• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Ferr986

Trick Attack; ideally you have a Warrior giving the Slashing Debuff since it's a win/win for individual DPS. Besides that, Goad for the TP starved classes (aka, just Goad the DRK they'll probably need it) and the aggro-control stuff is really nice for some min-max stuff or just peace of mind for letting everyone do all-in openers.

Now I'm noticing I'm probably a terrible NIN.
Never bothered with Goad or the hate abilities (no one never complained or asked me to do it tbh).

I always keep TA, debuff etc etc on check though. Also, have yet to do any Alex rubn, I guess that stuff is more useful there.

iammeiam

Sales for real-world money do happen, but sales for gil are considerably more common and a shitload safer. The gil may originate with RMT, but.

Sales for actual cash are just flat out riskier for the seller; all communication about it would need to happen exclusively outside the game or you get reported.

These things happen, they're just not really worth talking about because there's nothing interesting specifically in the sale aspect. The 7-man aspect is interesting, but that's it.

The idea of buying clears to get your FC leet street cred is probably the most hilariously dumb things I've read recently though, so... There's that, I guess.

Going to guess that Seraph Cane looks amazing, but less piety and crit instead of ss or det? Nope. Gordian Cane or bust.

More for my reference since I'm at work and want to save this to a local doc when I get home:

My preferred i210 WHM build:

WPN: Godian Cane
Head: Orison Hood
Chest: Gordian Gown of Healing
Gloves: Orison Fingerless Gloves
Waist: Fabled Belt of Healing
Legs: Orison Skirt
Feet: Gordian Gambieras of Healing
Neck: Gordian Neckband of Healing
Ear: Fabled Earrings of Healing
Wrist: Gordian Wristband of Healing
Rings: Fabled Ring of Healing/Gordian Ring of Healing

Edit:So the Alex Savage weapon isn't 215? And we have two i210 weapons in the game? So I wonder what ilvl the new Relic is going to be...

iammeiam

Now I'm noticing I'm probably a terrible NIN.
Never bothered with Goad or the hate abilities (no one never complained or asked me to do it tbh).

I always keep TA, debuff etc etc on check though. Also, have yet to do any Alex rubn, I guess that stuff is more useful there.

Oh god. If you're doing a dungeon run with a BRD/MCH/DRG that's spamming AOE, Goad them and they'll love you forever.

I will forgive a ninja basically anything if I get Goad on the large pulls.

fedexpeon

Banned
Are you really trying to defend selling runs for real money or even buying gil? I mean really?

Not defending it if there is a demand for these services within the community itself.
It is normal MMO behavior and a common practice so no point in defending these type of services in the first place.

The original intent was to see what would be the average timeframe for top FC to finish clearing Alex and start selling runs.
This is more interesting to me since it gives you a measurement stick for your own FC/static group progression.

Armaros

Oh god. If you're doing a dungeon run with a BRD/MCH/DRG that's spamming AOE, Goad them and they'll love you forever.

Mouseover goad macros, best way to make tank and dps friends.

pad players: i need help with "expanded hold controls"

basically i just want to put a few abilities in cross hotbar 3. but i want to disable said hotbar, so it's never available when i cycle through bars. i want this hotbar to show when i press L2+R2 simultaneously.

i hope this isn't too confusing :D

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So AST. Lightspeed is good for movement-heavy situations (PVP?) and as an MP conservation tool. However it doesn't come close in effectiveness to Divine Seal/Presence of Mind or Fey Illumination since it does nothing to healing power or recast timer. Changing Spear and Ewer to Goad and Refresh is probably the best idea they have in there. But that's it though. CU is still fundamentally trash as an idea, Disable still procs against auto-attacks and there's still no real ways to buff your healing output. Plus Nocturnal is now even less desirable than before.

AST is probably really great in PVP - healing on the go and handing out Boles and Balances should be a fantastic contribution in that environment. Does Spire work on PVP cooldowns? That'd be a huge deal if they do. Unfortunately you can't pair up Attunement and CU since they have mutually exclusive conditions.

basically i just want to put a few abilities in cross hotbar 3. but i want to disable said hotbar, so it's never available when i cycle through bars. i want this hotbar to show when i press L2+R2 simultaneously.

