• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anybody found how to get the green aether current in the underground cavern in Mourn,in the zone Dravanian Forelands ? Only exploring one I'm missing and it's bugging the hell out of me.
The cave which you enter from the tower?
Keep going up the stairs, the AC is outside.

wilflare

bought my copy from GMG
- is it supposed to come with just one code (early access)?
- am I gonna get another code for the main game?

finally registered my ARR code... so I got 30 days as well
- time to download and start playing... where can I start?
- hopefully this is noob friendly

Sophia

Potential spoilers I guess, level 51 quest.

I thought I would never have to go back...

There will always be a reason to go back. Rest assure we'll be on expansion #5 and they'll find a way. :|

So were they full of BS about changing the cross bar/skills stuff in some way due to the amount of new skills or whatever? Pretty sure Yoshida said something about that a while back.

If I recall right, they said that would come after the expansions' release slightly. So probably in a few weeks or Patch 3.1

So were they full of BS about changing the cross bar/skills stuff in some way due to the amount of new skills or whatever? Pretty sure Yoshida said something about that a while back.

Yeah, where are my combo buttons?

Also DRK is fun even if it's just level 30.

Can't wait to get all the PLD tools so it will be like a real job.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
bought my copy from GMG
- is it supposed to come with just one code (early access)?
- am I gonna get another code for the main game?

finally registered my ARR code... so I got 30 days as well
- time to download and start playing... where can I start?
- hopefully this is noob friendly

Yeah, once the release date actually comes the real code will come out. Early Access works till the 27th.

You'll start in 1 of 3 the three main cities depending on the class you chose at the beginning.

Munba

The Aether Flow system to be able to fly is nice done because it brings you to explore the area deeply, finding also secret places and caves. The new areas are much more detailed than 2.0 ones and full of landmarks and stuff.

Flying itself is so smooth (unlocked only coerthas so far). °.°

Ennosuke

So I just bought it via Playstation Store and after logging in again it said that it would connect early access and pre order boni with my account. I am not level 50 yet, so of course I can´t enter the new areas, but shouldn´t I be able to create a character with the new race?

Ferr986

Holy fucking hell YoshiP, please I beg you, stop kicking me out of the game just for a lobby error (5006). Fucking tired of introducing my 2 passwords each time.

Teknoman

The Aether Flow system to be able to fly is nice done because it brings you to explore the area deeply, finding also secret places and caves. The new areas are much more detailed than 2.0 ones and full of landmarks and stuff.

Flying itself is so smooth (unlocked only coerthas so far). °.°

Thats what I want to hear.

Also:

Apparently West Coerthas really is the major side of the grassy place we were familiar with. Windmills and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6XobxNr_I

Story is getting interesting, even more so than before since its going in a sorta unpredictable way. The hell happened to dragons that they were pissed off for eons?

EDIT: Did someone say there was a dungeon that wasnt required by story somewhere?

Sophia

Western Coerthas has been my least favorite zone so far. Loving the Dravanian Forelands tho. The Aether Currents system is actually fun here.

MSMrRound

Question: I'm kinda-sorta tempted to get the FFX14 complete edition (both Realm Reborn+Heavensward) for the PS4...however, I'm working retail hours e.g (11am-9:30pm) so I wouldn't really have too much time for it...any advice on whether I'll be able to get my money worth for the little time that I'll be able to spend on it, or am I better off getting another game instead?

King_Moc

Banned
Question: I'm kinda-sorta tempted to get the FFX14 complete edition (both Realm Reborn+Heavensward) for the PS4...however, I'm working retail hours e.g (11am-9:30pm) so I wouldn't really have too much time for it...any advice on whether I'll be able to get my money worth for the little time that I'll be able to spend on it, or am I better off getting another game instead?

If you don't participate in the end game gear grind or raid's then I found it didn't take up that much time. It certainly isn't as hungry for your time as MMO's traditionally are.

Though my playtime is at 45 days :-/

Gridman

Neo Member
I made it to level 10 with my Archer and decided to call it a night (or morning considering the current time). I didn't have as much time to play as I wanted but I'm enjoying the change in class. Tanking felt too much like a leadership role to me and I'm just not leader material. I'm much better at providing support and dealing out damage. I may change my mind later but for now I will work towards Bard and see how that fits on me. Anyway that's enough boring drivel from me. Have fun guys.

apologies for the sale post but want to get rid of it so i can get EU!
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]
US CD key
$40 o/n/o
Includes early access etc.
(remove if not ok.)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Unlocked flying in the second zone and cleared the second dungeon. I'm currently halfway to lv 54 and the next main story quest requires level 54. Time to start doing guildleves/sidequests.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does anyone know where are the leaves in new zones? I have 3 zones unlocked and haven't seen leve npcs anywhere.

Edit:
Oh, you take them in Ishgard...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Currently trying to decide my next best course of activity considering the absolute bonkers mad rush that are the FATE runs at Coerthas, wondering if I should try to rush the rest of my classes up to 30 then level up the new flavor of the months to 50. I'm not even sure I'll have enough time considering people are already posting up that they have level 50 DK's and such.

neoemonk

Bought Heavensward from GMG last night. Got the preorder code and started playing. I'm still working on the main storyline after beating Leviathan and the game is now giving me iLevel 110 gear. This is awesome.

Bittercup

What happens when you have FFXIV on multiple systems but only one upgraded to Heavensward?
I know that if you log out in the new zones you can't log-in on a system without Heavensward.
But what happens if you change your character to Au Ra? Does this essentially lock the character as Heavensward-only? And what if you get an Au Ra retainer?

