• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

MogCakes

Is it possible to raid with only one hour a night free to play this game.

Actually scratch that, I already know the answer :( I'll have to resign myself to being an i200 pleb

Alrus

BLM's AF2 has to be the ugliest of the lot, but I find most of them to be ugly as a whole. Some parts are good (SCH and AST hats are fine) but as full sets none of them are really exciting.

Being able to dye the gear should be a huge deal, but since all the Gordian stuff is ugly it's probably a hollow victory.

I dunno; I have fun wrong but tend to fall on the side of doing the thing being its own reward. Not even the clear, just the process and talking things out and being able to see the actual impact of different strategies and approaches vs the "show up, press buttons, win" nature of a lot of things. Unless there's actual glamour appeal, the loot is only meaningful to the extent it facilitates the former process.

That's a good way to go about things in a game with vertical progression. Alex gear will probably be obsolete in a few months anyway.

I actually don't think the Gordian sets look too bad tbh. I wonder what they'll look like dyed though.

Eldren

The BLM legs are amazing, probably my favourite piece of BLM gear ever. The gloves are nice too but I can live without the rest. A lot of the MCH gear is great. Not a huge fan of the gloves and I rarely show hats anyway (I glamour the same pair of glasses on literally everything) but the shirt, trousers and boots are really nice. DRG body piece is an improvement because it doesn't have a silly stomach window. SCH hat is amazingly hilarious. I think I like all of the weapons though, those are all great.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just noticed that Heavensward is $10 off across all platforms.

I honestly wonder if the expansion is struggling already. Then again SE was pretty aggressive with ARR's pricing. However, due to how frankly poor this expansion is right now after the MSQ, one could read into it differently.

I honestly wonder if the expansion is struggling already. Then again SE was pretty aggressive with ARR's pricing. However, due to how frankly poor this expansion is right now after the MSQ, one could read into it differently.
How would the expansion's post-game stuff have any kind of significant affect on the prices or sales considering the average player won't experience or have the same post game complaints many here would have?

hamchan

$10 off for games a month after release isn't too abnormal.

Valor

Have you stopped to consider that this isn't the new relic?

New relic is going to have like five harps, and you will continue to play none of them.

My body is ready.

wingert.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
How would the expansion's post-game stuff have any kind of significant affect on the prices or sales considering the average player won't experience or have the same post game complaints many here would have?

Word of mouth, reading forums, etc. Even for a casual player, could leave an impression.

$10 off for games a month after release isn't too abnormal.

I don't recall Warlords going down $10 a month after launch but I could be wrong. =x

aceface

I may be having more fun in this expansion endgame than I have had thus far playing the game.

Believe it or not I'm loving 60+ gathering. Got both Miner and Botanist to 60 and now working on scrips. Scrips are a grind yes but a grind with a real tangible reward at the end of it, the best gear is there without being an unattainable gil sink. And, plotting out times and trips through the nodes to maximize returns is enjoyable to me. It's open world content I can jump into any time of the day.

In the evenings after my kids go to bed there's ex roulettes, Alex normal runs, ex primals and soon Alexander savage to do with my group. There's so much to do and I'm looking forward to logging on every day.

Edit: I think Botanist AF2 hat is a darkhorse for best hat in game. It has a bird on it!!

Sorian

Banned
I love Raubahn's "Why?" face. That portrait was obviously done at a point in time when he had figured out everything that went wrong in his life. I mean, he is a step stool for a soulless lala, you don't fuck up that bad over night.

That Lalafell is Nanamo Ul Namo. Anybody would be proud to be her personal step-stool. I'm sure he is proud too.

spoilz
I mean dude lost an arm for her and got his ass kicked in jail. Must be a pretty good job!

Sorian

Banned
That Lalafell is Nanamo Ul Namo. Anybody would be proud to be her personal step-stool. I'm sure he is proud too.

spoilz
I mean dude lost an arm for her and got his ass kicked in jail. Must be a pretty good job!

He's the biggest simp I've ever seen. I don't even know why Nanamo needs a chair at the table, Raubahn could just get on all fours and she can just take a seat on his back.

It's not exactly a bad practice to drop the price of an expac not too long after launch. Most people that really wanted to play the expac, will have bought it around the time it came out. Now it's time to grab the people who were on the fence about it, by making it seem more approachable price wise.

