• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kenai

I think we have heard of a leg-specific DPS check; I also buy in to the speculation of four legs in A4S though. We should get more info this week at least, as weapon day lets the next tier of groups through A3S.

I should also mention that i am still 100% for DPS getting weapon first. After all, they are DPS and their priority is the DPS check. The extra WD is gonna likely always trump everything else for them.

I just specifically tried to explain why I as an AST made the decision to go body armor first. The glamour was nice, but there was a fair amount more to it than that.

Besides, by the time i get anywhere near A4S I'll have the weapon anyway. Moot point for me.

scy

I should also mention that i am still 100% for DPS getting weapon first. After all, they are DPS and their priority is the DPS check. The extra WD is gonna likely always trump everything else for them.

Unless the weight of WD is somewhere around ~11-ish INT, my 200 body + 210 ring is a net gain I think. Or at least close enough that it's a wash. I keep telling myself this since I keep expecting that 100 -> 102 WD somehow is like 15 INT / WD because fuck me.

just need to kill A3S this week so I can dye this toga too npnp

WolvenOne

Unless the weight of WD is somewhere around ~11-ish INT, my 200 body + 210 ring is a net gain I think. Or at least close enough that it's a wash. I keep telling myself this since I keep expecting that 100 -> 102 WD somehow is like 15 INT / WD because fuck me.

Oh, wait, is the upgraded gear dyeable? Nice, won't have to pay millions to Crafters this time around.

Jayhawk

Oh, wait, is the upgraded gear dyeable? Nice, won't have to pay millions to Crafters this time around.

Upgraded poetics gear could be dyed.
Upgraded soldiery gear could be dyed.
Upgraded law gear could be dyed.
Upgraded esoterics gear could be dyed.

I am noticing a trend.

Kenai

I don't even know what DPS stat weights are. or how important the extra defense in savage is (cause if it doesn't then the def/vit on the body is kinda moot). or how badly healers are whiffing with their spells that need ACC that they can't get (which could boost/devalue healer DPS and WD). none of that.

But yea, I feel it's enough of a grey area regarding healer stat weights compared to ARR that I can say my choice wasn't objectively bad. And I like that, cause options for people with different priorities are more fun that 'always by X no question".

WolvenOne

Upgraded poetics gear could be dyed.
Upgraded soldiery gear could be dyed.
Upgraded law gear could be dyed.
Upgraded esoterics gear could be dyed.

I am noticing a trend.

I suspected it would be, but I was never able to examine the gear to see if it had that clear circle that signifies it's dyeable.

....Where do you get that upgraded anyway? North Shroud again?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Rin scooping all the loot.

iammeiam

What they didn't tell you is that the Eso book unlocks the fourth egi.

Spoilers: It's Faust-egi.

You done goofed.

Xux

I suspected it would be, but I was never able to examine the gear to see if it had that clear circle that signifies it's dyeable.

....Where do you get that upgraded anyway? North Shroud again?
Idyllshire. It's the girl that upgrades Law gear.

docbon

More like Snitch @ Heart

SRFqr8c.png

I stayed logged in with my new weapon after waking up at reset time to get the stupid thing in time for A1/2S tonight to show how shameful the damn thing is. Everyone who walks by shall feel the pain.

:expect to see my log contain least one ERP related tell towards the new weapon:

Sorian

Banned
I stayed logged in with my new weapon after waking up at reset time to get the stupid thing in time for A1/2S tonight to show how shameful the damn thing is. Everyone who walks by shall feel the pain.

:expect to see my log contain least one ERP related tell towards the new weapon:

Which end would feel better stuffed into an orifice? In your professional opinion, of course.

Audioboxer

That's no unicorn.

To be fair, you don't need to know all of that by heart unless you're end game raiding. Just having a decent knowledge of your job will get you through 99% of the current content.

Yup :)

I finally got my Squall card before going to work earlier. Nearly 50 cards as well now!

Lanrutcon

Wait a minute.

