• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Ferr986

Going to try combining aspects of the AF2 War Set, the Woad Set, and AF1 War Set, to see what I can come up with. There as aspects of the Warrior AF2 set that I like, and other aspects that I don't, hopefully I can isolate and remove those aspects I'm less fond of.

I was thinking on mixing the NIN AF2 body with AF1 legs (yeah.... missing dem kunoichi thighs). It just doesn't match :(

Btw, seems like, unlike the AF1, the AF2 is exactly the same for male and female?

Tash

I am going to look so fabulous with that hat!

p3F6HZj.png

The AST gear on male looks absolutely horrific...SMN will look great on a Lala but also not so sure about Tall Males..looking forward to the screenshots.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Not all AF2 are the same between male and female versions. Most differences come from uh... leg pieces. On a female BRD one leg is missing (?), on female SCH, SMN and WHM instead of breeches you get shorts or miniskirts.

That PS3 limitation minion wow lol.

The budget of 10 polygons well spent.

Ken

I was thinking on mixing the NIN AF2 body with AF1 legs (yeah.... missing dem kunoichi thighs). It just doesn't match :(

Btw, seems like, unlike the AF1, the AF2 is exactly the same for male and female?

No boob window on Astro for males.

Going to try combining aspects of the AF2 War Set, the Woad Set, and AF1 War Set, to see what I can come up with. There as aspects of the Warrior AF2 set that I like, and other aspects that I don't, hopefully I can isolate and remove those aspects I'm less fond of.

Yeah not a fan of WAR's AF2 (the body especially, AF was way nicer). Kinda glad I jumped ship to DRK since you can only gear one job at a time with Esoterics and DRK AF2 looks awesome.

EDIT: Or is it technically DRK AF since new jobs don't get a set at 45-50? Same thing I guess.

WolvenOne

Yeah not a fan of WAR's AF2 (the body especially, AF was way nicer). Kinda glad I jumped ship to DRK since you can only gear one job at a time with Esoterics and DRK AF2 looks awesome.

EDIT: Or is it technically DRK AF since new jobs don't get a set at 45-50? Same thing I guess.

It's AF, I believe they confirmed this awhile back. Problem wroth the Warrior AF2, aside from the bizarre headpiece, is mostly a matter of poor material choices.

Metal boots are weird and clunky looking. The gloves look like plastic instead of leather, etc etc. But, like I said, I'll play around with it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's AF, I believe they confirmed this awhile back. Problem wroth the Warrior AF2, aside from the bizarre headpiece, is mostly a matter of poor material choices.

Metal boots are weird and clunky looking. The gloves look like plastic instead of leather, etc etc. But, like I said, I'll play around with it.

Warrior was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

WolvenOne

Heavy use of fur is nice, and I like the black and red color scheme, but I really wish they could go back and take another crack at the design. It just doesn't seem terribly well implemented.

Ken

Heavy use of fur is nice, and I like the black and red color scheme, but I really wish they could go back and take another crack at the design. It just doesn't seem terribly well implemented.

Spoilers WAR AF1 had the same issues and was never good.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

ウルヴズジェイル5000勝 2015.2/14
That last guy, wow

Omni

I was just in a dungeon and healing for the first time. It has confused me.... Is there a guide available?

Like, I get that tanks are gonna take a lot of damage. But is it normal to be forced to constantly spam the cure ability at them while they stand around and you have several agro'd enemies on you? What about when Mr. MLG DPS runs in and requires the same amount of effort... I should prioritise the tank, right? I ran out of MP like half way through a level 24 boss trying to keep them alive and then we wipe because I die by the adds.

WolvenOne

Worst case scenario, I spam Sohm Al as Warrior or whatnot, for the full Woad set.

Kinda hope they make a craftable version of that set down the line. If I could dye some Dalamud red highlights onto the thing it'd almost look like another Warrior AF set.

Or I finally strong-arm my static into helping me farm up the T9 Coat.

That's something that always bothered me about FFXIV's character creation. There is zero variety in body type beyond height. You can't make your character thinner or thicker or change the various sizes of your limbs either.

Especially jarring when you see some kind of fanart like for the Heavensward countdown where you look at a character and notice that it's not actually possible to create in the game due to the limitations on the character creator.

AcousticLemmon

Neo Member
I was just in a dungeon and healing for the first time. It has confused me.... Is there a guide available?

Like, I get that tanks are gonna take a lot of damage. But is it normal to be forced to constantly spam the cure ability at them while they stand around and you have several agro'd enemies on you? What about when Mr. MLG DPS runs in and requires the same amount of effort... I should prioritise the tank, right? I ran out of MP like half way through a level 24 boss trying to keep them alive and then we wipe because I die by the adds.

That's not normal unless they were doing big pulls to get through the dungeon faster. Or their gear is bad.

I spent a good chunk of time DPSing in the early dungeons.

Ferr986

That's something that always bothered me about FFXIV's character creation. There is zero variety in body type beyond height. You can't make your character thinner or thicker or change the various sizes of your limbs either.

Especially jarring when you see some kind of fanart like for the Heavensward countdown where you look at a character and notice that it's not actually possible to create in the game due to the limitations on the character creator.

Even the "boob" slider is useless because a lot of gear will ignore it anyways lol

Sorian

Banned

My team going in deep. We got A4S on lock.

I have no idea if this is a good choice or not

Cømet

Banned
PLD AF2 arm is awesome. Saved two weeks for the chestplate first, looks fantastic with snow white law gear (and your excalibur/aegis shield ofc).

Desperately scraping around for two people to give recruitment codes Twintania mount is AWESOME.

Also also, levelling a DRG as my second class as I've drifted from WHM somewhat. Also awesome, love it dearly. Have a new found understanding for DRGs that get caught in AoEs all the time.

Slice Sabre said:
Male roes who refuse to wear clothes are a sickness.

SICKNESS WILL BE PURGED

Astra

Sounds like you had an inexperienced and undergeared tank. You'll probably run into that issue a fair amount in df for the low level dungeons.

Cømet

Banned
The rotating necklace is super dumb but I like that I can divebomb even when standing still.

BRUH

Don't knock the neural links. That shit'll save your life.

Just looked back at the AF2 composites. Oh my god do some of them look awful (especially on males). PLD and DRK look to have lucked out.
Some nice individual pieces though. Like the WHM coat specifically. Gonna be some great looking glamours going on in a few weeks.

EDIT: I legit squealed when an FCmate started divebombing. I NEED IT.

Top Bottom