• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Proc still works the way it used to work, as in it pops like .3secs later so spamming fire 3 doesn't cast it instant even if you get a proc, so not sure what's the change for.

I think you might have misunderstood the example - what it shows is:

Fire -> Firestarter procs -> Fire -> Fire 3 hardcast

Audioboxer

Heh, wow, thanks. Some 70 pages to read there...

I know :|

Gotta get good if I have a chance of surviving in the GAF guild! Trying to steam to 45 for now to get my class gear. First blues! Ignoring side quests, just doing the main quest and then dungeon grinding when I need a level for the next main quest. Saving the side quests for levelling other classes, eventually.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
About this fix:

Was this a new issue or is this the thing where high latency would cause you to hard cast Fire 3 even with Firestarter up? [Example]

I think it was a bug that popped up. Notice it says unitteruptable. I think sometimes instead of the proc effect being an instant cast, sometimes it would act as if you hit Surecast.

aceface

500 MB patch on PC. I wonder what's in there.

How many red scrips do adamantite ore and chisyl greens give now?

They give 12/13/14 un-starred.
The higher level red scrip item (the one from books) gives 15/16/18.

Apparently Dusk Leather is now in the game in maps too.

iammeiam

Hopefully the Rapid Fire fix fixes the cases I'm thinking of. Nothing like popping it to get Lead Shot off before the Hardmind runs past you and having a cast (which interrupts) anyway.

Rook still bugged in A2S; more magic vulnerability for all.

Ken

Hopefully the Rapid Fire fix fixes the cases I'm thinking of. Nothing like popping it to get Lead Shot off before the Hardmind runs past you and having a cast (which interrupts) anyway.

Rook still bugged in A2S; more magic vulnerability for all.

I thought that was lag related. I'd sometimes hit RF and still hard cast the next shot which still consumes a RF shot.

Oh yeah didn't look at the gif, never seen that happen before, wasn't that when FCoB was laggy as shit and we were taking turns not being able to play?

Yep, I've got a video from around then of when I was able to complete a Thunder cast bar while running in circles around a striking dummy.

Gotta get good if I have a chance of surviving in the GAF guild! Trying to steam to 45 for now to get my class gear. First blues! Ignoring side quests, just doing the main quest and then dungeon grinding when I need a level for the next main quest. Saving the side quests for levelling other classes, eventually.

That big summoner guide is for level 60s and a sizeable chunk of it is theory crafting and background info, so I wouldn't worry about taking it all in now. I think by the time you hit 50, you'll have a firmer handle of how the summoner skill set fits together, and the guide will be easier to digest. Take it easy and don't worry about it too much.

Jeels

500 MB patch on PC. I wonder what's in there.

They give 12/13/14 un-starred.
The higher level red scrip item (the one from books) gives 15/16/18.

Apparently Dusk Leather is now in the game in maps too.

Hmm so that's 55 collectibles a week down to 38...not bad.

iammeiam

I thought that was lag related. I'd sometimes hit RF and still hard cast the next shot which still consumes a RF shot.

I'd written it off as a weird lag thing too, but am getting my hopes up since they fixed... Something. Gotta find new ways to be disappointed.

Vcqiy0u.png

Happy weapons day everyone

well those who saved there eso for it

What's the general consensus on MCH? I'm really trying to find a class that's FUN to play. I got BLM to 54 before I gave up just got so tired of casting the same like three spells over and over. Got smn to 60 and it's better but I'm still not in love with how it feels during combat. I've got a MCH to 41 and I can see potential but I'm really just looking for jobs people have the most fun playing. Any opinions?

What's the general consensus on MCH? I'm really trying to find a class that's FUN to play. I got BLM to 54 before I gave up just got so tired of casting the same like three spells over and over. Got smn to 60 and it's better but I'm still not in love with how it feels during combat. I've got a MCH to 41 and I can see potential but I'm really just looking for jobs people have the most fun playing. Any opinions?
Fun is waaaay too subjective because everyone is going to give you a different opinion of fun.

I love healers and find them fun but very commonly hear people complain healing isn't fun. Dragoons are considered a fun class by many but I hate the class with a passion and do not find it to be fun at all.

Honestly the best recommendation is for you to personally test/ look up all the classes and find what fits for you.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

I've asked around and the class isn't optimal for A2S, and is thus worthless garbage. Reroll SMN, praise tanaka.

(It's alright, I find it a lot more fun than bard and Gauss Barrel is more satisfying than the bard equivalent).

iammeiam

Not going to wall of text you, but I'm enjoying it to a pretty big degree (despite being inferior in A2S 5ever RIP. That's probably why the servers crashed last night.) You need to get to 52 and unlock Gauss Barrel; that's the last major gamechanger skill and how you react to that will determine how much you enjoy the class. "Fun" is going to be a function of how much you enjoy weird skill interactions and having to remember whether or not this thing will die and/or jump in the next 15 seconds to know if you have time to prep your big attack. It's a lot of little things.

The contrast is that I think a lot of jobs get their gamechanger skills later. BLM and I think SMN change pretty noticeably at 60, DRG fleshes out at 58/60, etc. but since you're 41 MCH, might as well push to 52 since any pre-52 opinion is kind of half baked.

plake

Ultimate bow of ultimate destiny.

That's no unicorn.

To be fair, you don't need to know all of that by heart unless you're end game raiding. Just having a decent knowledge of your job will get you through 99% of the current content.

