• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Astra

Yup! I remember hearing that they transferred and were getting a big event going. I never knew how it turned out until now though. I'm not too surprised, those guys are on a complete other level.

They really are. They're the main reason I continued to play PvP after that first level 30 quest. I went in as a WHM, and got completely crushed. I met Tea Pan at that time, and he went on to school me in pvp. I've learned a lot from him.

They'll be back though, when new WD stuff drops.

WolvenOne

I really want to see that lol.

Every Quarantine is a DPS check for the Off Tank and the DPS it randomly picks. Basically, can you kill the mob before the OT's health runs out.

It's pretty lenient right now, I suspect it'll be a bit more difficult in Savage.

Sorian

Banned
I really want to see that lol.

Haven't seen it in person yet, sadly. That add does hit me pretty hard as a caster though when I decide to get frisky and have a swiftcast ready for before the tank can get any aggro on it. I'm sure savage will add something up there that is more likely to kill the quarantined people.

Ken

Every Quarantine is a DPS check for the Off Tank and the DPS it randomly picks. Basically, can you kill the mob before the OT's health runs out.

It's pretty lenient right now, I suspect it'll be a bit more difficult in Savage.

Thanks, Sherlock.

scy

Haven't seen it in person yet, sadly. That add does hit me pretty hard as a caster though when I decide to get frisky and have a swiftcast ready for before the tank can get any aggro on it. I'm sure savage will add something up there that is more likely to kill the quarantined people.

My pet attacks before myself or the tank can do anything. Garuda can barely take the one hit, a second one kills her.

:(

WolvenOne

And then it presumably picks two other DPS at random aaaaand, wipu. Not enough people left to handle Dolls.

Thanks, Sherlock.

Twas Elementary my dear Qhon!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Oh I know. I'm usually picked for it.

Sorian

Banned
My pet attacks before myself or the tank can do anything. Garuda can barely take the one hit, a second one kills her.

:(

The real sad part is the loop up to the quarantine pad takes so long that I usually lose umbral/astral and if that's gone enochian is usually following.

Jayhawk

No, but you can die while in quarantine and your body just stays there, cold and lonely, with no healers coming to save you. A fate worse than death.

If the OT dies in quarantine, a healer can be moved into quarantine the next time. You just need a pro melee with Foresight and Featherfoot to survive while the healer raises the OT.

Jayhawk

What if the DPS dies and the OT survives? :V

Make the OT die for the greater good. Worst part about coming back from quarantine as a Monk is that if an add isn't in Shoulder Tackle range as you land, Form Shift is not enough to save those stacks.

BadRNG

Will the new PVP arena count towards mount achievements? Please be yes because soon as I get BLM/PLD to 60 I'm taking a long ass break from leveling, and I want to get back into pvp to get the GC mounts + ADS mount.
The achievement list that was datamined from 3.0 has separate achievements for completing the new mode, including a new 200 win one for it. It's still very possible but I wouldn't get hopes up.

scy

I am suddenly less saddened by turrets desummoning themselves.

Turrets smarter than Garuda confirmed.

selfish behavior

this is why the robots will win

The real sad part is the loop up to the quarantine pad takes so long that I usually lose umbral/astral and if that's gone enochian is usually following.

I have watched Dreadwyrm Trance slowly tick away and end the moment I regain control.

A Deathflare lost forever to the void.

Matriox

Having fun so far, is the Ultros guild full or do you guys have room for an occasional player? I only get a few hours to play games a week due to the job and a family and I didn't want to pay for a transfer until I know it's a good move. I don't have anyone else irl to play with since they moved on to other games or just aren't interested anymore, but I plan on hopping on when I get the chance.

Just asking again incase it got lost in the crossfire. I don't want to transfer unless there's room in the FC.

iammeiam

I have watched Dreadwyrm Trance slowly tick away and end the moment I regain control.

A Deathflare lost forever to the void.

Again MCH pain wins--

Pop buffs, drop Wildifire

Get Quarantined

Pewpew add so stupid OT doesn't die

Meanwhile, Wildfire explodes and does like 25 damage to the boss because lol none of that DPS counted.

