• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sorian

Banned
Ew DRG

I don't want to level any of the other dps classes because it requires me to touch the Lancer/DRG class to level for Invigorate and I would rather clean the little box of a catgirl than do that.

I don't know what this means but if it's an innuendo in anyway then I'm in.

Edit: I see your edit but don't care. Over here cleaning catgirl's little boxes.

iammeiam

Honestly the only fun part of DRG for me is trying to see how many pulls in a row you can keep the glowing blue dragon thing going on. Heavy Thrust fell off? Forget DPS, can't spare the GCD, dragon auras to preserve. Tank not going to pull the next pack in time? This is exactly why I have Spineshatter, I can totally make it before Sharper Fang and Claw falls off!
I never make it.

Still melee DPS should all be DRG because Disembowel.

Kenai

There is only one slight drawback I'm considering since these changes to AST. and that's the TP buff change.

With the old one it was reduction so it honestly didn't matter who I tossed on it would be useful. Now it being refresh makes me second guess who I'm putting it on because I have no means of knowing who could use it more.

i.e. Useful refresh on the Dragoon who just used invigorate and has nearly full TP compared to the Warrior who only has 200 TP left.

DRK, NIN, and MCH are usually safe bets from what i can tell. If AoE, it can be whoever is actually AoEing.

I seriously hope that TP bar is ready in 3.1 though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Honestly the only fun part of DRG for me is trying to see how many pulls in a row you can keep the glowing blue dragon thing going on. Heavy Thrust fell off? Forget DPS, can't spare the GCD, dragon auras to preserve. Tank not going to pull the next pack in time? This is exactly why I have Spineshatter, I can totally make it before Sharper Fang and Claw falls off!
I never make it.

Disgusting

Sorian

Banned
I blame myself for that typo but to suggest doing illicit things with catgirls is sick, wrong and a offense to Hydaelyn.

Don't sleep with animals Sorian, you'll get fleas.

Hydaelyn is a scrub and has terrible taste in choosing her champions. Cat girls and Demon/Lizard girls are both best girls.

I never make it.

You joke but I feel ill reading that.

Hydaelyn is a scrub and has terrible taste in choosing her champions. Cat girls and Demon/Lizard girls are both best girls.
I'll stick with my Hyur and Lala ladies. Have fun with your dirty cats and soul-less lizards.

MogCakes

I admit to being impatient with tanks waiting to pull because my blue aura is about to run out. I may or may not be guilty of firing my dragon laser before the tank decides to pull.

Jayhawk

T12 world first clears were assisted by Bane cheesing. A3 might have to wait for more gear upgrades, or maybe some of that crafted goodness tomorrow.

scy

nobody wants to listen to me rattle off numbers

That DPS check is real apparently.

Based off what they've said so far on the fight ("what the fuck" and "very hard alexander"), I'm going with it's an everything check right now.

T12 world first clears were assisted by Bane cheesing. A3 might have to wait for more gear upgrades, or maybe some of that crafted goodness tomorrow.

Realistically, I'll be pretty surprised if any of these matter? Optimizing for secondaries is most likely net negative still on everything but STR/VIT accessories but there's no new accessories anyway, right?
also the new gear is ugly

Jayhawk

Based off what they've said so far on the fight ("what the fuck" and "very hard alexander"), I'm going with it's an everything check right now.

Those squats he was doing in normal mode only made him more powerful than we could ever imagine.

Realistically, I'll be pretty surprised if any of these matter? Optimizing for secondaries is most likely net negative still on everything but STR/VIT accessories but there's no new accessories anyway, right?
also the new gear is ugly

It's impossible to have full normal Alexander gear set this week, so an upgraded law piece could be beat by a melded crafted left-side piece for some jobs. Accessories with MND/VIT for healers can help with checks.

Tabris

Because it's easier to focus without knowing people are watching.

This is funny coming from you though, just with our stream history.

Its only been 24 hours. That's not a long time for super hard content...is it?

Isn't this about the same progress rate as FCoB? 2 weeks for Alex 4 to match with the T13 clear rate?

I remember watching the video of the Lucrezia guy converting all his gear because they didn't clear T13 when they said.

