• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Steel Cyclone or w.e. is you Circle of Scorn D:

WAR can use Flash. If you're willing to burn the Berserk, Steel Cyclone is effective too though it's radius around you is kind of short.

I don't have warrior experience, but aren't they supposed to be better at AOE threat than a paladin? Dark Knight threat also seems stronger than paladin.

I love my mitigation in the pre-60 dungeons I've run, but circle is on a decent cooldown and flash does zero damage. There's a decent amount of tab targeting at play on a paladin.

Flash has been buffed a lot, in terms of threat it's at least as good as Overpower if not better. Flash is also useful because it's a circle around you, unlike Overpower which is a cone that must be aimed at a mob. As WAR I frequently open dungeon pulls with Flash just because there's no positional or directional requirement, I just run through the pack and Flash and turn around and they have followed me into a nice tight wad that I can Overpower and not miss any with.

Voror

Quick question, do side quests disappear? I've largely been focusing on the Main Scenario and Guild Quests along with FATEs when they show off to level my initial class and leaving those for when I take to leveling alternative classes.

Also, is it wise to first get your initial class to 30 and then switch off to another? I'm planning on doing Dragoon first so would it be wise to get Lancer to 30 and then go straight to Marauder? I was planning on trying out a number of the classes eventually (Warrior, Bard, and Dark Knight specifically) so wasn't sure what the best way to go about this.

Decided to get back into PvP because glamour. I'm a Twin Adder so absolutely nobody in my FC could join me because literally 99% of them of Mael. They also laughed at me the whole time in mumble. I did a shit job because I haven't done Pvp in over a year.

dw9fRiz.jpg

WELL FUCK THOSE GUYS TWIN ADDERS RULE!

i scoured the net yet to no avail
how in the blue fuck do i unlock the ability to join a free company?
i thought i could just log in and join Storm Feelers but lol nope

Quick question, do side quests disappear? I've largely been focusing on the Main Scenario and Guild Quests along with FATEs when they show off to level my initial class and leaving those for when I take to leveling alternative classes.

Also, is it wise to first get your initial class to 30 and then switch off to another? I'm planning on doing Dragoon first so would it be wise to get Lancer to 30 and then go straight to Marauder? I was planning on trying out a number of the classes eventually (Warrior, Bard, and Dark Knight specifically) so wasn't sure what the best way to go about this.

No, sidequests don't disappear (until you've completed them, then they're gone).

It's a good idea to get your initial class to 30 then the secondary needed for the Job upgrade to 15 because of an experience boost given to the secondary class (the discrepancy between the levels figures into this). But, it's not mandatory; it's all up to you.

Voror

No, sidequests don't disappear (until you've completed them, then they're gone).

It's a good idea to get your initial class to 30 then the secondary needed for the Job upgrade to 15 because of an experience boost given to the secondary class (the discrepancy between the levels figures into this). But, it's not mandatory; it's all up to you.

Good to know. Thank you.

chrono01

How's the ass whooping from Living Liquid in A3S so far?
We didn't get much time in there, our A2S victory came a little late in the evening. :(

We're planning on going back in there on Monday, though, so we're pretty excited. Here's hoping A3S doesn't wreck your gear as much as A2S does. >_<

docbon

We didn't get much time in there, our A2S victory came a little late in the evening. :(

We're planning on going back in there on Monday, though, so we're pretty excited. Here's hoping A3S doesn't wreck your gear as much as A2S does. >_<

your clothing will get wrecked so bad you'd think this is a vita rpg

hamchan

Finished the main story quests for Heavensward. Man that was a good time. Good characters, good story, good boss battles, good new areas. Everything is good. Soundtrack is amazing. Basically I liked this game a lot.

Also it's funny that there they used Heaven's Ward to refer to a group and also Heavensward as a direction. It's like they wanted to intentionally mess with people.

Now to join the grinding in endgame and probably level up another class.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This game has it's hooks in me hard... first FF game since VII on the PS1, what have I been missing out on over the last 20 years lol.

