• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

chiliboy

From doing ~30 Rav EX runs the last 3 days and parsing them, the range of dps is insane. Majority of people barely hold 500 for the whole fight. I had no idea dps was so hard in this game or I would have rolled that instead. The skill cap for a good dps seems more than a tank for this game, which is the opposite in most mmos. Darn.

In other news.. I'll be running more Rav EX tonight!

edit: I'd also like to point out how unbelievably hard it is to hold my tongue in groups and not call someone out for their dps. In any other game it's the natural thing to do and then make them git gud or kick them. In this game I risk being banned if I mention I know how much they're doing.

One of the things I'm going to be afraid of when I hit 60 is my dps not being up to par, since Im in Europe playing on NA server (latency/lag) . Do you think people have bad dps perhaps because they do not have a dps meter and just can't see if they are good or not?

Valnen

It is just becoming more obvious how many bad dps there are out there compared to the past. Sure we've always gone loldrg and things like that but nowadays it is clear the vast majority of dps honestly have no idea what they are doing and are just pressing buttons.
To be honest, action bar bloat is partially to blame for this. There are just way too many skills in the average job's rotation, especially melee. They probably should consolidate/remove some.

One of the things I'm going to be afraid of when I hit 60 is my dps not being up to par, since Im in Europe playing on NA server (latency/lag) . Do you think people have bad dps perhaps because they do not have a dps meter and just can't see if they are good or not?

The gud gaf dps can answer better, but from what I've seen, achieving 600-700 should be extremely easy. Like, that should be the bare minimum. I've seen so many 1% wipes on Bis and Rav in the last few days, and when I look at the chart it's filled with people like 490-520. When I'm gud, I pull those numbers as tank. And we know from the min-maxers that technically I could push out another 1-200 dps.

So we have a tier where people are 850-1k, these are the great players. Then we have a tier that's 600-800, these are the good players. And then we have everyone else, that simply don't know how to adapt their rotation to a fight with mechanics. The problem is that the middle tier is the most rare. I can find 850-1k people in our fc in a second. I can find a hundred of the lower tier in pf. But if I just had one or two of those middle tier people in these runs, it'd be a clear every time. This really has nothing to do with lag. Sekami was lagging like fuck and playing on a PS3 the other day and he was 850+.

This savage dps check I'm reading about this morning seems awesome lol.

chiliboy

The gud gaf dps can answer better, but from what I've seen, achieving 600-700 should be extremely easy. Like, that should be the bare minimum. I've seen so many 1% wipes on Bis and Rav in the last few days, and when I look at the chart it's filled with people like 490-520. When I'm gud, I pull those numbers as tank. And we know from the min-maxers that technically I could push out another 1-200 dps.

So we have a tier where people are 850-1k, these are the great players. Then we have a tier that's 600-800, these are the good players. And then we have everyone else, that simply don't know how to adapt their rotation to a fight with mechanics. The problem is that the middle tier is the most rare. I can find 850-1k people in our fc in a second. I can find a hundred of the lower tier in pf. But if I just had one or two of those middle tier people in these runs, it'd be a clear every time. This really has nothing to do with lag. Sekami was lagging like fuck and playing on a PS3 the other day and he was 850+.

This savage dps check I'm reading about this morning seems awesome lol.

Ah okay, then I wont worry too much.
Though Im playing as a bard.. heh :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I was afraid Faust was going to be as faceroll as he was in normal. Glad it's not the case and it's more like ADS Turn 1 back in 2013.

IvorB

image.php

I was afraid Faust was going to be as faceroll as he was in normal. Glad it's not the case and it's more like ADS Turn 1 back in 2013.
I prefer ADS from turn 2.

Fuck Enrage timer HEALERS PROVE YOUR WORTH AND HEAL THROUGH THE PAIN BARDS DON'T YOU STOP THAT MANA SONG!

iammeiam

I prefer ADS from turn 2.

Fuck Enrage timer HEALERS PROVE YOUR WORTH AND HEAL THROUGH THE PAIN BARDS DON'T YOU STOP THAT MANA SONG!

Gross. Rot pass or you haven't really done T2. AOE heal spam and mana battery isn't challenging! It was nice for DF farming? I guess? But since I don't play for the loot piñata that doesn't do much for me.

Kill all the nodes non-enrage T2 was the most fun T2 in the overgeared echo world.

So does any of the BLM buff effect the new rotation? Is thunder viable now with the buff or are you still better off not using it. for the record I don't have a problem with some skills not being used anymore especially if that's what happened in other mmos

Sorian

Banned
So does any of the BLM buff effect the new rotation? Is thunder viable now with the buff or are you still better off not using it. for the record I don't have a problem with some skills not being used anymore especially if that's what happened in other mmos

If it's going to make you lose enochian or get less Fire IVs out then no, it's still not worth using thundercloud procs. If it lines up where you can sub a thundercloud in for a thunder 1 while waiting for MP to refresh then that's great of course and if you are on your 30 second enochian, you can usually fit in a proc or two and still have time to burn through all your MP and hit blizz IV.

Razzorn34

It's because your regular casual DPS isn't at the edge of their seat trying to push high DPS numbers. They just don't care that much. Most people just wanna play the game and have fun. They definitely aren't going to be measuring their DPS against everyone with a meter.

