• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sorian

Banned
Glamour is the true end game in XIV, though. Raid is just something to do in the mean time.

I only raided at the end of 2.x for the buttwings. Now I raid for the chance to dye my robot armor.

When are we going to tell him that he looked better as a cat waifu?

I know your games, if I had stayed cat, you would have said I would look better as a lizard. I can't win with you.

man, either something really messed up the pvp queues or everyone got their welfare gear already.

looks like SFV will win all my time for the next couple days.

Wilsongt

YoshiP truly bent casual crafters over and fucked then.

Don't have millions of gil to meld max gear with expensive items?

Hahaha fuck you

His design philosophy is starting to bug me... Considering I don't raid, the content I do enjoy is one giant cockblock now that I am still trying to play catchup to.

Pancho

Qurupancho
The biggest mistery in the game for me is why do people take 20 thousand years to roll on the fucking items?
Every time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The biggest mistery in the game for me is why do people take 20 thousand years to roll on the fucking items?
Every time.
It's the worst when you're leveling and people just... don't roll in most cases. At least that's what I think is happening.

When it's something I could use right here right now I just ask them to roll and they always do, which is nice.

suzu

Heavensward FATEs are pretty great exp now, if you get at least 2 parties going in the zones.

I've only tried Churning Mists (lv56) and Dravanian Hinterlands (lv58) so far.

Aselith

Hahaha fuck you

His design philosophy is starting to bug me... Considering I don't raid, the content I do enjoy is one giant cockblock now that I am still trying to play catchup to.

There are very economical ways to get blue scripts and with blue scripts you can buy adept gear and with adept gear red scripts aren't that hard to make. You only need to get to 4000 collectibility which is like 50% or so. I'm doing it in the next tier up from adept with no melds at all which isn't all that much more than adept.

I got all of the blue scripts I needed to get adept gear by making hardsilver gathering earrings which were easily made from gathering supplies.

I guess it really depends on what you mean by casual though. Like you definitely needs a lot of the level 50 cross-skills to do well and specialization helps a bit but you don't need to really dump millions in to gear to do well.

I did most of my blue script crafting with the Dhalmelskin Skin Gear that you can buy a full set of for like 80k from a vendor and unmelded also.

asami rather dress up his in game waifu than play competitively. He's why you guys havent beaten alexander yet

Competitive play is 0.000000000000000000000001% of the gaming population breh

Hahaha fuck you

There aren't any casual crafters in MMOs though. You're either hardcore online 24 hours a day crafting using a macro or bot while watching anime on your 2nd monitor or you don't craft in MMOs.

Competitive play is 0.000000000000000000000001% of the gaming population breh

There aren't any casual crafters in MMOs though. You're either hardcore online 24 hours a day crafting using a macro or bot while watching anime on your 2nd monitor or you don't craft in MMOs.

idk man this thread makes it sound like everybody is competitive

There are very economical ways to get blue scripts and with blue scripts you can buy adept gear and with adept gear red scripts aren't that hard to make. You only need to get to 4000 collectibility which is like 50% or so. I'm doing it in the next tier up from adept with no melds at all which isn't all that much more than adept.

I got all of the blue scripts I needed to get adept gear by making hardsilver gathering earrings which were easily made from gathering supplies.

I guess it really depends on what you mean by casual though. Like you definitely needs a lot of the level 50 cross-skills to do well and specialization helps a bit but you don't need to really dump millions in to gear to do well.

I did most of my blue script crafting with the Dhalmelskin Skin Gear that you can buy a full set of for like 80k from a vendor and unmelded also.

You do have to spend like 700k-1million worth of mats to craft the red scrips turn in stuff. So far I've seen 2 recipes that are cheaper than others, but even those are still like 20k each, and one of them only rewards 10scrips(the other hasn't been on the turn in list yet so not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 also), which means in the end it's the same price as the ones that costs 40k per item but reward twice as many scrips. That's per week.