Check out Set Selection under Hotbar Settings > Cross

MogCakes

On pad all hotbars will always be accessible via L1 + button, there isn't an option to disable them. You can set the L2+R2 hotbar to hotbar 3 from the controls menu in the character configuration screen.

iammeiam

I have my crossbar 7 left and right mapped to L2+R2/R2+L2. I have it as a non-shared bar (so I set skills on 7 manually per-class), and set to disabled when weapon is unsheathed. It's still there, it just takes it out of tapping R1 rotation (I only have 1 and 2 active for that.) So I just toggle between crossbar 1 and 2 with R1, then pull up the extended with L2 and R2 (I have both sides of 7 roughly the same, with a few lesser-used skills different between sides. On the upside I accidentally Bene less. The downside is it occasionally takes me a second longer to find Bene which is not great.)

mhows

Banned
Been learning all I can about this game but still feel like such a noob LOL.

Me too. Hit 50 with my BLM on Sunday and I am still trying to get a grasp on a good rotation (think I found one that works really well, helps when there is another BLM in the party so I can watch him/her to get an idea). Game is so fun. I'm sure we will get good with time. : ) Also I love how nice the community is with helping out. Everyone has been pretty patient so far so the experience has been great! : )

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So if I'm reading this right:

Weapon - 990
Chest/Legs - 825
Head/Hands/Feet - 495
Belt/Accessories - 375

14 weeks to gear out 1 class in Esoterics gear.Just in time for 3.1 to release and than we start replacing it all.....

Hmmm I think I will stick to my plan and not freet over BiS Gear in 3.0 and worry about in 3.1

On pad all hotbars will always be accessible via L1 + button, there isn't an option to disable them. You can set the L2+R2 hotbar to hotbar 3 from the controls menu in the character configuration screen.

thanks. yes, hotbar 3 is on L2+R2. but hotbar 3 also shows up when i cycle through it with R1. that's the problem. when i put skills in, it forces me to cycle through it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Weapon - 990
Chest/Legs - 825
Head/Hands/Feet - 495
Belt/Accessories - 375

14 weeks to gear out 1 class in Esoterics gear.Just in time for 3.1 to release and than we start replacing it all.....

Hmmm I think I will stick to my plan and not freet over BiS Gear in 3.0 and worry about in 3.1

You will not be replacing it until 3.2. 24-man raid will probably introduce i200 gear and that's it.

I have my crossbar 7 left and right mapped to L2+R2/R2+L2. I have it as a non-shared bar (so I set skills on 7 manually per-class), and set to disabled when weapon is unsheathed. It's still there, it just takes it out of tapping R1 rotation (I only have 1 and 2 active for that.) So I just toggle between crossbar 1 and 2 with R1, then pull up the extended with L2 and R2 (I have both sides of 7 roughly the same, with a few lesser-used skills different between sides. On the upside I accidentally Bene less. The downside is it occasionally takes me a second longer to find Bene which is not great.)

oh, i think that solves my problem. thanks! i'm gonna try that later. man, this hotbar stuff sounds complicated when you're trying to explain to someone else (at least to me).

Sorian

Banned

Weapon - 990
Chest/Legs - 825
Head/Hands/Feet - 495
Belt/Accessories - 375

As said, you won't be replacing ilvl 210 gear in 3.1.

So fates seem to had an exp overhaul, Churning Mists is the new N. Thanalan. This is perfect now I can grind BRD (or MCH?) without having to spam just dungeons/roulettes! (all side quest save for a small amount have been done on MNK)

iammeiam

I wonder if the Skillspeed value increase they tried is actually going to be enough to stave off another Demon Tabard of Aiming situation in 3.1. Physical ranged has an embarrassment of Acc this go round, so I could see space for some Crit/Det drops from the new 24-man becoming viable.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
As said, you won't be replacing ilvl 210 gear in 3.1.
Is this an assumption/hunch or did I miss the announcement?

Either way at the very least since my Bard is getting the Relic Weapon in 3.1 I'm not bothering with the Esoterics Weapon.

Sorian

Banned
Is this an assumption/hunch or did I miss the announcement?

Either way at the very least since my Bard is getting the Relic Weapon in 3.1 I'm not bothering with the Esoterics Weapon.

It's the same way the game has been functioning since ARR launched. Even numbered patches have the new high level raid with the new highest level gear, odd numbered patches add a lower level raid and some gear at a lower tier level to help gear up standard players.

my hotbars are totally different for pvp, which makes things even more complicated. it used to be worse with marauder as additional class, lol.

oh yea, i tried the new pvp map.....

ODfV1uK.jpg

a few matches later

looks like the original frontline spirit is still intact. i had plently of smaller skirmishes and many opportunities to pick off stragglers for some 1v1. love it when people look behind just to realize they're all alone. panic mode!

