• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

I really wish HQ food lasted longer, even if it's just another 10 minutes and not the 2x FFXI had.

30 minutes is a really awkward time for most dungeon runs. Usually have to repop right before the last boss. Or maybe I just misjudge those last 4-6 minutes.

Ken

I really wish HQ food lasted longer, even if it's just another 10 minutes and not the 2x FFXI had.

30 minutes is a really awkward time for most dungeon runs. Usually have to repop right before the last boss.

There was a time when food went away on death.

I don't think the accuracy cap for not-raid stuff is any higher than base accuracy?

I think people are generally geared adequately for your average leveling dungeon to the point where they don't miss at all, whereas depending on your 50/60 gear set, you could get some misses in raids (a BLM friend had Flare miss and was temporarily stunned lol)

rip maint, time to go join my lil bro in Skyforge.
I want to play more of this, but there's no one to play with at 7k+ prestiege and I hate soloing dungeons alone. It's not hard, it's just not worth the effort.

I solo'd an Impossible Thais Temple on Necromancer and it took way too long and I died like 5 times.

Ken

Yeah, I was there for that. I don't see how adding a few more minutes is going massively crash the food market or break the game.

I can usually finish most dungeons under one food so idk, I never found it too awkward. If the run is super slow then I'd probably need to consume a second food even if you increased the duration an extra 5 or 10 minutes.

I think people are generally geared adequately for your average leveling dungeon to the point where they don't miss at all, whereas depending on your 50/60 gear set, you could get some misses in raids (a BLM friend had Flare miss and was temporarily stunned lol)

What I'm saying is you wouldn't miss even if you were naked so accuracy food isn't needed for leveling dungeons. I'd maybe pop some cheap DPS stat food that nets me like 1 or 2 more points of DPS but I mainly just want the 3% exp.

grimmiq

Anyone have links to a decent DRG rotation? Only hitting 850ish with no food/party buffs on a 50 dummy in a 3min test, seems low for ilvl183 (no hive weapon yet).

I can usually finish most dungeons under one food so idk, I never found it too awkward. If the run is super slow then I'd probably need to consume a second food even if you increased the duration an extra 5 or 10 minutes.
Okay? Like are you really going to debate with me over food timers?

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but if tonight's patch had "Extended the length of high quality food timers to 40 minutes", I don't think anyone here would complain or even bring it up.

Kenai

I usually buy button mushroom saute? for my lowbies. i think it's a few hundred gil per and has like 10 determine + other stuff on it.

Or if you want really cheap i think the starting town vendors sell boiled eggs or you can make those yourself with vendor stuff from the cul guild.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
For leveling I just buy whatever's the cheapest and would work on my current class. Doing it only for the 3% exp bonus anyway.

I usually buy button mushroom saute? for my lowbies. i think it's a few hundred gil per and has like 10 determine + other stuff on it.

Or if you want really cheap i think the starting town vendors sell boiled eggs or you can make those yourself with vendor stuff from the cul guild.
Button mushroom sautes are my jam for leveling, I use it on everything.

I have a hodgepodge of stuff at 60 that I use for whatever reason though, mostly HQ. I think I eat it out of habit thanks to FFXI. It's probably useless in EXDR, lol, but I like to pretend I just ate a red curry bun of awesome.

Kenai

Button mushroom sautes are my jam for leveling, I use it on everything.

I have a hodgepodge of stuff at 60 that I use for whatever reason though, mostly HQ. I think I eat it out of habit thanks to FFXI. It's probably useless in EXDR, lol, but I like to pretend I just ate a red curry bun of awesome.

I slowly went rhough all that quest food i got leveling while running EXDR for gear n stuff, or as a pinch when i run out of real food on stuff that actually might be dangerous.

Not sure if they fixed it for HW but in ARR the top of the line food was actually kinda useless since no one could actually hit the stat caps on them at the time they came out + they were so expensive to make for the effort put in. By the time you had the gear that could use the food to it's worthwhile potential you didn't need it...

chiliboy

For leveling I just buy whatever's the cheapest and would work on my current class. Doing it only for the 3% exp bonus anyway.

Thank you :)

The ishgard vendor has ~40-50 food for like 500g and under, that's what I generally use, the DPS one is like 16det 10vit 10crit or something like that, it's not great but it costs like 400g so who cares, I just use them pretty much non stop, even when doing mark bills or fates or whatever. Also has a bunch of other type of food, the gathering ones are pretty decent. Crafting one sucks though, only one choice and it's a pure control food, the "best" is the 16CP garbage you can buy in the Gold Saucer, and it's pretty far from actual good crafting food(but it costs like 24g, so it doesn't really hurt either).

Ken

Okay? Like are you really going to debate with me over food timers?

