• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

WolvenOne

Add ons and better animations like 1.0 had

Add-on's are supposedly coming before the next expansion, supposedly. I'm not certain if getting rid of PS3 support would suddenly improve character animations or not. Textures, it might slightly improve. I've heard recently that they actually do have higher resolution textures available, but that they're downrezzed for the sake of PS3 players.

Granted, even they have higher resolution copies laying around, it's not a sure thing that they'll use them.

That amount of gil is dependent on people actually buying clusters at those prices and the market's supply not being flooded to exceed the demand. A hundred of a type of clusters will last anybody a while.

Yes I can see that. I've been crafting quite a bit and it hasn't made a dent in my clusters or crystals for that matter.

So I've finally leveled my first class to 60. MY question:

I want to do a gatherer or another DoW but I have no room when I do.

My inventory and retainers are stuffed full of crafting materials. Is there a particular crafting class that could make a bigger dent in this stuff than the others?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So I've finally leveled my first class to 60. MY question:

I want to do a gatherer or another DoW but I have no room when I do.

My inventory and retainers are stuffed full of crafting materials. Is there a particular crafting class that could make a bigger dent in this stuff than the others?

The general census seems to be that if you plan to be "serious" about crafting is that you have to Level ALL Crafting Classes to LV.60 or otherwise you shouldn't bother.

A Gathering Class is more safe because it doesn't forcefully require you to Level the other 2 Gathering Classes to be successful.
If we get rid of PS3 do we get better butts?

Maybe?

Better tessellation could make that work...if they wanted to go that route.

WolvenOne

If we get rid of PS3 do we get better butts?

Maybe.

Depends on how much work it'd be, and if it'd detract from making new content in a measurable way. Would also depend on demand, which I presume is high, given how often people obsess over it.

Squishy3

I've fallen down the hole of watching 1.0 videos to see how different it was.

Watched a video of Garuda hard. Lost it at Suparna and Chirada coming out in hard mode and it literally not even mattering that they completely ignored them.

Aselith

Can anyone give me pointers for leveling my BSM desynth?

I'm stuck at 80 and there's conveniently no easily crafted 80-110 gear to get me caught up to the HW baseline stuff. I want to be able to choose between conversion or desynth, but right now it looks like I'm going to be farming EX primals and rolling against 6 other people who are probably greeding and vendoring stuff.

Go through the lower level CT stuff and you'll get stuff around 80-100 I think. It'll slow things down til you get to about 100 then you can start desynthing the 115 stuff from Heavensward. Use Tinker potions and you can raise the level of your desnthing to gain some more % chance.

Edit: Oh wait looks like they don't drop weapons. :(

Guess Who

Banned
I've fallen down the hole of watching 1.0 videos to see how different it was.

Watched a video of Garuda hard. Lost it at Suparna and Chirada coming out in hard mode and it literally not even mattering that they completely ignored them.

People talk about how much better the graphics looked in 1.0 but maaan Ifrit's arena looked like absolute horseshit compared to ARR.

Kalentan

youll have to do it again. the same thing happened to me when i did the final CS. It'll just restart you from the beginning.

:/

Honestly shit like this is sometimes why I take break from games. Hate having to redo content in terms of progressing again. (Not the same as doing a daily roulette)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
:/

Honestly shit like this is sometimes why I take break from games. Hate having to redo content in terms of progressing again. (Not the same as doing a daily roulette)

I don't think you'll have to start over. This happened to me. I got disconnected in a cutscene after beating a dungeon. I spawned where I was and began the cutscene again and was done.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see but I think you'll be okay.

fedexpeon

Banned
I hope 4.0 will let us ally with the Garlean Empire.
They were and are always right about the danger of the Primal but we delayed them and they fell into corruption to make a bad deal to progress with their justice in preventing the revival of the Primals for the greater good.
It would be interesting too if they enable world PVP too >.>

Valor

I hope 4.0 will let us ally with the Garlean Empire.
They were and are always right about the danger of the Primal but we delayed them and they fell into corruption to make a bad deal to progress with their justice in preventing the revival of the Primals for the greater good.
It would be interesting too if they enable world PVP too >.>

No. Kagari's nonsense is spreading.

Sickness must be purged!

Squishy3

People talk about how much better the graphics looked in 1.0 but maaan Ifrit's arena looked like absolute horseshit compared to ARR.
Just looked at a video. You're absolutely right.

Man watching the Nael boss fight this is some janky ass shit. That second phase where Nael just stands and attacks the tank and spams what looks like Wicked Wheel, lmao. The part where the ranged DPS need to climb the stairs and shoot down meteors as they fall is a neat idea... if the combat wasn't as terrible as it looks. :p

Kenai

I disagree that the graphics in general were better, but there were some things that existed in 1.0 that I miss seeing here (yes, butt sliders were in 1.0....for 2 race/gender combos).

But the optimization overall was so bad that it didn't really matter.

rubius01

Just for reference

this is why my true EB always was and will be the sea.

oldman-10.jpg

Wilsongt

That feel when you finally have all of your dungeon atma drops for your zodiac, buy one of the two final items, and see that the second item you need isn't available on the market board and there are no high-level weavers online.

=/

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
They aren't going to be on an annual release for expacs. They'll probably start hitting 1.5 years between each though.

I'd be happy with every 1.5 years. Having to recap crafting and gathering jobs annually would be a nightmare. =S

Caelestis

That feel when you finally have all of your dungeon atma drops for your zodiac, buy one of the two final items, and see that the second item you need isn't available on the market board and there are no high-level weavers online.

=/
Wat. I am always online.

Alrus

Who gets me the most about 1.0 is how dull the combat looks, like spellcasters not even unsheathing their weapon and barely look active when casting. At least 2.0 made those animations seem much more involved.

Rising_Hei

I'm not the biggest fan of adds-ons... they usually dumb down the game a lot, mods like deadly-boss are the better example.
Bosses fights in WOW with that were just like playing a replay and on rails, i don't get how could anyone have fun with that, and it was mandatary in many guilds...

elyetis

I didn't spend that much time on 1.0 so I have a hard time saying what part of it looked better; but while 2.0 was a general improvement ( no longer full copy past, etc ), I definitly felt a downgrade. Definitly something about the lighting, and even maybe the polycount and texture quality.

I must also say that the dx11 version has been quite disapointing for me, I'm all for parallax mapping, but I have seen some pretty bad use of it ( and in a far to small resolution ? ) in ffxiv. It honestly feel like some of them were done as an automated process then unchecked.
Often tesslation would have been a far better choice, in some case no pm would have been better honestly given what they did with it ( I'm thinking of some wooden plank or rock I saw the other day, which felt worst with the dx11 version then dx9 ).

Ceravic

This game is just such a loveletter to the series.
Just reached Matoya's Cave tonight and as soon as the music started playing and I saw the brooms I lost my shit.

Lanrutcon

I'm not the biggest fan of adds-ons... they usually dumb down the game a lot, mods like deadly-boss are the better example.
Bosses fights in WOW with that were just like playing a replay and on rails, i don't get how could anyone have fun with that, and it was mandatary in many guilds...

The only mod I really, really would like is logic based icon displays. There are quite a few mods for that in WoW: when a condition is met, display something somewhere. It makes life a lot easier when you're juggling DoTs, active damage, procs and cooldowns. Jobs like MCH and SMN would love that shit.

Top Bottom