• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Aeana

The AST changes are a pretty good start, although the collective unconscious change probably won't amount to much. The core problem with that ability being a channeled ability remains.

Just read the patch notes, I like how they felt the need to remind players how Frontlines works again. Pretty sure that's the same ruleset from Slaughter.

They reeeeeeeally need to adjust the reward system though and remove GC locking or included same GC simulations like SWTOR. Frontlines gonna be dead in a month.

Tabris

What has it beeing overkill have to do with anything. This has nothing to do with people beliving they need the gear. At the end of the day people don't like it if they can't get the same stuff other people have.

That's life though. Unless they are Princes of Dubai or Russian Oligarchs (I mention that specifically over Bill Gates and such as they spend their money in most luxurious ways), there's always someone that has more then you.

iammeiam

Stats on aiming gear and the Eso sets for Bard and MCH are pretty unimpressive--surprise surprise--but the biggest travesty is the uselessness of the crafted set for glamour.

Appalling hat choice, SE. Absolutely appalling.

At least they kept the multiple gearsets at max iLevel thing, despite the initial mistranslation making it sound otherwise months ago. Better odds at cobbling something decent together.

Lightspeed ・Now reduces MP cost of spells by 25%
・Reduction to magic potency now only affects attack magic.
・Duration has been reduced from 15 to 10 seconds.
The Ewer ・Effect has been changed from MP cost reduction to MP refresh.
・Duration has been reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.
The Spire ・Effect has been changed from TP cost reduction to TP refresh.
・Duration has been reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.
Royal Road ・Arrow and Spear:
Now doubles the duration of the next card drawn.
・Ewer and Spire:
Now reduces the potency of the next card drawn by 50%, and extends the effect to nearby targets.
Spread ・Can now be used outside of combat.
Shuffle ・Recast time reduced from 90 to 60 seconds.
Collective Unconscious ・Potency of the regen effect from Diurnal Sect has been increased from 150 to 200.
The change to Lightspeed is massive and now ASTs have real OH SHIT heals for it things get hairy besides just Essential Dignity, does it reduce their dps effectiveness? Yes, but like I've always said a Healers first job is to always heal and making them better at healing at the expense of dps is not a bad thing.

Glad to see Spread usable outside of battle because it honestly made no sense why you had to wait till battle started to use it.

Buff changes are great all around and I have no real complaints there.

What has it beeing overkill have to do with anything. This has nothing to do with people beliving they need the gear. At the end of the day people don't like it if they can't get the same stuff other people have.

This happens in every mmo with a gear treadmill though, there will be people who will not be able to get the same things as others. Esoterics will be handout enough as is, why does everyone need to be able to get the same things if most aren't even willing to put in the effort it takes to be up there with raiders? Not everything needs to be handed out, because that is the only way some people will be happy with new things.

raiding in this game with its rewards is as unattractive as it gets. nobody should be jealous.

Tabris

Looks like esoterics will be as grindy as poetics when they first came out. 10 for Trial Roulette, 35 for EXDR. Wonder how much each Alex turn gives as our static has to grind that anyways.

Not looking forward to EXDR's again.

IMBored

Btw, is there any way to upgrade prototype stuff to the 210 gear? It could cost one less token then buying Gordian gear outright, just so we could do anything with it.

Kenai

This happens in every mmo with a gear treadmill though, there will be people who will not be able to get the same things as others. Esoterics will be handout enough as is, why does everyone need to be able to get the same things if most aren't even willing to put in the effort it takes to be up there with raiders? Not everything needs to be handed out, because that is the only way some people will be happy with new things.

Yea this is fine with me too even if I don't get it all. I could almost sort of understand if you couldn't get AF at all since it's the iconic look of the class, but that isn't even the case here. It look exactly the same with the raiding stuff being a higher ilvl and more of the same general stats.

No real sympathy for non raiders here. You get more than enough loot to clear the content you are doing and it looks the exact same. They didn't even pull a WoW and give different colors to the higher tier stuff (unless it is dyable or something when upgraded from this? Probably not, and even if so, oh well)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It only makes sense that the hardest content brings the best rewards and lets people who manage to complete it stand out. That's called a reward.

I think we had this argument before!

Also, I don't expect Alexander to be Savage-hard since it's intended to be farmable as fuck. Probably Coil difficulty after all.

Yea this is fine with me too even if I don't get it all. I could almost sort of understand if you couldn't get AF at all since it's the iconic look of the class, but that isn't even the case here. It look exactly the same with the raiding stuff being a higher ilvl and more of the same general stats.

