• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

I may be reaching at this point but I'm at my Time Warner store swapping out modems. I've experienced lag spikes mostly in DF and it happened on my Desktop, Laptop and ps4. I only have issues with this game. Internet is fine outside.

Ken

I still don't get gear crafting in this game. Absolutely nothing is wearable high level except a few random accessories that need insane rng melds to min-max. Why can't there simply be side-upgrade craftables as an alternative to pve?

That's what Esoteric gear are for.

iammeiam

I still don't get gear crafting in this game. Absolutely nothing is wearable high level except a few random accessories that need insane rng melds to min-max. Why can't there simply be side-upgrade craftables as an alternative to pve?

There's crafted left side gear equivalent to the best gear you can get an unlimited amount of. i180 left side unmelded matches upgraded Law gear. Melding could potentially help it edge out Alex Normal gear and, per Jayhawk, in a few edge cases may compete with unupgraded Esoterics stuff. But the goal is to prolong the gear treadmill; letting somebody go out and acquire a full set of crafted i210 is counter to how the game works.

Occasionally crafted hits it big--see most bards in 2.4 rocking Kirimu coat and brais because the rest of our options were awful--but it's pretty much always in service of PVE instead of as an alternative since the only place it's useful is PVE.

fedexpeon

Banned
You need breasts and a 13-year old's voice to get all the thirsty guy's donations. It's crazy how thirsty some of these guys out there are.

Do you have a sister or girlfriend?
Have her be in front of the camera browsing the internet while you play the game instead.
Give her an earplug and tell her to repeat what you are saying, and of course, tell her to stare at the camera and look cute once in a while during down-time.

Hell, I am pretty sure you can go to craiglist and hire a teenager for $9/hr, and tell them that their primary job is to browse the internet for cat pictures.
Creepy? Sure, but both parties win in the end.

The money is too good.
I can't believe why I don't start a twitch channel.
I am XX, and look 18(Asian). I should get a lot of money from the anime streamer right?

Edit: Close one...Revealing age is shameful.

Cmagus

I have never seen an mmo crafting system soley for the purpose of glamour then.
Well some stuff can be crafted for end game and some with over melding can be just as good if not better but most just don't bother.

You also have the issue of item level where it kind of forces you not to kind of skip it since you're not really at one level too long.

I have a weapon now I can meld and it would be better than the next few I'll obtain on the way to my second 60 but because the item level is lower it makes reaching entry requirements very difficult so there is no point.

Allard

Because Yoshida believes you shouldn't be able to use crafted gear as a 'side-grade' for actually completing the toughest content in the game. Crafted gear as such is merely a means of closing gaps in ilvls so that you could be ready to do the higher level content.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I may be reaching at this point but I'm at my Time Warner store swapping out modems. I've experienced lag spikes mostly in DF and it happened on my Desktop, Laptop and ps4. I only have issues with this game. Internet is fine outside.

The problem is likely the way Time Warner routes traffic. I don't think a modem will help, but might as well give it a shot.

Have you tried something like WTFast to redirect the traffic?

Jayhawk

Some simple comparisons for tanks out there between i150 crafted accessories and Alexander normal accessories, since you're unlikely to get esoterics accessories first.

All fending, Alexander normal accessories with one upgraded law fending ring
196 VIT

Mix: 2 slaying accessories from Alexander normal and 3 fending accesories from Alexander normal
80 STR
120 VIT

Mix: 3 slaying accessories from Alexander normal and 2 fending accesories from Alexander normal
120 STR
80 VIT

All crafted i150 slaying accessories with 28 VIT melded onto them
155 STR
140 VIT

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Some simple comparisons for tanks out there between i150 crafted accessories and Alexander normal accessories, since you're unlikely to get esoterics accessories first.

All fending, Alexander normal accessories with one upgraded law fending ring
196 VIT

Mix: 2 slaying accessories from Alexander normal and 3 fending accesories from Alexander normal
80 STR
120 VIT

Mix: 3 slaying accessories from Alexander normal and 2 fending accesories from Alexander normal
120 STR
80 VIT

All crafted i150 slaying accessories with 28 VIT melded onto them
155 STR
140 VIT

You are like that guy that kept trying to sell me a vaccum cleaner.
You cleaned that spot off my floor, now get out of my house!

