• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Aselith

haste.gif
R E D S C R I P S B O Y Z
haste.gif

Tash

So Lucrezia and Elysium are raging about not being able to beat A3?
Hahahaha, I find that super funny :p

Well, now you gotta gear up properly and not try to go in with HQ melded crafted jewelery.
Even though, if it turns out that the new stats on the eso gear is not covering it, then that's another issue..
Obviously, they are not fully geared in 200 yet..

Ken

Well, OLD crafted jewelry that is. Don't be such a nitpick you knew what I meant.

I mean what is this implication that using melded gear instead of waiting for currency gear is somehow improper for progression.

If you didn't mean that then disregard.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Here's what I got
Clam Chowder (CUL 60): 11-13 scrips (4000-7100 coll)
Serpentskin Helm of Maiming (LTW 60 MB3): 12-14 scrips (4000-7100 coll)
Chimerical Felt Tabard of Striking (WVR 60 MB3): 16-19 scrips (4000-7100 coll)

And for gathering
Chysahl Greens (8-9 scrips) and Vanilla Beans (on bonus, 9-10 scrips)
Both are folklore and both require 470 and 530 collectability for respective rewards.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If you work hard you'll certainly get paid. By raiders during the first weeks and by fellow crafters and by lazy people. That's not really the issue here.

Aselith

I see 9 on my end on my CUL but I don't have any Master Books either so that could be the difference too. 9, 19. Still pretty meh.

It's looking like you need the Master crafter books to even access these recipes.

They should just say they don't want high level crafters to prosper.

High level crafting: work hard, get paid...oh wait. I mean work hard, watch other people just kill shit for gear instead.

Ya'll need bootstraps!

It's looking like you need the Master crafter books to even access these recipes.

All the red scrips turn in are lvl 60 items. The only craft with lvl 60 items that are not in master books is CUL. So yeah, mostly.

Shit looks really expensive for what it gives. I'll wait a bit and see if the red scrips crafted mats sell for good money, enough to pay for all the gold I'd be throwing at Rowena for the scrips. Though I guess I could look at it from the perspective of buying the unmeldable gear, but it's expensive as shit in that regard.

Gatherer looks "cheaper", you do waste a bunch of unspoiled mats, but it seems you need to waste less. Crafting is like 30-50k per item and you need about 20items(more for the lower scrip reward ones), gathering it looks 40ish of the unspoiled node mats that are like 2-4k each, so quite a lot less money lost.

So Lucrezia and Elysium are raging about not being able to beat A3?
Hahahaha, I find that super funny :p

Well, now you gotta gear up properly and not try to go in with HQ melded crafted jewelery.
Even though, if it turns out that the new stats on the eso gear is not covering it, then that's another issue..
Obviously, they are not fully geared in 200 yet..

Might want to look at the fight before making comments like this, there was actually someone streaming it last night. No amount of gear will save you from those mechanics and damage lol. Might also want to understand why people use melded accessories, even if they're lower ilvl. Ilvl isn't everything for everyone, especially when you need the extra dmg output on tanks over the small amount of extra health.

Tash

Might want to look at the fight before making comments like this, there was actually someone streaming it last night. No amount of gear will save you from those mechanics and damage lol. Might also want to understand why people use melded accessories, even if they're lower ilvl. Ilvl isn't everything for everyone, especially when you need the extra dmg output on tanks over the small amount of extra health.

I am not talking about the ilevel. I am talking about the fact that full eso gear will help with those new fights but people can't wait with properly gearing up to get those world first (which they normally do and until now it worked).

Not to mention, we had the same discussion with Twisters (granted they were bugged at the start) but I am pretty sure there are mechanics they don't understand at the moment (and again, if they need the SCH to dps for those encounters then they are obviously not reaching the dps checks with the actual dps..) - oh wait, maybe because they need the actual accuracy they can't hit right now?

