• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Audioboxer

Just got Squall card :)
And yet Gegeruju still won't drop the bloody Minfilia! So stingy ;_;

Did you get the Gaius card? Indolent Imperial farming is real. Worst card for me to get yet. Mainly because he has a 4 card inventory to drop from and drop rate on Gaius must be under 1%.

I need to level up to 50 to play Gegeruju and get the squall card. I have 40 odd cards in total so far. Spent more time card hunting than levelling lol.

Think I'm getting my tanking legs under me again. Been a while since I tanked but my Dusk Vigil run went off without a hitch. Helped that everyone actually attacked the things I marked.

EMIaYwS.jpg

Oh and Lala tanks are the bravest tanks because they are tanking things hundreds of times their size in some cases.

dramatis

So 'amber encased vilekin'...I can't get solid info on where to get these. Leve rewards? Leve chests? what kind of leves? which level of leves?

Like, any info would be great.
Chests that appear randomly in battlecraft leves you do from Foundation (Ishgard). Right next to the levemete NPC in Ishgard, there is an Amber Trader with whom you trade the vilekin you pick up for accessories.

Valor

So about that pvp comeback last night from maelstrom with felix, rai, galen, korra,and sekami..I AM STILL HYPED AHHHHHHH

lol It was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. Also got me my 7th frontline match and 3rd win of the week so I'm done with pvp \o/

Did you get the Gaius card? Indolent Imperial farming is real. Worst card for me to get yet. Mainly because he has a 4 card inventory to drop from and drop rate on Gaius must be under 1%.

I need to level up to 50 to play Gegeruju and get the squall card. I have 40 odd cards in total so far. Spent more time card hunting than levelling lol.

I did a random Praetorium a few weeks ago or something to help someone with the story and a Gaius card randomly dropped at the end for me. I guess once a year or so, good deeds really are rewarded in FFXIV.

Armaros

after getting drg to 60 and coming back to bard (currently at 57) i just feel so much more at home with it

If a person don't like a class, most likely, they won't put in the extra effort to play the class at its fullest.

It happens a lot in MMOs where people gravitate toward the flavor of the patch class.

Wagram

Pretty much gave up on TT myself. 2,000+ wins on the imperial and no Gaius. Tourny's are rigged to the point where people with 0 wins are in the top twenty, and the drop rate on cards is so damn random.

What a waste, but hey it's SE so i'm not shocked they fucked it up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pretty much gave up on TT myself. 2,000+ wins on the imperial and no Gaius. Tourny's are rigged to the point where people with 0 wins are in the top twenty, and the drop rate on cards is so damn random.

What a waste, but hey it's SE so i'm not shocked they fucked it up.

Just do Praetorium if you want Gaius. I got two of him just from that.

Hit 50 on my paladin last night and completed the story dungeons. I now understand what people mean by the cutscenes completely interrupting the run over and over. I'll have to catch up later in the inn because everyone was in full rush mode. The group turned the place into a zergfest.

Quick question: what's the purpose of Allagan Tomestones for someone pressing on towards 60 content? Should I focus on grinding them for anything or will my HW quests give me better gear?

Would you guys suggest I keep grinding MSQ to 60, or at least unlock HW stuff, prior to messing around with alts? I am interested to level up a healer to go with my tank, and I'd like to try my hand at DRK to compare it with my paladin.

chrono01

Quick question: what's the purpose of Allagan Tomestones for someone pressing on towards 60 content? Should I focus on grinding them for anything or will my HW quests give me better gear?

Would you guys suggest I keep grinding MSQ to 60, or at least unlock HW stuff, prior to messing around with alts? I am interested to level up a healer to go with my tank, and I'd like to try my hand at DRK to compare it with my paladin.
It's not worth grinding out Tomestones pre-Heavensward. The gear you receive from the quests in Heavensward is better, so feel free to continue working towards that.

As for grinding to 60 first before leveling alts, I'd recommend it just so you can unlock the daily dungeons for Tomestone of Esoterics, as well as end-game content for your main [Alexander]. Once you do that you can go back and level up your alts, so you have something else to do when you're bored of your main.

It's not worth grinding out Tomestones pre-Heavensward. The gear you receive from the quests in Heavensward is better, so feel free to continue working towards that.

As for grinding to 60 first before leveling alts, I'd recommend it just so you can unlock the daily dungeons for Tomestone of Esoterics, as well as end-game content for your main [Alexander]. Once you do that you can go back and level up your alts, so you have something else to do when you're bored of your main.

