• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Lanrutcon

I don't remember most of those expect the bomb one :/ Were they all from Heavensward? Also this is the first time I hear about somebody outlvling msq duties to the point that they need to get synced down.

And as a SCH you do have an AoE to push bombs away, Miasma 2, works nicely for the duty in Hinterlands :)

Oh crap. You're right. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu (brb rerolling Dragoon)

Ambition

Oh I didn't know you didn't have Heavensward.

{That's too bad.}

suicide.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The selection of Moonfire stuff on Mogstation is surprisingly slim - strictly the last year's rewards, no older Yukatas or the swimsuits galore. Hm.

Neku054

Neo Member
The selection of Moonfire stuff on Mogstation is surprisingly slim - strictly the last year's rewards, no older Yukatas or the swimsuits galore. Hm.

Well my assumption is that they are going to do what they did last year. Provide all swimsuits through a vendor. It was the only event that did it (provide the previous year reward) and probably don't want backlash if they don't provide the same rewards of 2013 again through a vendor.

But to be clear i think the 2013 Moonfaire rewards are the only items that will ever be available through vendors in events, any other event you might have missed will always be through mogstation the following year. or so it seems anyways

Female lalas have the best hairstyle in the game. I call it the onion-head hair style, the default Dunefolk female Lalafell hairstyle.

In fact I've been tempted to go from male Lalafell to female Lalafell lately.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Hit the enrage at on Floor 1 Savage. Just have to tighten up the DPS and we should get it down when two of our members come back from their holiday.

Some people in this game are really smug, just had a healer say he did more damage than me(drg) on a boss. I just started endgame and he's already had better gear than me lol.

Audioboxer

Some people in this game are really smug, just had a healer say he did more damage than me(drg) on a boss. I just started endgame and he's already had better gear than me lol.

Always the same in MMOs. Luckily for the most part while levelling all the people I've grouped with have welcomed me being upfront about being new.

Always the same in MMOs. Luckily for the most part while levelling all the people I've grouped with have welcomed me being upfront about being new.
I'm not even new to the content, this was a duty roulette lol. This is the first I've come across someone like this since earlier this year with someone who told a healer not to res me.

Healing WARs in strength gear on A4 is freaking horrible. Both tanks were strength WARs and the other healer, WHM, was a newbie to the fight and couldn't seem to anticipate damage well even after the group wiped 6 times.

It is freaking horrible to watch their HP spike wildly so much and the other healer not doing anything about it and me, a AST, rushing and burning mana to throw band aids at people.

I guess it depends on how he said it, but I don't think that's necessarily smug? If you're doing less damage than a healer, you're doing something wrong. Gear should have no impact in this unless the fight as multiple targets. He might have mentionned it so you can tell that you're doing something wrong and work on it. I mean, realistically, he probably was being smug about it and an asshole, and also an idiot since parsers aren't technically legal, but unless the situation lent itself to it, you shouldn't get outdpsed by a healer even if you're using an i160 weapon and they have i200weapon, especially if they were healing at all(in a 8man like alex they might not have had to heal).

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

kuroshiki

Well...

Have you played healer job?

There is nothing more stressful for healer than bad dps that drags entire fight down.

I had one instance where 2 blms did absolutely have no idea how to play the job and mid boss fight took 10 min. My mp as healer was almost always completely depleted each fight and we wiped 6 times in the last boss.

Regardless of gear if dps is doing less dmg than healer there is absolutely no excuse. You suck at your job and you should get better at it. Im sorry to be blunt but if you are playing teamplay and you were so bad, to the point where you are not worth the cost of raise mp, then instead of blaming others to be an ass, you should be blaming yourself first.

Remember. Other ppl are spending their own time too. If you value other ppls time, dont be a bad player.

But then of course that healer could have been lying too. I never seen healer does more dmg than drg. Ever.

iammeiam

Picking sides in a DPS fight with literally no details is pretty silly. It's likely the DPS had rotation issues that need to be addressed, but it's not like healer DPS is necessarily slapping things with wet noodles in fights where the healing requirement is low, and if we're talking Fractal or Neverreap it could be an i145 DPS vs an i189 healer with an i200 weapon. Yes, DPS should generally be higher but we don't know anything about what actually happened.

It's hard to gauge anything without details so vehemence seems a little overkill. DPS can/should probably improve. Healer can/should be less of a jerk.

You all seem to remember the bet wrong. It was that an official review of XV would go live before the end of December 31st, 2015. But Red is right about the amount. Grimm is trying to extort me for 2.4M. I will have none of that.

So...new WoW expansion is just Burning Crusade redux or something? Guess we can look forward to something similar down the road for XIV, maybe.

hamchan

Anecdotal evidence as it is, I've never met a rude person in DF/PF on Durandal (JP).

Yep, same, also on a JP server. I just took a character from 1-60 too. Everyone was nice! When something went wrong people said "sorry" and everyone replied "it's ok, don't worry". It's been a great time in Duty Finder for me.

gryvan

You all seem to remember the bet wrong. It was that an official review of XV would go live before the end of December 31st, 2015. But Red is right about the amount. Grimm is trying to extort me for 2.4M. I will have none of that.

So...new WoW expansion is just Burning Crusade redux or something? Guess we can look forward to something similar down the road for XIV, maybe.

The only thing I'm interested in the new Wow expansion is the demon hunter...other than that the rest feels very...rehashed of burning crusade with some timey wimey shit that made everything too convoluted at this point.

Alrus

For someone who wasn't there back then, how different were the Twisters in 2.0? I'm assuming they were almost impossible to dodge 100% but in what way?

gryvan

For someone who wasn't there back then, how different were the Twisters in 2.0? I'm assuming they were almost impossible to dodge 100% but in what way?

Twister was a 1 sec cast time by twintania iirc prenerf. It was a very ridiculous "you better get it right or else bad shits gonna happen Ala wipe."

Postnerf it's 2 sec cast time which you have plenty of time to react

aceface

You had to run in a circle in a super strict pattern to not get hit by them. Only Blue Gartr beat T5 with twisters like that. After they changed them like 4 or 5 groups cleared right away.

Sifl

People who play this game are pretty rude. I've gotten kicked out of the final (I think?) Heavensward main dungeon twice in a row for being new. Right at the beginning before we even started lol, and to make it worse it took me like 30mins to find each run.

Top Bottom