Jayhawk

You are like that guy that kept trying to sell me a vaccum cleaner.
You cleaned that spot off my floor, now get out of my house!

95% of GAF is too poor to buy anything I make, so I am not even trying to sell. Just doing the math for also the 95% of GAF that can't seem to do math.

Sorian

Banned
I love how Korra was all innocent there and was "Guys, we can make the same money streaming!" lol

I'm sure someone in this thread would look good in a low cut top and a push-up bra so someone is probably able to make that cash if they wanted to string some randoms along and not put too much thought into what they may or may not be doing on their side of the monitor.

Game streaming culture is very weird to me sometimes.

95% of GAF is too poor to buy anything I make, so I am not even trying to sell. Just doing the math for also the 95% of GAF that can't seem to do math.

95%? So you finished your forbes list with all of our net worths listed?

aceface

Except that everyone in this instance was responding to somebody debating BRD vs MCH, not BRD vs straight DPS, so none of that was relevant. The discussion was between support classes, not support and non-support, so the DPS ceiling concern had nothing to do with it.

I'm sorry, I didn't see MCH mentioned.

Really want to give it a try when I get home, though I probably won't rework my crossbar set-up for the first few rounds. Need to decide it's worth doing repeatedly first. XD

I'd put it this way: Its really fun if people know what they're doing, otherwise its just a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Jayhawk

That's what the vacuum salesmen always say.
How much you selling your accessories for anyway?

I don't even sell anything. Ask Exelon. "Natasha, make me crafted gear and I will pay you." "No, too lazy to make stuff I don't already have mats for."

i150 accessories are super cheap to make anyways. Probably like less than 100k in material cost per accessory. I am assuming a few people already bought up all the Vitality IVs and IIIs that were at decent prices though.

I just hate math and choose to ignore it in this game. All I need to know is i190 > i180, and Piety +37 > Piety +32. Stuff like that. When I started seeing equations on some BiS sites and discussions, I bailed out.

Also this one guy on stream sounds like punch.

iammeiam

Jayhawk if I Fantasia bet you back into a Lalafell do I get a discount on crafting services?

Gotta make up my missed Alex week somehow.

I'm sorry, I didn't see MCH mentioned.

Everyone was quoting Kagari debating going back to bard for raid. There was no outright "instead of MCH" statement, but context.

I dunno, it was mostly annoying and confusing because I think there's solid discussion to be had about the individual utility of the classes in Savage but instead of the actual issue it was just a rush of weird responses.

Jayhawk

Are people melding whatever grade 5 materia existed to the crafted stuff or just sticking to the old materia only?

You can only meld tier V materia on i160+ and above. i150 accessories can't hold Vs.

What is the base accuracy of healers now? I wonder what kind of gear sets DPS healers would be rocking to up their accuracy.

Jayhawk if I Fantasia bet you back into a Lalafell do I get a discount on crafting services?

Gotta make up my missed Alex week somehow.

Why would the possibility of losing 5-6 STR want me to give discounts?

My policy for crafting has always been give mats and whatever tip, and I'll make the item... even if we're starting from the base materials and turning them into nuggets, leathers, silks, etc. If you try to sell that shit for profit without giving a heads up, I cut you off. Want me to have all the materials already and craft you something? You better hope I am not feeling lazy that evening.

The problem is likely the way Time Warner routes traffic. I don't think a modem will help, but might as well give it a shot.

Have you tried something like WTFast to redirect the traffic?

Yup and I still get lag spikes. Like I said I'm probably reaching but it's free to swap so why not. To go further into it the problems started after they(Time Warner) performed maintenance like a week or 2 after it came out and it hasn't been right since

Sorian

Banned
zzzzzzz, where's the A3 clear? This is taking far to long. These world first groups getting distracted by the jiggle physics on that ass.

See there has to be something in it for me if I win. I've been a cat, I know the pain of that terrible jump and those sad emotes all too well.

