• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Omni

Okay I hit level 50 and I beat the main scenario quests in the base game.

The expansion and stuff has confused me though with old content. Is there a kind of check list that I can run through? Or should I just keep going through the main quests that I'm seeing at the Waking Sands? I know I would have missed a few optional dungeons before if I weren't told. I've already bought HW, btw.

iammeiam

-Someone suggests they solo heal A4 Normal in random mishmash group with multiple melee
-Expect total disaster and debuff hilarity
-Everything is totally fine and smooth
-Wonder when solo heal will become the normal thing

Weirdest experience ever.

So which dps job changes the most between 50 and 60? I would like to get into Alex Savage but while my WHM is geared, I really don't want to raid as one and mudra lag has forced me to abandon ninja entirely.

Rektash

-Someone suggests they solo heal A4 Normal in random mishmash group with multiple melee

To be fair, the ability to solo heal stuff depends on the rest of the group just as much as on the healer.

So which dps job changes the most between 50 and 60? I would like to get into Alex Savage but while my WHM is geared, I really don't want to raid as one and mudra lag has forced me to abandon ninja entirely.

I haven't played any DPS class other than Monk, and it barely got any change to its rotations.

Tash

To be fair, the ability to solo heal stuff depends on the rest of the group just as much as on the healer.

Pretty much this and in the new Alex more than anywhere else, even. If everyone does their part of the mechanics right there is much less strain on the healer(s).

BLM gets an entirely new rotation, though it's arguably more boring than the previous one, so eh. Summoner gets a bunch of new stuff to do, mostly dumping all their charges to get into Dreadwyrm Trance, then reapplying dots and spamming Ruin III and finishing with Akh Morn, creating a "burst phase" every minute, Dragoons got a bunch of positionals nonsense and some stupid buff to maintain or whatever I didn't follow but it looked fairly different than the old stuff.

So basically, anything but monk, who are more or less the same as they were previously, with just a lot of buttons to press everytime the boss does a mechanic shit and become untargetable/out of range.

Lanrutcon

If everyone does their jobs and adheres to the mechanics, then Healers generally have enough time and space to break out the dps and possibly a good book.

How often does that happen on high end content though.

Yeeeah, groups gotta push thier DPS pretty darn hard to make the DPS checks in S-A1. Most groups probably won't be able to make the DPS check on the Oppressors until they're closer to a flat ilvl190.

I think a lot of groups are gonna clear in 2weeks once they get i200weapons from eso. Until then, not that many groups will progress I think.

WolvenOne

I think a lot of groups are gonna clear in 2weeks once they get i200weapons from eso. Until then, not that many groups will progress I think.

Oh, it'll certainly be more common around then. You'll certainly see some clears before then though. Mind you, these will be the groups that have good DPS to start with, and will be willing to use stuff like strength pots and what not. Even among these groups, a lot will need another few pieces of 190 gear.

Alrus

What happens to the second Judgement Nisi (or whatever the healer debuff is called) if there isn't another healer?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What happens to the second Judgement Nisi (or whatever the healer debuff is called) if there isn't another healer?
If it's the black circle around your character which deals a lot of damage, a random DPS (?) gets it. I know I got hit with something weird during my first run when no one knew what to do yet and half of the party was dead.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I feel like a weirdo cause I'm am literally the only person I see use the Ahriman mount anymore. It's one of my favorite mounts.
Using anything else than the companion chocobo if you want to have it out for leveling is too much of a hassle for me personally.

What ever happened to BG anyways? Since their T5/T9 world firsts they've basically fallen off the map.

I believe there was a split of sorts. Definitely some of the bigger names with BG tags back in 2.0 are not in BG now. It feels like every FC on excal went through some sort of split at some point.

Alrus

If it's the black circle around your character which deals a lot of damage, a random DPS (?) gets it. I know I got hit with something weird during my first run when no one knew what to do yet and half of the party was dead.

It's a 5 stack debuff that normally targets both healers and deals damage periodically when stacks go down. Thing spreads to anyone close (likely leading to a wipe) and if both debuffed players get close to each other I think they explode or something? I was wondering because if the thing targets a random dps instead I don't see how that's manageable without losing a ton of dps.

Meia

Okay I hit level 50 and I beat the main scenario quests in the base game.

The expansion and stuff has confused me though with old content. Is there a kind of check list that I can run through? Or should I just keep going through the main quests that I'm seeing at the Waking Sands? I know I would have missed a few optional dungeons before if I weren't told. I've already bought HW, btw.

