• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Someone help me out here...why does a Healer need better ACC on harder content like this?

Healers aren't just healers when it comes to progression.
They need to contribute to raid DPS.

Same with tanks. Every body needs to contribute to DPS to pass the DPS checks while under-geared.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Comparing Alexander to FCOB in terms of progression tempo might not be correct because there's not much viable crafted gear available right now, and with the stat inflation being what it is SE doesn't even have to try to make a decent gear check (Dragoons are projected to have 1500 dps by the end of this gear cycle, so do the math). I don't think there'll be full clears this week.

I get why they don't do it, but it seems silly to me to treat world first attempts so secretive that they can't stream.

In addition to nobody wanting to leak out solutions to anybody else, there's also the matter of not showing your poor side. People might see you learn and stumble and conclude your group isn't all that even if you're among the early progression wave. Press is everything and there's nothing silly about maintaining the image of your FC.

Jayhawk

I want to see more Monk parses on Faust and Oppressor! I wonder how much more dps I could have pushed last night. I think my highest EncDPS on a Faust kill was 1317 at i183. I can probably go higher tonight from a couple gear upgrades, since I didn't have time to get Alexander normal gear loot from this week before we ran last night. I don't want to switch to Dragoon or Summoner...

I also have way too much accuracy... Reducing my accuracy by 100 and putting those stats into crit or determination should bump up dps potential too.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Because it's easier to focus without knowing people are watching. Also we like to come up with a lot of our own original strategies.
I'm one of those people.

Hell, I screw up more simply by recording my fights without anyone watching. That potential pressure of someone seeing me play is spooky.

Sorian

Banned
I'm one of those people.

Hell, I screw up more simply by recording my fights without anyone watching. That potential pressure of someone seeing me play is spooky.

image.php

MogCakes

So are melded accs the highest stopgap before i210? I'm not familiar with how well crafted gear compares to blues.

In addition to nobody wanting to leak out solutions to anybody else, there's also the matter of not showing your poor side. People might see you learn and stumble and conclude your group isn't all that even if you're among the early progression wave. Press is everything and there's nothing silly about maintaining the image of your FC.

All FCs that take themselves too seriously are silly.

K.Sabot

Surprised top tier guilds don't have support members grinding out that new i180 crafted gear while the main group dies in Savage all day. Really surprised to see that healer sporting 150 white melds.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Surprised top tier guilds don't have support members grinding out that new i180 crafted gear while the main group dies in Savage all day. Really surprised to see that healer sporting 150 white melds.

There are no i180 crafted accessories yet.

Jayhawk

By the end of this current raid cycle, it will be possible for Monks to get enough Skill Speed from gear plus bonuses from GL3 and Selene buffs to maintain 100% Fracture uptime without cutting into Demolish and Touch of Death uptime. Gotta fit in those 8 GCDs between Fractures. The Fracture dream lives on.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
By the end of this current raid cycle, it will be possible for Monks to get enough Skill Speed from gear plus bonuses from GL3 and Selene buffs to maintain 100% Fracture uptime without cutting into Demolish and Touch of Death uptime. Gotta fit in those 8 GCDs between Fractures. The Fracture dream lives on.

100% Fracture uptime.... A dream come true!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

The Expansion of kings.

gryvan

He's right you know

illy did you rollback your graphics card drivers? Apparently I rolled back to 350.12 with a complete clean install and hasn't crashed or black screened with FFXIV direct X 11 version for lets say 24 hours!!!!!

Heck my GPU temp has been at that point where its very cooled.

If you still have those random crashes defintiely roll back

scy

Right, it always has been able to miss. It has a direct damage component. I was just responding that Broil missing is sadder than Miasma missing.

docbon

Please stop pretending your game is daoc and remove these split queues from pvp yoshida.

It's only day 2 and I'm seeing 30+ minute queues as maelstrom. Why wasn't this shit fixed eons ago?

Mesharey

FLOOR 2: THE SUFFERING.
You're a BRD or MCH now?

I'm thinking of quitting the game soon, there's really nothing to do if you finished the primals and got your weapons and Alexander normal, also getting the loot each week from Alexander normal is really, really annoying.