It's been the same way that WoW has done things for the past 2 expacs, just they take a little longer to start dropping the price through sales. Both WoD and MoP had sales within 1 1/2 - 2 months of launch, WoD had a holiday sale and MoP had a black Friday week long thing if I remember right. Then again the sale on WoD was something that needed to happen considering they raised the expac price and didn't actually give more content than what they always do, they just had to have a way to charge you for that "free" lvl 90.

Alrus

spoilz

More spoil
And all that for some ultimately totally unsatisfying pay-off where the status quo is re-established by going "oh you lost your arm, thought your lover died and was almost killed because of my schemes but we're good now alright? Bye!"

More spoil
And all that for some ultimately totally unsatisfying pay-off where the status quo is re-established by going "oh you lost your arm, thought your lover died and was almost killed because of my schemes but we're good now alright? Bye!"
That's what happens when you get involved with the Lalafell Mafia.

WolvenOne

Question, how long does it take to get Culinarian from fifty to sixty, if you haven't done anything at all to gear it up? In fact I don't even think I have any Culinarian gear, or level 45 crafting gear, or anything of the sort. The downside of leveling crafting classes entirely through Beastman dailies.

Anyhow, working on getting my gathering classes up at the moment, and doing the lvl60 Gatherers Grind on my miner, but I'd like to be able to craft my own food at some point.

Question, how long does it take to get Culinarian from 50 to sixty, if you haven't done anything at all to gear it up? In fact I don't even think I have any Culinarian gear, or level 45 crafting gear, or anything of the sort. The downside of leveling crafting classes entirely through Beastman dailies.

Anyhow, working on getting my gathering classes up at the moment, and doing the lvl60 Gatherers Grind on my miner, but I'd like to be able to craft my own food at some point.

You don't have any 50 crafting gear? Then you need 50 crafting gear first. It's relatively cheap anyway, just make the crafter AF and electrum accessories, the usual old stuff. Then you basically make Ishgardian muffins until 60. You can switch it up with other stuff like highland floor and birch syrup which are also cheap, but muffins turn in for leves so they're nice. HQs are better, but not necessary. Just setup a macro to craft them, if you want HQ you'll want 2 or even 3 macros, look up the official forums for detailed crafting macros, somewhere. Or reddit. I'd look but I'm lazy. Or you can make your own macros.

Oh and GC daily, obviously. Check MB for HQs so you don't have to make them, or turn in NQ it's fine too.

As for how long, that kinda depends on how many leves you have, like 6hours ish maybe?

WolvenOne

You don't have any 50 crafting gear? Then you need 50 crafting gear first. It's relatively cheap anyway, just make the crafter AF and electrum accessories, the usual old stuff. Then you basically make Ishgardian muffins until 60. You can switch it up with other stuff like highland floor and birch syrup which are also cheap, but muffins turn in for leves so they're nice. HQs are better, but not necessary. Just setup a macro to craft them, if you want HQ you'll want 2 or even 3 macros, look up the official forums for detailed crafting macros, somewhere. Or reddit. I'd look but I'm lazy. Or you can make your own macros.

Oh and GC daily, obviously. Check MB for HQs so you don't have to make them, or turn in NQ it's fine too.

As for how long, that kinda depends on how many leves you have, like 6hours ish maybe?

Hmm, well I've been doing GC daily turn-ins for Culinarian, and I think it's about to hit 51, so I think I should be able to just grab ivl51 vender gear. Wouldn't that be both better and cheaper than grabbing the Culinarian AF off the MB?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Saw someone running around in that Bird PvP gear the other day. Wow. The gaudiness of that set is something else.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Question, how long does it take to get Culinarian from 50 to sixty, if you haven't done anything at all to gear it up? In fact I don't even think I have any Culinarian gear, or level 45 crafting gear, or anything of the sort. The downside of leveling crafting classes entirely through Beastman dailies.

A couple of days. If it's something that you're putting on the back burner make sure you always do the daily GC turn in, it's a huge chunk of exp.