This is honestly one of my favorite things about this game. I always try to play the best of my ability, but my view is that metagaming parsers just kills any fun. I'm glad that there is a hard stance on not letting the hardcore community rule everything with parsers.

IvorB

If it's going to make you lose enochian or get less Fire IVs out then no, it's still not worth using thundercloud procs. If it lines up where you can sub a thundercloud in for a thunder 1 while waiting for MP to refresh then that's great of course and if you are on your 30 second enochian, you can usually fit in a proc or two and still have time to burn through all your MP and hit blizz IV.

I can't really test at the moment but isn't a Thunder 3 Thundercloud comparable in damage to a fully charged Fire IV?

Edit: Looks like it's 390 now compared to Fire IV at 280 from what I could see on Google. Seems like maybe it could be competitive now with Fire IV...

It's because your regular casual DPS isn't at the edge of their seat trying to push high DPS numbers. They just don't care that much. Most people just wanna play the game and have fun. They definitely aren't going to be measuring their DPS against everyone with a meter.

This is honestly one of my favorite things about this game. I always try to play the best of my ability, but my view is that metagaming parsers just kills any fun. I'm glad that there is a hard stance on not letting the hardcore community rule everything with parsers.

The thing is, to achieve the middle tier, you really don't need to be at the edge of your seat. You just have to understand rotations and cooldowns. If having fun is hitting 1-2-3 and then when you feel like it using a cooldown, you're simply not playing the game right in a group setting. In a solo setting, by all means, but in a group setting you (not actually you, random dps you) need to realize there's expectations from not only your party members but from the game in regards to your performance.

People don't parse to be elitist, people parse to figure out who actually doesn't have a fundamental understanding of the game.

MogCakes

CL is Elysium now? I remember they were on Ultros for a time then they ditched it for Gilgamesh because they wanted better competition or something.

Sorian

Banned
I can't really test at the moment but isn't a Thunder 3 Thundercloud comparable in damage to a fully charged Fire IV?

With the buff, maybe? I still think its not quite there though. My point is still pretty much the same, if thundercloud proc is interfering with enochian staying up, it'll be a net loss. If anything, it might make movement easier for us though which is a plus.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
CL is Elysium now? I remember they were on Ultros for a time then they ditched it for Gilgamesh because they wanted better competition or something.

Yep that's them.

Side note the new weapons are esoterics only, no tomestone needed but still 990 tomes... debating on if I should go for that first then.

Okay next question. What is Fire IV's total potency with the AF3 and Enochian buff? I ask because Thunder III's 380 under the TC proc so if it's lower you would think to replace it but then there's unused mp if you decide to go back to recharge Enochian when you're suppose to. Honestly I don't mind not using thunder myself in the new rotation. Just curious though

IvorB

With the buff, maybe? I still think its not quite there though. My point is still pretty much the same, if thundercloud proc is interfering with enochian staying up, it'll be a net loss. If anything, it might make movement easier for us though which is a plus.

Yeah for sure it would never be good to jeopardise Enochian for it but maybe there is a case to be made for giving it equal or higher priority to Fire IV if it's comparable damage and also free mana-wise. I dunno, would love to have a play around with it and see...

Sorian

Banned
Okay next question. What is Fire IV's total potency with the AF3 and Enochian buff? I ask because Thunder III's 380 under the TC proc so if it's lower you would think to replace it but then there's unused mp if you decide to go back to recharge Enochian when you're suppose to. Honestly I don't mind not using thunder myself in the new rotation. Just curious though

Unfortunately, someone else will have to swing that question for you. I'm not in a position to check anything in game at the moment. I'd be highly surprised if Fire IV potency is less than thunder IIIs with thundercloud. They might be the same though which opens up options. If you are on the 25 second enochian or the 20 second enochian, you will probably be leaving unused MP on the table though to get back into ice stance in time and knock off a blizz IV (or before buff just drops completely on the 20 second one).

Edit: Speaking of, you know what change I would have liked? If my enochian falls up, interrupt my damn cast. Nothing worse than me not noticing and I start a fire IV cast just as enochain falls and the game still lets me complete the whole cast just so nothing can happen.

iammeiam

Yep that's them.

Side note the new weapons are esoterics only, no tomestone needed but still 990 tomes... debating on if I should go for that first then.

990 is interesting since it's three weeks with 360 tomes left over.

Might be able to snag an accessory week one maybe (no idea on the pricing for anything else)? And not delay the weapon out of week three.

Man. EXDR going back to practically mandatory. So much Neverreap in the future.

Sorian

Banned
990 is interesting since it's three weeks with 360 tomes left over.

Might be able to snag an accessory week one maybe (no idea on the pricing for anything else)? And not delay the weapon out of week three.

Man. EXDR going back to practically mandatory. So much Neverreap in the future.

PvP with us Angary, get tomes the cool way.

Does mach share esoterics gear with Bard?

No, this is all AF gear which means it's all job locked. All healers get their own, both casters have different sets, three tank sets, etc.

So there is an esoteric weap.. rav ex worthless confirmed. ; ;

Good luck making any progress in savage during the next 3 weeks with no rav weapon.

Top Bottom