• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I would assume Korra turned off the stream before the real show started.

We wiped twice to regular mode A1 because I think we all had varying levels of not caring in the least

I think we all went back to watching that Floor 3 Savage marathon of pain of suffering by then lol.

Hi all,

I'm trying to install this again after being away for a long time.

I've downloaded the EU client from here:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

and installed it.

When I go to login, it tells me this:
DoOjMh1.png

I'm a little bit perplexed, as when I try to sign in, it tells me I already have FF14 assigned to my account and wont let me continue, which is true as its my existing account.

Any suggestions?

Sorian

Banned
Hi all,

I'm trying to install this again after being away for a long time.

I've downloaded the EU client from here:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

and installed it.

When I go to login, it tells me this:
http://i.imgur.com/DoOjMh1.png[/MG]

I'm a little bit perplexed, as when I try to sign in, it tells me I already have FF14 assigned to my account and wont let me continue, which is true as its my existing account.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Might as well check first. You own an EU version of the game? Everything is region specific so if your account is not an EU account then that launcher won't recognize anything.

Might as well check first. You own an EU version of the game? Everything is region specific so if your account is not an EU account then that launcher won't recognize anything.

Yup, EU Client installed, EU Account.

As soon as I try to login, I get this message:

RMB7Hej.png

Do I need an active account before it lets me in?
I was hoping to leave it downloading the game before subbing.

Sorian

Banned
Yup, EU Client installed, EU Account.

As soon as I try to login, I get this message:

http://i.imgur.com/RMB7Hej.png[IMG]

Do I need an active account before it lets me in?
I was hoping to leave it downloading the game before subbing.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah, you're subscription has to be active for you to be able to update the game files.

Sorian

Banned
Just subbed for a month and tried to login again, exact same error message.

Will leave it 5 minutes to see if it needs to filter through.

The only other issue I could be seeing (and I don't know the answer to this because I started playing for free trials were a thing) is I see that second picture you posted said something specifically about how you would not be eligible for a free trial. Is there a different launcher for free trial vs. normal game?

Why not?

The only other issue I could be seeing (and I don't know the answer to this because I started playing for free trials were a thing) is I see that second picture you posted said something specifically about how you would not be eligible for a free trial. Is there a different launcher for free trial vs. normal game?

Apparently there isnt.

I downloaded the client from the EU client page.

If all else fails I can borrow discs from my friend, but this is a shambles of an operation to re-sub to.

(If it turns out I am doing something wrong then I am prepared to retract that comment!)

Sorian

Banned
Apparently there isnt.

I downloaded the client from the EU client page.

If all else fails I can borrow discs from my friend, but this is a shambles of an operation to re-sub to.

(If it turns out I am doing something wrong then I am prepared to retract that comment!)

Unfortunately, discs won't do much, you still need a working launcher for all of the updates not included on the discs. I haven't seen this come up in awhile (or at all?) so I get the feeling it's a user error but I'm not 100% sure where the problem is.

Ok, messed about a bit and noticed the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file in My Documents.

Went into it and changed:

StartupCompleted 0

to

StartupCompleted 1

and it by passed the free trial part and let me login to download the game..

What a fucking mess of a system, lol

Unfortunately, discs won't do much, you still need a working launcher for all of the updates not included on the discs. I haven't seen this come up in awhile (or at all?) so I get the feeling it's a user error but I'm not 100% sure where the problem is.

It looks as though the program was stuck in Free Trial mode, regardless of what I clicked.

I edited the config file and it seems to be working now.

Can't say I'm happy with how it had to be done, but they dont seem to detail anything on their website for returning players.

Ah well, downloading now!

Sorian

Banned
It looks as though the program was stuck in Free Trial mode, regardless of what I clicked.

I edited the config file and it seems to be working now.

Can't say I'm happy with how it had to be done, but they dont seem to detail anything on their website for returning players.

Ah well, downloading now!

That is a shame and yeah, looks to be on them then. Welcome back though.

Edit: Wondering if that is an EU specific issue. (Wouldn't surprise me with how SE is sometimes).

That is a shame and yeah, looks to be on them then. Welcome back though.

Edit: Wondering if that is an EU specific issue. (Wouldn't surprise me with how SE is sometimes).