Ferr986

Yeah I probably should do that. I honestly never bothered cause everyone never asked, and I was more focusing on dealing damage. Not a fan of having to think about buffing other characters but well, SE thinks otherwise, considering they added more abilities for that 50-60.
Should have went Monk.

ebil

So AST. Lightspeed is good for movement-heavy situations (PVP?) and as an MP conservation tool. However it doesn't come close in effectiveness to Divine Seal/Presence of Mind or Fey Illumination since it does nothing to healing power or recast timer. Changing Spear and Ewer to Goad and Refresh is probably the best idea they have in there. But that's it though. CU is still fundamentally trash as an idea, Disable still procs against auto-attacks and there's still no real ways to buff your healing output. Plus Nocturnal is now even less desirable than before.

AST is probably really great in PVP - healing on the go and handing out Boles and Balances should be a fantastic contribution in that environment. Does Spire work on PVP cooldowns? That'd be a huge deal if they do. Unfortunately you can't pair up Attunement and CU since they have mutually exclusive conditions.
I'm assuming you mean Spear. It does.

Demoskinos

Yeah I probably should do that. I honestly never bothered cause everyone never asked, and I was more focusing on dealing damage. Not a fan of having to think about buffing other characters but well, SE thinks otherwise, considering they added more abilities for that 50-60.
Should have went Monk.

I love popping Battle Litany for my MNK friends. Mmmmmmh crits are tasty.

Kenai

Then what was AF2 / Myth Gear? AF+1?

AF+1 = recolor of the base AF.

A brand new AF tier = actual design change, like now. Technically this is only AF1 for the 3 new jobs since they got no older set but that is kinda complicated for no good reason so as a whole people just say AF2.

Should have went Monk.

Everyone has something now. NINs always had Goad n now have their hate thingy, MNKs have Mantra (is that it?) DRGs have Litany, SMNs have battle Rez, BLMs have Apo, and of course BRDs and MCHs have lots of stuff.

It's raid utility, and it's a gud thing to have.

Ferr986

I love popping Battle Litany for my MNK friends. Mmmmmmh crits are tasty.

Ah yes, well abilities like that don't bother much. It's more the ones that I have to select a target. Playing with pad and I feel like I slow down my attack rotation just a bit doing it.

Kenai

Ah yes, well abilities like that don't bother much. It's more the ones that I have to select a target. Playing with pad and I feel like I slow down my attack rotation just a bit doing it.

Ah I understand that part. I think there is a macro you can make to help since our NIN seems to be able to Goad our BRD/MCH without missing a beat and I am 99% sure he plays on pad too. I wouldn't know how to set it up though.

Jayhawk

2 weapon damage increase, 9 main stat increase, and whatever secondary stat increases from Esoteric weapon looks to have the best DPS increase/esoterics ratio.

WolvenOne

my hotbars are totally different for pvp, which makes things even more complicated. it used to be worse with marauder as additional class, lol.

oh yea, i tried the new pvp map.....

a few matches later

looks like the original frontline spirit is still intact. i had plently of smaller skirmishes and many opportunities to pick off stragglers for some 1v1. love it when people look behind just to realize they're all alone. panic mode!

Man, I wish I could use one of my Gearset slots just for PVP, giving it it's own unique crossbar and such. Reworking my crossbar whenever I try to PVP is actually one of the main reasons I haven't tried to do it more often.

Jayhawk

Man, I wish I could use one of my Gearset slots just for PVP, giving it it's own unique crossbar and such. Reworking my crossbar whenever I try to PVP is actually one of the main reasons I haven't tried to do it more often.

You can achieve all of the above with macros.

iammeiam

Hmm, I wonder if I should stay bard for raid now... all these groups clearing with bard... what do... /self doubt.

Realistically? You have three weeks to decide; nobody's spending Eso before the weapon, and all the non-Eso stuff is shared, so it's not like what you take in today is what you're stuck with forever.

Bard is probably the safer choice? You guys run double caster so BV Foe Req isn't exactly nothing, it's more flexible with jumps and adds, and you know to play it. MCH is (hopefully) perfectly viable too but I'd expect a steeper learning curve since nine million things to do and Wildfire; literally nothing preventing you from trying both out to see what works.

Bard will remain boring and clunky though.

#unsolicitedadvice

WolvenOne

You can achieve all of the above with macros.

I'll do a google search on the subject when I get home, though right this moment I do not have to knowledge of how to do this. Really it should be something you could do without Macros. <_<;;

Something like, Right Click, Save Gearslot as PVP Gearslot, hotbars will be saved and will not affect other gear slots, or something.

Top Bottom