• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The Order of Twin Adder is victorious!

And Seal Rock rewards exactly the same amount of EXP/marks as the previous FL!
Ain't it great?!!!!

The crafting stuff looks like a disaster, you need scrips for the mats, you need reduced high tier sands for everything, you need ephemereal node hidden mats for most of the stuff, you need new materials from those new nodes gatherers need scrips for. You can instead buy gear with scrips, but it's unmeldable so it's quite possibly worse than the crafted gear with full melds, and even if you use scrips to buy gear it takes 9weeks of capped scrips to afford the set+main hand for ONE class, assuming you don't use any scrips on other stuff.

I don't know, maybe it'll settle down, but it looks like a big mess. On top of that the new craftable combat sets reuse existing models(they're basically all using the 1star 60 chests you could already make at a fraction of the price, so there's 0 glamour market there), and considering how ridiculous the prices will be, I'm not sure anyone will bother when Law gear is so easy to farm. Even accessories I don't know if people will bother this time around.

Oh you also need FC3s and MCs for about everything, which is great since nothing in heavensward seems to desynth into them.

On the combat side though, a big plus is the weapons for esoterics are only 990, instead of 1300 like they used to be, and don't require a raid drop to make on top of the raid drop to upgrade. So basically the only thing you need is 3weeks of eso, get some leftover and you get a weapon better than RavEX.

BadRNG

Does anyone know how melded PvP gear stats compare to similar normal-battle crafted? With them both being 180 this time I am curious how it stacks up, if I remember right they changed it so morale doesn't hurt the stat allocation as much at some point.

The crafting stuff looks like a disaster, you need scrips for the mats, you need reduced high tier sands for everything, you need ephemereal node hidden mats for most of the stuff, you need new materials from those new nodes gatherers need scrips for. You can instead buy gear with scrips, but it's unmeldable so it's quite possibly worse than the crafted gear with full melds, and even if you use scrips to buy gear it takes 9weeks of capped scrips to afford the set+main hand for ONE class, assuming you don't use any scrips on other stuff.

I don't know, maybe it'll settle down, but it looks like a big mess. On top of that the new craftable combat sets reuse existing models(they're basically all using the 1star 60 chests you could already make at a fraction of the price, so there's 0 glamour market there), and considering how ridiculous the prices will be, I'm not sure anyone will bother when Law gear is so easy to farm. Even accessories I don't know if people will bother this time around.
I have no idea what the hell they are doing. The solution to crafting gear being too strong is apparently making it even more expensive? I cannot even imagine how much these items will cost. Most of the pieces require at least 150+ worth of red scrip mats, not even considering how expensive the gathering mats will be. Glamor market will be dead but hardcore raider market will likely still be there. Going to be really hardcore though to justify these prices.

As for melded vs red scrip, red scrip is higher ilevel but only 10. Not sure if it will match or not.

Lanrutcon

Does anyone know how melded PvP gear stats compare to similar normal-battle crafted? With them both being 180 this time I am curious how it stacks up, if I remember right they changed it so morale doesn't hurt the stat allocation as much at some point.

I have no idea what the hell they are doing. The solution to crafting gear being too strong is apparently making it even more expensive? I cannot even imagine how much these items will cost. Most of the pieces require at least 150+ worth of red scrip mats, not even considering how expensive the gathering mats will be. Glamor market will be dead but hardcore raider market will likely still be there. Going to be really hardcore though to justify these prices.

As for melded vs red scrip, red scrip is higher ilevel but only 10. Not sure if it will match or not.

You know who wins with the new crafting update?

Gold sellers.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Let's see how you like exdr after running the same 2 dungeons for a couple of months :D. I guess it's still better than just running Brayflox hard!
Lol, I like Neverreap and FC.

Also it seems i180 is not enough to clear A1 Savage miniboss Faust :lol

How is having options, antiquated. It's not my fault they decided that every MMO that came out in recent years has to be for dummies. I prefer to have options and make my own decisions when it comes to my char and I miss that, badly. There is always room for a mix between the "old school" systems and the system that is gated and railroaded imo. And no, the crafted gear/materia system is not cutting it in that regard.