Also, if your group can't afford meld accessories and probably gear then it's extremely hard to finish savage with the current gear .. you'll need to grind weeks on the same 2 dungeons and the same Alexander for Esoteric to finish savage.
And savage is using the same strategies but stuff hits harder and few additions, which is boring and there's no story .. at least Coils had completely new fights and makes you excited to learn a whole new fight everytime.

You're a BRD or MCH now?

I'm thinking of quitting the game soon, there's really nothing to do if you finished the primals and got your weapons and Alexander normal, also getting the loot each week from Alexander normal is really, really annoying.

Also, if your group can't afford meld accessories and probably gear then it's extremely hard to finish savage with the current gear .. you'll need to grind weeks on the same 2 dungeons and the same Alexander for Esoteric to finish savage.
And savage is using the same strategies but stuff hits harder and few additions, which is boring and there's no story .. at least Coils had completely new fights and makes you excited to learn a whole new fight everytime.

Coil only had new fights with each added turn, savage was still the same thing as normal, only with added dmg and mechanics. It was really obvious that savage would be the same thing as normal this time around, expecting new things was just asking for a bad time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you're trying to do headphones for voice and speakers for game, you can use an analog headset to accomplish that.

Apparently it's a known issue with Windows, and it'd something Square actually had an open issue with Microsoft over, the api is weird
My main speakers are connected to my monitor which is connected to the PC via HDMI.
Normally whenever I connect my headphones through analog out on the front side of my PC, all of the sound goes through them. In FF14's case, the sound goes through whichever was connected when I launch the game (with headphones having priority) and the other device refuses to play any sound (so if I disconnect headphones while playing my speakers don't work so using the headphones is the only way to get any sound etc.).

Apparently this has been a problem since the first 1.0 beta.

Mesharey

Coil only had new fights with each added turn, savage was still the same thing as normal, only with added dmg and mechanics. It was really obvious that savage would be the same thing as normal this time around, expecting new things was just asking for a bad time.
Yeah, but learning a new fight that takes some time is better than a fight that you can finish all turns from in a day, in my opinion of course, then you'll learn the same fight for savage .. mostly the same start but there are restrictions that block you and the annoying thing is that it's not skill that's stopping you, it plays a part sure, but there are others things too.

Yeah, but learning a new fight that takes some time is better than a fight that you can finish all turns from in a day, in my opinion of course, then you'll learn the same fight for savage .. mostly the same start but there are restrictions that block you and the annoying thing is that it's not skill that's stopping you, it plays a part sure, but there are others things too.

These savage fights have enough new mechanics though that they should honestly be considered "new" fights. Just because the base mechanics are there and the bosses look the same, doesn't mean that there isn't something new to learn. Savage also isn't about to be "cleared in a day" when even the best groups in the world are only halfway through it.

Mesharey

By cleared in a day I meant the normal one, and yes savage has new mechanics but from what I saw it's mostly the same, A1 at least.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
All FCs that take themselves too seriously are silly.

You don't get ahead by screwing around.

Well, for one it has something to do with the items not being obtainable by anyone yet. Other than that, of course they do.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
We were supposed to get the new friend invite rewards by the end of the month, right?
Any news if they'll be a part of today's patch?

Finally beat Bismarck EX tonight. Found a nice PF group and after several tries, 2 tanks and a dps, we finally took that whale down.

Honestly the only trouble parts were the tank swaps that would sometimes get a dps killed or the last phase where some dps kept falling off while trying to attack the weak point.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
As much as the Thunder change doesn't make a difference while doing lv 60 content, more often procs in dungeons/trials until lv 59 are great.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What the hell? Where are the rest of the Heavensward dungeons in the roulettes?

I can do Sastasha for Esoterics, but not Gubal?

This is some stupid crap. I was looking forward to replaying those dungeons...

Demoskinos

Yeah, I like a lot of the earlier dungeons as well. No reason to replay them ever unless you're leveling a new class though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

?
Library is in the leveling roulette.

As much as the Thunder change doesn't make a difference while doing lv 60 content, more often procs in dungeons/trials until lv 59 are great.

Yeah it's pretty nice for leveling, getting a ton of procs now. I guess if you were to drop out of enochian for reasons too, it means the old rotation DPS is a decent bit higher than it used to be.

Top Bottom