There's still some things I like to do in the old areas while playing on the Vita but haven't upgraded my PS4 account.

Blitzhex

By microstutter, do you mean how it seemed like the refresh rate was halved if you tabbed away from the window and came back?

I've always ran the game in full screen because of this - this morning I actually had fullscreen behaving like windowed fullscreen (I have a two monitor display) and it was amazing, I came home later and it wasn't doing this anymore.

Anyway a confirmation on this would be sweet. This has always drove me nuts.

No, never got that issue, alt tab regularly in b\l windowed etc. My issue was that the game got tiny rapid stutters randomly while maintaining 60 fps in non-taxing areas in b\l windowed with the dx9 client without ever having alt-tabbed that session. Didn't happen in fullscreen mode. Doesn't happen in b/l windowed anymore with teh dx11 client for me.

Almyn

So, As someone who stopped at lvl 50 and hasn't done any main scenario content from 2.1 onward is it going to be difficult to get through the patch content required for the expansion? I know there is an ilvl requirement for some things

thedan001

So I played this a while ago, my account has almost all jobs 50 including the crafting/gathering with 2 zodiac weapons for bard and ninja, I would probably play machinist if I came back to this

I don't really have a group anymore, is the neogaf FC on Ultros active? I'd be into it maybe (after transferring servers)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So, As someone who stopped at lvl 50 and hasn't done any main scenario content from 2.1 onward is it going to be difficult to get through the patch content required for the expansion? I know there is an ilvl requirement for some things

AFAIK they added gear rewards to quests to carry you through.

Cmagus

Managed to get to 53 yesterday and cleared the Sohm Al dungeon. I'm hoping tonight that the dungeon wait times are better now more people should be up to that point.

The Ravana fight was really good and you can tell the extreme fight will be the new Titan EX.

Teletraan1

Banned

They give you 110 gear along the way so it is super easy. It is just a grind. I played for 12 hours yesterday and I am still not done. I have like 10 quests left.

Kind of deflated my hype for the expansion. In any other MMO when an expansion comes out it is presented with more urgency. Basically forget that old shit, we have new stuff for you to do go go go. From what I have skipped of the story so far this was completely unnecessary to make me go through and even worse forces you to go through old duty finder content when the majority of players are all in the new zones. They could have summed it up in a cutscene.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They give you 110 gear along the way so it is super easy. It is just a grind. I played for 12 hours yesterday and I am still not done. I have like 10 quests left.

Kind of deflated my hype for the expansion. In any other MMO when an expansion comes out it is presented with more urgency. Basically forget that old shit, we have new stuff for you to do go go go. From what I have skipped of the story so far this was completely unnecessary to make me go through and even worse forces you to go through old duty finder content when the majority of players are all in the new zones. They could have summed it up in a cutscene.

New stuff while generally trivial to veterans is almost uniformly more complex and demanding than everything that came before. They expect you to have played through all the instances and have your feet wet already as it were. It's an expansion, not a replacement.

Teletraan1

Banned
New stuff while generally trivial to veterans is almost uniformly more complex and demanding than everything that came before. They expect you to have played through all the instances and have your feet wet already as it were. It's an expansion, not a replacement.

Titan Hard was harder than any of the primals I have done to this point in the story. No new mechanics or insight has been gained from smacking around leviathan or doing Stormcloak. Then there are all those padding quests. What do they offer the player other than a time sink. My feet are soaked from those quests alright.

When everyone is past where you are you have to either enlist help from your FC who are all mostly doing new content or wait for a half hour for the game to give you a party because nobody is running these old instances. 30m wait for most primals, stuck on the 1 quest I can do until it is complete. What a fun way to spend your time with an expansion.

Almyn

AFAIK they added gear rewards to quests to carry you through.

Good to hear that better gear is given at least. Thanks. I was worried about having to go through duty finder while the majority of players would be working on new stuff. Hopefully it won't be too big a deal as I'm sure there's a lot of returning players like myself who need to finish it also.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Titan Hard was harder than any of the primals I have done to this point in the story. No new mechanics or insight has been gained from smacking around leviathan or doing Stormcloak. Then there are all those padding quests. What do they offer the player other than a time sink. My feet are soaked from those quests alright.

When everyone is past where you are you have to either enlist help from your FC who are all mostly doing new content or wait for a half hour for the game to give you a party because nobody is running these old instances. 30m wait for most primals, stuck on the 1 quest I can do until it is complete. What a fun way to spend your time with an expansion.

It's literally the first day of the expansion and everybody's preoccupied with new things. However the developers have been consistently creating devices to keep old content relevant. Your concerns are not unwarranted but aren't unadressed.

In any other MMO when an expansion comes out it is presented with more urgency. Basically forget that old shit, we have new stuff for you to do go go go. From what I have skipped of the story so far this was completely unnecessary to make me go through and even worse forces you to go through old duty finder content when the majority of players are all in the new zones. They could have summed it up in a cutscene.
This is a Final Fantasy game, which means the story is the most important part. And this story has important political elements that you need to know about, with not only the nations but certain factions within those nations which leads to the events which enable you to go to Ishgard, capital of a nation that does not like outsiders one bit. The story is also very much character based, it has a number of characters that you really need to learn who they are, what their motivations are, and a bit of their history, to understand the situation and the story going forward (and the story seems even more important in Heavensward, as most of the new content is locked behind main storyline quests).

What I'm saying is, it'd need one hell of a cutscene to get you started.

Top Bottom