Thinking about it, I did install the free trial client first, thinking it would just let me login with my normal account.
I wonder when uninstalling it, it didnt remove the Final Fantasy Folder from the My Documents area of the PC and the full client just kept reading that file.

So it might well have been my error, but still an oversight by SE to leave that file there.

Tabris

Because it's interesting seeing how others work out new content? You seem upset.

Nope, not at all really. I know Korra streams. I was just curious why you would watch.

Don't lie, it's because you were hoping I would sing horribly for everyone :) That only happens when I'm drunk and that's rare with our current times as I would need to be drinking in middle of the day. A couple Mimosa's at brunch isn't enough :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nope, not at all really. I know Korra streams. I was just curious why you would watch.

Don't lie, it's because you were hoping I would sing horribly for everyone :) That only happens when I'm drunk and that's rare with our current times as I would need to be drinking in middle of the day. A couple Mimosa's at brunch isn't enough :)

In truth I never turn the audio on. :eek:

Tabris

Not really. I can visually see what is happening.

I disagree.

Without the conversation on adjustments, you can't see how we work out new content. For example, we had a conversation on changing to assigned prey target healing yesterday and that significantly changed out attempts. Just been our 2nd session as a new static, so lots to work out.

Plus half the time it's us sitting around discussing, so must be boring. Not sure why you would watch that.

WolvenOne

Question, is there a good reason to level a Fishing retainer? Beside getting Shark Oil ingredients via Ventures? Leveling a retainer just for Shark Oil seems a little drastic.

PS: Now that I've gotten used to it, getting Red Scrips for gatherers doesn't seem that bad. Can't comment on Crafters though, I've never really enjoyed crafting that much to begin with.

PPS: Yes Jayhawk, you'll be getting your scripps. No need to break my thumbs.

Question, is there a good reason to level a Fishing retainer? Beside getting Shark Oil ingredients via Ventures? Leveling a retainer just for Shark Oil seems a little drastic.

PS: Now that I've gotten used to it, getting Red Scrips for gatherers doesn't seem that bad. Can't comment on Crafters though, I've never really enjoyed crafting that much to begin with.

The 50+ stuff is all garbage, can't get any of the semi decent fishing stuff, so yeah it's mostly shark oil. Oh and minions, Fishing gets all the best minions.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm still trying to work out the best way to get red scripps on my fisher.
I refuse to level up the other gathering classes.

1 battle and 1 fisher should be enough for me.

WolvenOne

Kagari spent 6M on a minion you get from level 55 fishing venture last week, so...

And the enterprise does not break thumbs.

Knees then?

Point, and Shark Oil ingredients alone are a pretty darn good incentive. Between Warriors, Paladins, Dark Knights, Dragoons, and Monks, there's always going to be a market for those, unless Draconian Pots become dirt cheap. Just, the thought of taking my Fisher class all the way to sixty, then taking a retainer that's already leveled and taking it back down to zero, well it's not a pleasant thought.

Can you get crystals/shards etc from Fisher retainers? That'd give me quick access to extra shards at least.

50+ Fishing is nothing but trash?

..... Was it a mistake?

I don't know what they thought, but basically everything you can get in ventures is fishes that have either absolutely no use or are used for GC daily turn in. None of the stuff you need for CUL recipes or like GSM earrings and stuff, just dumb fish that has no use other than desynth. I'm not 60 I'm like 58 but heard the last 2 levels are the same. At least the pre 50 you could get Red coral or the 2 sharks and it was fairly decent money, plus minions. Now it's just minion.

Tabris

Shark Oil shelf life won't be long. They are good now because people are picking up HQ X-potions over NQ Draconian. But as soon as more 60 Alchemists are geared, the HQ Draconians will become more accessible.

Valor

I disagree.

Without the conversation on adjustments, you can't see how we work out new content. For example, we had a conversation on changing to assigned prey target healing yesterday and that significantly changed out attempts. Just been our 2nd session as a new static, so lots to work out.

Plus half the time it's us sitting around discussing, so must be boring. Not sure why you would watch that.
Whenever I watch other groups stream I usually just have it up on my computer and do other things while it plays. Once in a while I'll look over to the stream and watch for a bit, but I don't intently ever watch 90% of the video content I have playing. Some people only watch for the results of a pull or once a pull begins.

