• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Probably safe to say I'm hooked. Just got my Ninja unlocked. Now working on getting a Paladin and then cross class actions. I probably won't get to new stuff soon but I'm having fun doing my thing.

Arkeband

Banned
What's supposed to be in the patch tomorrow? I saw it was 3.05 but I thought 3.05 was Alexander or Savage Alexander w/ red scrips?

edit: just went back through the thread, so all we're suspected are red scrip buffs? ("nerfs"?)

Alrus

What's supposed to be in the patch tomorrow? I saw it was 3.05 but I thought 3.05 was Alexander or Savage Alexander w/ red scrips?

edit: just went back through the thread, so all we're suspected are red scrip buffs? ("nerfs"?)

I think that's it. Who knows, maybe they'll finally find a way to make AST not mediocre too >.>

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Hotfixes for 3.05, so probably just red scrip buff and other minor stuff.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
They mentioned infrastructure maintenance for the patch downtime as well, so I'd imagine that's what the bulk of the work is for.

iammeiam

Maybe they're fixing the Rook Hypercharge bug in A2S. Granted you'd still almost never use it, but not having it fight with Gobwalker vuln stacks would be nice for like... Maybe two spots in the fight.

I honestly wonder if the expansion is struggling already. Then again SE was pretty aggressive with ARR's pricing. However, due to how frankly poor this expansion is right now after the MSQ, one could read into it differently.

I really wonder about this too. Maybe they just tried to capture as much money as they could from the die-hards and were planning on doing a mark-to-market once that was done.

thefil

Started playing this game again over the last 3 weeks with my girlfriend. We're both obsessed.

Bought the expansion, but so impressed with the level 50 content that I've been doing that rather than progressing the main story to unlock HW. There are so many decisions ARR made that if you asked me beforehand I would say are terrible, but work wonderfully in practice. For example, only having 4 real ecosystems for zones, and having you revisit zones constantly.

Almost done the Moogle Carrier quest line and finished 2 episodes of Manderville, and just about unlocked my first relic weapon. Plus a billion other things in flight.

How do you all feel HW compares to ARR? Should I temper my currently sky-high expectations?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Maybe they're fixing the Rook Hypercharge bug in A2S. Granted you'd still almost never use it, but not having it fight with Gobwalker vuln stacks would be nice for like... Maybe two spots in the fight.

One of my friends went back to bard for that fight for that reason.

Went looking through my inventory and found a bunch of stuff to sell.

So of course I undercut the current market prices by 10% and will collapse said markets shortly.

scy

Working as Intended

pls Bishop more

Pirabear

Banned
That feel when I leveled 3 DPS to 50 (BLM, SMN, NIN) only to realize I like playing SCH the most.

Oh well, at least I get faster queues now lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
SqKHRIE.jpg

SERIOUSLY

IvorB

Started playing this game again over the last 3 weeks with my girlfriend. We're both obsessed.

Bought the expansion, but so impressed with the level 50 content that I've been doing that rather than progressing the main story to unlock HW. There are so many decisions ARR made that if you asked me beforehand I would say are terrible, but work wonderfully in practice. For example, only having 4 real ecosystems for zones, and having you revisit zones constantly.

Almost done the Moogle Carrier quest line and finished 2 episodes of Manderville, and just about unlocked my first relic weapon. Plus a billion other things in flight.

How do you all feel HW compares to ARR? Should I temper my currently sky-high expectations?

Personally I think HW is a pretty big step up from ARR. It certainly addressed my hype satisfactorily. If you are enjoying ARR then it's probably a safe bet that you will like the expansion though there is less content to it now obviously. If you want to be safe then you could just expect it to be sh*t and be pleasantly surprised. :)

I think my enthusiasm for the Twintania mount has been diminished by seeing how dumb it looks when it's walking on the ground. What's that about?

Audioboxer

Constantly overwhelmed by how much there is to do in this game. Ignoring everything for now until 50. At 43 with some stone vigil grinding. Really need to spend some time organising my hotbar, kinda messy and as I learn more and get to grips with pet management there's a lot of buttons floating around.

hamchan

Nope. Heavensward is great.

BadRNG

I still stand by Garuda NM being rather difficult.
Compared to other leveling content I guess, but it's not really that bad? The main difference is you just can't ignore or power through mechanics like you can in vast majority of content. The actual dps/healing/tanking requirements are pretty low, but if you ignore mechanics you will die quickly.

