• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

So I did contact square and they gave me their tsp port numbers to port forward. Then I called Time Warner and they port forward it for me. If this doesn't work then I'll get a new modem(that's only a modem). If that doesn't work then I'll concede that it's Square

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wanted to try the new Frontlines, but I fell asleep after doing the Ex roulette.
Are the waiting times still abysmal?

Kssio_Aug

Even the $13 subscription?

To my conditions, unfortunately yes. I'm finishing college, and I do like to spent some money in different games aswell, so an additional 13 dollars every month is kind heavy sometimes.

But,at the end of the year I'll see if I come back at it again! To me, GW2 and FFXIV are the best MMOs out there.

hamchan

The greatest feeling is when you're top DPS in a primal where the healers die in turns and the tanks are responsible for that, but you get no comms o/

I wonder how many people actually take notice of commending. I know I only bother to do it to fill out my challenge log. Heck, in most dungeons people just leave before you can commend them.

I was healing through the instance thats a castle filled with dragons maybe 4 months ago. When we got to the first boss we died two times before killing it. I took shit from this guy that fancied himself a "pro". I tried to tell him that the tank died in 3 hits ( we all knew about swinge). He said,"so heal in advance before he takes hits!" Trying to tell me how to heal like it was my first time. This pattern repeated itself until we were in the hallway to the final boss and i looked at the tanks buffs. I typed with clammy palms " tank do you have shield oath on"
He put it on and said "i do now"
The "pro" didnt give me any apology for bitching at me for 40 minutes, and the furious nonstop healing i was put through the whole time (managed to even beat the second boss without dying) when it wasnt even my fault, we finished the run in silence.
I just wanted to tell this to somebody.

I wonder how many people actually take notice of commending. I know I only bother to do it to fill out my challenge log. Heck, in most dungeons people just leave before you can commend them.

I usually try to give it to someone unless everyone's REALLY quick getting out lol

For things like primals where there's not really much talking, it's a convenient way of expressing appreciation for someone's nice play

Squishy3

This has been my problem since week 2 of the expansion.
I hadn't noticed it (at least, not to a super noticeable degree) but saw people sliding all over the place in Ravana EX a couple of days ago (leading to some heart attacks during orbs) and was doing A1 tonight and the mobs and other players were freezing for 10-15 seconds at a time. Easily the worst I've ever seen it.

Tabris

We only had 10 quick minutes at end of night and got a chance to quickly try twice but Faust DPS check is real. 3% before that pressure enrage. No one was using pots or good food yet, and our potential new BRD doesn't have Rav weapon yet, and we were rolling with an AST stranger who won't DPS as high as a SCH. But with all those excuses aside, it's going to be a good gatekeeper for a bit, you definitely gotta hit 7000-7100 DPS to clear.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
We only had 10 quick minutes at end of night and got a chance to quickly try twice but Faust DPS check is real. 3% before that pressure enrage. No one was using pots or good food yet, and our potential new BRD doesn't have Rav weapon yet, and we were rolling with an AST stranger who won't DPS as high as a SCH. But with all those excuses aside, it's going to be a good gatekeeper for a bit, you definitely gotta hit 7000-7100 DPS to clear.

Much less. Overall DPS gets padded to hell and back with AOE abilities. We have it around 6800 and clear comfortably but in reality it's probably at least 400 less on Faust himself.

I pvp'd all day today, feels good. I had so much fun. Getting kills on PLD is pretty easy given how tanky you are combined with the new damage rotations at 60. I really enjoy those chances you get 1v1ing a DPS and watch them drop without even getting you below half. Physical DPS anyway.

That Push Back buff is really nice.

I bet WAR is even more fun to play in Frontlines, but mine's only 41.

Tabris

Much less. Overall DPS gets padded to hell and back with AOE abilities. We have it around 6800 and clear comfortably but in reality it's probably at least 400 less on Faust himself.

Well with BRD, SMN, BLM, MNK combo, that's the DPS we are seeing that's needed if you include the AOE abilities.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I haven't really had long waits recently (ninja) for roulettes or DF stuff in general, outside of really early morning hours. Sometimes I even get instant pops, which shocks me lol
Yeah, waiting times are surprisingly short now, even for ranged DPS (thanks to BRDs changing jobs?), but this won't make me forget 2 hours waiting for Ifrit/Ramuh Extreme or for T9. :(

The thing I hate about Vault being a healer is that I'll go though the whole thing, working my ass of stance dancing and carrying players who are not great and mechanics like the portals of the second boss, but especially at the last boss. The DPS at the last boss tend to wipe the party by not avoiding horsies or AOEs and collecting heavy debuff like its candy. Its infuriating and I hate losing my commendations because it's so easy to blame the healer.

Did a traceroute and brought it up with Time Warner

Basically, what I'm seeing is that we are constantly dropping some packets on that server, which may be causing it to slow down with the subsequent need to request the information again, which may, in turn, be causing your latency.

At least I know officially what end it's on

Keyouta

My WHM is level 46 right now, and I don't have swiftcast. I know I should eventually get it, but is it alright to get to 50 before focusing on leveling a Thaumaturge to 26? I realize it's useful, but I'd just rather get to 50 first.