If you have a lv 50+ btn you should check out the leve counter to see what you should stock up on. This probably isn't the most efficient way and prices have most likely plummeted since I leveled but I think I went Lv 50 Stuffed Cabbage Roll (stocked up on pearl sprouts, 10AM/PM Coerthas West) -> Lv 52 Ishgardian Muffin (Sunset Wheat and Yak Milk, got my BTN and Battle retainers to farm that while lv'ing them) -> Lv 54 Ishgardian Muffin again cause the lv 54 leves ask for fish+crafted items or a mat that costs blue scrips -> Lv 56 Frozen Spirits (Cloud Banana 12AM/PM Hinterlands and Old World Fig 2AM/PM Forelands) -> Lv 58 Birch Syrup (BTN retainer can get the sap or you can go to Sea of Clouds at anytime).

Gear wise, you're gonna need to either buy some from the MB or get someone to craft you a set. You can get 1 piece of gear and either a MH/OH for every class quest you do, at lv 55 you can purchase a full vendor set. Once you get to lv 58 wait for something like Marron Glace to pop up on your collectable turn in menu. It has easy mats to get (especially with a battle retainer that can farm the Cockatrice Thighs) and is easy enough to make. Grind it out for exp and scrips. There's a lv 58 blue scrip gear set that comes in handy at that lv if you're lv'ing multiple DoH classes, but if you're just doing CUL you're probably better off buying the lv 60 set from the MB and using your blues on the book.

Hmm, well I've been doing GC daily turn-ins for Culinarian, and I think it's about to hit 51, so I think I should be able to just grab ivl51 vender gear. Wouldn't that be both better and cheaper than grabbing the Culinarian AF off the MB?
There's only 1 crafting vendor set and it's a lv 55 one. The lv 51, 53, and 60 sets are crafted. The lv 58 set is blue scrips and AF2 is red scrips.

Ferr986

I may be having more fun in this expansion endgame than I have had thus far playing the game.

Believe it or not I'm loving 60+ gathering. Got both Miner and Botanist to 60 and now working on scrips. Scrips are a grind yes but a grind with a real tangible reward at the end of it, the best gear is there without being an unattainable gil sink. And, plotting out times and trips through the nodes to maximize returns is enjoyable to me. It's open world content I can jump into any time of the day.

In the evenings after my kids go to bed there's ex roulettes, Alex normal runs, ex primals and soon Alexander savage to do with my group. There's so much to do and I'm looking forward to logging on every day.

Edit: I think Botanist AF2 hat is a darkhorse for best hat in game. It has a bird on it!!

I guess for the people that is more into gathering/crafting, red scrips are good because they give you an objective.

I actually dislike red scrips, but because I always used Botanist as a method to relax 30 mins before sleep and get some stuff to sell overnight.

With red scrips right now it feel slike I'm tied to a pletora of clock timers and it takes too much of my gaming time.

Luckily, I like the regular geat more than BTN AF (for some reason I really like how the 55/60 gathering gear looks, minus the shitton of pockets in the legs), so unless I feel I'm at a point that I need the AF, or they nerf the red scrips (like a big nerf), I'm just ignoring them.

aceface

I guess for the people that is more into gathering/crafting, red scrips are good because they give you an objective.

I actually dislike red scrips, but because I always used Botanist as a method to relax 30 mins before sleep and get some stuff to sell overnight.

With red scrips right now it feel slike I'm tied to a pletora of clock timers and it takes too much of my gaming time.

Luckily, I like the regular geat more than BTN AF (for some reason I really like how the 55/60 gathering gear looks, minus the shitton of pockets in the legs), so unless I feel I'm at a point that I need the AF, or they nerf the red scrips (like a big nerf), I'm just ignoring them.

Red scrip nerf is coming this week reportedly. I don't think they'll raise the cap though, just offer more per collectible.

There's no 51 vendor gear. Only vendor crafting stuff is 55(moghome, same as gather), and you can buy tools/offhands every 2levels, but not armor, that's why you want something. You could make the 51 crafting set, but it's like A LOT more expensive, last time I checked the stuff was like 30-40k a piece and it's being sold for 100k if you don't find someone to craft it for you. The stats are quite a bit better but not massively so. I wouldn't grab the CUL AF either though, get it crafted, it's an easy fast craft for anyone who can make it.

xezuru

Hey guys, finally catching up from 2.0 and almost 60, what order do I proceed through things to gear up for raiding and such.

Also, parsers these days? I know i used to use FFXIVAPP before, iunno what people use these days.

Top Bottom