Granted, you can then use those scrips to craft materials and sell them for a profit, maybe, but you have to invest several millions to buy gathering scrip mats, use your red scrips instead of keeping them to buy free gear, and selling those new mats at a profit(which means like 2-5millions per item, so you need buyers for that too). There's potential for large profits off the high end crafters buying your stuff so they can make their cool AF, but the initial investment is fairly ridiculous, and you're not really upgrading either, you're just selling mats, it's a bit like crafting rose gold nuggets and darksteel nuggets and such back in 2.0.

Aselith

You do have to spend like 700k-1million worth of mats to craft the red scrips turn in stuff. So far I've seen 2 recipes that are cheaper than others, but even those are still like 20k each, and one of them only rewards 10scrips(the other hasn't been on the turn in list yet so not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 also), which means in the end it's the same price as the ones that costs 40k per item but reward twice as many scrips. That's per week.

Granted, you can then use those scrips to craft materials and sell them for a profit, maybe, but you have to invest several millions to buy gathering scrip mats, use your red scrips instead of keeping them to buy free gear, and selling those new mats at a profit(which means like 2-5millions per item, so you need buyers for that too). There's potential for large profits off the high end crafters buying your stuff so they can make their cool AF, but the initial investment is fairly ridiculous, and you're not really upgrading either, you're just selling mats, it's a bit like crafting rose gold nuggets and darksteel nuggets and such back in 2.0.

I got a Chimerical Felt Tabard of Striking for mine last night which is maybe like 100k if you're buying all your stuff on the marketboard like an asshole. Most of that stuff is not that hard to get though and you can significantly reduce that cost.

http://xivdb.com/?item/10766/Chimerical-Felt-Tabard-of-Striking

The big thing is though he was talking about millions just to have the ability to make the Red Scrips which is just nah son. I mean you're going to have to invest but if you're smart about it you can reduce your costs by a ton which in the end...that's the crafter endgame. Cost reduction and profit generation.

I got a Chimerical Felt Tabard of Striking for mine last night which is maybe like 100k if you're buying all your stuff on the marketboard like an asshole. Most of that stuff is not that hard to get though and you can significantly reduce that cost.

http://xivdb.com/?item/10766/Chimerical-Felt-Tabard-of-Striking

Considering you need like 16 of these if they're starred to get 450 red scrips, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. And gathering materials then not selling them doesn't make the items you craft free. You're spending as much as the minimum you could buy the mats for(that means buying chimera mane instead of chimeral cloth and so on).

Rough prices without double checking, aurum regis is about 4k(500 per sand, 1000per gold ore plus crystals), amphiptere is about 7k(2k per skin, 500 for log plus crystals), chimerical felt is about 45k just counting the manes and the grade 1 dissolvents are about 10k each. All in all, that's about 75k worth of materials, that you could sell instead of using them to craft the item. Multiply that by 16 or however many turn ins you need(might be more tbh), and that's 1.2millions to cap scrips for the week.

Aselith

Considering you need like 16 of these if they're starred to get 450 red scrips, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. And gathering materials then not selling them doesn't make the items you craft free. You're spending as much as the minimum you could buy the mats for(that means buying chimera mane instead of chimeral cloth and so on).

Rough prices without double checking, aurum regis is about 4k(500 per sand, 1000per gold ore plus crystals), amphiptere is about 7k(2k per skin, 500 for log plus crystals), chimerical felt is about 45k just counting the manes and the grade 1 dissolvents are about 10k each. All in all, that's about 75k worth of materials, that you could sell instead of using them to craft the item. Multiply that by 16 or however many turn ins you need(might be more tbh), and that's 1.2millions to cap scrips for the week.

Yeah, you could sell those materials and then get just money. My point is you can sidestep the investment of your actual money by gathering the items. Feel free to sell mats to those of us that want to advance and you can keep making aurum regis nuggets for the rest of your life with no advancement to the high tier stuff that can give you high reward for smaller effort.

