• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Treasure coffers that appear upon completing areas in Alexander: Gordias (Savage) will yield gear. In addition, players will receive a page of the Gordian Manifesto from each area, which can be exchanged for gear of your choosing.

This shit is how Normal Alex should work (And all Raids. Normal or otherwise). Not the gear part, but the token for completing it. The gear + token can be unique to Savage.

Bittercup

I think I read somewhere that FFXIV supports the DualShock 4 controller natively since 3.0. But I can't get it to work properly without the cfg file modification and then still no native touch pad controls.
Am I confusing something? Even the crappy PC port of Batman has proper support for the DS4.

I've killed Bismark Ex last night. It was an interesting boss and not that hard when you know what to do (well we had some luck on the weather)

Tabris

They are using the Ultima HM guy? Laziness.

Is tanks using strength jewelry the new thing? Been seeing alot of that lately.

There's nothing that needs that VIT / HP in this game right now except maybe Alex 4 discord + bomb blowing up.

Pretty sure most will need to be wearing VIT accessories in Alex Savage, but we'll see how the HP checks are in this game. Depends on the number of tank buster moves and the frequency of them. I hope Alex Savage 1 starts right off the bat with tank buster moves doing like 15k+ unmitigated.

WolvenOne

I need to have a better look at those tank sets before I really know how I feel about them. I like the basic shape, but they look a bit drab somehow.

Also, new Frontlines sounds like Secure, with targets to secure spawning at random locations intermittently. That, might be fun actually, since it forces people to explore and communicate.

Granted, I'm using Google translate, so I could very well be wrong.

Oh damn those chinese dragon fists, almost good enough to get me to PvP. ALMOST.

I think I read somewhere that FFXIV supports the DualShock 4 controller natively since 3.0. But I can't get it to work properly without the cfg file modification and then still no native touch pad controls.
Am I confusing something? Even the crappy PC port of Batman has proper support for the DS4.

I don't believe that's the case at all, the DS4 is poorly supported in the first place until you install stuff for it. The main thing FFXIV does is it lets you use the Dualshock buttons for prompts and stuff, instead of the stupid Xbox stuff, so this way if you have a DS4, you don't have to figure what is B or A. For DS4 support, you still use whatever you're using usually. There was a thread recently in here, I think people suggested DS4windows which seemed simple to use.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramuh Ex finally down. ϟ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ϟ

Bittercup

I don't believe that's the case at all, the DS4 is poorly supported in the first place until you install stuff for it. The main thing FFXIV does is it lets you use the Dualshock buttons for prompts and stuff, instead of the stupid Xbox stuff, so this way if you have a DS4, you don't have to figure what is B or A. For DS4 support, you still use whatever you're using usually. There was a thread recently in here, I think people suggested DS4windows which seemed simple to use.
That's disappointing. I already use DS4Windows for most games.
But some current gen games have proper support for the DS4 build in, like FarCry 4, AC Unity, Batman and I think several more which not only show the Playstation buttons in menus but the touch pad works like on the PS4 with no additional drivers needed.
FFXIV doesn't need DS4Window either but the touch pad doesn't work even when selecting PS buttons + touchpad in the options.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I really love that PVP aiming gear. I thought I'd wanna aim for the brown/red MCH set but that Unicorn set is dapper.

They are using the Ultima HM guy? Laziness.

"The Ultima HM guy". Also known as Yoshida's personal in-lore avatar.

Is tanks using strength jewelry the new thing? Been seeing alot of that lately.

