• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyway whole crafting system is annoying atm, requiring 4-5 of everything to make anything, stupid hidden materials for basic material combines(hardsilver, titanium) and unspoiled on a non 60 material(adamantite, which they also picked for red scrips, to make sure they're worth a completely stupid amount) or like the stuff they had to add to a vendor at launch cause "eh guys let's put an unspoiled material in lvl 50 leather requirement, yay". Nerfed the good procs on everything to make crafting more RNG based and promote the specialization stuff even though it's weak that it'll still be worse than before based on RNG. And the red scrips nonsense.

Holy shit. You're reading my mind. This is literally what goes through my head as I try to level. =( It just feels like that made it a pain in the ass for the sake of being a pain in the ass. =(

Oh could be I haven't checked since savage opened so I guess the demand skyrocketted especially with Faust. Just before though they were like the same as the old X pots prices due to maps. Can just use X pots anyway, the difference isn't really worth the cost, I mean if you NEED to meet the DPS check, the draco pots are slightly better, but the jump isn't nearly as much as it should be and once people start getting those i200 eso pieces, I'm sure they'll stop bothering buying draco pots.

The main 2 problems with them honestly are the fact that you only get 1 per synth and that you need a rare botanist item that has a fairly low spawn chance on an ephemeral node, which it being on those kind of nodes is a problem in itself. As far as use goes, they really just are not a big enough increase over x-pots and if you have to rely on them over x-pots to clear certain content (like the Faust check) then you probably shouldn't be doing said content if that 20 mainstat increase is just barely enough to kill it.

Honestly they need to go back to the drawing board on both alchemy and culinarian if they want either of them to have any real use at endgame, other than feeding other crafts. Why do single use, low duration items use the same amount of mats as something that you can wear forever? Why all these expensive/rare mats to make something that is barely better than lvl 50 shit, which you can make multiple of (in alchemists case) and use cheap, easy to find mats? Culinarian is honestly worse off in this case, since the best food requires blue crafter scrip mats or multiple hard to catch fish, at least with fury mint you can get 12 everytime you rng a pop on the node.

iammeiam

As far as use goes, they really just are not a big enough increase over x-pots and if you have to rely on them over x-pots to clear certain content (like the Faust check) then you probably shouldn't be doing said content if that 20 mainstat increase is just barely enough to kill it.

I'm going to assume you don't realize how condescending this sounds--DPS checks at present are a thing; no, Faust isn't going to slaughter you without Drac pots, and I don't know of anyone who seriously blows them there, but if popping a Drac pot in my opener on Oppressor buys me a little more damage that allows me an oops on a few GCDs down the road in an eight and a half minute fight (that many are killing during the ten second enrage cast), wanting that leeway doesn't mean I have no business in the content.

The problem with Draconian pots isn't that people have the audacity to want to use them, it's just down to the shitty way they're implemented.

Alrus

Please fix Alex normal loot system. Farming for 4 hours is not right. KTHX SE.

It shouldn't take this long if you're doing it with a farm party. Maybe I've just been lucky but PF have filled up really quick and people have stayed until everyone got their loot every time I've done it.

Trying to get your loot through DF is infuriating though, indeed.

If you want a specific drop, even in a PF farm party it can take a while. If you want literally anything, it should work out, though every now and then you join a PF that says 4runs and then they do one run and they're done because they already did 3 runs then some guy left so you're just replacing them. Or two guys leave then you lose the rolls on the 2 last item and get nothing. And that's assuming you actually roll on everything, a lot of ppl who want savage alex ilvl want specific pieces of gear since not every piece is good.

I mean, for me? Not a big problem, I'm gearing my monk, my scholar, my paladin and I've already planned my black mage stuff, so I can almost literally pick anything in Alex and it'll be useful, but if I wanted to gear only my monk or sch, I'd want specific pieces. So yeah the system is kinda annoying, mostly because everyone can roll on everything. In 1drop a week CT, sure you had to run a bunch of times for your specific drop, but a lot of the time when it did drop, you were rolling against 1 other person, at most, besides some crazy situations with DPS where you'd end up with 4bards in your groups all rolling on those pants or whatever. In alex, the loot tables are a lot smaller(3 items per floor, and items drop 2 at a time), but you can still run without getting the drop you want, and once it drops, you're often rolling against several people, and in DF most often rolling versus 5-7people.

Hope Alex 2 system is improved over this one. Just having 3 chests would probably help quite a bit.

Valor

I can almost guarantee that party, if fully formed, dissolved after 15 mins wiping on Faust.

My brother joined a PF for A1S on their first time in there and got Oppressor to 2% by the end before he ducked out so as not to accidentally clear before his static.

I don't really believe it either, though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My brother joined a PF for A1S on their first time in there and got Oppressor to 2% by the end before he ducked out so as not to accidentally clear before his static.

