• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Omni

Went through Brayflox's longstop and the tank was taking so much damage that I was running out of MP mid engagement trying to heal him. Like... not even boss fights. I had to tell them to hold up after every enemy encounter because I had none left and couldn't do any more. Even after potions.

Anyway. We wiped at the boss and they start blaming me for it. Just ugh. I don't know what else I could have done. I was already spamming cures (I and II) at the tank constantly - not randomly either. Literally couldn't keep up but they wouldn't hear it //shrug. Healing is more stressful than I thought it was gonna be

Ken

Went through Brayflox's longstop and the tank was taking so much damage that I was running out of MP mid engagement trying to heal him. Like... not even boss fights. I had to tell them to hold up after every enemy encounter because I had none left and couldn't do any more. Even after potions.

Anyway. We wiped at the boss and they start blaming me for it. Just ugh. I don't know what else I could have done. I was already spamming cures (I and II) at the tank constantly - not randomly either. Literally couldn't keep up but they wouldn't hear it //shrug. Healing is more stressful than I thought it was gonna be

If tank isn't waiting for you to refresh then that's on him.

Akala

Sounds like either under geared tank or cleric stance.

Omni

Sounds like either under geared tank or cleric stance.
Cleric stance? Hmm. I don't touch that unless I'm certain my party can go without the extra heals. Which wasn't the case this time :p

Gotta make sure you don't overuse Cure II in Brayflox.
I'm new to White Mage. But for Cure II, I only really used it when I had the free-cure thing. Is that a bad thing? Of course there were times where I was forced to use it normally. But I tried to stick with I in order to save as much MP as possible

Cleric stance? Hmm. I don't touch that unless I'm certain my party can go without the extra heals. Which wasn't the case this time :p

I'm new to White Mage. But for Cure II, I only really used it when I had the free-cure thing. Is that a bad thing? Of course there were times where I was forced to use it normally. But I tried to stick with I in order to save as much MP as possible

thats fine.

ebil

I've seen so many undergeared (when they even care to gear up at all, I've had a DRK without any right side gear this week) tanks in Brayflox and other levelling dungeons lately I wouldn't sweat it, really.

I've also had that very special kind of tank - his best piece, indeed, was his esoterics ring of Fending. Made me chuckle at least!
Ibv8m6b.jpg

Just another day as a healer, don't worry about it.

I've seen so many undergeared (when they even care to gear up at all, I've had a DRK without any right side gear this week) tanks in Brayflox and other levelling dungeons lately I wouldn't sweat it, really.

I've also had that very special kind of tank - his best piece, indeed, was his esoterics ring of Fending. Made me chuckle at least!
Ibv8m6b.jpg

Just another day as a healer, don't worry about it.

gotta listen to him, he's the king

Jaeyden

Bit confused about the packages on PSN. Been playing trial and want full game but what do I get? Would like to get RR and HS together? Is the basic bundle the only one with both products? Does it come with 30 days? Is there a better combo to get? Wouldn't mind some collectors stuff.

xezuru

Hey guys, just got my subscription and expansion and caught up on everything so I can access 3.0 content, any tldr on quick leveling/fates 50-60?

Ken

Bit confused about the packages on PSN. Been playing trial and want full game but what do I get? Would like to get RR and HS together? Is the basic bundle the only one with both products? Does it come with 30 days? Is there a better combo to get? Wouldn't mind some collectors stuff.

You can get the collector's stuff through digital upgrade after you own the game.

Hey guys, just got my subscription and expansion and caught up on everything so I can access 3.0 content, any tldr on quick leveling/fates 50-60?

Main Story Quests is a ton of experience so don't skip those. Also since they buffed FATEs try joining a PF Fate group for a zone you can do.

Hit up dungeons on odd levels for chain bonus.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This has been part of my experience leveling WHM 0-60, currently at level 38.

iammeiam

Population's dropped off again. I'm surprised how fast people stopped doing Alex NM.

I'm not; if you started week one you're more or less geared up now barring maybe the chest (or rage quit in prior weeks due to the loot system.) A4 being the worst floor to do in DF will probably make a lot of people go the Esoterics chest route.

If you're not in Savage there's not a huge push to get the interim i190 gear when you can just get Eso, and the i180 law stuff is probably good enough for most people's alt classes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Population's dropped off again. I'm surprised how fast people stopped doing Alex NM.

The Alexander gear is ugly so I'm not surprised. I only have to do 3 more weeks of Floor 4 to get my chest and by then I can by the esoterics one so why bother?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I can't believe that we still can't hide quests from being shown in the log on the right side of the screen.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Randomly queued for Singularity Reactor for fun.
People knew to stand in the Megaflare towers but not to turn away for Gaze.
Bizzare.

I can't believe that we still can't hide quests from being shown in the log on the right side of the screen.

Sony tier backend design.

Raijinken

It's only been a few hours and I'm already tired of seeing Twintanias diving everywhere. I can't wait for people to get bored of the mount in a week.

It's only been a few hours and I'm already tired of seeing Twintanias diving everywhere. I can't wait for people to get bored of the mount in a week.

i'm already bored and i don't even have one. not salty, promise. im also almost bored of fenrir. i didn't think these were a thing until i stepped into FL.

i'd buy one if i win the lottery though.