All of your enmity-generating abilities scale with how hard you hit which for tanks implies that more strength is better. VIT in this case becomes like accuracy - as long as you have enough, you should just put everything else in hitting harder and you really only need full vitality in very rare cases (undergeared for a raid, solo-tanking a fight intended for two tanks, or having a terrible ass healer)

Munba

New PvP Encounter Preview—Seal Rock (Seize)
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c932e207bde3c01dfb22faf6af9bf6089d437f89

c932e207bde3c01dfb22faf6af9bf6089d437f89_0.png

WolvenOne

I expected them to make Savage another Minstrel Trial. Really there isn't any other way they could do it without adding a story to savage mode, and that would defeat the purpose of creating an easy mode.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
In order to accompany Patch 3.05, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds at the time below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

Patch 3.05 will be implemented in two separate maintenances. Adjustments to gatherer/crafter, including “red crafters' scrip” and ”red gatherers' scrip”, will be implemented in the maintenance scheduled on Jul. 22, 2015.

The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before the maintenance, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

Please be advised that you will be unable to make reservations for Ceremonies of Eternal Bond from the time maintenance ends until Jul. 24, 2015 2:00 a.m. (PDT)

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time] Jul. 20, 2015 11:00 p.m. to Jul. 21, 2015 3:00 a.m. (PDT) * Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Worlds] All Worlds

Staggering for staggering.

Zomba13

I expected them to make Savage another Minstrel Trial. Really there isn't any other way they could do it without adding a story to savage mode, and that would defeat the purpose of creating an easy mode.

I really like the idea of a wandering minstrel singing songs of your great deeds as an excuse for non-canon harder difficulty content. The idea of things you've done getting carried far and wide and exaggerated by a bard is cool and then you have to "fight" his version of events. Much better than it just being a difficulty toggle with no story reason or "welp, they've summoned x once again, only this time it's got more mechanics and damages!"

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How long does it usually take to get those pvp sets? Haven't tried pvp in this game but I'm tempted for that Monk glamour D:

You need PVP seals to buy the sets and also high enough PVP rank with your GC to equip them (this includes glamour). Getting high enough rank is usually the bigger hurdle of the two (rank 45 currently requires over 500 frontline matches on average). I dunno if they'll change anything about this with the new map, such as giving more exp, or adding new ranks, or changing rank requirements, but either way it will probably still be a large time investment.

Rektash

For the strength item wearing tanks:

Keep in mind that for example a WHM can dish out serious AOE dmg that far surpasses the damage you can put out as a WAR with STR gear. I feel it is oftentimes better to go full VIT gear so that the WHM has to heal less and can concentrate on pressing dat Holy button on AOE pulls. Of course this assumes you have a good Healer in your team and AOE pulls ahead of you (Duty Roulette comes to mind). Otherwise STR gear is mostly superior in the current content.

Ken

How long does it usually take to get those pvp sets? Haven't tried pvp in this game but I'm tempted for that Monk glamour D:

SUPER LONG TIME.

Maybe they'll add more stuff to alleviate the grind but the GC-based queue times, simultaneous launch with Alex Savage, and general bad taste of PvP left from 2.x might make things rough.

dcye

Staggering for staggering.

Doesn't bode well for 3.1 that this content is all getting so staggered out and drip fed to us. Maybe they're just trying to do this so that people are able to get through the story and catch up but I somehow doubt it.

dcye

If you're gonna try, you have to start as soon as it comes out and do almost nothing but PVP in your spare time, 'cause if you don't and leave it a while the people stop doing PvP and you'll be snoring your way through 60+min queues.

Lanrutcon

Crazy right?
I did find it interesting that one of the Grand Companies played a significant role in the story instead of just being there for the sake of gameplay. The other two had roles, but they were gone once you beat said primal threat past 2.0

I wanted to slap my GC leader for being such a stupid, non-committal wuss. You'd think they'd be nicer to the Warrior of Light given how I save the world twice a freaking day.

I just wanted one Primal to walk up to the city gates and start some shit when I wasn't there. Just once would be enough.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Doesn't bode well for 3.1 that this content is all getting so staggered out and drip fed to us. Maybe they're just trying to do this so that people are able to get through the story and catch up but I somehow doubt it.

I think they're severely underhanded and are scrambling to complete things on time and if they had put everything they wanted into 3.0, we'd still be playing 2.5. The original 2.5.