Go through the main story quests. You have to clear all of the story added in via the patched vanilla game(5 patches worth) to just reach the expansion content, even if you bought it already. Probably is a checklist involved somewhere, but you have probably 20 hours of story left.

grimmiq

Trying out frontlines for the first time..Holy shit is melee/mage lopsided..As soon as I get them to 50%, they just hit sprint and run off..Nothing I can do to stop them. Add into that Australian latency making hitting moving targets annoying.

It's a 5 stack debuff that normally targets both healers and deals damage periodically when stacks go down. Thing spreads to anyone close (likely leading to a wipe) and if both debuffed players get close to each other I think they explode or something? I was wondering because if the thing targets a random dps instead I don't see how that's manageable without losing a ton of dps.
If the healers or afflicted persons get to close to one another a sword drops down on both of them and kills them instantly.

Klyka

Banned
I just did a Whorleater (Hard) for my Trial Roulette and for some reason got 5 commendations.
All I did was say "Hi" and "GG" at the end.
This never happened.

Ken

Trying out frontlines for the first time..Holy shit is melee/mage lopsided..As soon as I get them to 50%, they just hit sprint and run off..Nothing I can do to stop them. Add into that Australian latency making hitting moving targets annoying.

Hm? Melee have quite a few pursuit tools. Even ignoring that, DRGs and NINs are assassins of PvP anyways.

Dem damage spikes in A1, at one point I literally was screaming:pLEASE JUMP, PLEASE JUMP

tDXwZIY.gif

Had an Alex1 run last night where half the dps simply refused to pick up the adds while they were very closly examining me and the other healer. In one failed run the enfeeble bombs went off FOUR times and purely due to the skill of me and the other healer we still survived until enrage timer killed us despite all that. I am now terrified of the sound of those bombs about to go off.

Then of course me next group got it done like it was nothing while I was main healer and the White Mage was dpsing half the time. Got my Prototype Gordian Crown of Healing which brought me to ilvl 181 so now it is time to beg in PF for a group to do Savage.

RK9039

Had an Alex1 run last night where half the dps simply refused to pick up the adds while they were very closly examining me and the other healer. In one failed run the enfeeble bombs went off FOUR times and purely due to the skill of me and the other healer we still survived until enrage timer killed us despite all that. I am now terrified of the sound of those bombs about to go off.

Then of course me next group got it done like it was nothing while I was main healer and the White Mage was dpsing half the time. Got my Prototype Gordian Crown of Healing which brought me to ilvl 181 so now it is time to beg in PF for a group to do Savage.

I had the same thing just now, DPS players are the worst. No wonder I have never given them commendations. My first run was so smooth and on the one I just did now they ignore the adds...

ed: Had a much better run just now, really high dps.

iammeiam

Just targets a random whoever; RNGesus being what it is I'm pretty sure ours hit the monk? And then mysterious things in the melee area I wasn't watching. I recorded it and needed to rewatch, but they handled it well and nobody was eating damage they shouldn't. I don't know if they gave him his own flank of what, but it didn't spread. Any lost DPS from awkwardness while Nisei is out is more or less outweighed by the benefits of running with 5 DPS the rest of the fight, too.

FC chat so quiet last night. I could hear the bodies hitting the floor though. Anyway, new pvp map is actually decent if you're an Arathi/EotS pro. I ran with a premade from the pvp LS and did decent. If there's still any interest from gaf flames (once you get the pve out of your system) let me know!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FC chat so quiet last night. I could hear the bodies hitting the floor though. Anyway, new pvp map is actually decent if you're an Arathi/EotS pro. I ran with a premade from the pvp LS and did decent. If there's still any interest from gaf flames (once you get the pve out of your system) let me know!

Faust busy collecting those GAF tokens.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
A lot of crafters are not happy about this patch.

In speaking with a lot of FC crafters, many feel the same. I'm not sure if they are attempting to kill Omni-crafting, but a) it's not going to work and b) they just made it so you pretty much have to be one. lol

I'm trying to level my crafts but looking at the path to gearing up? Between the grind, the cost and the little you can actually do with it? I'm not sure what the point is. =/

I got my Alchemist to 50 and stopped because crafting has gotten terribly confusing nowadays. Hopefully gathering is still pretty simple I'd like to finish my level 34ish Botanist.

Top Bottom