No real sympathy for non raiders here. You get more than enough loot to clear the content you are doing and it looks the exact same. They didn't even pull a WoW and give different colors to the higher tier stuff (unless it is dyable or something when upgraded from this? Probably not, and even if so, oh well)
Real Gordias and upgraded AF2 sets are both dyable.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It only makes sense that the hardest content brings the best rewards and lets people who manage to complete it stand out. That's called a reward.

Also, I don't expect Alexander to be Savage-hard since it's intended to be farmable as fuck. Probably Coil difficulty after all.

It was never going to be Savage difficulty.

K.Sabot

So many caps to hit in 3.05.

I wonder if I can get my regular Gordian chest before Alexander Normal dies because Esoteric gear.

Tabris

OK, this doesn't make sense to me, the estorics gear for tanks has the following ACC boost:

44 + 44 + 44 + 30 + 41 + 94 + 58. Only Waist + Hands + Legs don't have accuracy. And Weapons. Maybe that's why, but this would still put me at 800+ accuracy.

I wonder how drastic the accuracy cap is in Savage?

Kenai

Ah well that's fine, that's actually how i prefer it. It's nice for raiders to get some type of vanity they can brag about getting for a patch, and in time people who want it for glamour purposes later but aren't into raiding will be able to clear it for their stuff then.

I much prefer this over the monstrous system of those AF1 Alchemy dye sets (and i can actually make those)

And I agree with kagari that there's no way in hell it's gonna be Savage level hard. Abolsutely no way (although it's possible we can expect Echo to stay away from it for a long time)

Aselith

I really wish there was a combined currency page where you could see all currency on you and your retainers. Checking all of them individually is for the birds.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I just noticed, while tanking PVP set is called "of Behemoth King", DRG PVP set is called "of Behemoth Queen".

Uh, thanks.

IMBored

OK, this doesn't make sense to me, the estorics gear for tanks has the following ACC boost:

44 + 44 + 44 + 30 + 41 + 94 + 58. Only Waist + Hands + Legs don't have accuracy. And Weapons. Maybe that's why, but this would still put me at 800+ accuracy.

I wonder how drastic the accuracy cap is in Savage?

Probably over 900.

Tabris

Probably over 900.

OVER 900?!!?

maxresdefault.jpg

Tabris

I personally love the look of PLD AF3. Best ones are definitely the following (that I can see so far from the screenshot):

MNK, NIN, BRD, PLD

The BLM, SMN, SCH ones look so bad. WHM and WAR isn't that bad.

Ew the ASTs Welkin Robe has a focus on Critical Hit rate compared to the Gordian Gown of Healing which is spell focus.

Guess I'm never touching Welkin Robe because I don't like to be beholden to something like Crit. Heals.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ew the ASTs Welkin Robe has a focus on Critical Hit rate compared to the Gordian Gown of Healing which is spell focus.

Guess I'm never touching Welkin Robe because I don't like to be beholden to something like Crit. Heals.

Crit is good for AST thoughhhhhh

Kenai

The AST changes are a pretty good start, although the collective unconscious change probably won't amount to much. The core problem with that ability being a channeled ability remains.

Yea I was hoping they'd make the CD super short so that we'd basically be able to take big hits anytime with it (in exchange for no casting or moving or anything). But that would only be good in Noct stance.

Not really sure what to do with that move (or Celestial besides make that CD shorter, 2.5 min for that is ridiculous).

Ken

Number of tokens needed for your guaranteed Gordian gear seems unnecessarily high. No point in withholding your guaranteed drop from An for over a month in most cases.

By the time you get enough tokens they'll probably be nice for the alt job.

Kenai

So I had no idea what Welkin meant.

Welkin is an archaic, English term; it refers to the sky, the upper air, the firmament, the heavens or the Celestial sphere. Especially the highest celestial sphere i.e. the empyrean.

Cool

The tokens for Savage sound bad. 2 months of clearing Floor 4 to get a guaranteed weapon.

At least you won't be bored with nothing to do and all maxed out!

Evil genie wish granting at its finest.

Tabris

The tokens for Savage sound bad. 2 months of clearing Floor 4 to get a guaranteed weapon.

Honestly, the coffers should have been tokens and for it to be a 1:1 ratio. So you can spread out your gear among your group / static.

They designed the current token systems around playing with strangers instead of with static mates.

Top Bottom