• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

So I have a question about A4. Is it possible to not have the Perpetual Rays hit random party members? I'm guessing it is but every time I've done it (even with people who knew what they were doing), it seems to go off randomly on people and they sometime dies if they're soaking balls at the same time.

Probably has something to do with threat I guess.

you can stun the leg to stop it from happening

scy

Just to clarify, you stun a leg when it's venting steam and drops the Stun Immunity buff it has. This will cut the damage down to ~2k instead of ~6k. It will still random target a person that has no relation to the threat table.

THAT IS NOT HOW BRIGHT SIDES WORK.

brb adding to all blacklists and ignores.

SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED.

;_;

Alrus

Just to clarify, you stun a leg when it's venting steam and drops the Stun Immunity buff it has. This will cut the damage down to ~2k instead of ~6k. It will still random target a person that has no relation to the threat table.

I see, well in normal mode it's nothing more than an annoyance anyway so I guess that's why people don't bother, I'm assuming it's much more important in Savage.

dcye

Well yeah cause everyone else had an invisible thing under them too and you couldn't touch their invisible thing. It separated the men from the boys.

Nah I'm fairly sure original twisters had an invisible tether to the twister spawn point so that you couldn't move too far away from them without them going off.

I might be wrong though, I only went in a couple of times pre-nerf and never saw past DB's.

aceface

I have a question along the lines of that A4 one but with Ravana ex. Is there any rhyme or reason to the number you get on swift liberation? I know it either goes to all 4 dps or the tanks and healers, but I get 4 about 90% of the time with the occasional 3 when I get numbers. Does it correspond to damage done (I'm a healer)?

Ken

Nah I'm fairly sure original twisters had an invisible tether to the twister spawn point so that you couldn't move too far away from them without them going off.

I might be wrong though, I only went in a couple of times pre-nerf and never saw past DB's.

I think it was just the killbox of Twister became active way too quickly for an online game. At least, that's what I gathered for why sharp turns were necessary for dodging them.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I have a question along the lines of that A4 one but with Ravana ex. Is there any rhyme or reason to the number you get on swift liberation? I know it either goes to all 4 dps or the tanks and healers, but I get 4 about 90% of the time with the occasional 3 when I get numbers. Does it correspond to damage done (I'm a healer)?

RNG

Sifl

Is there any way to check how far you are away from any of the 1000 crafting synth trophies?
I think the closest thing you can do is look at your in game achievements. They have achievements like synthesize 50 times for level 1-10 crafting class, synthesize 300 times for 11-20, etc.

Teknoman

I never accept my fc invites, so I don't have one. The worst duty finder experience I had was a Vault run. I was admittedly playing pretty half assed, mainly against the common trash. The other 3 ppl were together, and they started criticizing my dps, said they were parsing(?) the groups dps and I was playing bad. They started telling me what to do, and I basically told them no and got kicked right after the 1st boss.

You really should find a good FC.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Apparently primal tokens such as Crag heart are super in demand right now!
So I coerced a person into buying it for an equivalent of a lesser panda.
I'm all about that lesser panda life.

Tash

Yoshi was wearing the fan designed t-shirt at the fan gathering \o/ (I want that SO, SO bad...)

Spoiloring because, spoiler, kinda..

gfSVVci.jpg

7iofs64.jpg

also, random loot I scored so far (have to work, not that much time for fun :()

KQz8a85.jpg

That Yoshi t-shirt, though..the feels :(

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is it just WAR that is pouring all of its attribute points into STR in HW as far as tanks go, or are all of them doing it?

Is it just WAR that is pouring all of its attribute points into STR in HW as far as tanks go, or are all of them doing it?

Despite what people are led to believe by Reddit, all 3 tanks do very similar DPS when mashing a dummy into a fine paste in their DPS stances. WAR is a bit higher, then DRK, then PLD is slightly lower. But all 3 tanks can do very respectable DPS in HW.

dcye

Despite what people are led to believe by Reddit, all 3 tanks do very similar DPS when mashing a dummy into a fine paste in their DPS stances. WAR is a bit higher, then DRK, then PLD is slightly lower. But all 3 tanks can do very respectable DPS in HW.

I dunno man, the WAR in my group does like 900+ sustained when OT'ing. I'd say WAR is the significant leader and the other two are pretty even.

Soma

i've finally decided to crawl out of my dps shell and start getting into tanking

halone guide me...

any trustworthy guides out there for tanking for beginners?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfYA67VCQC8&feature=youtu.be

I may or may not need to invest in a micro-transaction now.

Huh, guess I missed the event that was originally part of.

they're......selling this now? r.i.p

Yoshi was wearing the fan designed t-shirt at the fan gathering \o/ (I want that SO, SO bad...)

nice shirt. what's in that distant worlds package?

