did that.

Wow I'm probably super late to the party but when did they add touchpad compatibility to the DS4 on PC? Freakin awesome. Wish more games did that.

Whoa they did so officially with no third-party drivers? o.o

EDIT:

Here are two of my favorite screenshots so far:

zfjrse.png

llrtni.png

The Sea of clouds is... breathtakingly amazing!

grimmiq

FUCK!

Heavensward launches 7pm my time, get in at 9pm, internet goes down at 1am..still not back up and ISP can't send a technician til Thursday..Thinking about getting a shitty Mobile broadband USB thing..anyone know what an average hourly data usage is for FFXIV? It's like $50 for 3gig.

So, I just logged in to both Lodestone and Mogstation and all but one of my characters are gone. Any know issues or advice? Trying my best not to freak out.

Top Bottom