Thanks a bunch. My only question mark is what job I'll main. I only really know paladin so far (and conjurer to 18ish), so I still need to test out the other tanking options. Dark Knight has the appeal of starting at 30, so I'll give it a shot.

gryvan

But the desynthesis potential!!!!

mael was pretty amazing on chaos tonight. had like 10 wins and only 3 losses. queues were fixed for a day as well. saw some dude hitting level 50 already.

i got broken queues all day yesterday and had to give up early :( this shit still isn't fixed.

Ken

Thanks a bunch. My only question mark is what job I'll main. I only really know paladin so far (and conjurer to 18ish), so I still need to test out the other tanking options. Dark Knight has the appeal of starting at 30, so I'll give it a shot.

WAR is probably one of the strongest tanks at the moment, due to their DPS output and also that their defensive cooldowns don't care if the damage is physical or magical (except Raw Intuition and lolsight). DRK and PLD seem to kind of occupy about the same tier?

As for fun WAR, DRK, and then PLD IMO.

Xux

When are they gonna let us pick a sixth cross-class ability at level 60? That was pretty surprising that they didn't.

Also, this instance lag makes the MCH tunnel vision totally real.

Tabris

Our static is now made up of GAF, ZR, SF, and GSC members. Bitter enemies. Star-crossed lovers. GAF'd and ZR'd together. Montagues and Capulets.

Tabris

WAR is probably one of the strongest tanks at the moment, due to their DPS output and also that their defensive cooldowns don't care if the damage is physical or magical (except Raw Intuition and lolsight). DRK and PLD seem to kind of occupy about the same tier?

All depends on the fight. Any magic based boss, DRK will excel in (A1S and A4S), but any physical based boss, PLD will excel in (A2S and A3S).

I do agree with WAR being in general the best out of the three as they are versatile in both situations. I think DRK can technically output slightly more DPS in a pure OT / 5th DPS situation based on theory craft threads and parse videos I've seen, but if they have to manage boss or adds, it drops a decent amount.

BadRNG

I think DRK can technically output slightly more DPS in a pure OT / 5th DPS situation based on theory craft threads and parse videos I've seen, but if they have to manage boss or adds, it drops a decent amount.
They are also massive TP hogs (run dry in just 2m30s or so), so you have to build around them and bring an AST or NIN to get consistent dps from them.

Dunkley

Hey guys, I got a question and was wondering if anyone here could help me out.

The thing is, I currently have game time running on my account, but am considering picking up the PS4 version for convenience. Will the time provided by purchasing that version stack with my current game time, or not?

Ken

Hey guys, I got a question and was wondering if anyone here could help me out.

The thing is, I currently have game time running on my account, but am considering picking up the PS4 version for convenience. Will the time provided by purchasing that version stack with my current game time, or not?

Yes.

lewisgone

Tried Thornmarch Extreme last night without really knowing just how serious it was. That was....stressful. People vote abandoned :( I thought I did okay...did mess up interrupting a meteor and die once though. Apparently our tank didn't have enough health? I might need to ask you guys for help in that later. I'm Bayard Crescent in the game, by the way. First I need to get better gear though. I've been buying that level 120 gear with poetic tomestones - that's a good idea, right? (For someone working their way through the patch story quests).

I think I need to see video of someones hands while playing the game with a keyboard. I got the PC version so I can play at different times and I'm having real trouble transitioning to using the keyboard well.

Lanrutcon

Tried Thornmarch Extreme last night without really knowing just how serious it was. That was....stressful. People vote abandoned :( I thought I did okay...did mess up interrupting a meteor and die once though. Apparently our tank didn't have enough health? I might need to ask you guys for help in that later. I'm Bayard Crescent in the game, by the way. First I need to get better gear though. I've been buying that level 120 gear with poetic tomestones - that's a good idea, right? (For someone working their way through the patch story quests).

I think I need to see video of someones hands while playing the game with a keyboard. I got the PC version so I can play at different times and I'm having real trouble transitioning to using the keyboard well.

Was that your first Extreme? Because Thornmatch is very tame compared to most of the rest.

A few pointers:
- Really helps if people watched a video.
- Mark the kill order.
- Mark the freaking kill order.

You want stressful, you should give Titan Ex a try. Utterly relentless.

lewisgone

Was that your first Extreme? Because Thornmatch is very tame compared to most of the rest.

A few pointers:
- Really helps if people watched a video.
- Mark the kill order.
- Mark the freaking kill order.

You want stressful, you should give Titan Ex a try. Utterly relentless.

It was my first extreme. Really, that was the tamest?!

And I also wasn't aware of a kill order (seeing as you aren't supposed to attack any Moogles below 10%), only that BLM and WHM should be attacked last so they always have enough health to survive getting focused to stop a spell.

Edit: Sorry, just saw Frumix's post.

Top Bottom