The levelling since super quick, did they speed it up compared to pre-Heavensward so newbs like myself can basically just do the story quests?

That's what it feels like... which is nice, can catch up quicker to the rest of the FC :)

Audioboxer

Almost at level 40, phew. Getting there.

/noob hat on, until a few levels ago I wasn't using ordinary bio. I thought bio 2 was just a straight upgrade. Learning my summoner rotation now lol.

Voror

In terms of quest rewards, is it wise to pick the options relating to other classes at any point for future use? Or should I always stick with just what I can use right that moment as I'd imagine the best equipment you have to make yourself?

Ken

In terms of quest rewards, is it wise to pick the options relating to other classes at any point for future use? Or should I always stick with just what I can use right that moment as I'd imagine the best equipment you have to make yourself?

Eh, if you can use it or think you'll use it, grab it.

For leveling, you go through gear pretty quickly so very few people bother to craft or keep purposefully updating their gear before max level.

Voror

Eh, if you can use it or think you'll use it, grab it.

For leveling, you go through gear pretty quickly so very few people bother to craft or keep purposefully updating their gear before max level.

Alright then. I'd been getting options for gear suited to the Tank classes and since I plan on trying those out later I figured I could take it and save it for then.

So it's not worth doing that until max is reached then? Good to know then. Is it worth taking time to invest in all the crafting classes?

Ken

Alright then. I'd been getting options for gear suited to the Tank classes and since I plan on trying those out later I figured I could take it and save it for then.

So it's not worth doing that until max is reached then? Good to know then. Is it worth taking time to invest in all the crafting classes?

You can keep a set of tank gear if you want but it's not a big deal. Might kill your bag space/armoury chest if anything.

It's not worth spending a lot of extra gil or effort to update your gear every 5 levels, and you can usually get by with dungeon drops. If it's just free quest rewards it's up to you. At the very least I'd keep some whites for level 30 because you can get a nice set of greens from Brayflox at level 32.

I'm not a crafter but crafters are jerks.

Voror

You can keep a set of tank gear if you want but it's not a big deal. Might kill your bag space/armoury chest if anything.

It's not worth spending a lot of extra gil or effort to update your gear every 5 levels, and you can usually get by with dungeon drops. If it's just free quest rewards it's up to you. At the very least I'd keep some whites for level 30 because you can get a nice set of greens from Brayflox at level 32.

I'm not a crafter but crafters are jerks.

Hadn't thought about that.

I haven't really looked too much into the gear thus far and have been relying almost exclusively on gear gotten through quests. Whites? Is that the most basic type I'm guessing?

I'd rather not be a jerk, but it does sound useful nonetheless.

Valor

Hadn't thought about that.

I haven't really looked too much into the gear thus far and have been relying almost exclusively on gear gotten through quests. Whites? Is that the most basic type I'm guessing?

I'd rather not be a jerk, but it does sound useful nonetheless.

White are usually able to be purchased through vendors. Much of the gear you get via quest rewards can be purchased later on from vendors if you'd like to do so. Sometimes gear will also be sold on the marketboard under vendor price, so it's good to take a look at your options when the time arises.

Until then, roll on any green equipment from dungeons like the level 15 set from the first few dungeons and the Brayflox set at 32. Typically you can get by with just these two sets of gear for quite a while until you get your job gear at 45 (unless you're looking to roll a Dark Knight, in which case try to get tank gear from Darkhold). When you're in the trenches leveling your tank class or any other class you can roll on Aetherial (pink) items that drop to help you out gearing.

BadRNG

If it's for secondary jobs 1-50 range, you can get GC gear that will more than accommodate you so saving quest reward items for them is unnecessary.

However, for 50-60, some of that quest reward gear is worth a decent chunk of change because they are automatically HQ and many are used as part of crafting leves/quests. Look to see which ones are needed for those and you can make a lot of extra money while leveling. Even the ones that aren't leves might be useful for GC turn ins, and therefore still go for 20-30k.

Top Bottom