• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

WolvenOne

First crafters I'll get to sixty are probably Goldsmith and Leatherworker, for the purpose of melding accessories. I should probably work on Alchemist sometime I suppose, I'm not even sure I have that one at fifty yet.

Jayhawk

Which would you prefer? I was debating doing CUL or ALC next for utility purposes.

CUL will be more beneficial to you and your raid group at this time, and you can get it from like 52 to 60 with pretty much one item - Ishgardian Muffin. Beat Kagari on those Yak's Milk farm pulls.

EDIT: CUL 54 also gives you a good cross-class ability for your future crafting endeavors.

Sorian

Banned
CUL will be more beneficial to you and your raid group at this time, and you can get it from like 52 to 60 with pretty much one item - Ishgardian Muffin. Beat Kagari on those Yak's Milk farm pulls.

EDIT: CUL 54 also gives you a good cross-class ability for your future crafting endeavors.

Can we open an Ishgardian Bakery?

DMTripper

Sorry I'm a n00b, can someone please point me in the direction of making lots of Gil? :-D or a guide... I just don't understand what you guys are talking about half the time.

PM me if it's all trade secrets :-D

Edit. I've made 400k just buying and selling on the market boards which I know is peanuts... But I think I have potential

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
At the moment? Not trying to get into crafting is a huge net positive I recommend it.

Doing maps can give you a decent spike of gil when you're just starting out, sell the stuff on the MB.

WolvenOne

Sorry I'm a n00b, can someone please point me in the direction of making lots of Gil? :-D or a guide... I just don't understand what you guys are talking about half the time.

PM me if it's all trade secrets :-D

Edit. I've made 400k just buying and selling on the market boards which I know is peanuts... But I think I have potential

Well, I'd say that the easiest way to get some starter money, is to get a gatherer to 60. I think every class has at least 1-2 pre-60 items that can sell for a decent lil chunk of Gil.

Seems like the big money is in crafting, but that can get a bit expensive to start out, especially if you're buying all the materials off the marketboard. Thus why it's smart to have a couple gathering classes leveled.

Why is the Duty Finder filled with such cowards?

I've been attempting to do Titan EX all day and people keep quitting out or abandoning the duty!

It's ridiculous! Dont bother entering in if you're going to pussy out after one wipe!

For fucks sake, I haven't beaten the thing yet due to this bullshit!

WolvenOne

I've been attempting to do Titan EX all day and people keep quitting out or abandoning the duty!

It's ridiculous! Dont bother entering in if you're going to pussy out after one wipe!

Extreme Primals are generally not Duty Finder friendly.

Most people who DF EX primals expect either to get carried, or to get a quick kill for farming. They're not interested in wiping to learn. Better luck making a PF, though it will take a while to find people willing to learn an old fight that rewards an outdated mount that doesn't fly.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Titan EX is my favorite Primal fight in the whole game and not just because the music for the fight is awesome but because no matter how much bad ass Gear somebody stacks a bad players will be a bad players thanks to the Lv. Sync and the falls ignoring stats and killing you in 1 hit anyways so I get a chuckle watching players getting knocked off by Landslide.

iammeiam

The other thing specific to Titan EX, and this was true back when he was the gatekeeper to all later Primals too, is that you can generally tell within a couple of wipes if the group even has a shot. You can lose a couple of people and Echo and/or experienced players will make up for it, but if you repeatedly have tanks flying off on Landslides/Upheaval, or healers eating Weights consistently and blaming lag, or 3/4the of DPS are just perma-dead, it's likely doomed.

The other other thing is--if you make a PF and run unsynced, you can go in at 60 and massively outgear and out level anything. This makes running at 50 in DF pretty much pointless unless you're after a crag heart. Anyone that just wants the pony will probably unsynced farm.

Sorian

Banned
The other thing specific to Titan EX, and this was true back when he was the gatekeeper to all later Primals too, is that you can generally tell within a couple of wipes if the group even has a shot. You can lose a couple of people and Echo and/or experienced players will make up for it, but if you repeatedly have tanks flying off on Landslides/Upheaval, or healers eating Weights consistently and blaming lag, or 3/4the of DPS are just perma-dead, it's likely doomed.