Voror

Does it ultimately matter what server you end up picking to play on? All that's available to me on Primal are Exodus and Malboro. Stupid question probably, but I was curious.

Ken

Does it ultimately matter what server you end up picking to play on? All that's available to me on Primal are Exodus and Malboro. Stupid question probably, but I was curious.

Kind of. Prime times of activity, average skill level of players and language are usually considerations.

Voror

Kind of. Prime times of activity, average skill level of players and language are usually considerations.

Alright. I think language should be fine since I'm on an North American Data Center and I don't really have any friends playing either. Sort of hoped to get into Ultros since that seems to be where GAF activity is centered, but that seems closed currently. Guess I could try again tomorrow and see if it opens. Thanks.

Ken

Alright. I think language should be fine since I'm on an North American Data Center and I don't really have any friends playing either. Sort of hoped to get into Ultros since that seems to be where GAF activity is centered, but that seems closed currently. Guess I could try again tomorrow and see if it opens. Thanks.

Try early mornings.

Tash

Too busy watching Flames lose because we hate bringing healers to notice them!

Getting tired of being one of two or three healers and getting blamed for losing when people are spread as fuck.

There should be incentives for healers to do pvp. It's painful in FFXIV (that's coming from a UO, Shadowbane, DAOC pvp fan)

WolvenOne

Well the Favors/Trade-item system is interesting. Kinda round about, but it should prevent items from depreciating in value almost immediately, like tome mats did in 2.X.

Granted, I'm a bit late to the party in this respect.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well the Favors/Trade-item system is interesting. Kinda round about, but it should prevent items from depreciating in value almost immediately, like tome mats did in 2.X.

Granted, I'm a bit late to the party in this respect.

If only they didn't take several hours of dedicated scrip grinding though. Like, it's already timegated and RNG-based, come on SE.

RPGCrazied

Are they ever going to add real AA options to the game anytime soon? FXAA just isn't doing it. I can't seem to force anything better either.

On a happy note I just got rank 3 on the veteran rewards today, freaky eyeball mount!

Tash

Are they ever going to add real AA options to the game anytime soon? FXAA just isn't doing it. I can't seem to force anything better either.

On a happy note I just got rank 3 on the veteran rewards today, freaky eyeball mount!

You can use Reshade and SweetFX. Been playing around with both of them (SweetFX is now integrated in the Reshade download it seems) and I got some neat results.

This are unaltered screenshots from the game. I tend to turn off the DoF for playing but for screenshots it's pretty amazing. The changes to colours, crispness, AA etc etc is all constant, though.

Obviously, colour etc is a matter of taste but that's what I came up with

edit: sorry about the size and imgur screws up the quality through the upload for some reason. They are totally crisp as originals.

3i5dgxJ.jpg

RFcjXxy.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Probably not. I just force it through AMD tools or whatever.

Tash

Isn't that just for color alteration? All I want is MSAA in the game. I'm sure I could use 4x.

Reshade can do whatever you want to do. You can even code your own shaders but in an nutshell:

"Advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field, chromatic aberration, dynamic filmgrain, automatic saturation and color correction, cross processing, multi-pass blurring"

RPGCrazied

Probably not. I just force it through AMD tools or whatever.

I have an Nvidia card, and the control panel settings do nothing for this game.

Reshade can do whatever you want to do. You can even code your own shaders but in an nutshell:

"Advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field, chromatic aberration, dynamic filmgrain, automatic saturation and color correction, cross processing, multi-pass blurring"

Will it work with all cards and easy to set up? I look into this one I guess.

dramatis

If you're in a dungeon that's Brayflox or higher.

If your tank is one of these two things:
Gladiator
Marauder
Tell him he needs to upgrade to his job.

If your tank is Paladin, check if he has Shield Oath up (it is an icon next to his name on the party list that looks like this).

If your tank is Warrior, check if he has Defiance up (it looks like this).

If your tank is Dark Knight, check if he has Grit up (yep).

If the tank type has the respective damage reduction buff up, and is still taking damage like a level 1 ladybug, then the tank is probably undergeared.

Brayflox is the first time WHM has a serious test of MP management. If the tank is undergeared and taking loads of damage in a trash mob fight, recommendation is to sleep one of the mobs and let the dps and tank know ahead of time not to hit the slept mob. For bosses, from Brayflox onwards it's essential that the party learn to not take damage. So it's not wholly on the shoulders of the healer. One time I made a compromise with the dps in the lvl 56 Vault dungeon, which is that I told them they can eat one attack but not two, and things worked out.

Tash

I have an Nvidia card, and the control panel settings do nothing for this game.

Will it work with all cards and easy to set up? I look into this one I guess.

I have an Nvidia card, too and it was dead easy to set up. Just google for Reshade with SweetFX. You also find tons of premade presets on the SweetFX site if you do not want to play around with all the different settings yourself.
You basically get 5 additional ini files in your game folder and you can open and change them with notepad. There are tons of different settings but they are somewhat explained in the files. You can have the game open and change/save values on the fly and it will show in game after a few seconds of recalibrating once you saved the changed file. It's also easy to just disable everything again (and F11 easily toggles DoF on and off in the game. You can of course set it to any hotkey you want. I actually did set it to the same hotkey as I have for hiding my UI in game)

Top Bottom