Pretty obvious that the Lucrezia SCH used melded with acc and vit to help with those dps checks..while in turn losing out on actual - healing power..

I am not talking about the ilevel. I am talking about the fact that full eso gear will help with those new fights but people can't wait with properly gearing up to get those world first (which they normally do and until now it worked).

Not to mention, we had the same discussion with Twisters (granted they were bugged at the start) but I am pretty sure there are mechanics they don't understand at the moment (and again, if they need the SCH to dps for those encounters then they are obviously not reaching the dps checks with the actual dps..) - oh wait, maybe because they need the actual accuracy they can't hit right now?

Pretty obvious that the Lucrezia SCH used melded with acc and vit to help with those dps checks..while in turn losing out on actual - healing power..
This is what I don't get. It is super hard content so you tell one of your healers to gimp themselves super hard to help the dps, while putting more pressure on the other healer.

I dunno it seems to me there's a difference between a healer helping dps and a healer being gimped in healing and helping dps.

This is what I don't get. It is super hard content so you tell one of your healers to gimp themselves super hard to help the dps, while putting more pressure on the other healer.

I dunno it seems to me there's a difference between a healer helping dps and a healer being gimped in healing and helping dps.

There's also a difference between a healer helping with dps and the group being on the floor because of the enrage, because healers would rather do nothing but heal. If the extra healing isn't required from both healers, then why not gimp your healing power to help dps? Even with all the aoe dmg going out in savage, there are still plenty of times where you can throw a few dots up as a healer and not risk people blowing up.

When you fail because you lack DPS while the tanks are still alive, what you need is more damage, not more healing. The healing requirements on the fights tend to be lower than maximum theorical output of a single healer+fairy, besides some key moments where some small bursts of healing are needed. A SCH is infinitely more useful doing DPS than standing there doing nothing/overhealing when the healing isn't needed.

You also don't lose that much healing power from using melded accessories, especially if you do most of your healing through lustrates, fairy and some occasional actual healing. Losing 30mind or whatever it is from the lower ilvl accessories and a minor amount of secondary stats has very little impact on healing power. You have to understand how melding and stats weight work when it comes to itemization. An accessory that has say 20det 25crit has for example more or less the same value as one that has 20det 20crit 15accuracy(numbers not exact, but just an example). The 5 crit you lose, which don't even amount to .1% crit are definitely worth the 15 accuracy you get. Do that on every piece, and you can increase your chance to hit a mob by 10-15%, while losing something like .5% crit.

There's also a difference between a healer helping with dps and the group being on the floor because of the enrage, because healers would rather do nothing but heal. If the extra healing isn't required from both healers, then why not gimp your healing power to help dps? Even with all the aoe dmg going out in savage, there are still plenty of times where you can throw a few dots up as a healer and not risk people blowing up.

When you fail because you lack DPS while the tanks are still alive, what you need is more damage, not more healing. The healing requirements on the fights tend to be lower than maximum theorical output of a single healer+fairy, besides some key moments where some small bursts of healing are needed. A SCH is infinitely more useful doing DPS than standing there doing nothing/overhealing when the healing isn't needed.

You also don't lose that much healing power from using melded accessories, especially if you do most of your healing through lustrates, fairy and some occasional actual healing. Losing 30mind or whatever it is from the lower ilvl accessories and a minor amount of secondary stats has very little impact on healing power. You have to understand how melding and stats weight work when it comes to itemization. An accessory that has say 20det 25crit has for example more or less the same value as one that has 20det 20crit 15accuracy(numbers not exact, but just an example). The 5 crit you lose, which don't even amount to .1% crit are definitely worth the 15 accuracy you get. Do that on every piece, and you can increase your chance to hit a mob by 10-15%, while losing something like .5% crit.
Well the problem I'm having in my mind is that for healer, gimped healing power = gimped dps power as well because of the way Cleric Stance works.

Though I guess they're willing to take that hit because they still need Accuracy to actually hit the things they are attacking.