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but if tonight's patch had "Extended the length of high quality food timers to 40 minutes", I don't think anyone here would complain or even bring it up.

I wouldn't complain about it but at the same time it just seems like a super arbitrary thing to even bring up in the first place?

Like, why stop at 40 minutes and just go 60 minutes so I can cover two dungeons with one food, or half to most of a raid lockout? Why not just time food to an entire raid lockout since that's where they're most used anyways, if we're going for the convenience angle.

30 minutes is a really awkward time for most dungeon runs. Usually have to repop right before the last boss. Or maybe I just misjudge those last 4-6 minutes.

The level sync of FATEs in the areas surrounding Ishgard has been increased from three levels higher than the recommended level to four levels higher.

Experience awarded by FATEs in the areas surrounding Ishgard has been increased by 50%.

The difficulty of FATEs based on the previous number of participants has been adjusted. In the event a significant amount of time is required to complete a FATE, or players fail to complete it, the strength of enemies will be reduced when the FATE next appears.

[2.0][3.0] Item level 180 PvP gear has been added.

despicable-me-dance.gif

chrono01

BLM changes:

Thundercloud ・Chance to activate the effect of Thundercloud has been increased from 5% to 10%.

Thunder ・Damage over time potency has been increased from 35 to 40.
・Potency when triggering Thundercloud has been increased from 240 to 270.

Thunder II ・Damage over time potency has been increased from 35 to 40.
・Potency when triggering Thundercloud has been increased from 295 to 330.

Thunder III ・Potency has been increased from 60 to 70.
・Damage over time potency has been increased from 35 to 40.
・Potency when triggering Thundercloud has been increased from 340 to 390.

Enochian ・Reusing the action Enochian while still under its effect will now reset the timer to 30 seconds.

Yay, Thunder is still, more-or-less, useless. \o/

Also, the Enochian change really...doesn't help much...at all? I mean, out of all of my time playing, even after immediately receiving the ability, I never once found myself in a situation where I casted it while the buff was still active. By the time the duration is a problem, it falls off naturally during the Umbral Ice rotation, even if I needed to move/deal with mechanics. If I ever did feel the need to refresh it early, say after the second refresh so I could get another entire Fire IV rotation out of it, the ability wasn't off CD anyway.

So nothing new for us, really. :/

Rektash

Those Dragoon buffs :D.

BLM and AST buffs look substantial!

I hope everyone enjoys grinding dungeons, because that'll be back!

New endgame iLevel will be 210.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Also, the Enochian change really...doesn't help much...at all? I mean, out of all of my time playing, even after immediately receiving the ability, I never once found myself in a situation where I casted it while the buff was still active.
I did that a few times by mistake, but that's about it.

I completely forgot that higher level tomes had a weekly limit. The amount received from each roulette means a lot of grinding the same stuff, yay.

fedexpeon

Banned
I wonder how big Alex Savage will be, adding a couple more levels?
Thanks goodness it is a mixed of gear drop+token system unlike normal.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I wonder how big Alex Savage will be, adding a couple more levels?
Thanks goodness it is a mixed of gear drop+token system unlike normal.

Exactly the same and tokens are separated by turn meaning you can't just beat A1 8 times and get the weapon, it has to be A4.

Tabris

OK, did they add esoteric weapons or am I blind?

Esoteric Weapons upgraded via the Illuminati Gobdip, which requires 4 tokens from Alex Savage 4, are the same strength as the Alex Savage 4 weapons.

Rektash

BLM changes:

Thundercloud ・Chance to activate the effect of Thundercloud has been increased from 5% to 10%.

Thunder ・Damage over time potency has been increased from 35 to 40.
・Potency when triggering Thundercloud has been increased from 240 to 270.

Thunder II ・Damage over time potency has been increased from 35 to 40.
・Potency when triggering Thundercloud has been increased from 295 to 330.

Thunder III ・Potency has been increased from 60 to 70.
・Damage over time potency has been increased from 35 to 40.
・Potency when triggering Thundercloud has been increased from 340 to 390.

Enochian ・Reusing the action Enochian while still under its effect will now reset the timer to 30 seconds.

Yay, Thunder is still, more-or-less, useless. \o/

Also, the Enochian change really...doesn't help much...at all? I mean, out of all of my time playing, even after immediately receiving the ability, I never once found myself in a situation where I casted it while the buff was still active. By the time the duration is a problem, it falls off naturally during the Umbral Ice rotation, even if I needed to move/deal with mechanics. If I ever did feel the need to refresh it early, say after the second refresh so I could get another entire Fire IV rotation out of it, the ability wasn't off CD anyway.

So nothing new for us, really. :/

Umm. You get double the amount of thundercloud procs you currently have (5% -> 10%) with additional increased potency for all thundercloud procs as well as an overall thundercloud dot dmg increase.

Top Bottom