• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

OsirisBlack

Banned
Anyone else getting constantly getting error 90001 disconnects after the patch. I mean like every 15 minutes constantly and cant finish anything because of it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow, PvP is more fun than I remember. Still very chaotic and my hotkeys are terrible for it (since I have to use sleep and heal), but I'm having a blast.

royox

Wow, PvP is more fun than I remember. Still very chaotic and my hotkeys are terrible for it (since I have to use sleep and heal), but I'm having a blast.

Is PVP playable with a gamepad? I play on PC but I play with a PS3 pad because it's fucking confy for PVE but I can't imagine playing pvp with it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I like that I can wear the animal PvP gear (i100) without being higher PvP rank. I'm almost to 34 but the requirement was really dumb and I'm glad I can use this stuff as vanity gear regardless now.

I like that I can wear the animal PvP gear (i100) without being higher PvP rank. I'm almost to 34 but the requirement was really dumb and I'm glad I can use this stuff as vanity gear regardless now.

This is the worst part of the rank system. Not to mention the xp gain even for wins is paltry.

Kenai

I got my Alchemist to 50 and stopped because crafting has gotten terribly confusing nowadays. Hopefully gathering is still pretty simple I'd like to finish my level 34ish Botanist.

I actually quite like gathering (cleecting is pretty cool), but haven't really messed with crafting. i simply do not have room for all those gearsets. I may get 2-3 up there eventually but there's so much to do I simply do not have enough time.I mean hell they added gathering books too i have barely started on just to find new nodes/fishing spots, they gated this stuff pretty hardcore. I can understand why people think it might not be worth the trouble.

Definitely something to do that will take awhile though, even if I think they'd do well to make the grin feel more rewarding along the way.

royox

Why not? It's the same thing isn't it? I play both with controller.

Because of targeting 1st...and Buttons 2nd. I don't have space for mor skills and I play with 4 hotbars with 8 buttons each (SMN, god dammit Egi control xD).

Maybe if I did another set focused on PVP I could do it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh wow, I didn't know that FFXIV doesn't properly support setups where you plug headphones and speakers to different audio outputs.

Kind of a bummer, but at least I know that nothing's wrong with my new setup, I almost started meddling with the drivers to try and fix it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Too bad MCH colors for Birdsong sets are better.
But at least I finally realized my dream of becoming a beautiful swan.

hLKcneD.jpg

creid

Week 3 Alex normal hasn't been too kind. PF A4 was a wipefest with people that should've been able to clear, A3 almost everything drops to the floor while everyone waits for a spring.

I've never seen someone clap after eating.
I always clap after finishing a delicious corn pizza.

gryvan

all these fakers who think they pvp. Gonna be like ppl clearing coil post echo. I dont want your kind in here, you scrubs

hey I enjoy my counter pushback ability where thoe smart ass healers think they can get a drop off me on a cliff with fluid aura

BUT NO INSTEAD THEY GET THE FUCKING DROP MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Fehyd

Banned
Oh wow, I didn't know that FFXIV doesn't properly support setups where you plug headphones and speakers to different audio outputs.

Kind of a bummer, but at least I know that nothing's wrong with my new setup, I almost started meddling with the drivers to try and fix it.

If you're trying to do headphones for voice and speakers for game, you can use an analog headset to accomplish that.

Apparently it's a known issue with Windows, and it'd something Square actually had an open issue with Microsoft over, the api is weird

There is only one slight drawback I'm considering since these changes to AST. and that's the TP buff change.

With the old one it was reduction so it honestly didn't matter who I tossed on it would be useful. Now it being refresh makes me second guess who I'm putting it on because I have no means of knowing who could use it more.

i.e. Useful refresh on the Dragoon who just used invigorate and has nearly full TP compared to the Warrior who only has 200 TP left.

scy

Put it on the DRK.

Put it on the DRK again.

Probably keep putting it on the DRK.

Realistically, the chance of you dropping Spire on someone who is at full TP is pretty slim. That's 1 GCD available where that's even a thing. With no breaks in the fight, pretty much everyone runs net negative to some degree so everyone, even post-invig use, can still benefit from it.

Also, the old one was more limited in when it was actually useful and not just making their TP end in funny numbers. Like, if someone didn't spend 300 TP during the duration, you didn't even add a single cheap GCD. It mostly just made it feel like you were doing a thing.

Put it on the DRK.

Put it on the DRK again.

Probably keep putting it on the DRK.

Realistically, the chance of you dropping Spire on someone who is at full TP is pretty slim. That's 1 GCD available where that's even a thing. With no breaks in the fight, pretty much everyone runs net negative to some degree so everyone, even post-invig use, can still benefit from it.

Also, the old one was more limited in when it was actually useful and not just making their TP end in funny numbers. Like, if someone didn't spend 300 TP during the duration, you didn't even add a single cheap GCD. It mostly just made it feel like you were doing a thing.
Well that helps put my mind as ease instead of being worried that I'm wasting buffs.

Is this coming from a lalafell? Sounds like a thing a lalafell would say.
EDIT: I KNEW IT
I wear my Lala pride on my sleeve.

Jayhawk

And this why Faust kills aren't saved between runs. YoshiP didn't want everybody switching to 8 DRG setups for the Faust kill and then switching to their normal roles for Oppressor.

Ew DRG

I don't want to level any of the other dps classes because it requires me to touch the Lancer/DRG class to level for Invigorate and I would rather clean the litter box of a catgirl than do that.

Top Bottom