• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

mileS

How is the new PvP mode? I've yet to even try the PvP tbh. Not sure what to expect in this game. A bit confused by the extra abilities and what you get locked out of and what not.

iammeiam

why did i level machinist....

got gauss barrel and now the class is not fun anymore. didn't expect casttime on a gun.

Learn to love your procs. Non-GB is just easy mode.

In real life, people have to aim the gun at the target before firing it

I'm relatively sure in real life there's no way to use special bullets that make you insta fire a jumpshot with perfect accuracy or cover a dude in burning pitch which stores damage and then explodes.

Relatively.

How is the new PvP mode? I've yet to even try the PvP tbh. Not sure what to expect in this game. A bit confused by the extra abilities and what you get locked out of and what not.

-que times are horrid because its all GC based. matches wont pop until the quota for each side is met. this screws over que times since certain GCs tend to be understaffed depending on your data center. i'd prepare to do something else like lvling another class or do some gathering while qued if your trying to pvp during non-prime time hours.

-its fun when people are like minded and wanna win. otherwise its chickens with their heads cut off ala CoD-you can imagine what follows then. premades can dominate however.

-the new game mode can at times fuck your team over do the RNGesus nature of the mode coupled with bad map design for certain parts of the new map.

-class balance is very hit or miss, and depending on your GC there could be a lack of healers. i wouldnt be surprized if SMN gets a nerf in pvp real soon either. their burst is ridiculously broken in PvP.

-PvP skills are a must but are easy to upgrade, and you can reset the points at any time if you wanna switch classes on the fly in a match-that can only be done at the home base however,

-a lot of the PvP armor you get is very hit or miss in terms of aesthetics. this is subjective however.

Thats about all I can think of. I really like PvP in this game when all gears are turning in the same direction. I've had some amazing knock down drag out fights where we only won by like 10 points. The entire experience however can be ruined when you get into an alliance with a bunch of currency farmers who don't really care as long as they get their law/esoterics from the roulette for the day :/

Lanrutcon

Anyone else feel like the new jobs are kind of lame? DK should have been dps since the game lacks a bruiser class that isn't shoehorned into tanking. MCH should have been a gadget/machine driven class instead of a dumping ground for unhappy Bards. ASTs needed more development time to come up with a niche for them. I look at the vanilla jobs and don't really see the new jobs fitting in well.

dcye

my bard is sitting at 50. not really interested to level him further currently.

I know that I'm just trolling but I find it crazy that you didn't know that both of these classes have cast times at max level. I mean there was almost non-stop cast bar discussion for days and days in this thread and other places for discussing the game.

I know that I'm just trolling but I find it crazy that you didn't know that both of these classes have cast times at max level. I mean there was almost non-stop cast bar discussion for days and days in this thread and other places for discussing the game.

i don't have time to worry about things i have no interest at present. other tasks demand attention, even other games! so no, some topics will get filtered out. it's no big deal, really.

Ken

Anyone else feel like the new jobs are kind of lame? DK should have been dps since the game lacks a bruiser class that isn't shoehorned into tanking. MCH should have been a gadget/machine driven class instead of a dumping ground for unhappy Bards. ASTs needed more development time to come up with a niche for them. I look at the vanilla jobs and don't really see the new jobs fitting in well.

I think DRK and MCH are alright, and the concept of AST is good but underpowered.

MCH does feel like a gadget-type "Batman's belt" class to me what with Wildfire, Dismantle/Rend Mind, Blank, Stun/Silence, Promotion, and Heavy/Slow. Mechanical pets would be really weird though since automatons is more a Garlean/Allagan thing?

DRK is a pretty good tank right now. If anything I'd like PLD to get a rework/overhaul so I'd have reason to bring it over my WAR.

Lanrutcon

I think DRK and MCH are alright, and the concept of AST is good but underpowered.

MCH does feel like a gadget-type "Batman's belt" class to me what with Wildfire, Dismantle/Rend Mind, Blank, Stun/Silence, Promotion, and Heavy/Slow.

I meant actual gadgets, as in less of a 'Marksman' and more of an 'Engineer'. Like, grenades and drones and mines and nets and rockets and energy shields and steam powered robo chickens that distribute X potions.

Ken

I meant actual gadgets, as in less of a 'Marksman' and more of an 'Engineer'. Like, grenades and drones and mines and nets and rockets and energy shields and steam powered robo chickens that distribute X potions.

Maybe with the time skip Moon expansion.

dcye

i don't have time to worry about things i have no interest at present. other tasks demand attention, even other games! so no, some topics will get filtered out. it's no big deal, really.

