• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

aceface

1209_mcmillan_630x420.jpg

Teleport costs are too damn high!

Bittercup

So just got back into the game and need a bit of advice, I haven't played in a very long time.

I'd like to open up DK and I am currently a 50 monk, and a 41 paladin. It looks like the story quest I am on is called Moving On which is no doubt very much right after acquiring level 50.

So my question is would it be easier to just work on story quests with the monk? or level up the paladin to 50 and continuing the story quests.

I am honestly a little lost haha, and I don't wanna clog up FC chat with this.
I don't think it makes much of a difference in regards to difficulty. The rest of the main story is mainly a lot of talking and travelling and the occasional dungeon/trial in between.
If you are eager to play as dark knight I would just take the highest class and finish the story.

iammeiam

Hit 55 today, which is pretty good going as far as I'm concerned. Managed to do every side quest in Coerthas West and the Dravanian Forelands so I'm done with those areas as far as I'm concerned

More of The Churning Mists tomorrow...

At least one level 56 quest marker shows for me (which I cannot currently do, so it's just mocking me) in Dravanian so.... there's no escape.

You'll be there forever.

It's probably going to be that hunter chick again. The never-ending quest line of running to that one spot and back. forever.

CoLaN

I came back after 1 year and a half break, continued to level my bard and reached the level 45 class quest and i was pleasantly surprised to see that now it also rewards a full set of item level 90 armor.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So just got back into the game and need a bit of advice, I haven't played in a very long time.

I'd like to open up DK and I am currently a 50 monk, and a 41 paladin. It looks like the story quest I am on is called Moving On which is no doubt very much right after acquiring level 50.

So my question is would it be easier to just work on story quests with the monk? or level up the paladin to 50 and continuing the story quests.

I am honestly a little lost haha, and I don't wanna clog up FC chat with this.

I'd stick to monk and try to rush everything while DPS queues are still good.

Zomba13

If anyone is planning on playing the game and needs a referral code mine is: TRNGU8ZQ

When you sub for at least a month and use that code you get some in game goodies that help you level and I get some feathers to go towards a cool flying mount (and I'll also help you play etc).

Time to get on with HW. I'm like 1/4 into lvl 51 and the main quests have just started at 51. I've been ignoring side quests so far because I feel like they could be useful on a sub class.

Reishiki

Banned
I finished getting AST to 35 last night. I still haven't been able to remember the card effects for effective party use, so I'm probably gonna suck when I start doing dungeons.

Probably not going to replace my main (SMN), though.

Crosseyes

Banned
Holy shit at the Ravana stuff. I would be totally ok with him becoming as common a mainstay in FF as the regular summons/primals are like ifrit, shiva, ramuh, ect. From his design to the music... oh lord that music.

BadRNG

so far apparently nanamo is alive

nobody accidentally click this.
hahahahahaahahahaaafafahaghahahaaha

On another note, DRK story is nice. The dialogue is like a KH/Star Wars mash up but I really appreciate the overall theme thus far. Worried there will be happy ever after ending though...

Sorry, I wasn't really posting for help so I was pretty vague, but...

2x 7970s with the Witcher 3 drivers.

It has to be the game, maybe there's a setting somewhere that fixes it. I haven't been able to get back into the game to fiddle with it.

First rule of Multi-GPU setups: If it's crashing, disable SLI/CF and see if it now works.

Tash

Anyone found the quest npc that supposedly makes your fat choco fly?
I don't have any quests in Coerthas left and the one mentioned doesn't show up as completed in my journal.

EDIT: /u/Impexus has done the quest. It is a level 52 quest located in the Foundation near the holy stables/chocobo stables.

hahahahahaahahahaaafafahaghahahaaha

On another note, DRK story is nice. The dialogue is like a KH/Star Wars mash up but I really appreciate the overall theme thus far. Worried there will be happy ever after ending though...

Read the journals for the completed quests, the player character is deliciously edgy in their thoughts. Really enjoying the DRK storyline so far (level 40).

Gridman

Neo Member
My character won't show up on the Lodestone so I can't add her to my Guildworks account. Will this affect my in game application for the FC at all? I've already been accepted on GAF's Guildworks site.

*edit*

Nevermind I'm an idiot. Sorry about asking a stupid question. I figured it out.

Kenai

AST quest started out pretty ho-hum 9especially compared to MCH) but then BAM in the level 40 quest
complete with evil Topaz Carbuncle attack As a SCH I found it extremely amusing even if i probably wasn't supposed to.

I am honestly shocked how much I like the job. i like healing but it kinda came out of nowhere for me. Gorgeous, flashy spell effects and solid mechanics behind them to not make it feel even a little bit clunky. Definitely my primary alt as of now (would be in the running for my main if it weren't so genuinely terrible at soloing).

I should print this out and staple it to my forehead or something.