The other other thing is--if you make a PF and run unsynced, you can go in at 60 and massively outgear and out level anything. This makes running at 50 in DF pretty much pointless unless you're after a drag heart. Anyone that just wants the pony will probably unsynced farm.

I look forward to the day someone can go in there and solo titan because you can just push his phases faster than he can cast gaol. I imagine one day its a possibility.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I look forward to the day someone can go in there and solo titan because you can just push his phases faster than he can cast gaol. I imagine one day its a possibility.
Soloing Titan EX should be impossible because of the Rock Throw Auto Kills since nobody else is around to free you from it before it explodes.

iammeiam

Soloing Titan EX should be impossible because of the Rock Throw Auto Kills since nobody else is around to free you from it before it explodes.

Apparently the 2-man Titan EX worked because Granite Sepulcher isn't actually a one-shot; it hits for like 10k or something, but unsynced it is survivable.

This is the only Titan that works like that--the Gaols that don't kill you cause you to auto-fail, but if you have the HP to live through it getting gaol'd in EX isn't the end. I could see a SCH solo before the end of 3.x, maybe?

Sorian

Banned

That's why I said pushing past his phase before he casts that move. There will be a day where people are level 99 in the equivalent of ilvl 1020. It'll happen.

I've just been trying out the free trial, but people in the GAF clan seem to be everywhere! Is it worth getting into the clan while I'm still in the early game?

Jayhawk

I've just been trying out the free trial, but people in the GAF clan seem to be everywhere! Is it worth getting into the clan while I'm still in the early game?

No harm in applying to the GAF FC. You're more likely to find people that could assist you by being in a free company compared to not being in one. If you decide to subscribe for at least a month, you should also consider getting a recruitment code for some bonus items... from somebody like me.

Valor

Apparently the 2-man Titan EX worked because Granite Sepulcher isn't actually a one-shot; it hits for like 10k or something, but unsynced it is survivable.

This is the only Titan that works like that--the Gaols that don't kill you cause you to auto-fail, but if you have the HP to live through it getting gaol'd in EX isn't the end. I could see a SCH solo before the end of 3.x, maybe?

Before the end of 3.x, sure. Right now I'd imagine that Mountain Buster will eventually kill you.

If someone has a name in GAF that is recognizable then they are probably an asshole so you're not wrong.

I'd like to say that I feel offended but I can't really argue with it.

Pretty sure I've probably taken over scy's spot of "that giant asshole in mumble talking about everyone being bad"

Tabris

That's why I said pushing past his phase before he casts that move. There will be a day where people are level 99 in the equivalent of ilvl 1020. It'll happen.

Well hopefully SE learns from other MMOs and retires that old content with only new level versions.

Before the end of 3.x, sure. Right now I'd imagine that Mountain Buster will eventually kill you.

If you're pushing phases, the mountain buster debuff wears off. May need to time it a bit.

Sorian

Banned
Well hopefully SE learns from other MMOs and retires that old content with only new level versions.

If you're pushing phases, the mountain buster debuff wears off. May need to time it a bit.

Nothing wrong with leaving the old level 50 version in there while also updating the fight to a higher level. People can pick and choose for laughs.

iammeiam

Undersized parties has made old, outleveled content worthwhile again.

Failing at 2-man Ultima HM for hours made me appreciate a lot of the design of the fight, since suddenly mechanics mattered again, bad phase pushes were REALLY bad, and not having access to an LB makes things interesting.

Tabris

You're doing SE's job for them. They should be updating that old content for new challenges with actual worthwhile rewards.

iammeiam

I'm not much of a lootwhore; SE came up with a fairly basic way to make the old content relevant to me specifically (as I enjoy the process more than the result.) I get that it's not for everyone, but it may actually be my favorite addition in the expansion and for that alone I don't want them nuking the old versions.

Redx508

Qd1cOkM.png

Anyone playing this on PC already running Windows 10? I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade during launch but I don't want it to break FFXIV.

Jeels

I stopped at 445/450 esoterics for the week. :( oh well.

They really need to add more dungeons to exdr because I hate doing pvp as a member of the immortal lames.

Top Bottom