• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Jayhawk

I was laughing a few weeks ago when Master Xtech was crafting X-Potions of Strength to sell because people were still buying them and they were more expensive than Draconian Potions of Strength.

Good thing I bought stacks of draconian potions before the prices went up and that our raid group get plenty of potions from our weekly sessions of dragonskin maps.

I don't think I've crafted a draconian potion yet. I should just sell the stacks of Furymint, Rue, and Coriander that I have.

Nuadha, if you want some potion help... we can work out a deal involving usage of your red scrips.

WolvenOne

I was laughing a few weeks ago when Master Xtech was crafting X-Potions of Strength to sell because people were still buying them and they were more expensive than Draconian Potions of Strength.

Good thing I bought stacks of draconian potions before the prices went up and that our raid group get plenty of potions from our weekly sessions of dragonskin maps.

I don't think I've crafted a draconian potion yet. I should just sell the stacks of Furymint, Rue, and Coriander that I have.

Nuadha, if you want some potion help... we can work out a deal involving usage of your red scrips.

What red Scrips? I'm still gearing up my miner. Though at this point, with so much of my time taken up with raiding, maintenance, and connection problems, I think I'm about ready to bite the bullet and buy some lvl60 gear, so I can at least get past that initial (gathering all the mats,) grind.

Jayhawk

What red Scrips? I'm still gearing up my miner. Though at this point, with so much of my time taken up with raiding, maintenance, and connection problems, I think I'm about ready to bite the bullet and buy some lvl60 gear, so I can at least get past that initial (gathering all the mats,) grind.

Your miner is level 60. You can get and use red scrips.

WolvenOne

Your miner is level 60. You can get and use red scrips.

Considering I don't have the gear necessary to get highly collectable Cuprite, I'm assuming most Red Scrip stuff is going to be out of my range right now. Suppose I should test this when I get home.

Edit: Actually to be clear, my gear is on the borderline for getting highly collectable Cuprite. I almost did it yesterday, but my RNG didn't hold out long enough. (Yes it's collectable enough, now I just need to collect a piece and "You Obtain Nothing," "Unspoiled Node can no longer be sensed." *Eyetwitch.*)

On the subject of SCH I feel like once again they really forced a specific job class into progression situations.

They are always doing this to prevent job-stacking comps, it's been like this since groups were running 2 PLD + 2 BRD BCoB comps. What's interesting is how Squenix have been trying so hard to find ways to gimp DRK and make sure WAR is never quite as good as PLD just to avoid another invincible PLD situation but they also refuse to ever nerf PLD because reasons. They refuse to make the other 2 tanks as good as PLD for pure damage mitigation but they also refuse to nerf PLD so PLD is the invincible chosen one anointed MT forever and ever.

scy

It's funny you say that when DRK/WAR are the better tanks for A1S and PLD is better in A2S for reasons entirely separate from their tanking ability.

Jayhawk

Considering I don't have the gear necessary to get highly collectable Cuprite, I'm assuming most Red Scrip stuff is going to be out of my range right now. Suppose I should test this when I get home.

I am crafting your gear for you. I will also teach you the rotations you will be using. Any more questions?

Tabris

They are always doing this to prevent job-stacking comps, it's been like this since groups were running 2 PLD + 2 BRD BCoB comps. What's interesting is how Squenix have been trying so hard to find ways to gimp DRK and make sure WAR is never quite as good as PLD just to avoid another invincible PLD situation but they also refuse to ever nerf PLD because reasons. They refuse to make the other 2 tanks as good as PLD for pure damage mitigation but they also refuse to nerf PLD so PLD is the invincible chosen one anointed MT forever and ever.

PLD isn't great on A1S due to lack of physical attacks / no blocking. I assume PLD will be required for A3S though due to all the physical hits there. That's why I'm hesitant to change jobs when I can get PLD weapon next week.

The new AF2 gearing kind of prevents you from having options on what you take into a Turn until you get enough so for your weapon + gear set then another weapon.

EDIT - They should change Bulwark and Sheltron so it also has the ability to block magical damage.

WolvenOne

I am crafting your gear for you. I will also teach you the rotations you will be using. Any more questions?

That's way too generous for my taste, and far too much for some scripps. Just tell me what pieces I should be replacing first when I log on. Direction alone is worth some of my scrips.

IvorB

So in a nutshell, YoshiP and Co. were tired of seeing something meant to keep most the "hardcore" players occupied for a few months being slain in less than a week ... twice with SCoB and FCoB. The more recent Final Coil overcome by an oversight on T12 and the developers underestimating the potential gained from crafted gear melded with materia to achieve desired stats that bypassed the balances in place on loot gear that the raid content was designed around.

So as a result, they actually put the savage into Alex Savage for once, after EZ mode Alex made everyone go "lol savage" until they met Agent Fraust. Meanwhile the gods of raiding proceeded to bang out A1/A2 as expected, but then "lol gear check is real" A3 appeared and they complained about it. But lord savior crafting in part 2 of patch would be the answer, except it isn't the quick fix answer they thought, and thus it looks like, barring some exploit or ridiculous strategy, Alexander Savage will not be blown up in the span of a week as before, instead being more like First Coil where you had to actually gear up to beat turns and it took some time.

Unless I missed something and A3S was cleared by somebody finally made it longer than 3 mins into the fight?

This is funny because everyone was saying "lol goblins suck, nobody wants to raid against goblins ha ha". Who's laughing now? I tell you who, Faust and his little goblin buddies. Ha ha!

Sorian

Banned
The exciting world of 3.0 crafting and gathering! I got requests to stream when I was doing the new gathering favors last night, so they could learn information.

FOR SCIENCE.