Meh I have a FT job and a girlfriend and shockingly I play other games as well. It's not a big deal, just very surprising to me.

No time to worry and read up about MCH.

Takes MCH from 30 to 52 and complains.

it was fun leveling machinist. problem?

maybe you enjoy to gulp down chewed food from someone else. i for one love to explore these things myself.

severs up soon so you can get back to your catgirl/dragongirl? ;)

Ken

it was fun leveling machinist. problem?

maybe you enjoy to gulp down chewed food from someone else. i for one love exploring these things myself.

Looking at a wiki with tooltips someone copied verbatim from the game is considered gulping chewed food? Ok.

Wow you wound me.

Wait, you have time to see that I have a catgirl and no time to read one of the billion Gauss Barrel posts? I didn't know I demanded such attention from you, senpai~ n////n

Kenai

There are plenty of things the new jobs do well that no other class can. DRK's magic damage mitigation is the best of the 3 tanks and they have great AoE threat and a few somewhat rare debuffs. MCH have most debuffs and most buffs but just can't use them all at the same time so they can tailor themselves to suit the fight (and have some truly amazing burst). Even though AST is still slightly undertuned (Noct stance needs an additional bonus for using it cause its shields/potency are too weak vs Diurnal regen or SCH in general, the Spear card needs to be dynamic, and Collective is crappy/Celestial needs a shorter timer) don't underestimate them. They have extremely powerful buffs and can extend them to have 30+ seconds of things like damage reduction or damage bonuses or haste, and those buffs can be increased further to become some of the highest potency/longest lasting of their respective buffs in the game, and on a fairly short timer too.

If you only compare them ability to ability, of course the vanilla class is going to do something better. It should, you still need a reason to play that class beyond personal enjoyment. But the new jobs are all still good.

Ken

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Aug. 4, 2015)

The following adjustments have been made:
Hit detection when attacking an enemy while level synced has been adjusted.
Items that can be obtained from treasure coffers appearing in archaeoskin, wyvernskin, and dragonskin treasure maps have been adjusted.
The following items can now be traded in multiple numbers at once to the Idyllshire NPC “scrip exchange”:
 Rowena’s token (red crafters’ scrip) / Rowena’s token (red gatherers’ scrip) / Rowena’s token (blue gatherers’ scrip)
The number of red gatherers’ scrips, red crafters’ scrips and blue crafters’ scrips that can be obtained as rewards from the NPC “scrip exchange” in Idyllshire and Revenant's Toll have been increased.
The Duty Finder has been adjusted so that players who have been vote-dismissed are not immediately available as candidates for joining a party.
Certain Worlds will no longer go down, even during congested periods such as right after a maintenance.
 *During congestion, Worlds will no longer go down, but the character selection screen may not display.
The following item names have been changed:
 - Serpentskin Belt of Gathering → Dragonskin Belt of Gathering