I've been learning, it's hard but not impossible. The hardest thing to remember for me has been the "secondary" Royal Road flip effects, but the basic 6 shouldn't be so bad. You start to remember stuff like Ewer being good for you and Bole being good for the tank and the rest being various DPS ones. The only time the secondary effect is really going to make a huge difference is for something like a Spread>Royal Road combo and even then you can't even start practicing that yet.

Ken

Can someone tell me where the level 54 PLD Job quest is? I forgot where the new NPC is.

I thiiiiiink it's in Falcons Nest but I already logged off for a break so I'll have to check later.

As long as you draw cards every 30secs, it doesn't take too long to get used to them.

Bole is pretty much entirely for the tank, Balance is for any DPS, I generally don't royal road these since they give only 50% increase potency so you lose a bit of value and they're powerful on their own, I spread balance if not needed right away to use with a Royal Road effect later.

Ewer is mostly for yourself or for Royal Road into double duration(no value lost since you use 2 cooldowns for 2x duration of a card, so it's a good royal road assuming you can get something decent to use it on), Spire is for aoe spamming machinists(or other TP classes) or for Royal Road, both of these are fairly low impact in general in dungeons so I often use them to Royal Road.

Arrow is for any DPS(there migth be some that benefit more like say BLM, but everyone gets some boost from it) or for Royal Road IF you have a Spread card to use the aoe Royal Road(for example Balance in spread, or another Arrow) and finally Spear is mostly Royal Road food for the aoe effect, as it has very limited effects and requires coordination to use properly.

Associating the colors works pretty well too. Green=tank. Yellow=TP. Orange=Damage. Then there's 3 blueish, but I kinda remembered the names, Ewer is for yourself, Spear is poop(like Dragoons) and Arrow is damage(like bad Bards). They should have given spear and arrow different colors to make it easier, like purple and white or something, this way you could have fully identified them based on colors.

The system is very fun once you have the various card manipulation skills. You can spread a card to keep it for later, then draw something, Royal Road that card then use your spread card to benefit from the Royal Road instantly, stuff like that. Shuffle lets you try twice if you have a good Royal Road or Spread already.

Ferr986

How are you guys leveling that fast? I have a NIN 25 and I would like to finish it before continuing with the ARR story. But I only could level a couple of levels yesterday

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got to 53, done the first dungeon and Ravana today. After I grab something to eat I'm heading to the 2nd dungeon which seems to be required by the main story.
Unlocked flying in the first area and am currently 1 quest away from doing the same in the second one (Sea of Clouds is 5th on the list, good thing I didn't try focusing on that one).

Ravana's fight was really fun. I liked how it used previous mechanics, while putting a spin of some of them and I think adding one or two new ones.

Zomba13

Wait, those are supposed to be from the PC's point if view?

A lot of the quest log things say "you" did this and "you decide" that. It seems to me the quest log stuff is just narrator saying what you've done and felt and not the player character themselves saying "I did this" or "I felt that".

WolvenOne

Okay, first (half) a day playing, here are my impressions so far.

The music is excellent, truly excellent. I'm having a ton of fun exploring the world, I do wish I could get the flying mounts a bit earlier, but giving Chocobo's out too early would be even worse so....

First dungeon is really fun, though I need to run it a few more times to get the hang of it. Feels like it's somewhere in between the end-game HM's and the pre-50 story dungeons. The plot is turning out well thus far, though there is one detail that kinda disappoints me. Not so much that it can't work or makes zero sense, so much as it's an easy way out of some real good drama. Only 52 so far, about to hit 53, missing so much of the day slowed me down a bit I guess. Deliverance feels great for solo-ing content, but I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't lower enmity beyond it's base output. Even merely being out of defiance I have to watch my enmity pretty closely around some main tanks. With a five percent damage bonus and upto 10% extra Crit at any given time, I'll have to be even more careful when I'm off tanking.

Already I want to go back try my hand at Bahamut again though. XD

PS: Not sure where I'm going to stick those two Deliverance abilities, everything else will probably be easy peasy to fit in though.

Dandte

Are the 10 Temple leves bugged? I was offered 46k for a single leve and 69k for a 10? lel?
My botanic had the amount but my weaver had the Option to take a leve that grants 190k Although the costs for the mats for crafting are way to high and I can't find These god damn rainbow cotton Balls

I haven't played since september but I bet it won't take too long to get to Heavensward content th-

6IAPwW5.gif

Oof. Time to pick a new Netflix show for some grindin'.

Jolkien

Anybody found how to get the green aether current in the underground cavern in Mourn,in the zone Dravanian Forelands ? Only exploring one I'm missing and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Stuart444

So were they full of BS about changing the cross bar/skills stuff in some way due to the amount of new skills or whatever? Pretty sure Yoshida said something about that a while back.

Top Bottom