...upgraded poetic/law/erotics (hur hur) can be dyed? You mean I don't have to dress in white and black every tier level?

IvorB

The unsynched play is such a great addition. I was able to solo Dzaemel Darkhold for my relic item this evening. It's fun to go back and reck old stuff.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can someone help? My computer crashed while patching and now ff14 is giving me an error whenever I try to log in. It seems like I will require the latest boot files. Do you guys mind uploading the latest boot folder?

That last page, lol. Who are Ken, Dyce, and Augemitbutter in game? Just curious.

Actually is there some kind of spreadsheet or member list for figuring who is who ingame vs the forum? I know who a handful are, but aside from that I'm clueless.

Audioboxer

Just done Dzemael Darkhold for the first time. First real challenge! Hated the place lol.

I have a question about spreading dots though. Tank told me to stop it as it kept aggroing ads (ads that are already attacking him btw). He just wanted everyone focussing on one enemy. I was doing that, only nuking the one everyone was, but I've been spreading the dots off the main focussed enemy since I learned bane and not one issue in any other dungeon. This time they'd often stop attacking him and come after me.

Was he doing tanking wrong or was he right to pretty much say don't use bane? It seems efficient to do so as once the 1st enemy is down and everyone moves to second bio has already chipped away at a little of its health.

Just done Dzemael Darkhold for the first time. First real challenge! Hated the place lol.

I have a question about spreading dots though. Tank told me to stop it as it kept aggroing ads (ads that are already attacking him btw). He just wanted everyone focussing on one enemy. I was doing that, only nuking the one everyone was, but I've been spreading the dots off the main focussed enemy since I learned bane and not one issue in any other dungeon. This time they'd often stop attacking him and come after me.

Was he doing tanking wrong or was he right to pretty much say don't use bane? It seems efficient to do so as once the 1st enemy is down and everyone moves to second bio has already chipped away at a little of its health.

He was tanking wrong, you're supposed to Bane everything. It's his job to use flash/overpower/unleash so he can keep aggro on all of the enemies.

Audioboxer

He was tanking wrong, you're supposed to Bane everything. It's his job to use flash/overpower/unleash so he can keep aggro on all of the enemies.

*Phew*

Had that horrible feeling that I'd been doing something wrong for the last ton of dungeon runs and the tank was just coping better. Ah well, he got us through the dungeon, just.

Audioboxer

Out of interest for recruiting how do you get a code without needing someone's email? Send the code to yourself and then just pass it on to them?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some classes still cast sleep on additional adds in lower level dungeons. When I was leveling my SMN recently I wasn't using bane when that was the case, since having my Sleep removed by aoe was really infuriating as a THM/BLM.
Out of interest for recruiting how do you get a code without needing someone's email? Send the code to yourself and then just pass it on to them?
Yes.

Audioboxer

Some classes still cast sleep on additional adds in lower level dungeons. When I was leveling my SMN recently I wasn't using bane when that was the case, since having my Sleep removed by aoe was really infuriating as a THM/BLM.

Yes.

Cheers! And no was casting sleep for sure. He just can't have been doing anything to the other mobs aggroed in the group. Never every bane I cast brought at least one of the additional mobs running my way. I just stopped when he asked and it felt like everything took longer, especially if there were 4/5 enemies attacking him.

Soma

Second boss in The Vault is the real bad detector.

idk it's almost always been the last boss in that dungeon where people seem to get stuck on at least in my experience. like i actually saw the ten minute warning for the first time in any dungeon i've been in lol.

it went from being my favorite dungeon to me never wanting to see it ever again after that.

idk it's almost always been the last boss in that dungeon where people seem to get stuck on at least in my experience. like i actually saw the ten minute warning for the first time in any dungeon i've been in lol.

it went from being my favorite dungeon to me never wanting to see it ever again after that.
Similar experience. I love the Anor Londo feel but its not worth dealing with DPS at the last boss.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Well third is hard-for-real, but second one just requires basic awareness, which is, you know. A very rare gift in this game.

Top Bottom