Lanrutcon

Question to Summoners: any tips for tracking DoT durations? and manually controlling Garuda-Egi? like, hud configurations, macros or general tips.

Baleoce

I'm not very far into MCH, so forgive me if this complaint is irrelevant at higher levels but, sometimes during Rapid Fire there's not enough time to see if the next part of the combo has procc'ed, and it's actually possible to press it too early, if you're anticipating it. Also, how will reacting to combo procs work later on when under Gauss Barrel? Do you have to wait?

Pancho

Qurupancho
Heh Ultima Hard is probably ridiculously easy now, fight is tuned for ilvl 60 or something.
Thankfully, I already did it
But I feel its kinda crappy locking Alex savage behind old ass content. Silver lining for those that haven't done it tho, a lot of people are gonna be doing it now.

I'm not very far into MCH, so forgive me if this complaint is irrelevant at higher levels but, sometimes during Rapid Fire there's not enough time to see if the next part of the combo has procc'ed, and it's actually possible to press it too early, if you're anticipating it. Also, how will reacting to combo procs work later on when under Gauss Barrel? Do you have to wait?

Yeah, the latency/lag with rapid fire really sucks sometimes, I have trouble with it too.
As for Gauss barrel procs, procs have no cast time. In the usual 1-2-3 attack, Split shot would be the only one with the cast time, the other two are shot instantly with procs.

Baleoce

Yeah, the latency/lag with rapid fire really sucks sometimes, I have trouble with it too.
As for Gauss barrel procs, procs have no cast time. In the usual 1-2-3 attack, Split shot would be the only one with the cast time, the other two are shot instantly with procs.

Aah okay, so you have to delay reacting from Split to Slug each time yeah?

Apoptomon

Question to Summoners: any tips for tracking DoT durations? and manually controlling Garuda-Egi? like, hud configurations, macros or general tips.

There are options in the config menus to prioritise showing the DoTs you inflict on the target's healthbar (i.e. leftmost), you can even turn off everyone else's, but I personally don't. Also, your effects will have the timer in green where others' are white.

For control of the pets, I think it depends on your control choice/platform as to whether or not the pet action bar shows up separately to your hotbars, so if you want to you can move select pet skills (Sic/Obey, Contagion) onto your hotbars/keybinds for easier access.
It's basically always better to use Garuda on Obey. Since you also use this button to set your pet's target, it's probably better on a hotbar/keybind.

Summoner does have many buttons to juggle, so in terms of macros, I've combined Rouse and Spur into a single 'pet buff' button, put the AoE skills for all three egi into a single "pet AoE" button, and at high levels (i.e. 60) made it so that Dreadwyrm and Deathflare also swap Ruin and Ruin III (but obviously don't worry about that if your not up to that level).
You might also want to borrow some healer macros for Resurrect like combining Swiftcast and Resurrect or adding a "Resurrecting <t>" announcement.

i like the new PVP stuff. armor will good on my warrior. bummed it's shared between tanks now. kinda cheap. what a shame.

map sounds way more interesting than the last one. no more zergfests please.

That amazing feeling when you find your co-healing soul-mates and they are in the same free company at you and they feel the same about you.

Being told your AST is the only one they can trust healing along side of is such a special feeling. Now if only I could get one of our officers to stop bullying us ASTs and poking fun at our buffs.

Ken

That amazing feeling when you find your co-healing soul-mates and they are in the same free company at you and they feel the same about you.

Being told your AST is the only one they can trust healing along side of is such a special feeling. Now if only I could get one of our officers to stop bullying us ASTs and poking fun at our buffs.

Congrats on the Sects.

Valor

Do they DPS?

Azzurri

SO the biggest complaint about PvP in the game is GCvGC, they release a new PvP map and armor and weapons and yet they keep the same thing that people have been complaining about since PvP was released and reason why no one PvP's?

Pls Understand.

Top Bottom