Valor

Compared to other leveling content I guess, but it's not really that bad? The main difference is you just can't ignore or power through mechanics like you can in vast majority of content. The actual dps/healing/tanking requirements are pretty low, but if you ignore mechanics you will die quickly.
They're low, yes, because they're tuned to level 43, but the issue does become that it's one of the very few story fights that actually requires you to try and has mechanics that don't really show up again. HM and EX Garuda fights are much more straightforward than story mode, which is super weird.

There's only one difficult part and that is to move behind her when she casts shriek post-jump.
Yes. There's another bit where she'll warp to the outside and shriek which you can dodge that most people think you can't. Usually groups wipe there. The thing is that I've tanked/dps'd/healed most of the content in ARR and Garuda normal always seems to give me trouble when I heal it. I'm really not sure why. It's not a hard fight, honestly, but it's sneakily a tricky fight especially when you have a newbie there. Ifrit and Titan story are both faceroll in comparison. That being said, I don't agree that it needs a nerf, though >_>

Voror

Feel bad for having to leave a dungeon run due to getting called into work suddenly. First time I was able to actually get in. Looks like being a DPS isn't too advantageous there, which is a pain since I need to do the dungeons to progress the Main Scenario.

Think I'll work on the Hunting Logs for my Lancer for a while to level him up some more. Perhaps then I'll switch to Marauder to level that up some for both Dragoon and Warrior eventually.

Is it easy enough to level up for other Jobs down the line beyond your first?

Xux

Woof, silent impatient people in the Expert Roulette; makes me feel self conscious for some reason. Maybe I should avoid queue it on Mondays as that's when the eccentrics seem to show up.

iammeiam

There are actually no words for my current rage at the instance servers and this fucking maintenance.

Just

guttural

incoherent

sounds

thefil

Feel bad for having to leave a dungeon run due to getting called into work suddenly. First time I was able to actually get in. Looks like being a DPS isn't too advantageous there, which is a pain since I need to do the dungeons to progress the Main Scenario.

Think I'll work on the Hunting Logs for my Lancer for a while to level him up some more. Perhaps then I'll switch to Marauder to level that up some for both Dragoon and Warrior eventually.

Is it easy enough to level up for other Jobs down the line beyond your first?

You get a 50% XP boost for jobs below your max job level. But I haven't taken a secondary job past 30 myself.

All the PvP gear looks gaudy as hell except maybe the headwear.

I'm actually kind of disappointed in the way the tank i180 stuff looks. I've tried different color schemes and glamming the Lynx DRK stuff into it and I still can't make it work. I'm thinking its an issue with the color scheme. I was gonna try pure white dye once I get the full set.

iammeiam

Instance servers puked early and took forever to release our characters and cost us the last 30-40 minutes of our raid

And, while I know everyone always says this all the time, we uh.... very likely would have had a real shot at it.

I can't right now.

I just

can't

Valor

Instance servers puked early and took forever to release our characters and cost us the last 30-40 minutes of our raid

And, while I know everyone always says this all the time, we uh.... very likely would have had a real shot at it.

I can't right now.

I just

can't
It's not your fault

Yo, putting server maintenance this time isn't good for people in both NA and in Japan.

If you can find a time which both doesn't piss off a region, and also is reasonable for the devs in Japan who work on it, then you are welcome to suggest it.

Don't forget that it's better than New Zealand where they have maintenance 6pm-10pm every time. For us in the US, it's just a minor inconvenience with some play time cut short (my view at least).

hamchan

?

People still at work in JP. Regular maintenance usually ends around dinner time?

If you can find a time which both doesn't piss off a region, and also is reasonable for the devs in Japan who work on it, then you are welcome to suggest it.

Don't forget that it's better than New Zealand where they have maintenance 6pm-10pm every time. For us in the US, it's just a minor inconvenience with some play time cut short (my view at least).

Eh, never mind what I said then. I was too used to WoW going down around 3am American time. So a 3am Japan time maintenance would put it at 10am American time, which is better (for me) I think. Though I understand if the devs don't want to work that late. Plus I guess people in England get shafted then.

Voror

Yeah, there is a bonus for all jobs/classes lower than your highest.

You get a 50% XP boost for jobs below your max job level. But I haven't taken a secondary job past 30 myself.

Oh, that's a relief. I did some hunts for Lancer than switched to Marauder to try that out and managed to level up taking care of simple side quests I'd left off. I'll probably try to get those two to 30 first since I want to try out the different roles. Weird I know.

They've been generally timing server maintenance with weekly resets the past few weeks. Get used to it.

Yeah, it's becoming increasingly clear that waiting until the last minute to cap Erotics is a really bad idea. Cap them on Sunday just to be sure.

Also finish your Alex runs before then too come to think of it.

Top Bottom