I prefer seeing things by you describing things to me on Mumble.
I do have a colorful way of describing things, like my current crafting gear.

Can you get crystals/shards etc from Fisher retainers? That'd give me quick access to extra shards at least.

No options for crystals and shards but you can get fish from them.

Jayhawk

Hah. The bottleneck for Draconian production from Alchemists is the supply of Furymints being limited to a rare pop in ephemeral nodes available only 1/6th of the time. You get more Draconian potions just spamming Dragonskin maps. You usually get a handful of one type of potion per map.

I do have a colorful way of describing things, like my current crafting gear.

If only you had another DoH at 60 instead of BSM...

Jayhawk

You'll be having a huge supply of crystals soon, when you're ready for the next phase of the enterprise gathering program.

Shards: I can't help you with that. Post-50 stuff doesn't use them, so you won't need a lot.

Fishing retainer doesn't get shards/crystals, but you can just get sharks, sell them and buy more shards/crystal than you would get from ventures anyway.

WolvenOne

Hah. The bottleneck for Draconian production from Alchemists is the supply of Furymints being limited to a rare pop in ephemeral nodes available only 1/6th of the time. You get more Draconian potions just spamming Dragonskin maps. You usually get a handful of one type of potion per map.

Are they NQ or HQ? If it's the former, then yeah there'll always be a market for X-Potions of Strength. NQ Draconian Pots have about the same values as HQ X-Pots, and it'll be easier to get big stacks of the later.

You'll be having a huge supply of crystals soon, when you're ready for the next phase of the enterprise gathering program.

Shards: I can't help you with that. Post-50 stuff doesn't use them, so you won't need a lot.

My Miner retainer should hit the level where she can Mine up Crystals for me soon, so that's not a problem. The only reason I mentioned Shards on Fisher is that if I did reset another retainer that'd give me something to have them do for me while I leveled them up. Probably smarter to just buy another retainer. *Siiiiigh.*

Jayhawk

Are they NQ or HQ? If it's the former, then yeah there'll always be a market for X-Potions of Strength. NQ Draconian Pots have about the same values as HQ X-Pots, and it'll be easier to get big stacks of the later.

You can get NQ or HQ from a map. Do more maps. The Thavnairian Silk price is up again. You know you want cheaper Bustiers.

iammeiam

Yup; the potions themselves are a fairly easy craft (level 58/59 recipes), but requiring two of a gathered mat that goes for 6-7k each on the MB to produce a single potion makes the whole thing not worth it for a frequent-use potion. I'd kind of expect Xpot for learning, Draconian pot for clears to hold out for most of the progression portion of 3.0.

WolvenOne

If you have access to HQ x-pots there is 0 reason why you should be using NQ draconian potions btw.

Yeah, that's kinda obvious.

Yup; the potions themselves are a fairly easy craft (level 58/59 recipes), but requiring two of a gathered mat that goes for 6-7k each on the MB to produce a single potion makes the whole thing not worth it for a frequent-use potion. I'd kind of expect Xpot for learning, Draconian pot for clears to hold out for most of the progression portion of 3.0.

This is my tentative battle plan actually, I'm just trying to reduce the amount of Gil I'm spending on Shark Oils.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, that's kinda obvious.

I only had to make the post because you made some weird vague statement about how NQ draconian pots are "about the same values" or something. HQ x-pot and NQ draconian are 100% the exact same stat. The only difference is the NQ draconian is garbage because it has a 30 second higher cd.

WolvenOne

I only had to make the post because you made some weird vague statement about how NQ draconian pots are "about the same values" or something. HQ x-pot and NQ draconian are 100% the exact same stat. The only difference is the NQ draconian is garbage because it has a 30 second higher cd.

I had a written description of the max values of each pot, HQ and NQ, but it didn't give me a list of the percentile boosts (which is mostly moot, but still.) Since I didn't know for certain they were identical in those regards, I didn't say so. Sorry if my previous comment came across as a bit snippy, it just seemed like you assumed the worst of me.

BTW, how difficult is it to fish up Hammerhead/Silver Sharks in decent quantities, manually. If it isn't that difficult I might just finish leveling my fisher a bit and skip the retainer ventures.

Top Bottom