How long do I get to be your indentured slave for information and gear?

WolvenOne

I should note, that it sounds like crafted gear may not be the answer for A3, even if people could freely craft it already. It sounds like the outgoing damage makes both T13 and A1 look like a walk in the park, and crafted gear isn't usually so good for taking damage. (Well, accessories, but outside of that.)

Wilsongt

You're begging for red scrips like a junkie on crack.

Jayhawk

You're begging for red scrips like a junkie on crack.

TyroneBiggums.jpg

You got some of them scrips as red as my hat?

WolvenOne

still have shit luck in peasant alex. i gotta stop.

got a little comfort in mael wins. adders were too strong these past days.

For the first few days Immortal Flames were doing really well it seemed. Last few days though, ugh. Tried one earlier today, and more than a third of the players ignored a Node that was 15 feet away from our previous node point. Instead this third ran away from the Node to attack a Twin Adders camp where the node had already disappeared.

ಠ_ಠ

Then they blamed the whole thing on bad RNG.

(╯ಠ_ಠ)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

To be clear, I don't care about individual matches too much since I still get experience and Esoterics, but I do want that ADS mount someday. So it'd be nice if I could see some wins on a half regular basis.

Sorian

Banned
The
moon
will be a 24-man raid you AFK on for 45mins. Get excited.

It'll drop a card that I'll have to run 100 times for, at least.

Ready for this prediction? It's a doozy. I bet that the 3.x 24-man raid will actually be a part of the main story line instead of being a side quest.

Edit: Afking in the 24 man stuff has always lead to my favorite trolls. Putting someone on follow right at the start, they guide me all the way through trash to first boss, realize I have them on follow and try to get me killed with a mechanic, finally get me in just the right position, attack is about to hit, ......and I move out of the way and put them right back on follow.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Having a terrible time taking jobs through leveling or high level roulette. It's rare indeed to find competent people there now. I don't even care about healing or tank bonuses, I just don't want to step foot in those places anymore unless I'm with FC members.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Haven't had an opportunity to play much, decided to go for WHM, but now I have to level up THM and ARC to get the cross class goodness. I also haven't gotten around to getting my BRD's ilvl up to snuff to clear Bismarck and Ravana cause I don't want to run the Gubal Library a billion times atm and all the gear at ilvl150 on the MB is too expensive. y u do this square :(

Alrus

Haven't had an opportunity to play much, decided to go for WHM, but now I have to level up THM and ARC to get the cross class goodness. I also haven't gotten around to getting my BRD's ilvl up to snuff to clear Bismarck and Ravana cause I don't want to run the Gubal Library a billion times atm and all the gear at ilvl150 on the MB is too expensive. y u do this square :(

Afaik you can buy i150 gear from the vendor in Azys Lla. Gear sucks but it'll get you at a decent enough ilvl to be able to start farming law.

Leveling daily roulette doesn't stack, does it? I've been able to do two today (Stone Sigil earlier on, and now Dzemael Darkhold) and also got all of the bonus exp both times - I didn't do it yesterday, but it surely doesn't stack, right? I'm a little confused, but it means I've gone from 55 to 56 in one day, can't complain lol

iammeiam

LLDR bonuses aren't saved but it's possible to do one in the morning before reset and one after and get both bonuses.

Go to Helix in Azys Lia. A vendor there sells NQ iLVL 150 left-side gear. Buy that, start doing EXDR dungeons for law. You should never have to grind Library for anything but EXP (and even then only if you want to level by playing the class and not just FATE grind.)

Sorian

Banned
Leveling daily roulette doesn't stack, does it? I've been able to do two today (Stone Sigil earlier on, and now Dzemael Darkhold) and also got all of the bonus exp both times - I didn't do it yesterday, but it surely doesn't stack, right? I'm a little confused, but it means I've gone from 55 to 56 in one day, can't complain lol

The reset is at 11am eastern time. Did you do one early in the morning NA time and then one later today?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Afaik you can buy i150 gear from the vendor in Azys Lla. Gear sucks but it'll get you at a decent enough ilvl to be able to start farming law.
Go to Helix in Azys Lia. A vendor there sells NQ iLVL 150 left-side gear. Buy that, start doing EXDR dungeons for law. You should never have to grind Library for anything but EXP (and even then only if you want to level by playing the class and not just FATE grind.)
Bless the both of you.

chrono01

My understanding of the opener is um ... Sharp+Ley on pull -> F3 + Eno -> F1 + PotRS. Since you're doing the B3 opener, I'd guess it's B3+Ley -> T1+Sharp -> F3+Eno -> F1+PotRS? You should be able to get at most around 6 hits in that potion (4x F4, Swift F4, FS'd F3) and an extra F4 on RS should be the most damage you can squeeze out of the buffs.

Not actually a BLM though so where's Makotoooooo
He has appeared!

The beauty about BLM right now is that there are many different variations of an opener, so none of them are inherently "wrong" [unless you're really doing things in a confusing order]. For me, my opener looks like:

Quelling Strikes > Sharpcast > Ley Lines > Fire III > Enochian > Fire I > INT Potion > Raging Strikes > Fire IV x 3 > Firestarter Proc > Convert > Fire IV x3 > Blizzard III > Thunder I > Blizzard IV > Fire III

[This is assuming you have a WHM/SCH or WHM/AST in your group for the extra MP, but I'm guessing that isn't an issue.]

Sometimes it looks like I won't have enough time to get the Blizzard IV off [if the MP tick doesn't come right away], so I'll Swiftcast it. It really depends on how much Spell Speed or have, as well as other factors [such as, if you have Fey Glow/Arrow Card/etc.].

Top Bottom