• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

chrono01

I completely forgot that higher level tomes had a weekly limit. The amount received from each roulette means a lot of grinding the same stuff, yay.
Yeah, time to go for that weekly limit again, haha.

But yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the BLM changes. Aside from the first rotation, I'll never see myself using Thunder for anything since, even with the change to Enochian, I'll never be in the situation where I'd want to waste a GCD on it, not with the tight restriction already on keeping Enochian up. The "refresh of Enochian to 30s" doesn't help this, since even if you opted to go two full rotations with Fire IV/Thunder proc's, with the plan to refresh Enochian during the second Umbral Ice phase, it wouldn't be off CD anyway. Unless they removed Thunderstruck from the GCD, so I can easily fast it in-between Fire IV/Fire I with absolutely no delay, it seems like it will be restricted to first phase rotations [and if Enochian should ever fall off early and I'm forced to return to 2.0's rotation].

Thanks, SE. :/

Umm. You get double the thundercloud procs you currently have with additional increased poetency as well as an overall thundercloud dot dmg increase.
The issue wasn't us not getting the Thundercloud proc, it was us not being able to use them during our second Fire IV rotation, thanks to it being on the GCD and the already tight restriction on Enochian. :(

Frumix

Suffering From Success
OK, did they add esoteric weapons or am I blind?

Esoteric Weapons upgraded via the Illuminati Gobdip, which requires 4 tokens from Alex Savage 4, are the same strength as the Alex Savage 4 weapons.

AF2 weapons are the Esoterics weapons, not the relic.

OK, did they add esoteric weapons or am I blind?

Esoteric Weapons upgraded via the Illuminati Gobdip, which requires 4 tokens from Alex Savage 4, are the same strength as the Alex Savage 4 weapons.

You are blind. Look at the weapons that don't have "Gordian" as the first word.

Ken

Yeah, time to go for that weekly limit again, haha.

But yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in the BLM changes. Aside from the first rotation, I'll never see myself using Thunder for anything since, even with the change to Enochian, I'll never be in the situation where I'd want to waste a GCD on it, not with the tight restriction already on keeping Enochian up. The "refresh of Enochian to 30s" doesn't help this, since even if you opted to go two full rotations with Fire IV/Thunder proc's, with the plan to refresh Enochian during the second Umbral Ice phase, it wouldn't be off CD anyway. Unless they removed Thunderstruck from the GCD, so I can easily fast it in-between Fire IV/Fire I with absolutely no delay, it seems like it will be restricted to first phase rotations [and if Enochian should ever fall off early and I'm forced to return to 2.0's rotation].

Thanks, SE. :/

The issue wasn't us not getting the Thundercloud proc, it was not being able to use them during our second Fire IV rotation, thanks to it being on the GCD and the already tight restriction on Enochian. :(

I heard DRG is really good.

wink wink

ebil

I'm happy about these AST buffs. I didn't think they'd change Ewer and Spire's effect to Refresh/Regain, which will make them really welcome in every situation. Lightspeed is going to be super useful if only for the reduced MP cost every 150s.

Nocturnal Sect is still underwhelming though, they should probably have at the very least buffed Noct Collective. Pretty certain more adjustments will be coming in the future.

Tabris

Looks like crafted gear is i180 vs i190 before gearing up.

It's definitely going to be used on world firsts / server firsts.

I should have bought up materia. Luckily I didn't sell my level 4 materia from quests.

Rektash

The issue wasn't us not getting the Thundercloud proc, it was us not being able to use them during our second Fire IV rotation, thanks to it being on the GCD and the already tight restriction on Enochian. :(

Maybe there will be rotation adjustments because of increased dmg output by thunder? Dmg for thunder seems to have been buffed by a lot. Time for some damage simulations. I don't know I haven't played BLM in a year.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dragoon
Fang and Claw
・Potency has been increased from 100 to 200.
* Potency when attacking from the rear has not been adjusted.
Wheeling Thrust
・Potency has been increased from 100 to 200.
* Potency when attacking from the rear has not been adjusted.

Is this a mistranslation?

I worded that poorly. I meant those look like Esoteric Weapons (which I wasn't expecting), and the am I blind was a rhetorical question on seeing it right as I didn't believe it.

Ah. Also straight up "buy me" weapons still seems odd, even after the law ones.

Wagram

You know how you can tell this expansion is simply 2.0 repainted?

They made the same damn mistake with the raid weapons. They are the same tier as something else in the game. Do they ever learn?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nah, they made it so DRG's can still do decent damage without the back position being available to them, since I bet there may be situations like that in Savage.

Na, what I mean is that Fang and Claw has a bonus on flank. Wheeling Thrust is back.

chrono01

Maybe there will be rotation adjustments because of increased dmg output by thunder? I don't know I haven't played BLM in a year.
The thing is, unless they reduced the CD on Enochian, or extended the timer after the first refresh, we can't really tweak our rotation. A Thundercloud in the second rotation essentially means one less Fire IV, which is the bulk of our damage. Even if we switched back to Umbral Ice early on during the second rotation, we can't even re-apply Enochian since the CD comes into effect during the third Fire IV rotation.

I'd really like to know what Yoshi-P was thinking with these changes. The Thunder/Thundercloud change fixes nothing, since it's still on the GCD [unless this is one of those unannounced changes] and is still only viable during the first Enochian rotation. Even then I can't see myself using the proc, since my current opener generally leaves me with around 4-5 seconds to refresh Enochian with Blizzard IV before it falls off. The "early refresh" doesn't generally help us, since the only time you can do it is into the third Enochian chain [thanks to the CD], and by then the ability is close to naturally falling off anyway.