My WHM is level 46 right now, and I don't have swiftcast. I know I should eventually get it, but is it alright to get to 50 before focusing on leveling a Thaumaturge to 26? I realize it's useful, but I'd just rather get to 50 first.
You'd probably be fine but it is super useful in parties, even low level ones. You could get Swiftcast in a couple hours honestly.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You'd probably be fine but it is super useful in parties, even low level ones. You could get Swiftcast in a couple hours honestly.
This.

Get a swiftcast so that you can throw a fast medica/raise once things go south. Might save you the need to repeat a boss fight when things go south even if you're only leveling in a dungeon.

Meowster

Alright. Got my tank to level 30 and his conjurer skills up to fifteen and he has just began his quest as a Paladin. I'm enjoying the story so far, Eorzea is such an interesting world. Can't wait till I'm level 50 and get to go to the Heavensward areas.

That reminds me-I was doing Rav EX a few times on Monday and me and another DPS were down (my fault admittedly) during the second blue shell phase. For some reason the healers decided to use non-Swiftcast Raise/Resurrect on us instead of switching stances and helping break the shell lol

tmtyf

So I did contact square and they gave me their tsp port numbers to port forward. Then I called Time Warner and they port forward it for me. If this doesn't work then I'll get a new modem(that's only a modem). If that doesn't work then I'll concede that it's Square

By chance was the modem you were using a ubee?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
16% enrage. Oppressor isn't fucking around.
What's that? You wanna drag your alarum against the wall? It'd be a shame if both death rays were aimed at you in a cross!

anyone know what they're swapping at these days on A3 normal? i thought it was 4-5, but twice ive seen 7-8. also during the hand phase is it still the 2 tanks soaking or party soak? this is why i hate tanking 2-3 alex cause people arent consistent.

16% enrage. Oppressor isn't fucking around.
What's that? You wanna drag your alarum against the wall? It'd be a shame if both death rays were aimed at you in a cross!

I saw that on a stream.

combofiend-o.gif

Not me all the time.

If I'm playing as a DPS I give my Commendation to the Healer (If there's 2 of them I choose the one with the cooler name).

If I'm playing as a Healer I give my Commendation to the Tank (If there's 2 of them I choose the one with the cooler name).

If I'm playing as a Tank I give my Commendation to the Healer (If there's 2 of them I choose the one with the cooler name).

i give my comm to people saying hi and bye. silence isn't getting anything. then i go for exceptional players. you just have to give a shit. it's not hard.

Tash

Wanted to try the new Frontlines, but I fell asleep after doing the Ex roulette.
Are the waiting times still abysmal?

Was pretty fast on Phoenix last night - got almost to cap with pvp only (and one exdr).
Had no clue what I was doing..followed the tank and tried to keep people from dying..the lack of healers is real, though..we had TWO healers for three alliances (flames)..fun..

Instance lag is so terrible tonight.

Has been pretty bad for me the last month. WTFast totally fixed it, though.

Once again healers and tanks get super screwed while DPS coast on easy mode. Feels bad man.

<3

Lanrutcon

The thing I hate about Vault being a healer is that I'll go though the whole thing, working my ass of stance dancing and carrying players who are not great and mechanics like the portals of the second boss, but especially at the last boss. The DPS at the last boss tend to wipe the party by not avoiding horsies or AOEs and collecting heavy debuff like its candy. Its infuriating and I hate losing my commendations because it's so easy to blame the healer.

I keep a mental count of how often the dps fucks up. They call me on my healing, I call them on their inability to press arrow keys. Bunch of monkeys, I tell ya. If there was some kind of solo trial to unlock endgame dungeons 90% of the community would fail straight up.

In other news, unlocked my first flying zone. Finding the currents wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it was gonna be.

Ken

What ever happened to BG anyways? Since their T5/T9 world firsts they've basically fallen off the map.

They have a group that has cleared A2S but I doubt they can compete for WFs anymore. Who knows, maybe there will be a surprise WF from them before this whole thing is over.

Was pretty fast on Phoenix last night - got almost to cap with pvp only (and one exdr).
Had no clue what I was doing..followed the tank and tried to keep people from dying..the lack of healers is real, though..we had TWO healers for three alliances (flames)..fun..

i had 2 matches with 0 healers in party, 3 total in alliance (mael). we actually won one of those. i'm on same cluster btw (odin).

i love when people cry about the lack of healers in chat. play one yourself, you angry dps!

anyone know what they're swapping at these days on A3 normal? i thought it was 4-5, but twice ive seen 7-8. also during the hand phase is it still the 2 tanks soaking or party soak? this is why i hate tanking 2-3 alex cause people arent consistent.

i always swap at 5. one tank wanted to swap at 7, so we did just that.

Tash

i had 2 matches with 0 healers in party, 3 total in alliance (mael). we actually won one of those. i'm on same cluster btw (odin).

i love when people cry about the lack of healers in chat. play one yourself, you angry dps!

haha yeah, pretty much.

edit: ah just noticed you wrote Mael GC (boo!)

Top Bottom