The following issues have been addressed:
An issue in “Alexander – The Cuff of the Father (Savage)” wherein players would sometimes be able to complete the duty without meeting all requirements under certain conditions.
An issue in “Alexander – The Arm of the Father (Savage)” wherein certain objects would clip into the floor.
An issue in “Alexander – The Arm of the Father (Savage)” wherein monsters would only auto-attack under certain conditions.
An issue in “Alexander – The Burden of the Father (Savage)” wherein the hit percentage of physical attacks would change under certain conditions.
An issue in “The Vault” wherein the game client could crash when defeating a boss under certain conditions.
An issue in “The Dusk Vigil” wherein the game client could crash occasionally when exiting the dungeon through the timer running out. (PlayStation®4 version only)
An issue wherein Dravanian Wyverns in the Dravanian Forelands would not drop Wyvern Skins.
An issue wherein the machinist action “Rapid Fire” would not apply its effect properly while under the effect of “Gauss Barrel”.
An issue wherein casting the black mage action “Fire III” immediately after receiving the “Firestarter” effect would result in an uninterruptable cast instead of an instant cast.
An issue wherein using the astrologian card “The Ewer” on a dark knight with the “Darkside” status would not display the correct message.
An issue with the fisher action “Collector’s Glove” wherein catching a fish as a collectable uses up two pieces of bait.
An issue wherein the carpenter recipe for the “Sun Mica Grinding Wheel” listed an incorrect amount of Fieldcraft Demimateria III needed to craft it.
An issue with the quest “From the Hoplon to the Brume” wherein the materia melding screen would display incorrect information when attempting to meld the rewarded materia immediately.
An issue wherein dyeing quest reward items and then turning them in to complete other quests would not display the dye information correctly.
An issue wherein it was possible to occasionally submit items past the limit with material supplying for the Company Workshop.
An issue wherein the client would sometimes crash when interacting with legendary gathering nodes.
An issue wherein the game would become unresponsive when gathering collectables.
An issue wherein the player would not be able to synthesize until after re-logging if they stopped synthesis under certain conditions.
An issue wherein the weekly cap for Red Gatherers’ Scrips would not reset properly under certain conditions.
An issue wherein purchasing high quality items in a specific way from the Idyllshire NPC “Splendor Vendor” would display as if the player purchased normal quality items.
An issue with the Idyllshire NPC “Sabina” wherein the accessories under the Gordian Parts Exchange menus would not be in the correct order.
An issue with the Fish Guide wherein the prime locations for the following fish were incorrect.
 Illuminati Perch / Hinterlands Perch
An issue wherein opening the Party Finder widget would sometimes close the game under certain conditions.
An issue with exploratory voyages wherein the amount of time lapsed for the previous voyage would sometimes not display correctly.
An issue wherein assigning the following keys to the hotbar would cause the key name to not appear correctly on the hotbar:
 Insert / Print Screen / Scroll Lock / Pause
An issue wherein the game client may crash or cause the game to become unresponsive when logging in. (PlayStation®4 only)
An issue wherein the game could become unresponsive when performing emotes. (PlayStation®4 only)
An issue wherein equipping “Hempen Camise” together with the following equipment as a female Elezen would cause certain graphics to not appear correctly:
 Antiquated Caller’s Armlets / Caller’s Armlets
 Antiquated Aoidos’ Shoulder Gloves / Aoidos’ Shoulder Gloves
An issue wherein equipping both the “Asuran Dogi of Aiming” and “Orthodox Wristgloves of Aiming” would cause certain graphics to not appear correctly.
An issue wherein shadows for certain housing interior furnishings did not display correctly.
An issue wherein unnecessary objects appeared in the sky in the Dravanian Hinterlands.
An issue wherein it was not possible to land correctly while mounted in certain areas in the Dravanian Forelands.
An issue wherein players could become stuck or fall through the map in several Patch 3.0 areas.
An issue wherein the helptext for “Snurbleberry Tart” did not include “EXP Bonus” and “Duration”.
An issue wherein the helptext for “Nameday Cake” contained incorrect food effects.

Spoilered for people not into walkthroughs.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ul.-28-2015)?p=3214352&viewfull=1#post3214352

dcye

It's about time they fixed the duty finder thing where people you kicked could join straight back into your party.

Also that uninterruptible cast thing that happens with BLM happens with BRD as well after you drop minuet and use a WS. They might have fixed that in the patch notes as well but I stopped reading cause bored.

It's not.

you know it is. plenty of people go into these games as spoiler free as possible. armor design, weapon design, skills....who cares. also i'm not going to reply to your posts anymore. go find your attention elsewhere, you're not worth my time.

servers are probably up soon. have fun.

Ken

you're not worth my time.

S-s-senpai! Q.Q

ieyuPeUOsdM7I.png

They certainly increased the amount of blue and red scrips you can get...

Not on everything.

For crafting red scrips, they massively boosted the scrips rewards for some stuff, boosted some others a bit and some didn't get any boost. For example Aurum Planisphere for GSM which is a relatively "cheap" craft now gives 37red scrips unstarred. Used to give like 24, so that's quite a massive boost. Meanwhile adamantite legguards of maiming, which uses a bunch of stupid mats(it's adamantite after all), was only boosted to 24, from iirc, 19. Finally Deep Fried Okeanis, which is possibly the cheapest item to make, was boosted from 9 to... 9. So it wasn't changed at all hehe.

So some of the harder crafts are well rewarded(the BSM adamantite gun gives a whooping 45, without a bonus), but a bunch are still completely crap(I have a starred chimerical felt thingie that gives 25) and they didn't change the really easy ones, I assume morel salad is the same also.

Note that they also boosted blues for people still farming, Illuminati perches are 40 now which I think is quite a bit more than they used to be(but maybe not I don't really remember), and some of the stuff gives like close to 60scrips per item, even though they're lvl 57.

About this fix:

An issue wherein casting the black mage action “Fire III” immediately after receiving the “Firestarter” effect would result in an uninterruptable cast instead of an instant cast.

Was this a new issue or is this the thing where high latency would cause you to hard cast Fire 3 even with Firestarter up? [Example]

Top Bottom