I hate to sound entitled, but I didn't expect massive buffs/changes. If they were to extend the Enochian buff by a few seconds for the second/third chain/rotation, as well as increase the duration Astral/Umbral Ice buff by a few seconds [to help with movement], I would have been more than happy with that. No damage increase, just a simple change to help us should we need to become mobile [or if the boss becomes immune/phases out].

I really hope there's not much movement in Alexander Savage, otherwise it's going to be a massive headache for us.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

They made the same damn mistake with the raid weapons. They are the same tier as something else in the game. Do they ever learn?

You can't upgrade Esoterics gear and weapons without raiding to begin with - at the very least for another three months. It's the same system as 2.2 and 2.4, just without the additional UAT ingredient.

Isn't it AF3..? Just saying :p

AF 1 from reaching the job quest to 50 - AF 2 from tomes..AF 3 introduced now

We knew about Esoterics gear being AF2 internally since... uh, August 2013? Mythology gear is just AF1 souped up and recolored.

Unlike 2.0 though, these weapons require raiding to be able to upgrade to the highest tier. If it's anything like SCOB/FCOB (which it will be), then you won't even be upgrading them till t3.

Isn't it AF3..? Just saying :p

AF 1 from reaching the job quest to 50 - AF 2 from tomes..AF 3 introduced now

Except this new gear has always been shown off as being AF2, myth gear was only given it's name because of the players who didn't care what the devs called gear that had not been released yet.

Tash

You can't upgrade Esoterics gear and weapons without raiding to begin with - at the very least for another three months. It's the same system as 2.2 and 2.4, just without the additional UAT ingredient.

We knew about Esoterics gear being AF2 internally since... uh, August 2013? Mythology gear is just AF1 souped up and recolored.

Was just being a pain about the wording ;)

AF1 -> AF2 -> AF3

Instead of

AF -> AF1 -> AF2

:(

Sucks for static-less chumps like me. Ah well...

There's a good chance that this content will not be cleared by non statics, for those people, 200 will be more than enough to continue everything they've been doing and even the occasional pf wipefest for savage.

Wait. So tomestones of esoterics buy ilevel 210 gear?

They buy ilvl 200 gear, you need to raid savage to be able to upgrade it.

I wouldn't complain about it but at the same time it just seems like a super arbitrary thing to even bring up in the first place?

Like, why stop at 40 minutes and just go 60 minutes so I can cover two dungeons with one food, or half to most of a raid lockout? Why not just time food to an entire raid lockout since that's where they're most used anyways, if we're going for the convenience angle.
lol. I'm okay with 60 minutes, I was just throwing out a number.

Really though, there was like zero reason to even be combative with my post, lol.

Tabris

There's a good chance that this content will not be cleared by non statics, for those people, 200 will be more than enough to continue everything they've been doing and even the occasional pf wipefest for savage.

Yes. I do not understand why everyone has to have the best gear in this game. It's nice to have a difference in your character over another if you clear harder content they don't. As long as you don't have their gear holding them back on all the things they would do.

Lanrutcon

They buy ilvl 200 gear, you need to raid savage to be able to upgrade it.

Ah, ok. I don't have an FC so savage is outside my reach. I'm happy with ilvl 200 though. It's nice that the gap between raiders and grinders isn't that bad.

Rektash

Yes. I do not understand why everyone has to have the best gear in this game. It's nice to have a difference in your character over another if you clear harder content they don't. As long as you don't have their gear holding them back on all the things they would do.

People don't enjoy beeing left behind. This is a pretty normal reaction.

Tabris

People don't enjoy beeing left behind. This is a pretty normal reaction.

Left behind on what though? i200 is overkill for all current content besides the raid.

By the time Alex 2.0 rolls around, there will be a normal mode which will have appropriate catch up gear. Then same with Alex 3.0.

Patch 3.1 with 24 man trip to the moooooooooooon can't come soon enough for us chumps lol. If it'll be anything like the CT experience was, they'll toss in the Esoteric upgrade items in there for the masses.

I believe it was a while until the weapon upgrade and/or armour upgrade to show up. It was just the accessory. It was hunting that allowed "chumps" to get those upgrades before then.

Kenai

Well...the AST buffs aren't everything I was hoping for, but what did come was gud.

Lightspeed is legit now, no potency debuff on healing spells and -25% MP cost reduction to all stuff,

Shuffle lower CD is good, Spread outside combat is good, Ewer providing Refresh and Spire providing TP regen seems pretty good although that might not be a buff for using Ewer on BLM.

Spear still too niche and Collective still sucks though. And they didn't mess with Celestial or Noct stance at all. I am guessing they weren't done in time but I kinda wish they would give more context on those + give an ETA.

Rektash

Left behind on what though? i200 is overkill for all current content besides the raid.

By the time Alex 2.0 rolls around, there will be a normal mode which will have appropriate catch up gear. Then same with Alex 3.0.

What has it beeing overkill have to do with anything. This has nothing to do with people beliving they need the gear. At the end of the day people don't like it if they can't get the same stuff other people have.

IMBored

I'm glad DRG got buffs, they really needed them -_-
That said, back to the daily DR for cap life, with the added bonus of Alex normal.

Top Bottom