I'm just trying to fully understand it here. I mean I raid too but I don't consider the numbers on that high of a level.

Any carpenter that can make me a nice level 35 bow (with HQ)? I can get ingredients for you if needed.

Pyros made ma an awesome dagger and playing my bard feels like a chore now!

IGN: Kumar Shan

Ken

(and again, if they need the SCH to dps for those encounters then they are obviously not reaching the dps checks with the actual dps..).

I think you're missing the whole early aspect of early/World or Server First progression raiding.

Well the problem I'm having in my mind is that for healer, gimped healing power = gimped dps power as well because of the way Cleric Stance works.

Though I guess they're willing to take that hit because they still need Accuracy to actually hit the things they are attacking.

I'm just trying to fully understand it here. I mean I raid too but I don't consider the numbers on that high of a level.

You don't lose that much. Here's the difference between melded accessories with capped accuracy(you can drop say 6 accuracy off each of them and meld more healing stat, or vit) and i180 jewelry with an i190 ring(I assume they don't have a lot of accessories since it's more efficient to gear left side, though this week and the next few they'd probably get full right side also).

i150 crafted with capped accuracy: 155mind, 120 accuracy, 51 crit, 101 det, 50spellspeed, 54piety

i180 jewelry with an i190 ring: 184mind, 0accuracy, 54 crit, 85 det, 54spellspeed, 76piety

Difference is 29mind, 3crit, 4spellspeed and 22piety for 120accuracy and 16det(which is like 3mind or so). You lose a substantial amount of mana, though if you wanted you could replace det for piety at a 1:1 rate, or vit if you want more life. So mostly, you're trading 30ish mind for 120 accuracy. For consistency in doing damage, accuracy is a lot better, since you can roll misses several times in a row which would massively reduce your damage output, especially on Miasma.

So I just started playing this game again after playing for a week or so when it first released on the PS4 (was only level 20 or so when I stopped) but have started up again. I just recently fought Grafflas but that dungeon was rough for me, in that I'm not sure what people want me to do as a tank (Gladiator) besides pull stuff and try to hold aggro. I think I got kicked out of one group and had to join another to finally finish. Everyone seems like they're going through this game for like a 5th time on a separate character and I have no idea what I'm doing. I just didn't find the people I played with very friendly.

Is Ultros sort of like an expert server? Should I be moving my character over to another with less experienced people?

So I just started playing this game again after playing for a week or so when it first released on the PS4 (was only level 20 or so when I stopped) but have started up again. I just recently fought Grafflas but that dungeon was rough for me, in that I'm not sure what people want me to do as a tank (Gladiator) besides pull stuff and try to hold aggro. I think I got kicked out of one group and had to join another to finally finish. Everyone seems like they're going through this game for like a 5th time on a separate character and I have no idea what I'm doing. I just didn't find the people I played with very friendly.

Is Ultros sort of like an expert server? Should I be moving my character over to another with less experienced people?

The game has been out for like 2years, it's expected that most people playing it have been playing it for a while. Some are more friendly than others, but it'll be the same on every server, most people you'll see in dungeons are high levels doing a roulette or high levels leveling a lower level class. Just say you're new and people will generally tell you if there's anything you need to know. They'll also in general be friendlier, since if you don't mention it, they'll assume you're potentially a bad player and will have less patience.

As for Gladiator, no, you got your role, you're simply expected to pull stuff and hold aggro.

chiliboy

Tell people you are new, it has worked for me. People on Ultros are nice if you let em know :)

Ferr986

The duty finder can grab people form different servers.

Your issue is that you found shitty people in your DF, something that happens, especially when you're new.

plake

^ What these guys said - say you're new and people will be friendlier.

Also, join GAF Free Company and let us know in the chat when you wanna run a dungeon and I'm sure you'll get some nice people that can join you and give you pointers if you'd want it.

Top Bottom