IvorB

Soooo... I unlocked Wanderer's Minuet last night and I'm not really sure I'm feeling it. In and of itself I guess it's okay but it kind of kills the reason I enjoyed playing bard in the first place which was to run around and pew-pew. It doesn't really offer the gameplay switch up from black mage that it did before. Gonna probably stick with it until I get the next skill and see what that's like.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Soooo... I unlocked Wanderer's Minuet last night and I'm not really sure I'm feeling it. In and of itself I guess it's okay but it kind of kills the reason I enjoyed playing bard in the first place which was to run around and pew-pew. It doesn't really offer the gameplay switch up from black mage that is did before.. Gonna probably stick with it until I get the next skill and see what that's like.
Welcome to 1 1/2 months ago were every Bard in sight shook their heads in disappoiment as we are forced to deal with this BS until Square-Enix actually reworks these skills to fit the Bard better instead of copy and pasting the mechanic from the Machinist or until it no longer becomes a necessity to use.

Jeels

The new special edition blue ray :)
DhBNKZe.jpg

Oh nice, let me know what you think of it.

Yoshi was wearing the fan designed t-shirt at the fan gathering o/ (I want that SO, SO bad...)

gfSVVci.jpg

7iofs64.jpg

KQz8a85.jpg

Looks like you had fun! :) hope they do something like that at a US con.

IvorB

Welcome to 1 1/2 months ago were every Bard in sight shook their heads in disappoiment as we are forced to deal with this BS until Square-Enix actually reworks these skills to fit the Bard better instead of copy and pasting the mechanic from the Machinist or until it no longer becomes a necessity to use.

Yeah I guess I am late to the party with this one. I was thinking it would be good to switch between the two styles but that doesn't really work out that well and it's +30% damage so I have to be standing still as much as possible to be effective.

We finally beat A1S too!

Still saw enrage cast despite having new weapons. :S

Congrats!

Sifl

When do you lb on Ravana? I usually lb when he's in his red phase, but someone told me it's a waste because he's charging a slaughter skill. Doesn't he take the most damage on this phase?

iammeiam

Weapon Day made A1S pretty interesting this week (not my PoV, not my UI, bonus mumble chatter): http://www.twitch.tv/sagehero/v/10003436

Our DRG DC'd a little before the second jump happened, and we didn't get him back until the third. Then despite the messiest final phase possible our Summoner 1v1'd the way to victory. So thank you weapon day for making random messy clears a thing, because we were killing during enrage cast before and losing a DPS for that long would have been doom.

Then we somehow one shot A2S which really makes me wish we'd gotten our last few pulls in last week because we were much cleaner then and the tank strat changes the servers tanked immediately before seemed to make the difference. I mean, they still died, it just didn't derail things. Crappy MCHing A2S here:
http://youtu.be/_qpN4W0Tc4A

I kind of really like A2S. It's a chaotic mess and never goes the same way twice, which keeps it interesting.

A3S is just constant lol and seeing how many wipes you can cram into a single lockout. Seeing the DPS check kind of frequently, we just need to learn how to DPS so we can get past it.

Shenmue

Banned
I need that Distant Worlds bluray! I'm assuming it has video since there's not that many tracks?

Is US SE store going to carry that?

Audioboxer

Screw R'ashaht Rhiki! She will just not drop the Merlwyb card for me. Biggest grind for me yet in Triple Triad. Not helped by the 2-7pm play window.

Even hab dropped the Hildibrand card for me within half an hour.

Sorian

Banned
Screw R'ashaht Rhiki! She will just not drop the Merlwyb card for me. Biggest grind for me yet in Triple Triad. Not helped by the 2-7pm play window.

You play any heavensward NPCs yet? The RNG for the 3 GC commanders feels like child's play comparatively.

Audioboxer

You play any heavensward NPCs yet? The RNG for the 3 GC commanders feels like child's play comparatively.

No, I don't have heavensward yet :(

I have all the cards from the commanders, and about 20 leviathans, but no Merlywyb. Stop counting Y'shtola's. lol. Been grinding for about 5 days.

Audioboxer

I'm proud of you for going for that TT card grind. Auto respect from me.

In my 60 days sub, which has about 20 days left, I think I've played TT more than the game lol. Only at level 47.

IIRC I have 56 cards now. Want 60! Even Gaius was a quicker grind than this.

Sorian

Banned
In my 60 days sub, which has about 20 days left, I think I've played TT more than the game lol. Only at level 47.

IIRC I have 56 cards now. Want 60! Even Gaius was a quicker grind than this.

Damn, you are only level 47 which means you got Gaius the hard way, your odds of Gaius dropping were actually substantially lower than Merylweb dropping.

So I'm losing GC staff's because I can't rank up any higher. It says I need to unlock hunts. Is there a level requirement or something I'm missing?

Top Bottom