Anyway, it's what it is. I just realized I really start to miss that old system.

SE likes to babysit us at every step. if they ever introduce gear choice, you can bet they will autoequip you after a wipe and call it echoequip or some shit.

Looking at the streams, the amount of damage on Savage A1 seems really high. Like T13 high but with a lot of single target stuff too, pretty funny to see, looks like a nightmare to heal.

Arkeband

Banned
I like how Faust is a DPS check for statics.

My static is historically too relaxed with stuff like this, so if this is true then maybe it will push them in the direction of taking it a bit more seriously for the time commitment.

I learned recently that some of them hadn't even done Ultima HM... >_> And our tank hadn't even unlocked Alexander because his ilvl was too low.

Git gud!

Kssio_Aug

I really, REALLY, liked FFXIV, however the subscription fee is too expensive for me. :(
Have they added a yearly sub already? That could be a great deal.

Tash

6.9k dps check sounds rough but I guess with Ravana weapons and a few pieces of eso gear it should be ok.

Non surprising the Lucrezia SCH has right side all crafted gear with vit and acc..

Rektash

It kinda feels like the divide between good and bad players keeps increasing in this game. Nowdays a good dps does twice the dps of a bad player in any given engagement. Has it been always this bad? I don't remember it beeing this significant like a year ago. I swear to god I was outbursting a BLM yesterday on my WHM on EX Bismarck chitin. And no, that wasn't because of me doing particulary well.

Lanrutcon

It kinda feels like the divide between good and bad players keeps increasing in this game. Nowdays a good dps does twice the dps of a bad player in any given engagement. Has it been always this bad? I don't remember it beeing this significant like a year ago. I swear to god I was outbursting a BLM yesterday on my WHM on EX Bismarck chitin. And no, that wasn't because of me doing particulary well.

The game doesn't exactly force people to get better. There's a clear divide between hard and easy content, with little in the middle. If SE actually gated content behind skill checks it would probably force people to get better, but the outcry from the general community would be massive. SE makes more money off the masses than the top 1%, as does almost every MMO.

Stuart444

It's always been like that, it just gets more obvious with time/changes in gear and stuff.

It is just becoming more obvious how many bad dps there are out there compared to the past. Sure we've always gone loldrg and things like that but nowadays it is clear the vast majority of dps honestly have no idea what they are doing and are just pressing buttons.

IvorB

It only took them 15 hours to clear T13 from start of progression to finish.

Amazing.

Didn't many jobs become more complex? Seems like there could be a higher skill ceiling in play.

iammeiam

Given that A1S trash apparently requires twice the raid DPS of Bismarck EX, I'm going to quietly laugh at everyone who treated Bis like an actual real DPS check. Even allowing for the gear upgrades the past month, there's no comparison. Time to figure out how to do like... 500 more DPS myself. Npnp. ;_;

I'm torn on the tokens. 8 for the weapons seems like for-fucking-ever, but to flip it around if RNG blessed you with uncommon luck in FCoB, absolute best case was 8 weeks to outfit everyone in your group with a weapon. Now you can guarantee it. It being shared with other gear keeps it from being ideal--sucks to be the guy RNG refuses to give a chest or weapon to--but I get why they picked 8.

From doing ~30 Rav EX runs the last 3 days and parsing them, the range of dps is insane. Majority of people barely hold 500 for the whole fight. I had no idea dps was so hard in this game or I would have rolled that instead. The skill cap for a good dps seems more than a tank for this game, which is the opposite in most mmos. Darn.

In other news.. I'll be running more Rav EX tonight!

edit: I'd also like to point out how unbelievably hard it is to hold my tongue in groups and not call someone out for their dps. In any other game it's the natural thing to do and then make them git gud or kick them. In this game I risk being banned if I mention I know how much they're doing.

Top Bottom