Not going to wall of text you, but I'm enjoying it to a pretty big degree (despite being inferior in A2S 5ever RIP. That's probably why the servers crashed last night.) You need to get to 52 and unlock Gauss Barrel; that's the last major gamechanger skill and how you react to that will determine how much you enjoy the class. "Fun" is going to be a function of how much you enjoy weird skill interactions and having to remember whether or not this thing will die and/or jump in the next 15 seconds to know if you have time to prep your big attack. It's a lot of little things.

The contrast is that I think a lot of jobs get their gamechanger skills later. BLM and I think SMN change pretty noticeably at 60, DRG fleshes out at 58/60, etc. but since you're 41 MCH, might as well push to 52 since any pre-52 opinion is kind of half baked.

Thanks a lot!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
ftfy (I still have no real idea on secondary stat weights but instinct was against holding out on everything else for a Piety/Spellspeed weapon)

Who cares about secondary stats? Weapon Damage. Weapon. Damage. It's so important even mind gain isn't as important.

For example my WHM is now 183 with Ravana weapon.
Equipping Weathered Cane instead but keeping all the gear loses 92 weapon damage and 92 mind.
Cure 1 goes from 2860 to 660.
Next let's try unequipping all the gear but Ravana weapon losing around 530 mind.
Cure 1 does 1200 STILL.

To do the math, 1 point of mind gives about 3 HP per cure while 1 point of WD gives 20.

Tiops

Need to get home and buy my SMN book. It sucks that books are barely noticeable during fights :(

And it's funny how they named the Bard's bow "Berimbau" and put lots of strings on it. Berimbaus only have one...

Sorian

Banned
It does.

So I assume that A4s is gonna get cleared this week since the i200 weapons are in play

I expected to wake up to the news that it had been cleared in all honesty. Maybe A4S is the real deal. I just want this to go one way or the other, I can't properly plan my glamour if I'm going to be switched to the shittiest race in the game for two weeks.

iammeiam

A4S radio silence so strong I don't think we have any idea of how far they're getting. i200 weapons should help, but I'm curious to see if they have anybody go the body route since they're now on their second week of twines and third week of coats which means a lot of i210 potential just floating out there.

The interesting thing is kind of that until they hit enrage I'm not sure how they can tell how close they are overall, and I don't think I've seen any indicators of hitting enrage yet?

(USA! USA! Etc)

Sorian

Banned
A4S radio silence so strong I don't think we have any idea of how far they're getting. i200 weapons should help, but I'm curious to see if they have anybody go the body route since they're now on their second week of twines and third week of coats which means a lot of i210 potential just floating out there.

The interesting thing is kind of that until they hit enrage I'm not sure how they can tell how close they are overall, and I don't think I've seen any indicators of hitting enrage yet?

I kind of expect that A4S has 3 different enrages, one for each leg and then for the main body. That will screw with their proper timing of the fight.

Kenai

Who cares about secondary stats? Weapon Damage. Weapon. Damage. It's so important even mind gain isn't as important.

For example my WHM is now 183 with Ravana weapon.
Equipping Weathered Cane instead but keeping all the gear loses 92 weapon damage and 92 mind.
Cure 1 goes from 2860 to 660.
Next let's try unequipping all the gear but Ravana weapon losing around 530 mind.
Cure 1 does 1200 STILL.

To do the math, 1 point of mind gives about 3 HP per cure while 1 point of WD gives 20.

Did you just try equipping Hive vs ? I'm not saying it isn't better overal for healingl, don't get me wrong. but now my body went from 180 to 200 and I got the option of getting a ring this week too. I know for a fact that preliminary testing also showed WD stat value to have gone down from ARR.

Weapon stats vs hive are:

+2 WD, +9 MND, -83 Crit, +70 Piety, and +34 spellspeed

While 180 to 200 Body is:

+26 Def, +45 MDef, +17 vit, +15 mnd, -46 det, -69 spellspeed, +60 crit and +92 piety

and if one bought the 200 ring this week (pretty much as irreplaceable as body piece so why not?) that is also +7 mnd +27 det and more vs the 180 ring.

Keep in mind the 180 vs 200 diff, cause if you actually got the 4 shafts by now that meant losing out on other pieces which i am not sure on the math for overall (feel free to add), and that extra Vit and Def from the body aren't near as available as they were back during last expact when comparable jewelry was available for melding extra VIT and stuff. The extra Cure potency is obviously more important for absolute healing, just like it is for damage for DPS, but as an AST my damage contribution via WD isn't quite as potent as WHM or SCH. A significant amount of my damage contribution will be from card buffs and thus unaffected by WD in terms of healer DPS which is another thing I considered.

So with that said, napkin math says upgrading from 180 to 200 ring and body vs 190 to 200 weapon ended up being:

+26 Def
+45 Mdef
+17 vit
+13 mnd
+121 crit
+52 Piety

VS

+2 WD,
+51 DET
+64 spellspeed.

Even assuming that the +2 WD equals out to be more raw healing than all of those other secondary stats, I don't really see a problem with having that extra Vit and Def while the fight is being learned/downed, especially since they (like the weapon) aren't realistically going to be replaced anytime soon. And yes, glamour.

We could also remove the ring from the equation for getting back to the weapon a week earlier, but the point about def/vit still stands.

iammeiam

I think we have heard of a leg-specific DPS check; I also buy in to the speculation of four legs in A4S though. We should get more info this week at least, as weapon day lets the next tier of groups through A3S.

scy

I like the subdued look of the weapon, a nice change from how ridiculous some of their Paladin sword sized weapons they've had.

Valor

I like the subdued look of the weapon, a nice change from how ridiculous some of their Paladin sword sized weapons they've had.

agreed. I dislike a large majority of ninja endgame weapons. Ravana weapon is like one exception. The eso one is super nice.

Top Bottom