Your brother is a liar.

Sorian

Banned

This sounds trustworthy. When I was younger, I believed that kid that said his dad worked for nintendo when no one else did and I got free stuff because of it.

gai_shain

I bought the base game for 10 bucks on steam to try it out and im not getting the email with the confirmation code and I also dont get an email when I try registering directly on the site. Been waiting for almost 1 1/2 hours now, atleast its possible to get a refund now if I dont get the email

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I bought the base game for 10 bucks on steam to try it out and im not getting the email with the confirmation code and I also dont get an email when I try registering directly on the site. Been waiting for almost 1 1/2 hours now, atleast its possible to get a refund now if I dont get the email
Use something else than gmail.

What's with ilvl180 or almost 180 Bismark EX training parties? What kind of training is that?
Higher ilevel requirement is for the dps because the vast majority of people playing dps have no fucking idea what they are doing and just mash buttons and thusly have poor damage output.

suzu

Check your spam/junk folder? Or make an account with another email and then switch it later in the account settings or something.

Use something else than gmail.

Gmail should work.

Tabris

Higher ilevel requirement is for the dps because the vast majority of people playing dps have no fucking idea what they are doing and just mash buttons and thusly have poor damage output.

The amount of BRD's losing DPS by jumping around like an idiot not facing the mob is insane.

iammeiam

What's with ilvl180 or almost 180 Bismark EX training parties? What kind of training is that?

It's a sign the party will probably consist of overgeared players who don't know what they're doing and will finger-point a lot.

Give it a few more weeks of Alex normal drops and it'll creep to i189.

The amount of BRD's losing DPS by jumping around like an idiot not facing the mob is insane.

2.x complaint ain't got no business in this 3.x world.

Ferr986

I feel like it's more like people wants to be carried, honestly.

It's a sign the party will probably consist of overgeared players who don't know what they're doing and will finger-point a lot.

Give it a few more weeks of Alex normal drops and it'll creep to i189.

And this.

iammeiam

Nobody cares about your shitty job to know the changes, that's why :p

It's more confirmation that your constant harping on Bard AA during 2.x didn't actually reflect any DPS impact it was making since... it kind of doesn't anymore and you were still on about it.

Also ditched that bard mess ages ago.

Tabris

It's more confirmation that your constant harping on Bard AA during 2.x didn't actually reflect any DPS impact it was making since... it kind of doesn't anymore and you were still on about it.

It definitely reflected DPS impact. All auto-attacks have DPS impact. From non-strafing melees and tanks to non-book slapping SMNs.

I just didn't know WM removed auto-attacks cause I no longer need to know anything about BRD. There's lots of new JA's I haven't learned actually due to no interest in the job.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Check your spam/junk folder? Or make an account with another email and then switch it later in the account settings or something.

Gmail should work.
I know it should (I'm using it myself), but some pages ago this happened:
No. I'm gonna go ahead and assume you used Gmail. When playing the trial, I tried 3 different ones and it never arrived. Ended up using a new Yahoo account and it arrived instantly.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It definitely reflected DPS impact. All auto-attacks have DPS impact. From non-strafing melees and tanks to non-book slapping SMNs.

I just didn't know WM removed auto-attacks cause I no longer need to know anything about BRD. There's lots of new JA's I haven't learned actually due to no interest in the job.

Weren't you guys specifically looking for a bard for your static?

iammeiam

It always read more like you read that somewhere and latched on to it because you can't parse and needed something to berate people about. AAs had an impact, but in most cases the dropped AAs couldn't compare to other basic class issues a lot of people exhibited.

You cared enough about bard AAs to still bring it up as an example of massive class underperformance despite it literally not mattering. Complaining just to complain.

Tabris

It always read more like you read that somewhere and latched on to it because you can't parse and needed something to berate people about. AAs had an impact, but in most cases the dropped AAs couldn't compare to other basic class issues a lot of people exhibited.

I have others that parse for me. What berating? You mean when I see random people in dungeons jumping around like idiots missing AAs, I would comment on it in /fc?

You cared enough about bard AAs to still bring it up as an example of massive class underperformance despite it literally not mattering. Complaining just to complain.

I commented on people jumping around losing auto-attacks being insane as an example of people mashing buttons.

Tabris

Maybe you just have bad luck then.

Maybe. But we were just commenting on bad DPS mashing buttons, so obviously others experience the same thing.

To be fair, it is a small subset as I rarely run dungeons and when I do, it's usually with people I know. So the times I don't, I focus on things going wrong because they take much longer and I hate dungeons after doing them a couple times.

Lanrutcon

So 'amber encased vilekin'...I can't get solid info on where to get these. Leve rewards? Leve chests? what kind of leves? which level of leves?

Like, any info would be great.

Top Bottom