I'm saying I don't have to spend 5 million gil making scrips because I can go out and gather it all myself which in the end costs me some repair moneys. If I want to sidestep some time investment, I'll spend some money but I don't HAVE to spend millions to advance I spend time or money whichever I value less.

I mean with that attitude, I'd still be making wool yarn to sell for 1500 gold a pop because i can make more money buy just selling it on the market than I get from using it to advance.

Jayhawk

I had majority of the materials I needed to cap out red crafting scrips for the week today. Not too expensive. Already preparing for next week's scrips by sending out my retainers to gather crap.

Tabris

A1S is fun. First day we actually got to do it. Went through all mechanics already. The mechanics aren't super difficult to get, just execution on healing and soon DPS check.

EDIT - We made Faust check with our BRD w/o a Hive weapon and our SCH missing some Alex gear (was gearing SMN before our static), so we should be fine on Oppressor DPS check after getting down mechanics and fixing the BRD/SCH gear.

so i just got my ADS ball from frontline and ive spent the last 5-7 mins riding up and down this hill in front of my FC house in lavender beds.

so much fun can be had just riding up and down a hill on a ball

WolvenOne

....So, were there connection issues tonight for the game in general, or just me? I kinda derailed tonight's raid practice with repeated DC's and getting hit by attacks due to lag.

But, hey we can one-shot Faust now, so there's that.

(PS: I know that blaming things on lag is a bit of a stereotype, but maaaan! I was getting hit by attacks that on my screen were clear on the other side of the arena, and had gone off several seconds earlier. It was almost funny actually.)

Wilsongt

Did they tell you why?

I was waiting for them to requeue us. No one was saying anything. One person went to get a drink, I told them I'd be back real quick to take the dog out. I come back and was kicked, sent a tell, and no reply. Looked at PF and the group was back up, minus the DPS slot lol

Zomba13

So with Dota2 getting Type-0 promo items for the PC release I think SE should ramp up and give FFXIV more promo stuff. We only got the crossover events with DQ online and FFXI and the multiple events for every time Lightning Returned to something. Why don't we get Type-0 chocobo barding or a class zero moogle minion or the school uniform (with dyeable capes!).

iammeiam

Honestly Faust seems to be shittier for the tanks and healers. The DPS check is realish but not what's caused issues; tank drops and it goes to hell.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So with Dota2 getting Type-0 promo items for the PC release I think SE should ramp up and give FFXIV more promo stuff. We only got the crossover events with DQ online and FFXI and the multiple events for every time Lightning Returned to something. Why don't we get Type-0 chocobo barding or a class zero moogle minion or the school uniform (with dyeable capes!).
Don't forget about the FFXIV event in FF Record Keeper. Unless by "we" you meant the West.

I guess that one doesn't add anything to FFXIV, but it's still a promotion of the game.

WolvenOne

Honestly Faust seems to be shittier for the tanks and healers. The DPS check is realish but not what's caused issues; tank drops and it goes to hell.

The adds have a surprisingly large cleave for random trash, and that sometimes causes problems if the main tank or one of the healers gets knicked. Also, yeaaaaah, the Heal/Mitigation check is real.

I've uh been waiting damn near 2 years now for my FFX crossover event

They've released the FFX/X-2 HD Remaster for PS3/Vita and PS4 already but no damn event :(

Oh I'd definitely like those school uniforms with the short capes and stuff, a lot of them look really nice. Don't think it's happening though.

Wasn't aware Dota2 was getting Type-0 shit though. Then again I haven't played dota in a while, I just watch matches every now and then. I found out yesterday the international is next week or something, I had kinda forgotten about it, even though I keep saying posts about how much money it has reached(it's like over 17millions last time I checked, pretty funny stuff when you consider how much it was even a couple years back).

Top Bottom