Tabris

It is what it is. We also spend a lot of time talking through things during progression and that's just boring for people watching streams.

No I just mean that you used to comment on our streams. If people didn't comment negatively, then neither of us would need to feel that way :)

Soma

dayum this lv 55 aiming gear is hot

CKifJzHUYAA53-S.jpg:orig

Sorian

Banned
I always felt that Kagari's and Bookey's criticism was fairly constructive if I remember right. I didn't recognize other people's usernames so idk past that.

Sorian

Banned
I remember watching the video of the Lucrezia guy converting all his gear because they didn't clear T13 when they said.

Uh no, you didn't understand why he was converting his gear. When you watched that video they had already cleared a week prior. The "challenge" was they attempted to beat all of FCoB using only gear available from before 2.4. They failed at T13, they just couldn't do it.

Tabris

I always felt that Kagari's and Bookey's criticism was fairly constructive if I remember right. I didn't recognize other people's usernames so idk past that.

Making fun of Skoje wasn't constructive, but we've discussed that before, so no need to get in that debate with them :)

Uh no, you didn't understand why he was converting his gear. When you watched that video they had already cleared a week prior. The "challenge" was they attempted to beat all of FCoB using only gear available from before 2.4. They failed at T13, they just couldn't do it.

Ah, then yeah, it's been a while so wasn't sure. So 5 days for T13? We're 2 days and at A3 now. Still possible. Maybe a bit slower rate then FCoB?

IvorB

Putting the "savage" in Savage Alexander. So, um, if Lucrezia and crew are seeing flames in this fight where does that leave everyone else?

Sorian

Banned
Ah, then yeah, it's been a while so wasn't sure. So 5 days for T13? We're 2 days and at A3 now. Still possible. Maybe a bit slower rate then FCoB?

I do think this will take longer. That bane crutch really helped with learning and performing in T12. I still think all of alex savage will be cleared before lockout but now teams are going to have to put in real work on two turns as opposed to just one.

iammeiam

Needing esoteric gear and more drops from A1 and A2, as intended.

The one sort of interesting thing about Savage progression vs SCoB/FCoB is that everyone is going to get access to upgraded weapons for all their DPS on week 3; without the tomestone requirement, everyone in Savage will see a substantial DPS bump at the same time. Makes me wonder if A3 was tuned to the assumption of 8 people with i200 weapons, which would be a huge thing.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Early this morning I found out loldrg didn't have flying unlocked in any map except Azys Lla.

Then when asking how this could be possible, he started listing out things better than flying.

1. Miquo'te

2. Au'ra

and I stopped reading there.

Jayhawk

The people in that Lucrezia A1S clear video aren't even exclusively Lucrezia! Those FC alliances.

EDIT:
That Lucrezia SCH busting out the accuracy melds.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8548380/

Lucrezia and Elysium main tanks and off tanks going with melds that I expected.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1289422/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5586236/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1758800/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1752997/

WolvenOne

Well melee still have a distinct disadvantage (it's rather easy to escape our short attack range,) buuut Seize is overall a fun little addition. It's a lot like secure, but the fact that your Secure points periodically disappear and change location keeps people moving and prevents groups from acting like a turtle the entire match.

Only issue I really see, aside from the melee range problem, is that it does encourage your Alliance to group up into as large of groups as possible. This isn't a horrible flaw, but there should be a legit reason for people to occasionally break off from the main group.

The people in that Lucrezia A1S clear video aren't even exclusively Lucrezia! Those FC alliances.

EDIT:
That Lucrezia SCH busting out the accuracy melds.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8548380/

Lucrezia and Elysium main tanks and off tanks going with melds that I expected.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1289422/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5586236/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1758800/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1752997/
Someone help me out here...why does a Healer need better ACC on harder content like this?

iammeiam

Someone help me out here...why does a Healer need better ACC on harder content like this?

Anyone serious about pushing early progression expects healers to DPS to meet checks. Since healer gear doesn't have enough accuracy to cap, healers have to meld accuracy in so they can DPS without their attacks missing constantly.

Top Bottom