Squishy3

No, but you can die while in quarantine and your body just stays there, cold and lonely, with no healers coming to save you. A fate worse than death.
The only reason that should happen is if for some reason the DPS hits the mob in there first and doesn't back off to let the OT get aggro. :p

Make the OT die for the greater good. Worst part about coming back from quarantine as a Monk is that if an add isn't in Shoulder Tackle range as you land, Form Shift is not enough to save those stacks.
I feel your pain, my BoTD always falls off whenever I get quarantined and it makes me sad. Even if I don't use geirskogul it always ends up wearing off on the trip back.

Tabris

I fucking hate the token system. The amount of farming of the same shit is ridiculous because specific tokens won't drop.

Sorian

Banned
We still got 7 items to farm among 3 turns on Monday :| That's after 6hrs of farming.

They could have not done tokens and just put each monk, ninja, dragoon, ranged physical, caster, healer, and tank piece in the chests instead. It's a super easy gearing step so there has to be some RNG to it, without RNG there would be no grind.

Also I laughed, because that quote came from the guy that loves the game where you grind shit for months so one person can get a piece of equipment.

Alexander must be a nightmare to duty find

Na not really. Sure you run into bad players, but nothing too terrible. Worst I was in this week was an A4 with no new players where I was the only dps that seemed to care about killing adds. It got vote abandoned.

I tried DFing A3 yesterday with a couple of FC mates... Let's just say I didn't know there was an enrage, and I was surprised to see it happen around 24%.

Seen the enrage in every floor except A4. A1 both bosses will just start casting their big attack that happens if you kill one if too much time passes. A2 will drop a massive bomb in the middle that you can't do shit about. A3 just casts a different cascade that does massive damage which is odd since that is the same name as the move that brings out the aoe pools as well.

Ran into the A3 enrage this week when dps kept dieing to taking the tethers back and blowing themselves up. Guess that was the worst group I had, not the A4 one.

Moaradin

Na not really. Sure you run into bad players, but nothing too terrible. Worst I was in this week was an A4 with no new players where I was the only dps that seemed to care about killing adds. It got vote abandoned.

I meant rolling on tokens. You're always gonna have to deal with bad players, but I imagine trying to get the tokens you want is even more tedious than the old system. It's sad that I kinda prefer getting bad luck on a specific drop in coil for weeks compared to running Alexander a bunch of times for the tokens I need.

Luckily the savage loot system seems better, and they're aware of the problems people have with the current Alexander system.

Ken

Well, at least pug Alex lets you try over and over while pug Coil says come back next week you loser.

ibfd4D3KSw39sh.png

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hit 57 on WAR and am really seeing what folks have been talking about with terrible party members in dungeons. It's rare indeed that I find a competent healer. They're either trying too hard to dps, standing in stuff constantly, or just don't seem bothered to actually heal. I'm tempted to level SCH so I don't have to deal with it, but then I'll probably just get stuck with horrible tanks instead. =(

Hit 57 on WAR and am really seeing what folks have been talking about with terrible party members in dungeons. It's rare indeed that I find a competent healer. They're either trying too hard to dps, standing in stuff constantly, or just don't seem bothered to actually heal. I'm tempted to level SCH so I don't have to deal with it, but then I'll probably just get stuck with horrible tanks instead. =(

Good thing about Scholar is bad tank doesn't stop you from winning easily. Bad DPS either. Bad tank AND bad DPS is rough though, but that's like way more unlikely to happen. SCH does everything in 4man dungeons.

MogCakes

Using true thrust once now counts as nuking according to tanks. Can I have my H4x0R deeps badge now? I'm apparently so powerful I aggro mobs by looking at them.

Using true thrust once now counts as nuking according to tanks. Can I have my H4x0R deeps badge now? I'm apparently so powerful I aggro mobs by looking at them.

Lol

I'm doing guild orders for this week's challenge log and have been tanking inadvertently as MCH

I can feel the anger through the screen

Top Bottom