I've never been a lalafell before and I'd probably have to delete my account in shame if it ever happened. I can't imagine anything more rewarding for everyone involved.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yup and I still get lag spikes. Like I said I'm probably reaching but it's free to swap so why not.

Do you use an all-in-one modem router combo, or do you have a proper network with decent hardware?

I noticed a difference when I dropped my ISP provided combo box for actual networking hardware.
It also solved the NAT issue I was having on consoles.

What is the base accuracy of healers now? I wonder what kind of gear sets DPS healers would be rocking to up their accuracy.

Since I'm bad at math and don't care, all I know is that my i180 build pre-alex (using Yasha and Asuran rings + ravex weapon) was 354 accuracy on WHM/SCH I believe. So SCH are probably going to once again want that extra ACC.

zzzzzzz, where's the A3 clear? This is taking far to long. These world first groups getting distracted by the jiggle physics on that ass.

I haven't seen any A3 Savage streams yet. Most I've seen is ZERO's A2 Savage stream, they've been on it for awhile now. http://www.twitch.tv/dubtechnic

Sorian

Banned
Why would the possibility of losing 5-6 STR want me to give discounts?

My policy for crafting has always been give mats and whatever tip, and I'll make the item... even if we're starting from the base materials and turning them into nuggets, leathers, silks, etc. If you try to sell that shit for profit without giving a heads up, I cut you off. Want me to have all the materials already and craft you something? You better hope I am not feeling lazy that evening.

Honest question, if I was ever hit up for money bad but I could swing mats, would you even let me sell something you made?

Do you use an all-in-one modem router combo, or do you have a proper network with decent hardware?

I noticed a difference when I dropped my ISP provided combo box for actual networking hardware.
It also solved the NAT issue I was having on consoles.

Yes I used a modem router combo that they issued to me. Are saying I should get a normal modem or should I do something with what I have

Sorian

Banned
Depends on the market of that item and how increasing the supply would affect future sales I may be looking to make.

Fair answer. I'll be over here controlling the chimera mane market and making pennies until it eventually disappears.
Nothing to spend my gil on anyway

WolvenOne

Fair answer. I'll be over here controlling the chimera mane market and making pennies until it eventually disappears.
Nothing to spend my gil on anyway

Shouldn't take long, the way the market is behaving I suspect more and more people are entering those markets every day.

fedexpeon

Banned
Yes I used a modem router combo that they issued to me. Are saying I should get a normal modem or should I do something with what I have

If you are using TWC for more than 3yrs ago, they probably gave you a crappy router that can't handle their new infrastructure.
Beside, it is cheaper to buy your own so you don't pay them $6/month leasing fee.
Fucking retarded.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MA5U1FW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I am using this with my TWC 200Mbps plan.
Or you can call them to upgrade your box and keep on leasing...but why though?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Best case: get rid of that unit and have them issue you a modem only (or buy a modem only 3rd party that is compatible with your internet type).

Worst case: Put that combo unit into transparent bridge mode (it will act like a modem only at this point) and then use a quality router to do your routing.

Ken

I've never been a lalafell before and I'd probably have to delete my account in shame if it ever happened. I can't imagine anything more rewarding for everyone involved.

Thought you were into short girls.

If you are using TWC for more than 3yrs ago, they probably gave you a crappy router that can't handle their new infrastructure.
Beside, it is cheaper to buy your own so you don't pay them $6/month leasing fee.
Fucking retarded.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MA5U1FW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I am using this with my TWC 200Mbps plan.
Or you can call them to upgrade your box and keep on leasing...but why though?

Best case: get rid of that unit and have them issue you a modem only (or buy a modem only 3rd party that is compatible with your internet type).

Worst case: Put that combo unit into transparent bridge mode (it will act like a modem only at this point) and then use a quality router to do your routing.

Well I guess. I have a router hooked up to the modem as well and I believe all of the seven possible ports are filled. I guess some of this stuff is gonna have to be put on wifi like my Wii U and ps3 and possibly my laptop.

Top Bottom