• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Nirran

So, I just logged in to both Lodestone and Mogstation and all but one of my characters are gone. Any know issues or advice? Trying my best not to freak out.

It's bugged currently. Once you log into the game those characters will show back up online.

Arkeband

Banned
HBAO+ is great and adds a lot of depth to architecture and the new reflections make everything look shiny. The textures are still low resolution, which makes ground/dirt tessellation look really bad, but looks decent at other places. I'd say the graphics are noticbly better if you're in to these little things, makes the world look less flat.

RTSS OSD works in windowed now and microstutter seems to be gone in borderless windowed mode now with this dx11 client as well, which is great.

By microstutter, do you mean how it seemed like the refresh rate was halved if you tabbed away from the window and came back?

I've always ran the game in full screen because of this - this morning I actually had fullscreen behaving like windowed fullscreen (I have a two monitor display) and it was amazing, I came home later and it wasn't doing this anymore.

Anyway a confirmation on this would be sweet. This has always drove me nuts.

Kudo

This place is far too familiar for me
c7pgR2E.jpg
Just got to level 42 with Dark Knight, hopefully I can reach 50 in few days so I get to start the expansion areas.

JeanPi

Banned
This place is far too familiar for me

Just got to level 42 with Dark Knight, hopefully I can reach 50 in few days so I get to start the expansion areas.

How is the Dark Knight in comparison to the Paladin and Marauder. I'm currently leveling a gladiator and not sure which job i'm gonna go with.

fedexpeon

Banned
Blah...I am regretting buying the expansion right now.
There is no one in the old world, and everyone is getting to enjoy the expansion except for the few.
So if the game release another expansion...Wow, how can they possibility introduce new players in?
It will be impossible unless they wipe out the story and let people decide that they don't care.

Kudo

How is the Dark Knight in comparison to the Paladin and Marauder. I'm currently leveling a gladiator and not sure which job i'm gonna go with.

It feels a lot like Paladin for most part so far.
I like it, seems to have fairly powerful damage output and really good tanking skills, some kind of stances that Paladin didn't have. I've only played Paladin to 22 and Marauder to 8 so I can't give you that fair opinion about it but I do like them all, maybe someone else has statistics which class is best for tanking.

Arkeband

Banned
Blah...I am regretting buying the expansion right now.
There is no one in the old world, and everyone is getting to enjoy the expansion except for the few.
So if the game release another expansion...Wow, how can they possibility introduce new players in?
It will be impossible unless they wipe out the story and let people decide that they don't care.

You don't need other players to level from 1-30, and there will be people leveling from 30-50 in the old world on their alts and new jobs.

This just sounds like you're lazy and want to skip the story.

Noooo, I logged in just fine and was playing without issue. I ate dinner and came back to being logged out and now I'm just getting 5006 error! I can't brute force in since it closes the application after it errors.

Edit: Nevermind, in queue now!

JeanPi

Banned
It feels a lot like Paladin for most part so far.
I like it, seems to have fairly powerful damage output and really good tanking skills, some kind of stances that Paladin didn't have. I've only played Paladin to 22 and Marauder to 8 so I can't give you that fair opinion about it but I do like them all, maybe someone else has statistics which class is best for tanking.

I've been looking around but haven't found anything yet. Thanks for the info thou.

Hey guys, feel bad about putting this here but dunno where to ask. I goofed up and ended up with a US cd key when i wanted an EU one for digital collectors for the expansion.

would anyone be willing to purchase EU for me and trade keys. it would be a huge help.
Please pm

Thanks!

Ruruja

Just unlocked flying in Western Coerthas! It's beautiful.

The best part is the map design of this area and Sea of Clouds is abysmal for land travel and no more dead ends or wrong turns or going around a very wide mountain to get somewhere.

Firebrand

Disabled all chat channels but FC... FC "mate" starts blurting out what I presume are early story events (I'm only 51 atm). Sigh. Sucked the fun out it for tonight.

If anyone's having performance issue with DX11, try switch between borderless and fullscreen. In 2.55 I got periodic stutter (with frame rate counter intact) in borderless window, in this new DX11 build I get frame skips in fullscreen but borderless windowed works great.

For PC players on here: do you play with a gamepad?
Yes, works surprisingly well once you get filters setup, though big FATEs like Svara (or any FATE in Ishgard at the moment, lol) can be a bit messy.

I don't think it's superior to kb&m or anything, I just hate the way WASD in third-person feels. I do have plenty of icons to click on hotbars though, for stuff that isn't time-critical.

My biggest headache so far with gamepad has been the petbar, which if enabled replaces the RB crossbar cycle with toggle pet bar, forcing you to use RB+dpad/face buttons to pick specific crossbars. My workaround was to disable the petbar entirely and use macros to assign or copy relevant pet abilities to one of my two main crossbars.

All these new voices are awesome, that alone is worth buying HW.
They are. Pretty sure (very early character)
Count Fortemps
is "Judge Ghis" from FF12.

Arkeband

Banned
Everyone's talking about these english voices - are they really that good? Japanese voices were real professional in 2.0 and some cutscenes had more elaborate animations.

Capella

Everyone's talking about these english voices - are they really that good? Japanese voices were real professional in 2.0 and some cutscenes had more elaborate animations.

All of the voices I've heard so far except Alphinauds are an improvement over 2.0 IMO. For example, Cid's new voice is waaaaay better than his old one.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
All of the voices I've heard so far except Alphinauds are an improvement over 2.0 IMO. For example, Cid's new voice is waaaaay better than his old one.

I thought he sounded better this time around. I wasn't sure if he actually got a new one or not.

Moaradin

Really liking how the story is structured so far. Good pacing at the moment. Voice acting in general has improved a lot as well.

I'm surprised at how huge the new areas, I have barely explored half of them and there is still another map I can't even access yet. A bit unsure on what to do but oh well.

Hit 55 today, which is pretty good going as far as I'm concerned. Managed to do every side quest in Coerthas West and the Dravanian Forelands so I'm done with those areas as far as I'm concerned

More of The Churning Mists tomorrow...

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hit 55 and some change on DRG, got to Churning Mists. My 130 gear is only now starting to be replaced. Those were some productive 18 hours.

So just got back into the game and need a bit of advice, I haven't played in a very long time.

I'd like to open up DK and I am currently a 50 monk, and a 41 paladin. It looks like the story quest I am on is called Moving On which is no doubt very much right after acquiring level 50.

So my question is would it be easier to just work on story quests with the monk? or level up the paladin to 50 and continuing the story quests.

I am honestly a little lost haha, and I don't wanna clog up FC chat with this.

Alphinaud new voice actor is one of the worst voice actor's i've ever heard in USA games and anime.. its that bad =\

His original voice actor was Liam O'Brien. I don't know why they would change him since he's one of the best in the business. I wonder what happened cause this just seems like an odd thing to do.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
His original voice actor was Liam O'Brien. I don't know why they would change him since he's one of the best in the business. I wonder what happened cause this just seems like an odd thing to do.

You mean Sam Regal. Liam O'Brien is too cool for Alphinaud.

Top Bottom